1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[CONCERT] - [AKB48 in Washington, DC] '12/03/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 13, 2012.

1. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    [​IMG]

Members of AKB48 will be performing in Washington, DC on Tuesday, March 27th, as part of the annual "National Cherry Blossom Festival".
    Each year, the festival commemorates the 1912 gift of 3,000 cherry trees from Mayor Yukio Ozaki of Tokyo to the city of Washington, DC. This year marks its 100th anniversary.

• Venue: Lincoln Theatre
      Time: 4 pm / 7:30 pm
      Confirmed attending: Kuramochi Asuka, Takajo Aki, Takahashi Minami (Team A), Umeda Ayaka, Fujie Reina, Matsui Sakiko, Minegishi Minami, Miyazawa Sae (Team K), Suzuki Shihori (Team B), Abe Maria, Ichikawa Miori, Iriyama Anna, Kawaei Rina, Takahashi Juri (Team 4), Kojima Natsuki, Hirata Rina (Team KKS)
    [vimeo]http://vimeo.com/39577793[/vimeo]

# Official Blog entry
    # News article @ Washington Post
    # 2012 National Cherry Blossom Festival Official Website
    # Tickets available at Eventbrite.

Stagers present: 55Cyanides, AKB48zcd, chiyuki, cisumechan, Des_LAW, flagator21, GenkiKoala, ithebigc, Japanime_1, jaruhi, Jet Ready Go, jinxuanatxi, Jman.HKojima.fan, joe.48, karles48, kenziekinz, lionheartedvalor, maki2589, makistar, meeshe, Miitan, Muse, niito, Okashii, piggypa, rafaela80, Raiden, Rena_012, ripete, shadowgram, Super_Luigi, toddvanzetti, Tomokazu, twopointslow, UltidarkTiablo

2. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

Re: [CONCERT] - [AKB48 in Washington, D.C.] '12/03/27

so jealous of the people in DC, I will be in NYC just a few days before D: well... I least I can be happy with a live stream :)

3. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Re: [CONCERT] - [AKB48 in Washington, D.C.] '12/03/27

I'm in California and I'm thinking of going. :fp:

But thanks for the heads up, AKS! /sarcasm It's not like it's only 2 weeks before the event or anything. Why announce so late? T_T Now I gotta figure out money, place to stay, how to get there, etc, if, and that's a big IF, I can go.

4. Okashii

Okashii Kenkyuusei

I'm only 2 hours from DC, so I'll definitely be there. [party]
    But I sold my car today, so I'll have to find an alternative way to get to DC.

And I also agree it's kind of short notice. I'm sure if they announced a month or 2 in advance, more people from farther away could have made it.

5. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

I just hope it doesn't turns out as a trolling from the washington post, has akb confirmed in a blog or somewhere else?

6. IANF826

IANF826 Kenkyuusei

Was thinking about going and then I saw the prices for flights to the D.C. area. Pass...too much money for me to spend at the moment.

So for those who are going. We want all the details and photos you can give. Everything will be greatly appreciated of course.

7. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

If I can get a hold of event tickets, I'll be there! [rock]

8. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Fawk! I got a text message from flagator just as I left work.

I'm so planning on going. I just need details and whatnot.

9. Super_Luigi

Super_Luigi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I'm thinking about going... I really want to go... But two weeks notice is so cruel D: Not to mention the lack of solid details. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for any and all new information, and in the meantime trying to see what this will cost me.

10. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Full list of members is out.

Hillary in Washington. That was too obvious. :fp:

11. gideon123

Gugh, I just looked at the line-up. No Yuko, haha!

Now I'm wondering if I should go. :p

12. IANF826

IANF826 Kenkyuusei

I read the Washington Post article and this particular bit caught my eye. Should I be reading it with my AKB48 loving heart and hope they make a few more stops in the US or should I just take it with a grain of salt and consider AKB48 in America one and done for 2012?

"It’s the group’s first trip to D.C., part of a tour to thank Americans for their support during the 2011 Japanese earthquake."

13. meeshe

meeshe Kenkyuusei

I can't find it on Eventbrite yet. I may die from anticipation D: Better grab some caffeine, this may take all night.

14. gideon123

Can't find it either.

Fawk! I need to make plans fast!

EDIT: Never mind. It's on a workday. :fp:

15. IANF826

IANF826 Kenkyuusei

gideon, you have to go. Who else is going to stand up on the seat and yell out the encore.

16. gideon123

LOL, I'll have to see what I can do about PTO for that day.

Like I said, it's a workday. :p

17. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Can't make it since I am leaving for Tokyo the next day.

I so glad none of my favorites are going. I would be seriously bummed if they were.

18. Super_Luigi

Super_Luigi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Aw, no Tomochin... But my #2 (Miichan) will be there, so I'm still pumped to go to this.

19. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    I probably shouldn't link to ebi, but can you update the list in the OP? Thanks!
    And is Hillary that one kenkyuusei who can speak perfect English? :D

Otherwise, I don't care too much for the lineup. There's definitely members I like there, foremost being Takamina and Akicha, but without the presence of Acchan, Mayuyu, Yui, or Paruru I can't get myself hyped as much.

I read that too, so I'm hoping they don't just stop at Washington, DC and have several destinations throughout the year. Something within driving distance from California please. Time to pray to God [angel]

Be like flagator and ask for the day off :fear:

20. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I will be there, assuming I can get a ticket. It's only a short train ride from my house. The theater holds 1200 but I hope a lot of people don't reserve free tickets and then not show up.