Do you think there are cases of bullying within the group?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by notsolittlej, May 17, 2014.

1. ABF48

ABF48 Member

Cyber-bullying (via socmed : line, etc).. i'm sure this one happened in there (since all people doing this in nowadays)

2. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    The short answer is yes, but I think it's asking the wrong question. Bullying exists everywhere to some degree, the question is how is it handled, and because we've never heard of systematic bullying problems in the groups, I wouldn't assume it's a problem. There's probably a lot more depth you could go into here about Japan's hierarchical structures and how that can affect what is considered bullying and what's acceptable.

Personally, I think this is a classic "political correctness gone mad" issue where we've supercharged the word bullying to be a terrible unacceptable thing that needs to be stopped, when in fact it's just a normal part of growing up and learning how to integrate into social group dynamics. You can't stop bullying or shelter people from it anymore than you could do the same for lies, deception, jealousy, etc. And I don't think we should even try to, unless it's an extreme case. It's just something people gotta learn to deal with to become stronger well-adjusted individuals, because it's natural human behaviour that will never go away. (anti-bullying crusades are just one of many PC issues where good intentions are taken to extremist levels and become counterproductive and unhealthy, but I'll resist the urge for a mega-rant!)

3. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Looking at pictures of Yukirin's completely destroyed Everyday Katyusha costume really makes me think sometimes. I've researched everywhere but I can't seem to find an explanation as to why it's so tattered. So please someone tell me what the hell is going on there orz

I think, with all the rampant competition, the dozens of girls shuffling to get a good spot, the fact that space for spotlight is limited, etc, it is natural that there might be aggression hidden behind the stage, in tons of different levels. So many girls' resting bitch faces when Acchan won the third Election seem suspicious as well. But nowadays, it looks like girls are happier about each other's ranks. I haven't seen many resting bitch faces in recent elections. It seems like, outwardly, they might have toned down. As if they learned that roasting each other in public doesn't look so pretty anymore. Or it might be that it's harder to establish a status quo like in Acchan era, with all the first gen locks leaving and Senbatsu becoming just a tiny little more of a free for all.

It's not because they are girls. It is because they are many and they are competing with each other. One might think that, even within 48G, they are on their own. Senbatsu is made in a way that everyone is each other's rival. If you had a group of AKB48's scale but with boys, there would be bullying as well. And boys are conditioned to be less afraid of getting physical.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  4. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    imo, there is a big possibility that bullying does happen on the 48G. I mean, these girls are just also human beings. they're not saints. especially when the members are being subjected into the world of "showbizness" at such a young age. you know. teenager years. the emotions and pressure given to them will really affect their social life. I bet there are many times. they would talk behind each other's back. especially, those members that had been given more opportunity compared to them.

and aren't there many stories on newer member being isolated by other members. like not talking to her or in a sense. not being friendly to her. it's not really bullying. but it might be a start of something. besides, you can feel a barrier or awkwardness when non-senbatsu members are mixed with the almighty senbatsu members. like you can feel the superiority and inferiority between the members. if scandals can happen. what more bullying on the group? even just name calling or a friendly tease that had been a running joke could be a form of bullying. cause you don't know. it might actually been ruining the self-esteem of that person already.

5. XTN

XTN Kenkyuusei

Are you talking about this? : https://www.flickr.com/photos/31029865@N06/15810502617/in/photostream/
    I think those costumes were "destroyed" so AKB girls could act the apocalypse scenes in Manatsu no Sounds good.

6. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    if the girls have never threw hands over the bullying then it's not that serious I don't think but if it ever got physical and went to throwing hands then it might be an issue but I don't think it's as much bullying as it is the girls having their own little cliques within the groups and people keeping a circle of certain friends within the groups and people are just like probably feeling singled out

7. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Thank you" THANK YOU! *cries*

I finally know the answer. I've been looking for it everywhere and it makes me feel better knowing it was FOR THE LOVE OF THE ARTS and not an accident or something awful

8. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Obviously there would be frictions....lots of girls and personalitjes + many are still young and immature + asian seniority systems + some girls prob are jealous of more popular girls but i don't think there is full blown "bullying" exactly. Prob just alot of bitchy catty gossiping or excluding certain members from their clique than anything serious like some systematic bullying. 48G is just a job, they can leave works afterward, have school, have friends outside the group so they don't have to hang around members they don't like

That aside I'm here with my popcorns for any tell all books of bitchy members or weave grabbing cat fights tbh....

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  9. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    So far the only heated arguments that got out of hand or ended in HANDS being thrown were:

-the famous Moeno/Mariko video from some shoot where the take went a little too far & people didn't know if it was real or not
    -apparently Naachan & Mako [or Miki? I'm pretty sure it was Mako] got into an argument early on during practice & would fight; I think Naachan bit Mako at one point or something...I just remember this coming out from an MC & them fondly remembering a time before they were friends

-and numerous accounts of members inappropriately touching other members whether they wanted to or not. I KNOW variety shows & MCs like to play it off like a joke, but it's really up to the girls to decide whether or not another member was going over the line or getting too handsy. ADD TO THAT members tend to laugh it off as a joke, but who knows how they actually feel about it...Example: as much as that Dr Mocchi VTR series was funny, it got a little creepy when you realize she's trying to bite other members' ears whether they want to or not...ANYWAY.

I know Karen seems cool with it or plays it off, but there are vids of her being pranked/joked on by Tomu/Tano/Hillary/Yukarun that, sure, don't go that far, but you never know how Karen feels about it...imagine if that happened often & no one invited Karen out to hang, etc...

10. rebler

rebler Kenkyuusei

Yeah they had some fight:
    http://new-ship.tumblr.com/post/121678923801/its-about-two-years-ago-when-mako-naachan-and
    http://www.kojima-mako.com/162/tran...mako-x-okada-nana-interview-janken-book-2014/

11. Sythfia

Sythfia Kenkyuusei

This is quite a old topic but as everyone else seemed to agreed about yes there is such a thing for bullying within a group, I personally think there are some cases but not visibly seen, I mean a lot of members don't know each other yet too, so bad mouthing could happen. Though some members who do know each other tend to tease each other a lot, some might say its over the line or not, really depends on the person getting teased, for example Chiyori and Tani get teased for being "ugly" but as a joke, sometimes It can be perceived as too much. There is obvious competition within the groups too, because of elections as well. But overall everyone is a human being with emotions and they are in a large group, there is going to be stress and competitiveness.

12. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    I feel like I need to remind everyone that a fight is not really considered "bullying" per se? What Mako and Naachan went through was just a case of a regular quarrel between friends; meanwhile bullying implies that there is a gap in power between the bully and the person being bullied, and it's more often repetitive in nature.

13. paruchory

paruchory Kenkyuusei

obviously some cases are sure.. I refuse to think 48 girls are everyday 24h/24h lovely dovely with each others. Everybody are angry sometimes with others if your brain work right. Specially with people working daily arm in arm. But of course this always will be a mere speculation (or maybe in 20 years after the group close Aki-p or Acchan or Paruru make a book about the secrets behind... LOL)
    (If the book thing happen I ll buy it for sure [hehe])

14. ABF48

ABF48 Member

Its more stressing when everyone badmouthing you from behind, via SNS (line group).. they laughing at you and mocking you in sns but act like a friend in front of you. ..cih, being alone is tragic. maybe its sounds dramatic.. but i think its really happen there.

15. Brazsan

Brazsan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Just kidding but it is bullying.
    Stop bullying!

if the video does not show watch the video here

16. DerKaiserZen

DerKaiserZen Member

Oshimen:
    島崎 遥香, 田口愛佳
    I think the only "serious and convincing" bullying cases I ever heard was the Eriko Jo case..
    Rumor said that during her "massive super push" on 2011-2012, she been "deserted" and "exiled" by a group of fellow 2nd Gen and several Team M member in general (the group been said was lead by Fuuko and Shu) and it said that was the actual cause of her first graduation.
    Pressure of being pushed (her last G+ post which she announce her grad show it), no support from fellow peers, she finally break down, and announce grad.

I think this accusation might hold some valid tho. If you see back the announcement when she returned as KKS during the NMB concert, the camera shoot on Fuuko who not even hiding how displeased he felt on her face, but then quickly cut to Nana and Sayanee who cheer and cry, and Momo who laughed like mad.. haha :^^;:
    And also one of the main reason why she declined her first promotion after her return was because she been promoted to Team M (again), and at that time, The Fuuko push was at it's peak (Rashikunai Era). And she don't want to "disturb" Fuuko push, and messing with Fuuko again. (Her reasoning because she want all KKS been promoted before her).

Well, speculation will be just that, speculation, especially now.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  17. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Oddly enough, I always got the feeling Fuuko & Shuu weren't uber nice girls behind the scenes LOL. But yeah, at the end of the day, mix a literal popularity contest & the equivalent of musical theatre role wars [leads, unders, supporting, etc] and it makes sense that there's 100% some bullying & outright members not liking each other-- maybe not to the hyperbolic extent some think bullying can only be [shoving into locker, tacks in work shoes], but in smaller subtler forms like cliques & talking behind someone's back all the time

18. momo

momo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    Sadly, this is one of the few rumours I actually believe. It all just seems so obvious somehow. Not sure about Shu but Fuuko definitely worries me. For example, the look on her face when Eriko returned at the concert was so blatantly disappointed - whether it actually was due to her bullying Eriko or just simple bitterness is not clear but no matter what, it was very rude of her to do that.

19. paruchory

paruchory Kenkyuusei

I remember in that year documentary, the suggested motivation for Jo grad was.. the graduation of her beloved Acchan.
    but.. yes your explanation seems more realistic (also if is a speculation )
    So courious..
    I got to check her return perf. also if I don't know so well all the Nmb48

20. momo

momo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    I know a lot of people mock Shimada for her weight and all but in this video I genuinely think Tano is going a bit too far. She's talking way more than everyone else just to pretty much harass Haruu, while looking irritated whenever the camera pans over her. And not in a funny variety way. It's blatantly mean and Haruu seems very distressed. Heck, I prefer Tano over Shimada, but she crossed a line.

No hard feelings against Tano though. She's one of my AKB favourites but I simply felt like calling it out.

Last edited: May 21, 2016