1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Could HKT48 make a Foreign Sister group/team??

Discussion in 'General HKT48 Discussion' started by Toadell, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Toadell

Toadell Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yukirin, Zukki, Oochan
    To explain the cuestion:
    AKB48 has sister groups like JKT48 or BNK48. In the last case BNK48 has a local sister group.
    AKB48 also has sister group/Team? like AKB48 Team SH and Team TP.
    Could HKT48 do the same?
    'Cuz I believe having and HKT48 sister group, Team in Korea would be a super cool and good idea, It could have Sakura and Nako
    What are your thoughs?

2. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Just saying, these 2 are not Teams despite their names, but full foreign sister groups.
    Doubt AKS is willing to do so
    Is there any other city in Kyushu big enough for another sister group ? There also have to deal with STU48's presence, slightly at the north.
    There's also the need to find a sponsorship, it has become tougher this year for 48 groups in general.
    They expressed their wishes to come back to HKT48 after IZ*ONE though. And here one can wonder if the "new fans" who like Kpop Sakura and Nako would keep following them once they are back in the 48 universe ?
    The Produce scandal maybe taught AKS to think twice before associating with a Korean company.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Toadell

Toadell Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yukirin, Zukki, Oochan
    I actually got a little confused by the name, cuz it's kinda misleading...team something, Following AKB48 for years I have seen the Team word used almost for anything, so I always have the doubt.

Really interesting answer, I'm actually staying in seoul till next week and I've seen the craze for Iz*one here, so I really wondered, though sure, given all stuff surrounding AKS it would be hard to find an sponsor for such a project.
    For the partnership with a korean agency, I believe it's time for AKS to put the korean brach to work.

4. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    If AKB48 makes a sister group, that makes it HKT48's sister group as well (you know, just how it would walk with real families). AKB48 is just the head office. So if they made a new group in Korea, it would be both AKB48's and HKT48's sister group at the same time, but would be known as part of the "AKB48 group" as this is the brand they are working with.

But yeah, I think if 48 group were to make new sister groups in Japan, it wouldn't be in the Kyushu area in my opinion. It's already over-satured with HKT and STU, which seem to be quite easy to win (theater etc.) than their sister groups up north in Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka. I think if they were to create more sister groups in Japan, Sendai or Sapporo would be more likely as next targets, but I still doubt it will happen anytime soon due to AKB's problems in the past year.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

It's actually possible. The catch is, it remind me (not sure if ppl forget it already) with SNH breakup. 2 sister group expansion back then, I reckon?

So in doing so, HKT might inevitably have to breakup as well and become independent from JP48 franchise with it's pro and con. For starter, that means its not AKS that have to work, but whatever management HKT has at the time that have to look for a chance in, as you said, Korea without using 48G network.

• Winner Winner x 1