1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Don't you miss AKB's old songs and image ?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Torigoya-San, Jun 30, 2013.

1. alrunzz

alrunzz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Hi i just wanna ask , why when akb48 attended concert overseas , most of the time not the core members participating eventhough the initial members didnt graduate yet?

core members just participating for japan only and maybe some for american one

2. xmikachan

xmikachan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Twitter:
    xmikachuu
    Their older songs are definitely my favorites, but I kind of understand why they sort of changed their sound as time went on. In my opinion they've changed musically to cater to everyone, not just their fans. I think their older songs were made especially for their fans because they weren't as popular as they are now.

They're extremely popular now all over Japan and people who aren't full blown AKB fans are listening to their music, so I think Aki-P is trying to make the newer songs appealing to people who aren't fans as well.

3. alrunzz

alrunzz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I just wanna ask is there any site that post akbingo eng sub episode 132?

4. fael_c00l

fael_c00l Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kumazawaserina
    Twitter:
    Raphael_Raditya
    I'm really miss their image from the past,,
    when takamina still looking cute with her trademark ribbon, Mayuyu with her twintail, and Yukirin with long hair :inlove: :inlove:

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Sometimes. AKB48 means something quite unique for me, but of lately they have been releasing a lot of songs that sound too much like other groups (like morning musume, for example). And not only the sound, but also the kind of video or the way they sing are different now... For example, every time I watch the PV for 'Party is over' I can't help thinking of MM's 'Do it! Now'. The 'AKB48 style' of happy songs is no more and now there are several different styles side by side with songs being released to feed all of them at the same time... I guess Aki-P decided it was time to grow up like MM did before. Fortunately, there is still a part of the group that keeps the freshness and youth I fell in love with...

6. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    I got hit with a bit of nostalgia yesterday when I was listening to some AKB songs on my MP3 player. The old AKB helped me understand the group from how different a lot of the members were and how they uniquely contrasted each other. The music especially had me going when I heard Bingo, which always makes me think of AKBingo and random episodes I enjoyed watching the older members in. I don't know, but with Yuko graduating and Mariko last year, it started sinking in how much this group is really going to change from who they used to be.

And to be honest, whenever I hear the old songs now, all I think about were the good times I had following how the group grew up together, and how much they changed over the years from when they were first starting out.

The new gen is much more fortunate in comparison to what the old gen had to go through per say, but I think they have a lot of pressure to continue representing what AKB started to accomplish in the beginning.

7. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    The Old AKB48 era is what really is "AKB". the AKB48 now is more mainstreamed, there's no more original AKB48 single now. all senbatsu members now comes from different 48G. I can't really say it's a AKB48 single now since almost half of the top members are sister groups ace/center while on the Old AKB48 era. the senbatsu members comes from each teams aces, leaders and centers. you can't say it's only AKB48 recognition/achievements when they hit 1Million single sales now.

and on AKB48 songs. there's no doubt that the Old AKB48 single is really the golden single era of AKB48.
    it really shows how dynamic the group can be. now, AKB48 single is more center-driven the new AKB48 now shows how dynamic they can be depending on who is the center.

8. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    I agree. I'm seeing way too much of these, while I'm still listening to the 'old' "Sakura no Hanabiratachi" song - that's real AKB, not something like today...

It's just another reason why I'm starting to lose interest in AKB48 (and J-pop general with too much Johnny's) overall. Not only I've got school, I'm now starting to see more of my favorites graduating, with Sayaka (my favorite), Tomochin, Mariko and Acchan already graduated, Yuko soon to graduate (and Kojiharu, probably)...

Yesh, it seems I may have jumped AKB a bit too late. I started back in fall of 2010, the time when "Beginner" got #1, but now my thoughts say that (along with Ponytail and Heavy Rotation singles released earlier in that year) at that time AKB was starting to move away from that classic "golden single era" and into the "million single era" that favors quantity over quality for much of the time...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I felt some nostalgia the other day watching a performance of Romance, Irane.
    I remember that by that time AKB was releasing too many happy songs for my taste (BINGO, BokuTaiyou, Yuuhi ga...) while what made me fall in love with them were songs like Seifuku and Keibetsu.

But still, listening to it 7 years after is weird. I feel the group could have gone another path. And somehow I feel that's the path Nogizaka is walking. The whole old-school idol and stuff.

I dunno. I feel like in order to achieve the success they've achieved they had to leave some of their identity behind. Even if it was just stop releasing songs like Seifuku/Keibetsu. But I still think it's what made them interesting in the first place.

10. PointyCrayon

PointyCrayon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Hey guys, I'm new here on Stage48 and I started liking AKB late-November/early-December but, I agree with some of the people here about the old members. As I started liking AKB with AKBINGO!, I definitely miss the old group (Maeda, Shinoda, MaiMai etc.). As for their image, I think that the songs had to change to keep up with the new generations.

11. Toadell

Toadell Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yukirin, Zukki, Oochan
    I think 2017-2019 releases are equicalents to what AKB48 released back in their start.
    In my opinion they sound "old" ,like a nostalgic sound to them
    Except for No Way Man that is really a Sakamichi fusion, and Teacher Teacher who sounds somewhat Kpopish

12. Rev4

Rev4 Member

I certainly agree. Aki-P has moved on to Sakamichi to put more efforts in the lyrics because each group has its own personality that inspires Aki-P. They are also not selling 1.8M or even over 2M like a AKB48 single so there is more room for risks.

And with addition of Hinatazaka46 Aki-P has more fun writing songs for Sakamichi than AKB now. The groups are smaller too. AKB being mainstream has probably led to old fans moving over to Sakamichi. Age group of 35-40 are probably old fans of AKB.

13. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

Yeah i miss the akb48 old vibe and songs Aki P kinda in love with sakamichi right now the only 48group that get a good song only STU48 and NGT48 but because of that shitty scandal NGT wont release new single in near future

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

14. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    Honestly, I still think the STAGE recording albums are AKB's best work. Especially the Team A albums. And then all the singles up to a certain point. And obviously I miss the dynamic of the original members, I think no matter how much you try you can never recapture that era - it was lightning in a bottle. Just magic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. chaloner

chaloner Kenkyuusei

Aitakatta MV members. :omfg:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  16. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    Maybe I have not listened to their newer releases enough but 48G, 46G and IZ*ONE's Japanese releases (and 22/7, too, Ig?) all have that weird mixing problem. I think it started from 2016 and became disturbingly prominent as they kept releasing stuff. Is it Aki-P's fault? I don't know.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  17. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Not in love but his brother has ownership of Seed & Flower LLC. That's why the quality of the songs from Hinata and Keyaki are very high right now. AkiP has creative authority for Keyaki and Hinata but not for Nogi because Sony and Riverhill/AKS have ownership of Nogizaka46 LLC. Y&N Brothers inc along with insiders owns Seed & Flower LLC. AkiP had both creative authority and political capital, but after the near collapse of Keyaki and Hirate there are signs pointing at more power for Sony's Yoshio Konno who is CEO of both Nogizaka46 LLC and Seed & Flower LLC. He and Keyaki mngmt will not be interrupted by AkiP on senbatsu in the future. Perma center should not be a thing anymore.

AkiP didn't had creative authority for AKB48 because AKS had the ownership and it showed why he started Y&N Brothers inc with his brother to start over with a new group he will have 100% creative control. He now has two groups with 100% creative freedom. Konno brings in AkiP for every audition to pick new members who suits Keyaki and Hinata since Sakamichi Joint Audition in 2018. AKS doesn't think of this stuff and the group lose the balance.

AkiP may have lost political capital to impact senbatsu but he still has creative authority. AKS just don't care about creativity, their job is to make money and in the end they can go overboard to become greedy. When AKB48 wasn't as big as they are now it was a better time for dynamic style of songs.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1