1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Donate to Stage48

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Apr 7, 2014.

1. kinakomochi

kinakomochi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Donated over a month ago, no banner on my avatar. Is there some monetary amount you have to donate before you get one?

2. kinakomochi

@rka Why on earth is such an active board lacking an admin for such a basic feature? And why hasn't a staff member been delegated this responsibility?

Sorry... was a software tester for Boeing six years, so 'bugs' based in people mgmt tend to irritate me.

And sorry bud, I'm not going to read an entire thread to see if my question's answered -- staff can link me to the answer, or direct me to a FAQ like in any other board. As it is, from the home page there's zero indication of where the donate thread is anyway, so when people in chat said 'go post in the donate thread, no admins here!', in response to the same question, I found such a thread only exists if you use the advanced search function -- another shortcoming.
    It does make me wonder what my donations are actually funding. :confused:

3. kinakomochi

No problem donating to pay rent for this board... all boards need it in one form or another (most through tacky site ads, which is a delicate issue for the board even if it weren't as desirable as head lice)... my comment was implying it obviously wasn't funding basic administration.

Yeah... about that MIA issue... someone might bring up in the next staff meeting (hopefully they actually exist here) that delegating some basic admin authorities to staff would help spread out the responsibility a bit, if this is his/their hobby and their day jobs take precedence. If they can't hack both, time to pass on the reins to people who can. That excuse wouldn't hold up in enterprise very long and certainly not a year. :shifty:

Technically... since the board is taking donations... it *is* an enterprise. Admins, please keep this in mind when this question is asked by yet another new, donating member.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  4. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Unfortunately, there is no way for the current moderators to access or see the donations or give any special tags to any members, as all that is handled on the administrative side which we don't have permissions for. Since the website is still up and running, I can only assume all the server costs are accounted for, at least for now. I'm not saying don't donate anymore for anyone that is gracious enough to help cover the costs of hosting the site, but if it's to get that donor tag I would hold off for now or wait a while for Mr Waffle to add everyone.

5. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Hi all, I've gone through and updated the donor tags for everyone I could match the emails for. Unfortunately it doesn't tell me which user did it so if you donated from a different email account to the one you're registered to, you'll need to let me know who you are (I could guess but if I made a mistake...). I've got a T.S from France, K.G from the USA, L.R from Australia, and E.S from Belgium. If that sounds like you shoot me a PM and let me know! And as always thanks for the support.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  6. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

I think it's more members than that... but that's just my opinion :^^;:

7. Syd4HaruNaka

Syd4HaruNaka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakagawaharuka
    I second this idea. A progress bar for the essentials would be nice. And of course it can go beyond the limit because we know running forum competitions and prizes need fundings as well.

8. kinakomochi

+1.

It's a feature on many other forums that do fundraising and can motivate the membership to donate if they can see, Kickstarter-style, where the donation pool is at a glance.

9. SayakaFan

SayakaFan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Another +1.

It'd be very helpful to see a progress bar for the board's rent. I've seen this on other sites too, and it is a good motivator to donate.

10. alabare

alabare Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Donated about 1 month ago, just wanted to make sure it was received, it was for $25/- My paypal does not match my email that I used for the forums.

11. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Donated already. Will probably donate every 2 months. A little helps...

12. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    I donated about a month and a half ago. I hope it was received. :flower:

13. Jazzichi_48

Jazzichi_48 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Donated last December and donating again today~ Going to probably do donations once every month or so. Hope it is recieved

14. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I don't care about the banner anymore but can I get confirmation donations are still going to stage48 and not getting lost along the way?

15. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i completely forgot i donated too.

16. ichigowota

ichigowota Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Mazda Ayaka
    Stage48 is an amazing platform for foreign fans, I would be a bit lost without it.
    I donated awhile ago and donated again today :)
    I still haven't gotten a donor banner, though?

17. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    You should send a message to @ithebigc

18. ichigowota

ichigowota Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Mazda Ayaka
    Thank you :)

19. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Going forward, for everyone that has donated, please PM me a screenshot of the Paypal transaction (upload the screenshot to imgur and link me) and I'll gladly add a donor banner to your profile ASAP. I have zero access to the Stage48 Paypal account so I can't check anything in it, but a screenshot is all the proof I need.

I also agree that a progress bar would be really nice, but that is something beyond my ability to create and would require @Mr Waffle's help.

20. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Decided to donate a little since I've been using the site a lot since quarantine started haha. Should I still message @ithebigc about the banner? It seems that they haven't logged in since last year so wasn't sure...