1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Dark AKB48G Songs

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 24, 2014.

1. momo

momo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    "Desires and honesty
    Let’s strip it all off of us
    We won’t hide anything anymore
    Come over here…
    Completely nude
    I touch the sweat clinging to you" bruh

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

If we're considering overly sexual songs to be kind of dark, "Darashinai ai shikata" is definitely up there. While I was translating it I was like "um how should I even word this?" lol

The girl in the song seems to sleep around a lot, cut herself, and get into fights with people for little reason because she feels selfish and worthless. She's trapped in an unending, downward spiral of self-loathing and taking others for granted.
    At least, that's my interpretation.
    The PV imagery is pretty dark too iirc.

• Like Like x 3
  3. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    This is a fairly recent song, but I think Jugon wa Jugon by NMB48 (from Bokou e Kaere!) is a great song. I think it has a Halloween like sound to it, and it's also about cheating on someone.

I think one of the songs whose lyrics disturbed me the most was "Cousin" by Mayu when I first read the lyrics... :fear:

I just listened to and read all the lyrics to the songs mentioned in this thread and I'm really grateful. I really enjoyed that. Especially after the 2021 Member Request Hour, where the members also performed some of those long forgotten songs.

4. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    Reviving this thread because why not (and I'm bored). Some (not-so-)recent b-sides that I think are on the darker side:

1. NGT48 - Soft serve
    2. SKE48 - Jinsei no Mudazukai
    3. SKE48 Team KII - Dareka no Mimi
    4. NMB48 Team M - Masshoumen
    5. SKE48 - Ai no tame ni nani wo suteru?
    6. AKB48 Team K - Shuuden no Yoru

These songs are *relatively* dark, i.e., they are not really as dark as early 48G songs; darker 48G songs now tend to be more about how life can be dull, grim or frustrating at times rather than suicide or... teen prostitution. Ai no tame is an exception- it's a creepy love song with a haunting sound.

I'll probably update this post later with songs that haven't been mentioned before.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1