1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[CONCERT] - [AKB48 in Washington, DC] '12/03/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Super_Luigi

Super_Luigi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    ^I believe that's one method of making things ugly in a hurry :^^;:

2. joe.48

joe.48 Kenkyuusei

So is it def. general admission? Im still confused about how we will be seated

3. flagator21

flagator21 Member

I would say it would create problems.. it's common courtesy to line up behind who is already in line. It could very well get someone sent to the back of the line if they are found cutting spots.. so I wouldn't do it.

In NY, the way they did things where if you got a ticket you could pick a guest to go with you.. many fans joined up this way. So if one of the two was further ahead in line, the one who was with that person joined them.

Then there were stories of people cutting in line during L.A. events, but I wasn't there so I can't comment on any of that.

Hopefully, things go smoothly in D.C... We're going there to have a good time and give our girls a great welcome. Let's keep the peace everybody! Give them a reason to visit more often!! [clap]

4. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Yes, that's hardly surprising. I hoped that all the members of S48 attending would sit together, but I guess it's too difficult, unless the 'guest' option is allowed...

5. hanahorizon

hanahorizon Kenkyuusei

How do I get tickets to this event? or do I just show up and see if they let me in? I really wanna go so please anyone let me know.

6. karles48

You should get the tickets here...
    http://j-pop-concert-akb48-esearch.even ... om/?srnk=1
    ...but they are currently sold out, so you will only be able to add you to the waitlist (however, new tickets seem to be available from time to time so you'd better try it...)

7. hanahorizon

hanahorizon Kenkyuusei

thanks for the information. sucks I fund out about this event a little late. do you know how much the tickets are?

8. karles48

They are free, but you need to request them.

9. rini_ribbon

rini_ribbon Kenkyuusei

As of now, I have one extra ticket for each show. However, I don't know how long it'll last. If you're interested, I'd be more than happy to let you use it.

Edit: Never mind...
    I hope you're able to get some!

10. Raiden

Raiden Kenkyuusei

Hmm, our schedules kind of match, except you're from SoCal. I'm staying at a hostel though, not a hotel. I'm flying out from Sacramento Int'l Saturday night and arriving Sunday morning at 8am. I haven't booked a return flight yet thought. Flying back Wednesday morning is really cheap, but I really want to stay through Wednesday to 1. give me a day to actually sightsee, 2. in case the girls stick around and do something else in D.C. that day, 3. Leave open the option of seeing them off if they leave Wed morning.

Give Kayak.com a try. You can mark all nearby airports to fly into/out of. Flying Sunday is a lot more expensive, but most hostels are booked Saturday night.

11. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I have a feeling I'll be sitting all the way in the back :fear: I should steal borrow my bro's binoculars just in case [wonder]

12. newAKB48fanboy

newAKB48fanboy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakadakana
    I wonder what songs they'll sing (apart from the obvious sakura song(s)

13. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    So popular even in the US it had a hard time dealing with the AKB48 matter...

14. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

I agree with the making a specific thread idea...so people who are going can have more details on gatherings or airport pickups... :D

Personally I would want to do the airport pick up thing, but still struggling in deciding which airport I should go to...... [sweat]

So if we can have a thread to discuss these information, at least we can form groups to go, and we can also have discuss how/when to meet up

btw...have anyone thought of waiting near the area of the elementary school that they are visiting (of course not too close to disturb the school, but like...somewhere near the school...to see them coming in and out...maybe? LOL)

15. Raiden

Raiden Kenkyuusei

I find it a bit surprising that they aren't on the National Cherry Blossom Festival's official website. =\

Let's see, there's no way they're leaving without doing some sightseeing. We know they're visiting an elementary school on Monday, which could mean the rest of Monday is sightseeing time. I'd bet my house that they'll drop by Tidal Basin at least. That's the whole point of the festival is the cherry blossoms. There's about 3300 of them circling the basin and in East Potomac Park.

[​IMG]
    http://www.nationalcherryblossomfestiva ... walk-bike/

They are suppose to hit peak bloom between the 24th and 31st. While they're there, they may hit up the nearby monuments, memorials and maybe the Smithsonian, check out the White House, etc... Which is actually what those of us who have time there should be doing. I know I will. If I'm gonna fly 2500 miles, might as well make a vacation of it and enjoy the festival too.

16. Raiden

Raiden Kenkyuusei

The thought has crossed my mind, like waiting across the street with signs. But there's just something really creepy about camping an elementary school. =D

17. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

I think camping out near the elementary school is probably going a bit overboard. Like Raiden said, its possible that one could catch them sightseeing.

18. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

The idea about the sightseeing crossed my mind too...LOL...but I'm just not sure about the time as well...what time they would be visiting the school and then to do the sightseeing.....

For the elementary school..i was thinking that if we wait with signs..for sure it will be kinda..too obvious..but if we just wait and then hold up signs when we see them coming out...maybe it'll be better? (btw..i saw on washington post the name of the elementary school they are visiting, and it's in the downtown area too...)

So my friends and I were thinking that we will basically use the day of 26th to sightsee/waiting/trying to hunt for the members...LOL!!!

19. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Stalking people at an elementary school in D.C. is possibly the worst idea I have ever heard.

20. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

sorry.... :cry: ....i guess it is really a bad idea as it will disturb the children and the other people...T^T...please ignore this idea....really sorry to mention it...T^T