DMM.com [LIVE!! ON DEMAND] - Monthly Subscriptions

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Nov 1, 2012.

1. obakechan

obakechan Kenkyuusei

I think it's monthly, and you have to pay for each group seperately

2. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    Ah, I thought that was the case. I might pick up a subscription, but I don't know which one yet. I want to subscribe to a good VPN service in the process, too.

3. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

With the new system
    1) Will downloadable versions still be placed in the regular threads?
    2) Is HRP still helping people set up accounts?
    3) What is up with tonight? Apparently the lod can only be accessed via phones and not computers... (If they fix this issue I may buy a subscription for Tomochin but...)

4. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    Just to confirm what obakechan said: It's a different subscription for each group. The subscription costs 3,000 yen and lasts for one month, after which you have to renew it.

I don't know. I have tried to get in contact with him repeatedly about this but with no success. However, you don't need his help anymore to get a subscription. Like Explorerdk said earlier, you can pay by Bitcash. This is a code (a sequence of 16 hiragana characters) that works in the same vein as PSN codes or iTunes codes. You just have to buy Bitcash and then use it to pay for the subscription at the DMM.com website. To buy the Bitcash I'm using the website recommended by Explorerdk, http://www.sutocorp.com/japanwebmoney/. They accept PayPal.

By the way if you are only interested in a single performance (for example, Tomochin's last performance), you should keep in mind that DMM.com also sells individual theater performances (I think they're about 800 yen each, but I'm not sure).

5. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    1) If you're talking about the LOD indexes, then yes. They're not really meant to be a one-way stop for watching the shows, but more of an archive. DMM only keeps shows from the last month, so anything older than 30 days isn't going to be publicly available anymore. That's where Youku comes in.

2) Technically, yes. I've been having issues with my PayPal account recently so that option is honestly a little inconvenient right now. I should have figured that out pretty soon though.
    For the moment, if you need a subscription really soon you could send me funds through Western Union, but that's going to cost a little more (transaction fee) on your end.

3) They're just having a little bit of technical dificulties. Should be no issue for future streaming. SKE/NMB is usually working just fine.

6. Explorerdk

Explorerdk Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Edited: Was said by DP :p

I will just add... that Im on my 2nd month of HKT48 LOD subscription, and the BitCash method does work fine for me :)

Regarding VPN... give VPNGate.net an try... they are free... and have nice good stable lines in Jap. and they are free.. :)

/Expdk

7. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

so I got up my subscription thanks to HRP and Explorerdk, thank you very much. however, I wanted to ask what kind of download speeds you have when downloading from DMM? I am connecting through VPNGate but downloading a 2GB LOD takes 12 hours with that. when I start the download and then disconnect the proxy again to download with my own connection it cancels the download due to a connection error. are your downloads as slow as mine or how do you deal with that?
    I am on Chrome and Windows btw.

8. Explorerdk

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I use VPNGate + Firefox + Firefox plugin - DownThemAll, which is an download accellerator, I set mine to max 200 kbps dl though, so I get stable connection all the way.

The VPNGate can at time be sketchy at times, but try and pick the Big lines 100mbps+ from Jap. that is usually the universities participating in this VPNGate project, just dont hog the line :)

I myself have put all of above, in an Virtual Machine (VMWare) and then i let it take of it self... it works most of the time, but I also run into the "Connection Error" once in a while.

/Exp

9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    What happen to the downloaded shows once your subscritption has ended ?
    Are they still watchable or blocked by the drm ?

10. obakechan

obakechan Kenkyuusei

I think they get blocked, not 100% sure

11. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

your account info is tied to the player, so I'm sure if your subscription runs out the player would detect it.

12. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    When my first HKT subscription expired, I found out that I could still play the videos for which I had downloaded the DRM info before. But there was a single video for which I didn't download the DRM info, and that one couldn't be played.

By the way, you can only watch the videos for one month after they're released, regardless of your subscription period. After one month the videos are locked. If you open the file on Windows Media Player, open its properties window and click on the Media Usage Rights tab, you'll see a message like "This file can be played until 18/08/2013".

13. dangalak

dangalak Kenkyuusei

Hi there,

I'm planning to take on your advise and buy bitcash from sutocorp. However, is it sufficient to furnish them with a scanned copy of utility bill (like phone bill) that has my name and address as proof? Do they need a photo too?

Appreciate your input on this, thanks.

14. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    ^ A utility bill should be enough. When I created an account with Sutocorp, I just sent them a scan of a letter I got from the company I bought my car from. The instruction email I got from them said that I could send them "a BILL or Letter from any institution which shows your Name and address on it."

It's also a good idea not to send a scan of an important document, like your driver's license. Even if they're honest people, that's not the kind of thing you want floating around...

15. dangalak

dangalak Kenkyuusei

Thanks, emailed them my utility bill and got the bitcash code. Great service and appreciate your help mate.

16. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Thanks to HRP and Explorerdk for the helpful guides. I used the Sutocorp bitcashex method to sign up for an AKB48 subscription. From the initial submission it took Sutocorp 9 hours to reply and then another 4 hours or so to send the code after emailing them a utility bill. From there, the sign up was just as HRP described.

I'm using the SoftEther VPN client manager and DownthemAll to save the downloads, WMP to view them and everything is running pretty smoothly so far.

17. Pixie

Pixie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
  18. Explorerdk

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Part 4 of the OP Guide, is the Convience Store method, that HRP uses, I do not know the status of this way, but if you look 4 posts up in on this page, you have an alternative "Step 4" with BitCashEX instead of SevenEleven method.

And I still have an HKT48 LOD Subscription currently, now with Live Streaned Shows... quite interesting :p

Kind regards,

Explorerdk

19. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    The system has gotten a little simpler since I first wrote the OP. I haven't updated the guide yet.
    It's possible to purchase DMM.com gift cards at convenience stores these days. They have a code on them just like iTunes gift cards, which makes it a bit easier than the option in the OP.

20. Rensel

Rensel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Hello. So trying to figure all this out. TY for the help and walkthrus. I am just wondering which way now is the best/fastest way to add money? I imagine you mean the gift cards are available over there.. Are you still doing the go between or is something like Bitcash the best option???
    TY!