[CONCERT] - [AKB48 in Washington, DC] '12/03/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 13, 2012.

1. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Going to be interesting how AKB48 is headed to the DC - especialy for DC sakura's 100th anniversary...

2. rini_ribbon

rini_ribbon Kenkyuusei

DARN. I missed them. ; A ;
    Is there any chance they will be reposted again?

3. Raiden

Raiden Kenkyuusei

Tickets do say they're sold out now. Took about 4 and a half hours.

Anyway, add yourself to the waitlist if you haven't already, there's still a chance.

4. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Gratz to everyone who got tickets!

My biggest fear was that the event would not sell out. Thankfully that won't be the case!

Hopefully this will convince Aki-P that a US mini-tour has potential.

(and maybe build an AKB48 theater and cafe in San Francisco) [rock]

5. joe.48

joe.48 Kenkyuusei

Im driving from CT ..where in NY do you live? shoot me a pm

6. ketchupsic

ketchupsic Kenkyuusei

Hey, I live in NYC as well! What school do you go to?

7. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

As of right now, due to circumstances (no money for ride to and from, no money for place to stay, and having no ticket to either show), I am CURRENTLY not going. However, I will still put my best effort out to those who are.

I will ask around in other forums I'm part of to see if anybody needs to find a person to stay with for a hotel room. Keep the love coming guys.

8. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Ah, too bad 55Cyanides. Save up your pennies for Berryz Kobou this summer!

9. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

Ugh don't remind me about that either. Unless I hit California Gold sometime soon, I don't think I'll be able to do any traveling this year.

I think my best bet is to perhaps volunteer as a staff member, where my patience and burning spirit will be tested :angry:

10. newAKB48fanboy

newAKB48fanboy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakadakana
    *sigh* I had to work today & no chance of me getting them in time :(

but hoping on this waiting list seems frustrating. I also live in NY & it's only just a bus trip to DC & I'm there.

11. theidolcyborg

theidolcyborg Kenkyuusei

I wanted to go but I have school that day and plus my spring break starts the week after this concert

12. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Let's take a poll. Who is taking Megabus from NY to DC?

Btw, if anyone is thinking of taking Megabus, better get the ticket now, the closer to departure date, the higher the fare. Yesterday was $24 round trip, today is $30 [boom]

13. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

I'm not sure yet if I can!! T∆T Which means high ticket price which lessens the chance. >.<

I really gotta check with my professors... =/ Screw college I wanna see AKB!!!

But of course I actually only have $19 on me anyway, umm I'm poor.

I could ask for more cash from my parents but... >.<

Well I guess that's not a bad idea anyway since you never know when I'll need something. =P

14. newAKB48fanboy

newAKB48fanboy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakadakana
    the 27th is Tuesday. I work on Tuesdays :(
    but even if I can't see them :cry: I can still stalk them at the airport [party]

15. Super_Luigi

Super_Luigi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    If anyone needs a place to sleep after the concert, I'm gonna be staying at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City which is a metro ride away, and could use a couple of roommates to help lower the cost (even though the room rate is already pretty good). If this interests you, PM me for more info :)

EDIT: should have mentioned that it's a 2 double bed room.

16. Raiden

Raiden Kenkyuusei

EDIT: Event page on ticket site seems to be unavailable right now so, not sure if this all still applies.

Incoming long post:

If you want a ticket or know someone who does, or were one of those people who Waitlisted before tickets actually went on sale, you might want to read this.

I apologize for it being lengthy, but it's a chance to still get tickets you many not know about.

So, there was about a 4-hour period when the ticket page first popped up on Eventbrite where you could Waitlist for but not actually buy tickets. (This could've been accidental.) Then the page became password protected for a couple of hours before they finally actually put tickets up for sale. At that time, people who happened to get on the Waitlist earlier received an e-mail with a link where you can claim a ticket for each show.

If you were one of these people, and you didn't click the link in the e-mail to buy your ticket (maybe instead you went straight to the Eventbrite page), that link in your e-mail probably still works! This is because since you came off the Waitlist, the system holds a ticket from the ticket pool for you for a set time (Eventbrite default is 24-hours), giving you the chance to buy it through a special link in the e-mail.

In my case, I Waitlisted 3 times during that early period (I just wanted to make sure it had gone through). So I actually got 3 e-mails, claimed 1 set, and still have 2 e-mails active with tickets on hold.

Now if they didn't change the default time to expire, those 2 link will expire about 11 hours from now. From there they probably get to be release to others on the Waitlist or just returned to the pool and sold on the website, I'm not 100% sure on exact details of their system.

Now I'm not sure what exactly happens if you give out said e-mail link to someone else who needs a ticket. It could still be tied to your name somehow which is what I'm worried about. I'm thinking worst case you might need to be there with them to get in, or the nightmare case would be they somehow come to you and say you bought too many tickets. I don't think either is very likely actually. So if you have an active link and a friend who wants to go, you can try it pretty risk free.

And I'll leave it at that. Good luck folks!

EDIT: From what I read, the Waitlist tickets might not even draw from the ticket pool, but are counted separately. I have no idea actually. I'm not an expert on this system.

17. Sorceress628

Sorceress628 Kenkyuusei

AKB48 is coming to the US again....

and I can't go... :angry: :angry: :angry:

Please for all those fans who can attend, send AKB our love and adoration!

18. Lily Mu RB

Lily Mu RB Kenkyuusei

Okay, so for all of you that are going, and are staying in hostels to cover costs, I'd be more than willing to share a room with you guys to drop down the cost.

I'm pretty much gonna plan it all out tomorrow, so send me a PM if you need someone else in your team or wanna create a new type of team to help cover hostel costs :D

19. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

for people who are going...have anyone thought about going to the airport for a chance of seeing the members arriving??

20. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

According to the Post article linked in the first post, the angels of AKB48 will be at a grade school on the 26th.

My flight does not get in until 1am on the 27th. So, I will not be waiting at the airport for them.

I plan to do a hotel, as I am a light sleeper and want more privacy that most hostels offer. I am more than willing to share space & costs. (Unless you have snoring disorder. I once shared a room with 6 people at a convention and one snored so loud no one else could sleep. I woke him up at 4am and politely told him he had half the night for sleep, now he had to leave and let the rest of us sleep the remainder of the night.)

I am planning on talking to my travel agent about getting a room for the night of 26 to 27. If anyone has one for that night to share, pm me soon.

If I can get a really late flight back for the night of 27-28 I will leave. Otherwise I will stay a second night, and may have space to share. I will message here once I know the details of my travel plans.