Don't you miss AKB's old songs and image ?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Torigoya-San, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I know that AKB is constantly evolving so as to have a new image to keep people's attention. However, how many of you miss their old songs such as Oogoe Diamond, Iwake Maybe, River, Temo demo no Namida, Shonichi, Pioneer, RESET, etc ? For me, I certainly do, and i feel that it seems that AKB does not produce such songs anymore. It was actually their old music that made me a dedicated fan in the first place. Lately though, it seems their music has changed alot. Do you think that at some point in the future,they will return to producing the type of songs that they used to perform in the past ?

2. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    I don't really see how someone could miss the old songs as a lot of them are sung in every concerts and even in the Waiting Stages.
    So no, I don't miss the "old" songs. I watched the latest Team B theater performance today, and it was full of "old" songs (actually, 9 out of 18 were released before 2010)

About their image, despite the "change" everybody points out, I think AKB is still AKB and their image is mostly the same, whether it is Acchan or Sasshiko in the front position.
    I fell in love with AKB in their early days (I discovered them when they released Sakura no Hanabiratachi and started being a really active fan with BINGO!) and even if 10nen Zakura and Iiwake Maybe are still my favourite singles, and I really miss members like Maimai and Meetan, I don't miss their "old image" for the group has to change and evolve or it will slowly die, and that is the worst thing that could happen.

3. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    As a fan of ballad songs, I certainly miss some old songs like Sakura no Kini Narou, Tooku ni Itemo, Anata Ga Ite Kureta Kara, etc not just because they are old but because they are performed very rarely. It sucks to be a fan of ballad because most of the 48s' releases are upbeat songs and there are no new stages to look for new slow-tempo songs. Luckily, there are still coupling songs and I got to say, I enjoy songs like Me ga Itai Kurai Hareta Sora or Ano Hi no Fuurin way more than their side A songs.
    If what you meant is the quality of recent songs is decreasing, then I think it depends on the taste of each person. Like some people complain that So Long is terrible but for me, it's one of the best songs ever :^O^:

4. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I wasn't really around for all that stuff. I definitely appreciate the old image and songs. But I don't feel any special attachment to them. I think a lot of the newer songs are just as good (in some cases, better) than the older ones. There may be a nostalgia hurdle that some people can't jump over but there isn't one for me, and I hope the fans who do have one can at least climb over it well enough to appreciate the group as it is currently. "The grass is always greener on the other side", but dead grass doesn't really produce much green :D

5. Makox3

Makox3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    After hearing the new song, i've really got the feeling there is something different. BUT this is how it goes. New members are in, old are going. Sadly but there has to be a little change. It would get us all bored if we always hear the same type of songs.

I love the full-energy-songs of akb and i love the team K stage-songs for being that cool and energy-image.
    I miss some energy in the new songs aswell but I have to say: That's okay how it is!
    The new songs are great in their own way.
    My only hope is that they will go on making energy-songs, too. But they will do so! Because we , the fans would love to listen to. At the moment it's summer and the new songs are giving a summer-hit-vibration and easy learning dances. They are feeling light and catchy.

And every year they celebrate the "Request Hour" in which they perform the best songs. There are also the older songs in it if the crowd want to have it in again!

6. Silvershen

Silvershen Kenkyuusei

For me, No not really. However, I do miss AKB and 48 groups releasing dark or inspirational songs.

I fell in love with AKB in 2011, so I dun really experience their old songs and image. I bcome a fan bcoz of ballads (Sakura No Ki Ni Narou) and dark inspirational songs (Beginner, Kaze Wa Fuiteiru). I believe 2013 (So Long, ballads, KFC) have actually better songs compared to 2012, so I'm glad able to experience this period.

Anyway, for those who are unhappy about AKB and 48 groups latest singles/songs, just remember that 48 groups are not like other artists. There's like 700+ songs bcoz of the stage songs. So there's a large collection of music for everyone to discover. Not too mention all the events, where all the old/stage songs will be performed. I also listened/watched Heavy Rotation and River being performed so many times not too mention in 3 different languages, kinda getting bored of it.

What I like most about 48 groups songs is having high level of energy, able to cheer people, provide an inspirational message and is melodious and rhythmic.

7. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    i miss them a lot.. most of 'old songs' mentioned by members above are pretty new
    I did miss single like Seifuku ga jama o suru or Keibetsu shite ita aijou.. when will they make another Keibetsu/Seifuku.. or even Namida Uri no Shoujo?

worst song come to mind is HebiRote.. (yeah and so long, etc) why people like it? not sure :/

8. Neverback

Neverback Kenkyuusei

No.. Yes.. Uhm.. No
    I heard about AKB when JKT is created (created? Is that the right word?)
    So I don't really know about their old songs and images.
    I still enjoy the old songs, though..

9. Chimai

Chimai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Nope.

I can honestly say I prefer no AKB era over another.

To me, AKB is AKB and that will never change. This surprises me, though, because I'm a constant victim of severe nostalgia.

I love the fact that I can watch either an episode of AKB 0ji 59fun from 2008 or an episode of AKBINGO! from last week and I will enjoy myself either way. I can listen to A1 or 1830m and still love and sing along to all the songs. I love Ohori Megumi and I love Okada Nana.

There's something special about AKB to me that lets this happen. Perhaps it is "unconditional love".

10. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
    I miss the 2010 AKB, but I look forward to it constantly changing

11. natlove

natlove Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    I miss the 2010-2011 era...
    Can't deny the songs were better...
    I uds how songs like so long and eien is heading... but it is just not enough.
    Sometimes I wish graduations never happen in akb.
    urghhhhh....

12. Buddy P. Sokarijo

Buddy P. Sokarijo Kenkyuusei

I like the older songs a lot, and in fact ive been listening to it more often. Since im not that long in this fandom, i often get introduced to old song that are completely new too me. Especialy if JKT does a new cover, or covers a song from AKB that is old...

IMO

The current state of AKB i have mixed feelings... At one hand everytime there is something being released or a girl is getting more and more known. It is exciting right, but every new single isn't as exciting as some the old ones.
    I hope AKB will release a song that is like RIVER or Heavy Rotation, which is exciting. And im all up for new things that can refresh the image... But it needs to be exciting for me, or interesting atleast.

At this point im excited every new stuff that JKT does but... whats new for JKT is old for AKB...

13. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Do you also feel that alot of their old songs have a more "traditional" Japanese pop music flavor, whereas nowadays their music seems to be trying hard to follow a more international image ? I certainly think so, as evident in more electro-pop sound for some songs and more colorful, outlandish outfits nowadays. Some people may prefer their new direction, but I honestly still very much prefer their old music and image much more [think] as it was what attracted me to them.

I certainly miss their old concerts such as Yokohama Arena in 2010 and Seibu Dome in 2011, especially when they played the Majisuka Gakuen (IMO the best tv series in the world [rock]) characters, which they don't do nowadays.

14. Akira Hitoshi

Akira Hitoshi Kenkyuusei

Majijo's Rooftop, staring at the clouds...
    Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    I agree with you, I miss that particularly era of AKB too, cause that was when they were becoming at the top of their game, with more events and TV shows they were going on...

However, I also acknowledge the fact the while new generations are entering, the old ones are leaving. With this in mind, there will definitely be some change in image no doubt about it, no matter how many original members are left.

But similar to a lot of fans here on this forum, I really haven't been a fan nearly long enough to have known what their image was back then. I've also started to realize that with every new song they release, they're slowly parting away from their previous songs at their peak (2011-2012) and entering a new era of music.

Simply put, it's not the same anymore. Regardless of their present releases, Iiwake Maybe is still my all time favorite....I can't explain it but I feel like this song with the music and lyrics really represents AKB in who they are and what they're all about. [rock]

15. Buddy P. Sokarijo

Buddy P. Sokarijo Kenkyuusei

yes kinda, i love the fact that a lot of their songs are composed with real instruments and not computer generated sounds...

16. holcroft

holcroft Kenkyuusei

i do miss akb's old song, even though i wasn't even a fan back then
    defstar era songs are, in my own opinion are more free, with risky themes and made the group quirky and unique
    granted they become popular and can't really do songs like these again :(

it's just, for me the recent songs are getting more and more generic.
    but some of the recent couplings are good imho
    show fight is still the greatest coupling from post-acchan era lol

17. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

Each song is different, pace or style of AKB48, sometimes you stay surprised even think it's better or worse than the last this goes for liked it. [notme] Algunos cambios son un cambio radical como Sakura no Shiori. [shock]

What we if it hurts to are the graduations and more Now that you there are very few of the first generations. :cry:

Even I struggle to see AKBINGO by longing for the girls.

What happens? The voices of the singers sound different and are new. [think]

18. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I clearly miss AKB48's old songs and image cause unlike today. the old AKB48 has more AKB48 members involved with AKB48 related shows,events etc. but today and in the near likely future. majority of the members involved will belong to sister groups. and I know it's only right to push younger members than to push members who are almost at their peak but the AKB48 new gen right now are "meh". they have pretty face and they have talent but they lack personality. which is the most very important characteristic imo. when I'm watching AKBINGO with the likes of Paruru, Annin etc. I feel like everything they said and do are all calculated. I can almost hear crickets.

19. Jester48

Jester48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamauchisuzuran
    Twitter:
    UnknownJester_
    we are talking about mayu, right? lol

20. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    :D you're stretching too much of the Oshi-bias that I already pointed out too much on other forum.
    I already said on other forums that sometimes Mayuyu is just being professional on her idol career. but whenever she's interacting with other members and not giving comments about something. she's just being herself. but unlike Paruru, Annin and other new gen nowadays. especially on variety shows. they look like they already think what would they say infront of the camera. but with Mayuyu and old gen members they're comments are mostly impromptu and not calculated. that's why their chemistry is great.