1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Movie / DVD Documentary of AKB48: Sonzai suru Riyuu (2016/07/08)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Nighthawk141

Nighthawk141 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Twitter:
    mraiman_
    Would you help me with the timing?
    I'm Indonesian myself so I'll try to continue translating the video with SUKI48's video help and translating it manually too.

But currently I'm at uni and didn't have much time to timing it correctly and finally I'm out of motivation to continue.

If you could and would help me, I really appreciate that

EDIT: hoozer from A!O already help me by timing it according to the hardsubbed video (it's like tracking the sub IDK what's that called) but it's still out of order, I just need someone to arrange it

• Like Like x 2
  2. Owrayt

Owrayt Member

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    Twitter:
    nogiarea
    I can help, still new to timing though just started this week, I would need a softsub for it though :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Duburin

Duburin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyawaki Sakura
    Hi guys! Thank you so much for your interest in helping get this project done! I've actually made tons of progress at a much faster rate than expected, since my last post. :D

The timing done for the entirety of the 2h39min documentary is done at this time, including on-screen text boxes and name tags, etc. I've also got all 1800+ lines of text transcribed into Aegisub and 'roughly' translated. At this point, I'm running through the documentary 'properly' translating, fixing grammar, etc.

Once I'm done (likely in a couple weeks, given I work/study full time), I'd really appreciate some quality control to check grammar and if certain segments make sense, and if someone is experienced in direct JP-ENG translation that would be great. The Indonesian hardsub (and Spanish hardsub I found) does indeed have some obvious mistranslations that I struggle to revise. If any of that sounds like something anyone would be interested in, please let me know and I will be in contact! I'm excited to finally get this documentary out there after all this time.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. Owrayt

Owrayt Member

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    Twitter:
    nogiarea
    Well that is good to hear, I would love to help out in any way I can, I may have small amount of Japanese knowledge in me but would love to help out in the grammar check on the subs too. I'm still a newbie but this kind of project would help me in learning too.

• Like Like x 3
  5. hoozer

hoozer Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Duburin, this is truly wonderful news, thanks for all your hard work! I'm not much help with translation I'm afraid but can certainly offer to help with english grammar/typos and fine tuning the timing, plus any other standard subs work such as styles and features. I once transcribed the hard subs from AIDOL back into softsubs for the "...to be continued" documentary, so I know how much work is involved for a good result, even after all the translation is done. Happy to share the load

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Duburin

Duburin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyawaki Sakura
    Hi all,
    Here are my English subtitles for the Documentary of AKB48: Sonzai Suru Riyuu Director’s Cut (2016), with a 2h39m runtime. I hope you enjoy! Please forgive any errors in translation.

Link to SoftSubs GDrive.
    Online Stream linked on my twitter.
    RAW found on aidoru.

The documentary follows the group after the graduation of the 1st General Manager, Takahashi Minami. In a rapidly changing AKB48 world, young members begin to find their place within the group and identify their purpose. We also glimpse into the lives of some lesser known graduated members and get interviews from some industry insiders. For a brief rundown of the major topics covered in the documentary, please see below.

Major Topics Covered in Each Documentary Chapter:
    (0:00) Chapter 1: Introduction
    (2:27) Chapter 2: Takamina’s Graduation, and a new chapter begins with Yokoyama Yui
    (12:20) Chapter 3: The bonds of the 15th generation
    (30:00) Chapter 4: The 3 Musketeers of the 14th generation
    (35:46) Chapter 5: Okada Ayaka centering in Tokyo Dome
    (43:00) Chapter 6: Mitsumune Kaoru, the super kenkyuusei, and the 8th sousenkyo
    (53:00) Chapter 7: JKT48 and Nakagawa Haruka
    (1:02:30) Chapter 8: AKB48’s 5th Generation & Yakiniku Iwa
    (1:10:50) Chapter 9: The Birth of NGT48
    (1:19:00) Chapter 10: “Dedicated to Minami Takahashi” Stage Debut
    (1:49:30) Chapter 11: Earthquake Recovery Efforts
    (1:57:30) Chapter 12: Interviews from industry insiders, and the 8th sousenkyo continued
    (2:11:00) Chapter 13: The rise of Team 8
    (2:19:00) Chapter 14: Interview with Shunkan Bunshun
    (2:27:00) Chapter 15: The finale of the 8th Senbatsu Sousenkyo, and conclusions

Notes About the Subtitles:
    Please forgive any errors in translation. The subtitles were translated from Indonesian/Spanish into English for several parts, so there may be some details lost in translation. If you use the softsubs for re-translation, please be sure to include me in the credits, Duburin. If there are any large errors in translation, please send me a message and I will make arrangements to make the changes and re-release. I would be happy to make revisions.

While this documentary is very different in tone (and has a different director) from previous theatrical releases, it still covers tons of great segments and is a good watch for any AKB48 fan. At the time this documentary was released, many of the members covered were relatively unknown. Now, years later, we can see how they have blossomed in the current group and the origins they came from. I hope you enjoy watching this long-awaited documentary with English subs and continue to support AKB48!

All the best,
    Duburin

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 25
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Owrayt

Owrayt Member

Oshimen:
    Saito Asuka
    Twitter:
    nogiarea
    To more subs in the future! Glad to have helped out on this project :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Peach Anmitsu

Peach Anmitsu Kenkyuusei

Omg you are my hero!!! I cant wait to watch the whole thing!

I wish I could help myself but my grammar in Japanese took a nose dive after not using it for a while. :p

It is ironic though that this covers the birth of NGT with everything going on

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Fylkk

Fylkk Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Thanks a lot Fam!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    @Duburin senpai & to all those help with this project.. Otsukaresama... :1st:

U guys are the real winner here.. An unsung heroes that deserve a medal.. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    Can't wait to watch this! Thanks everyone!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I watched it last night, thanks to everyone for the English subs. :D I've seen it before without subs but this time everything made much more sense, especially the A7 rehearsals and shonichi.

(and once again I regretted not standing further to my right to be more central for Umechan's last photocall in Yokohama on 2016/03/21, if only I'd have known that the guy with the ponytail was producing a documentary... :()

• Like Like x 2
  13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

@Duburin (and everyone who helped), you’re an angel.

Thank you so much for this!

Can’t wait to watch it and go Wait, who tf was that???? :XD:

• Like Like x 1