1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[CONCERT] - [AKB48 in Washington, DC] '12/03/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 13, 2012.

1. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Kenkyuusei

I waitlisted as well for two different emails, but ordered my tickets direct though the site, so my 2 extras should pop up in the morning I would think.

I got 2 tickets for each show so my friend and I can go twice. We're planning to head out via plane on the 24th so we can enjoy a few days of the Cherry Blossom Festival as well. I'm glad the tickets are free because the airfare and hotel are gonna put a serious dent in my checkbook. I'm really hoping that we can exchange our voucher in advance, at the theater for tickets. I'm going to be there a few days before and could potentially get a good seat if it works like that. I don't want to think of having to spend a whole day in D.C. camping at the theater.

At any rate, I GOT MY TICKETS AND I'M GOING!!! This is my first AKB48 concert ever. Never even seen a theater performance. Save a seat up front for this guy please.

Anyone know if there will be a handshaking event afterward? Do they usually do that?

2. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Congrats.

When they came to the US previously, the handshake/autograph sessions were done in conjunction with the comic cons they were the guests of. I haven't heard anything about something of that sort at this festival. It would be nice but I'm not counting on it.

3. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand
    Dang, I keep getting the "This event is not available" :(

Ah, oh well. maybe another time, :D

4. Raiden

Raiden Kenkyuusei

They'd have to be arriving either Sunday night or Monday morning, after SSA, but sometime before school hours end Monday. I believe a non-stop flight from Japan to Washington is about 12 hours. With the -13-hour time difference, they'll pretty much land at the same time they left.

I'd like to do a big airport greeting for once, but it doesn't sound like people will be in town that early.

5. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

Successfully got my tickets yesterday after running out of class. Im so excited, I cant wait for this concert! Generally, when would people start queueing if they wanted front row seats?

6. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Kenkyuusei

I'll be there. That would be so cool to see them when they arrive at the airport.

7. ripete

ripete Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Would love to see them arriving and my hotel is right next to Reagan Airport, but I'm pretty sure they will fly into Dulles. Hope somebody greets them tho.

8. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    We don't know how the seats will be assigned at this point. They may start handing them out when the theater box office opens, they may let us in to choose our own seats using the email we were sent. It could be like a show I went to at NHK Hall where you bring your invitation and they "randomly" seat you when you get there. I guess someone needs to call them and find out if they know anything.

9. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I can't attend those concerts, but I hope this is a good sign and they come again to Europe soon...

10. Japanime_1

Japanime_1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Hey guys, any extra tickets you or anybody you know are willing to part with? Just one would be more than enough. If you do, please PM me asap. Thank you. >_____<

NEVER MIND. PRAYING PULLED OFF AND I GOT A TICKET FOR BOTH SHOWS. m(_ _)m

My heart can't take it omg. :cute:

11. Kanki

Kanki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    imnikky
    T___T Of course my oshimen is going and of course these go on sale when I my butt was getting kicked in the last stretch of nursing fundamentals.

I'm on break until April 2nd, so if ANYONE can spare or knows anyone with 2 tickets to spare (I will pay for them depending on the price), please send me a PM ;____;

12. piggypa

piggypa Kenkyuusei

It'll be great if we can organize a group to do a big airport greeting. My friends and I should be arriving early in town, but then how would we know which airport they will be at?

13. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Kenkyuusei

Exactly my thoughts. I'd love to do this too.

14. Raiden

Raiden Kenkyuusei

Just saw this on Twitter.

From the official National Cherry Blossom Festival twitter account:

15. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

XD Popular, that's nothing new for AKB. LOL

Nice to see they seem to have some left though~!!

16. girlwatcher1983

girlwatcher1983 Kenkyuusei

Oh no. Why am I am I always the last person to find out about these events?

Most likely airport is Washington Dulles International Airport (airport code IAD) is located in Chantilly, VA. Because it the closest with a daily direct fights from Narita, Japan (airport code NRD).

ETA would be 10:40am for ANA 2 or 3:51pm for United 804 for all 7 days a week.

This really is a tough call because it at the last moment.

17. rini_ribbon

rini_ribbon Kenkyuusei

18. 55Cyanides

55Cyanides Kenkyuusei

Not making anybody excited or anything, I ordered a ticket for each show. I'm doing this, just in case I find some money. However, I will do the honorable thing and cancel if I can't within 4-5 days. Wish me luck

19. newAKB48fanboy

newAKB48fanboy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakadakana
    Is anybody from NY going? I don't want to get lost & was wondering if I could tag along with like a group or something that's going. please pm me (I'll pay for my stuff & cash in on what is necessary.)

20. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

I am arriving at DCA, Reagan International Airport at about 11pm on the 26th.

I have a hotel room for the 26th & 27th right, though I am considering dropping the 27th and just making a crazy late night of it as I leave from BWI on the 28th.

My hotel is close to DCA, but will take a cab ride. Room has 2 double beds. PM me if you are interested in joining me. I will only charge 1/4 of my daily price per person, $31 per night, regardless if we fill up to 4. Unless you want to exclude others, then we can negotiate. We can pm the details, but it might be easiest to meet up at DCA when I get in and take a cab to the hotel together.

PM me if interested. The hotel is short cab ride to metro line and the Lincoln is right off the yellow line.