1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[DISCUSSION] Next Captain of Team S

Discussion in 'General SKE48 Discussion' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Aug 8, 2012.

?

Who should be the new captain of Team S?

1. Oya Masana

22 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. Kato Rumi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Kizaki Yuria

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  4. Kinoshita Yukiko

5 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. Kuwabara Mizuki

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  6. Suda Akari

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  7. Takeda Shiori

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Deguchi Aki

4 vote(s)
    3.9%
  9. Nakanishi Yuka

20 vote(s)
    19.4%
  10. Hiramatsu Kanako

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Matsui Jurina

15 vote(s)
    14.6%
  12. Matsui Rena

22 vote(s)
    21.4%
  13. Yagami Kumi

7 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I am torn between Yuka and Masanya, even though Masana is my fave SKE member. My only firsthand experience with their leadership skills was at Kuumin's 17th birthday where Oya led the festivities. She obviously cares about her teammates a great deal and definitely has the maturity do the job.

But I think Yuka would be great as well.

As for Jurina, she is an obvious leader. But given her history with exhaustion I wouldn't want to add another burden.

2. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I go with Yuka as well. :hmm:

3. Gaius_Baltar

Gaius_Baltar Kenkyuusei

I meditated, now I agree
    Jurina seems to recover, too much responsibility, it could make you sick
    Masana is a good choice, care of when I was little Jurina
    Masana, Jurina care of when she was little
    She can help protect Jurina

Ja~ne

4. oddball

oddball Member

Hmm pretty much thinking it has to be Masanya now, think she would be a popular choice with the girls first and foremost, plus I think she is popular enough to be a captain also.

5. kingtheking81

kingtheking81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishizukaakari
    I'd root for masana as well, but first we need a big shuffle like akb so the new leader can watch over a full team. Bit off topic , i really do hope with the new theater coming up and all the gaps in current teams, that a big shuffle is planned ahead. team S soo needs a new stage. A renewed fresh start for SKE would be great for a new team S leader.

6. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Yeah, we might have a few more SKE graduations that are coming. Mary said that she wanted to graduate for awhile, but had to wait. Which makes me wonder who else management is barring from graduating in order to space them out some what. (If there are any other girls that want to graduate SKE and move onto newer things, there may be none)

7. Kamen Knight

Kamen Knight Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Picking new captain after team shuffle huh? With many vacant places in SKE like this and how great their kenkyuuseis are, a big renovation in SKE48 sounds cool.. It will be interesting if that happen..

I still think Masana is the best choice btw

8. crunky12

crunky12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    Well it seems everyone on here is all for Masana as new captain, but we all know in the end we have no say and management will do as they please. It could possibly be someone you would never expect :fear:
    But I still think a team shuffle is in the works, all signs seem to be pointing that way. :fp:

9. oddball

oddball Member

Well considering how long it's been to actually promote anyone to this team I doubt we will hear about a captain for a while either........

10. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Still no Team S Captain announcement? Or just not updated in this thread?

I'm only half serious here but, how about KitaRie become full time SKE48 member and Captain of Team S?

11. mcrfreaker

mcrfreaker Kenkyuusei

not yet announced, maybe on their concert on april. Maybe. I don't know [notme]

is it okay to make KitaRie Capt since she is double team and AKB senbatsu too ?

12. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    ^ well my original thought was that Kitahara could leave her position in team K, then someone else with a double SKE/AKB position could become a fulltime AKB48 member but I didn't want to step on that landmine. [sealed]

13. obakechan

obakechan Kenkyuusei

I'm expecting the captain to be announced at Budoukan...but with so many members leaving there need to be kks promoted. I think there might be a team shuffle

14. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    I doubt they'd make Kitarie captain. Not only is she not full SKE, but she's also not as familiar with the group dynamic and not as well respected by fans. My bet is Masanya. She's not too "old", first generation, well respected, and is able to compose herself well. Other than her I'd say Katsuo but since she's graduating, Masanya seems to be the most likely. I sometimes think of Masanya as the Markio of SKE [hehe]

I keep seeing this idea go around. I hope you're not right about the shuffle but we never know. I also agree that there will be the naming of Team S captain/promotions at Budokan. Its actually really good timing, having the teams only be without the members for a week and a half until refilling them. I don't imagine they'd do so at Nippon Gaishi since it would kind of be a slap in the face to the graduates.

15. mcrfreaker

mcrfreaker Kenkyuusei

^

Haha i wonder why kitarie almost didn't get any respect from SKE Fans. She is not suitable at SKE maybe?

16. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    Do you mean me specifically or in general? Because personally I like Kitarie, she's one of my favorite AKB girls. I recognize her as a member of team S and part of SKE, but she's not "SKE" to me. She didn't audition for SKE and doesn't have the same history/emotional ties to the group that the other girls have. I think she likes SKE, but she doesn't have the love of the group that Rena, Mii, or other long time members have. And I think if you're going to pick a captain, you should pick someone who is very emotionally invested in the group, like a loyalty thing.

I think the gripe that most fans have (myself included) is that her inclusion in SKE is "too much too fast". People don't like seeing a brand new girl from a different group thrown into the front row, just look at how Jurina was (and still is) thought of by AKB-only fans. I think in general SKE fans are glad that it was Kitarie to come to SKE and not someone else though. She's a fun girl and can help in MCs possibly.

-----

Random thought but: Does anyone think Rena will be made captain? In AKB they made Mariko and Yuko (two very high profile members) captains in place of Takamina and Sayaka (who are popular of course but not as popular). A lot of people's first choice for captain is Masanya but she isn't nearly as popular as Rena. With graduation rumors around, they might want to "tie Rena down" a bit and keep her connected with SKE as long as possibly

17. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    ^ I don't know, Rena is clearly dedicated to her team, but she is considered to be an introvert outside of group activity and personally i like captains that will usually be around more, you know since Rena is usually busy with outside work. Although management could put her just for that.

18. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I'd love to see Nishishi as captain and that's who got my vote, but I don't really expect it to happen. I also think Masanya would do a great job, and Akisun would make a very interesting captain. :awesome: I'm not particularly picky though, at this point I'm just looking forward to someone being named.

I can actually see Rena getting it, too, maybe as a "keep her in the group" sort of maneuver like with Mariko. And like Mariko, she's equally busy, but they could both be captains in ~spirit~. :lol:

19. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I think Rena would still stay in SKE for a while and I feel that Masanya or Yuuka would graduate before her. It's not that age is a factor but I think Team S would need someone who is willing to stay and would actually go further so I think she's a good fit. She probably has good vibes with the other members and Jurina is that busy so I guess it had to be Rena for me.

20. obakechan

obakechan Kenkyuusei

I think it should be Rena. She's one of the top members but not given everything as fairly as Jurina, even though their popularity is fairly even and hers sometimes more. Jurina has the center so Rena should have the captain.

Also I saw people talking about her not being there all the time because of her popularity, but then Mariko and Yuko are hardly at their theater performances