[CONCERT] - [AKB48 in Washington, DC] '12/03/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 13, 2012.

1. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

See you on Tuesday HIDE! Judging by your picture, are you a Reinyan oshi?

2. kenziekinz

kenziekinz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Hi everyone!

I was on the waitlist and was able to get tickets to both shows. I may only be able to make the 7:30 one though because of class :(

I'm a total AKB newbie so any concert tips will be greatly appreciated lol.

3. flamewave

flamewave Kenkyuusei

watch the concerts itself =] and learn how to mix!

4. flamewave

flamewave Kenkyuusei

Does anyone know how long the concert is gonna be? 1 hour? 1.5?

5. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

^ I'm assuming 1.5 hours since the second show starts at half hour. 2 hours between the two shows is enough downtime, right?

melos posted his guide earlier in the thread here.
    http://melosnomichi.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... ts-20.html
    This site might also be helpful.
    http://supermerlion.com/akb48-cheer-guide-singles/

6. kenziekinz

kenziekinz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Thanks :) I live in the area so if anyone is staying for a few days and wants to know what to do in/around DC let me know.

I'm excited, but kind of nervous about the mixing. I"ll probably mess up and start yelling Korean fanchants :fp:

7. flagator21

flagator21 Member

^
    Just follow everyone else's lead and go with the flow.. you'll be fine [nod]

8. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

I wonder if we'll be able to give presents to the staff and ask them to help us give it to the girls..... [think]

9. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Kenkyuusei

Since I seem to be very much out of the loop when it comes to AKB performances, I was wondering where you guys find out about when and where the girls will be, for example the concert they are singing in on the 25th. How do you find out about this? Do they announce these on their blog or is there a schedule somewhere? Just wondering.

10. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

11. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

one way is that you can see from their offical blog/website, http://www.akb48.co.jp/information/events.php
    from there, it says that there is the SSA concert from March 23 to March 25, and the concert on the 25th starts at 5pm. You can also check out members' blogs as they will mention their schedule sometimes. As for visiting the elementary school in DC, it did mention from the Washington Post as well as the Japan newspaper that they will be visiting on the 26th. so yea, basically just grabbing pieces of information from everywhere and putting them back together to assume their schedules...XDD

12. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

It would be worth a try to email them asking for arrival information, anyone willing to do so? I can't seem to find their email address...... :cry:

13. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Alternatively, both versions of Give Me Five! had tutorial videos on the DVDs teaching you how to mix. Even if you can't understand the Japanese instructor, the karaoke like subs should be good practice for you. At the very least, you'll know the basics from them, so go pop in the DVD you got when you bought the single. :approve: And don't worry about not being able to mix, I'd say that most people aren't able to [hehe] Just have fun, be energetic and you'll be fine.

What would you recommend to see in the area? I'm definitely going to see the sakura trees but any other must-dos?

It's here at the About Us section: http://www.us.emb-japan.go.jp/english/h ... _index.htm

I don't think the embassy would be as willing to disclose information, though like you said it's worth a try. Maybe I should try tweeting Togasaki, but I don't think he'd very much like to give us info either...would he? I mean, in some ways it seems a bit stalkerish. I know we all have good intentions here in giving them a warm welcome to America, but I'm sure management is always thinking about those crazy fans that ruin it for all of us.

14. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

well, it's worth a try as well to tweet togasaki. Although it does seem a bit stalkerish, but i think it's normal for him. I mean, when you see the news about AKB going to Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, you always see news about lots of fans waiting for them at the airport. So i'm sure they would find it normal for fans wanting to know when would they arrive. Although they find it as a normal thing, but I doubt they will disclose any information...LOL....I think all those fans from Asia figured it out themselves the time that the members arrive at the airport. But eitherway, it is worth a try to tweet Togasaki and give it a shot...XDD

15. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    It's probably more about the fans/stalkers in Japan. If you've ever seen videos of them going on a trip, they sort of straggle in a few at a time and wait in the lobby until the staff hands out the tickets, makes sure they have passports etc... Imagine if the fans knew when AKB members were gonna be hanging out in public. I doubt the airport would appreciate a mob scene.

16. Raiden

Raiden Kenkyuusei

AKB48 on page C18 of the Official Cherry Blossom Festival Guide in The Washington Examiner. Very cool. Guide is very useful for those planning to stay extra days too.

http://ow.ly/9NcE3

You can DL it in PDF format too by clicking on "Menu."

There's also a festival app for those of you with smartphones.

17. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand
    This isn't a guide, just a post to give kenziekinz some tips for when he goes to the concert so he can get the full experience. If you want to see more indepth about Wotagei, do check out Melos's guide.

If you want to learn how to mix, this video is really good.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llBnXz3iAzo[/yt]

(That's assuming you can read Hiragana) If you can't then heres the basic chants in romaji. (The bold letters indicate that you should emphasize that section of the word)

Chant 1 (Mainly used as a opening chant): Aaaa yoshaa ikuzoo... Tiger! Fire! Siber! Fiber! Diver! Baiber! Jya Jya!

But it's pronounced like this: Aaa Yosha Ikuzoo! Tie-ger! Fye-yer! Sye-ber! Fye-ber! Dye-ber! Bye-ber! Jya Jya!

Second mix (Usually used in the second instrumental, in this instance it's used after the first chant. Without the introduction section [Intro section is: Aaaa, Mo-iccho-ikuzoo]): Tora - Hi - Jinzo - Sen i - Ama - Shindo - Kasen - Tobi - Jyoukyou

Pronounced like this: Tow-rah - He - Jen-zou - Sen-e - Amar - Shin-dor - Karsen - To-bi - Jyou-kyou
    Please note that "Kasen-Tobi-Jyoukyou" is pronounced at a fast pace compared to the rest of the mix. and also don't get "Jinzo" and "Shindo" mixed up, it's very easy to get it mixed up so practice.

The third mix is rarely ever used, and to be honest you really don't even need to remember it cause it's hardly ever used as it's only used when theres a third instrumental which is long enough. (Oh, this is from Ainu-language and the intro is same as above "AAAA Yoshaa Ikuzoo!"): Chape - Ape - Kara - Kira - Rara - Tousuke - Myahotousuke

Pronounced like this: Char-peh - A-peh - Kar-ra - Key-ra - Rar-rar - Tow-su-keh - Meyow-hor-tor-su-keh
    Once again, this Ainu language mix is hardly ever used so if you don't remember it, don't worry cause 80% of the people there probably won't know it either. Oh, and the last two words are pronounced at a faster rate then the rest of the Ainu-chant. (Just like all other chants, the last "parts" are usually pronounced faster.

Something very important to remember is that for slow songs or random solo's, chants are almost never used. Mix's are only mainly used for songs which are on a single. Or "popular" songs.

Now from time to time the wota's may shout out random stuff which you absolutely have no idea what they're saying. This can either be:

"Hai, hai..."
    "*Name of favourite member... Must be 3 syllables*"
    "Repitition of words which they sing, e.g in that above video "Da-i-su-ki" is a example"
    "OGS NOT "48""

There may be other stuff I forgot to mention but that's about it. Make sure if you're interested in using mix's learn the mix, and don't try "mix" with the crowd and forcefully shout out a chant. You'll just look like an idiot, so don't embarrass yourself if you haven't learnt a chant properly. :D

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUnAN5raxo8[/yt]

Heres a video of wota-gei being performed at a wedding to the wota-popular song "Sakuranbo"
    Not sure if you've seen that AKBingo episode with Sashii dancing, but this is the routine she dances to. :D

So there you have it, hope I helped. Mix's are definately worth learning though, it may take a bit to get the pronunciation right, but once you've nailed it you can sing along to almost any AKB song on your iPod. :D

EDIT: I was emailed about this post being similar to Melos's wota guide, it was purely unintentional and was just a coincidence. But I just read his guide now, and it does too sound a little familiar. So do check out his guide, it's definitely worded much better than mine and goes more into detail.

Melos's Wotagei Guide

Once again, sorry Melos for it sounding similar to yours. Twas completely a coincidence, just shoot me a PM if something like this happens again. No hard feelings? :^^;:

18. boardgamegeek

boardgamegeek Kenkyuusei

watching the encore for 2009 Webster Hall.....we definitely need to learn the mix.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh7dBSJ2Qco [/yt]

19. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Yes, it's understandable. However, maybe if someone told them that we are from this forum (I think it was Tatami Mats who said that they already know about us) and even added a link to this thread to show them that there are a lot of people going, they would tell us... [think]

20. HIDE AKB

HIDE AKB Kenkyuusei

It is Atsuko Maeda to like the first

敦ちゃん is a very very important person for me :inlove:

1推し(神推し):前田敦子

2推し:渡辺麻友、入山杏奈、
    3推し:藤江れいな、峯岸みなみ、岩佐美咲

which member do you like?