1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Chances of MNL48 doing original songs?

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by roze_street, Oct 9, 2018.

?

Do you think MNL48 will have original songs in the future?

1. Yes, I can feel it!

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Nah, AKS won't allow it

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Maybe

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

I was doing some reading about SNH48 and what happened with the break up with AKS. So they wanted to break free from being a 48G cover group and wanted to expand which they did but AKS deemed they breached the contract. I'm new to 48G fandom by the way so yeah just humor me with these thoughts.

Anyway with MNL48 being interpreters for Himig Handog, I am really curious if this is the start of 'originality' of overseas48 groups? Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I can tell, JKT and BNK have been doing covers so far and I don't know if they have sang or performed songs that are not from AKB48. If they have, let me know.

From what I can tell (not much really but still...) HHE has a good relationship with AKS so I'm curious if they are negotiating for orginal songs? Not now but in the near or distant future lol.

Of course since MNL48 is just starting, I think we all agree that we want them to still cover more AKB48 songs, I mean the content is massive so they have all the selections they can get. But I'm just really wondering if original songs are in talks somehow.

What do you think? Do you think it's about time for overseas 48 groups to have original songs?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. erukruu

erukruu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    I think they (AKS) will allow MNL48 if it will undergo "proper" procedure / consultation (?)

JKT48 Introduces First Original Song “Lantang!”

"The making of the song has not been an easy task, as aside from creating the lyrics and arrangements of the song, it also had to be approved by the management of the 48 groups in Japan."

"Melody, a member of JKT48’s first generation who has graduated in early 2018 and now acts as the idol group’s General Manager, has stated that other than “Lantang!”, the group is also preparing to release another original song created by Alam Urbach, a top Indonesian songwriter who has created a number of hit Indonesian songs."

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. CDXVII

CDXVII Kenkyuusei

Anything is definitely possible. One thing I'm hoping for is a "Japanese Version" of the hypothetical original song(s). It would definitely make OPM more mainstream. They can also have "Anak" (classic Filipino song that was also popular in Japan) as a b-side. ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Highly unlikely unless JKT and BNK got an original songs too. However, as we can see none of them got one even JKT that has been around for 7 years. Even JKT orginal song "Lantang" is listed as JKT48 accoustic release rather than the group main songs. So I think if MNL want to have original songs they could create a sub unit and release the song for that subunit

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Heya~ I think the reason SNH got kicked out wasn't because they had original songs, but because they set up other sister groups in China without the permission of AKS.
    As a fellow SEA48 fan, I hope we all get original songs! It's completely fine if it's written by a local staff, maybe that's even better as they can adjust it to local taste.
    A 'rival' group in Thailand set up by Yoshimoto does this - they have local Thai songwriters write a song, then they send it over to Japan for the sound engineers to 'J-Popify' it, which I think is great.

Cheers, love and support for MNL from a BNK fan. <3

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    as an Ex-SNH fan their breach of contract is in regards to making a new sister group without AKS consent... and even the time SNH makes a new released of songs it's either a gaming OST or a drama or a SINGLE perhaps it's agreed by the AKS management as i read of one of the news blog in the ith SNH thread (*but i forgot the link sorry) probably HHE knows about it and they're heavily consults AKS about it.. :)

the 3 main reasons that they not have got an original song of that is one coordination to our mother group , two songwriters in-house & Management's risk and it's not possible... the subunits will work but it also possible that MNL makes original single in the near future but not as early as 4 yrs..

i'm agree on your post ... somehow it's little bit to early to talk about their original song but i'm happy that MNL having a collab song today.......

7. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Just pinging this thread since MNL already released an original song last December!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Still hoping for the b-side song of dalawang pag-ibig n'ya

By the way it's #hashlove and it got MV too