[Drama] Majisuka Gakuen season 2 [2011.04]

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by z3144228, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    I'd be quite happy if they didn't have a kiss scene at all between Center and Nezumi. They've never implied its a romantic thing, and not just a really close friendship. I thought the scene was touching enough when Center rested her head against Nezumi. If she's kissed her then, I think the over the top and cheesiness would have completely ruined it for me. Nezumi was tearing up the whole way through punching Center, she was trying to push her away the whole time and you could see she didn't want to, but center eventually broke her defense's down and was allowed in.
    Proabably my favourite scene during this whole season, and despite all the nuttiness this season has involved, the emotions felt real, and it wasn't overly forced and cheesy.

I'm not overly bothered about seeing Maeda V Shibuya.. Maeda has grown to become some unstoppable force, and we've seen nothing to suggest Shubuya won't just get one shotted again. The fact this season we've got to see all the other characters get more screen time, knowing the whole while.. they have Maeda in reserve for when she's really needed. She doesn't need to be at the forefront.

2. Akasan

Akasan Kenkyuusei

I like Toddvanzetti post as it has some entertaining opinions that jogged my brain.

Hmmm, I like this thought. It made me just think of something. You know what would have made more sense? Miso stabbing Maeda early on in the show, taking her out like Gekikara. Then others would have stepped up and we could get 5 minutes a show of Maeda in a hospital eating sakura petals. Wait then Shibuya wouldn't have anyone to rage on... hmm

LOL, I don't know about Nezumi being a hero, but I agree this season did a great job of showing her off. She's really the only character I'm interested to see what happens next.

Season isn't finished yet, but so far I think they could have done something better. It's like having the same actor that was Obi-Won, play Darth Vader or Lord Sith in the sequel. Takamina was such an important element to the Maeda character in season 1. I'm not a big fan on how they completely eliminated those elementals and motivations of Maeda character in turn for "I'm going to go be Batman, cause Yuko obviously asked me to do something."

:chuffed: LOL
    But...

You are right in the fact that isn't not over with Nezumi. She's at the turning point right now and you make some good points. I personally would like to see her betray Center to say true to her nature, but I don't think she has anything left to gain at this point. She's lost Majijo, unless....

hmmm Nezumi makes a turn to another school right at the rumble????

Now that would be something worth seeing especially with Center's affection for her.

3. Akasan

Akasan Kenkyuusei

Aaaah. I had to google her. I'm not that big of an AKB48 fan, just Majijo. But, I'm on board now. The Kabuki sisters... given they are some of the last members with unique "skills/powers" I'm happy they at least had some memorable fight scenes. I wish they didn't write them so corny at times, but they feel victim to just the way this season has been. But the Kabukicho/Yabakune fight help set the standard for the threat that was/is Shibuya/Habu.

I'd blame Center for saying "I love you" all the time. But, I know what you mean, a kiss scene will not happen especially with Japan TV standards. (and my students that are 7-10 years old watch this show cause it's AKB.)

I always saw it like this... Center comes from a broken home, she yearns for repairing and saving people she cares about, because she couldn't do it when she was younger. That's why she won't give up on Nezumi, because she sees a kindship in Nezumi and is too stubborn to give up.

I know this because my past was similar and it effects me in my relationships today... being stubborn and trying to reach for the top, while reaching out to save others. Classic "chip on the shoulders hero/vigilante"...

Hmmm, you have a good point Ginger. Of course Maeda is like the Son-Goku of Majisuka Gakuen, maybe Shibuya is stubborn like Vegeta. Still... I would like to see how far Shibuya has improved. It was a pointless plot otherwise, because that's all Shibuya wants, is to have it out with Maeda. Even if she gets laid the F out, I would like to Shibuya find her "wall" and the Majijo family come welcome her back... Still time though...

4. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

As I see it, Nezumi's only path to ruling Majijo is with Center, as it always was. That is why her betrayal of Center was emotionally motivated- not motivated by any sensible plot to gain power. As it was before, she could stay with Center and Center will eventually win as youth replaces the old.

Or.... Nezumi could destroy herself, Center, any chance at ruling Majijo, and the lives of many many yankees.

One possibility could potentially be concluded next episode, the other, not likely.

This show is the greatest show on Earth. Those who do not see this must work to wipe away the false consciousness that plagues them.

Takamina totally made out with a girl at the end of Mendol. So some Center-Nezumi action is not out of the question.

5. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    Mayu and Sae also shared a pretty cringeworthy kiss on Sakura kara no Tegami. Female idols do kiss in Drama's Lets not forget this is a 24 Drama so it's not out of the question, but at the same time. Idol kisses tend to be truly horrible to watch, closed lipped dead eyed lol. Like they're just pressing their faces together, doesn't even look like a kiss 90% of the time anyway.

I just hope they don't. Both characters have had the most character development all season, they've came to a satisfactory conclusion, they don't need pushed further.

6. bear107

bear107 Kenkyuusei

Slighty OT, but here's a quote from a reviewer about one of Takamina's kisses in Mendol: "Ray kisses her with the fakest looking kiss I've seen since the Melodies PV" :awesome:

7. tokyolucifer

tokyolucifer Kenkyuusei

I agree with you that MG2 is better than MG1 but to say this is the greatest show ever, you gotta be kidding me. In terms of idol drama, Mousou Deka is way better. And in terms of yankee show, Drop(Duroppu) is 100 times better...

8. firestarter912

firestarter912 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    i start my new job the day the final episode passes......but the wait is worth it to see it on youtube when i get back [clap] [rock] :music:

9. oddball

oddball Member

OH NO!!! I just realized actually away for the last episode :panic: :fp:

Man all the way through and I'm only away for the last, darn it will have till wat till monday to see it!!! :angry:

10. warevereaper

warevereaper Kenkyuusei

hi all!!
    do you all think it will be majisuka gauken 3??
    because i really like the girls acting..
    not just acting, maybe it's the best for a japan idol like akb family..
    hahahaha :XD:

11. MoeKare

MoeKare Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    moekare_100
    wuhohohohohoo... I can't wait for the last ep! :XD:
    old rappappa! :XD:
    Yaba vs Majijo! (no Maeda).. but still I think this series must be more than 12 eps..
    I am still unsatisfied with Maeda from ep ep 1-10 (less appear) lol my personal feeling :lol:
    I hope the last one, this next Friday will be much satisfied and not hanging...
    aa.. or season 3? :awesome: haha...

12. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

The Mendol kissing in the last episode was pretty decent. And it had Takamina yelling at people afterwards.

Majisuka Gakuen 2 is not only the greatest television program ever but is the greatest work of dramatic fiction thus far created by humanity. This is objectively true and not a matter of personal tastes. If you do not agree you simply have objectively bad tastes. With years of therapy of therapy you might be able to learn of the greatness of MG2 and only then will you have the potential of real happiness.

13. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    ^ well Mendol was so bad it made me lmao :awesome: (but Takaboy is the best thing that brings me to this fandom so... :awesome: )

And Mj2k currently goes nowhere. s1 did well, having a nice flow despite of the rather obvious cliche plot. s2... it started with another "ah, we'll see if the next episodes will be better" and became much better through the middle. Through the end, however, is kinda disappointing as some of those posted above had stated. It's kinda like they're running out of time to properly explain each situation and just abruptly end the story by having a majijo vs yabakune war. It's almost as if they're already preparing for s3 :hmm:

14. Akasan

Akasan Kenkyuusei

Boom...
    [​IMG]

You hit it right on the head...

Gives you a Yuko clap:
    [​IMG]

[clap] [clap] [clap] [clap]

:fp: [hehe]
    This made me LOL'd just because I can relate to loving a show that hardcore to post something like this. No... Majisuka Gakuen isn't a show... it's a "way of life". Yoroshiku! [rock]

But like Yuki and others have been saying MG2 felt like a bunch of filler episodes that went nowhere. I don't know if there was really anyway Aki-P could have avoided it though, because some of the best characters/actors were dead, graduated or way overpowered (Acchan and Gekkikara). Maybe that why he decided to go a more comedic route opposed to the complete seriousness season was aside from Daruma comic relief. As some have mentioned it's basically become the Nezumi show, because that's the only storyline that looks like it will have a decent conclusion this friday without being forced. I think that's why myself and others are somewhat disappointed with the Maeda/Shibuya fight because they could have ended it right there (ie Maeda/Shibuya) and still had room to wrap up the other loose ends. Who knows?

Maybe Otabe will finally do something? Maybe the twins will have some significance? Maybe Miso won't be a one shot character? Maybe Shibuya will come to terms with herself? Maybe Takadeka will have a bigger impact?

Maybe this won't mean anything come friday and somehow I will see the greatest battle and dramatic writing ever witnessed. Regardless, I have been entertained thanks to the Stage48 forum. It's made MG2 that much better. <3

15. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

Definition of CLICHÉ
    : a trite phrase or expression; also : the idea expressed by it
    : a hackneyed theme, characterization, or situation
    : something (as a menu item) that has become overly familiar or commonplace

MG was not a phrase or idea, so one is out. The show was not a theme or characterization. The situation of the show was not hackneyed (lacking in freshness or originality), so definition two is out. As the show did not lack freshness or originality, it had freshness or originality and thus cannot be overly familiar, thus Majisuka Gakuen does not fit definition three. Therefore the show, not fitting any of the definitions, is not 'cliche'.

I watch a lot of television. I like to read about television. I have never come across a television program that stared an idol band of 48 members portraying a school run by gangs. This is a fresh, exciting, and absurd concept. This is the furthest thing from cliche.

While one may say the episodic format of the first series may have played out a little formulaicly, only in the broadest sense, but certainly not cliche. The second season has involved quite a bit more drama and character development. Nezumi, Shibuya, Janken, Shaku, Gekikara, Center and to a lesser degree, Team Under, Team Fondue, Team Hormone have all had character development much greater than most of the first series. The first series revolved around the unfolding of a mysterious past through a violent present while the current series is exploring the emotionally wounded characters in the present.

But perhaps literary depth is of no interest to those who believe juvenile action and explosions with pointless special effects constitute plot and originality.

Mendal was supposed to be funny. It was a fascinating look into Japanese representations of gender and sexuality. It provided an important message of acceptance and tolerance in an amusing and interesting plot.

16. Akasan

Akasan Kenkyuusei

:^O^: ^[​IMG]^ :^O^:
    You get Yuko claps also:
    [clap] [clap] [clap]

I am curious though, what is your take on almost the complete absence of an adult world from Season 1? No teachers, No Nurse, barely the principal, Maeda's not a nurse anymore, no more past Yankee parents. And the complete abscence of new characters with powers/special skills from Season 1?

I personally missed the feel of that and felt it would have helped more characters shine this season. (ie. if the whole reason Shaku covered her mouth is that she's a healer and the kiss early on would have help Gakuran heal up. Not immediately, but you'd get the idea)

100th post btw~! [party] Yorushiku!

17. Akasan

Akasan Kenkyuusei

Oh guys btw this just hit youtube about 5 hours ago:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU_Nj1Ex_ec[/yt]

I don't know where it's coming from cause I bought that new AKB48 MV collection on blu ray, (Yes MG made me an AKB48 fan, not the other way around.) and as far as I can tell only 3 songs from Majisuka Gakuen season 1 is on the collection.

Any leads?

It's great. Hated the theme in the beginning but as the show's new attitude progressed it grew on me.

18. frenchymelody

frenchymelody Kenkyuusei

• ^
      It's Yankee Soul PV from Everyday, Kachuusha Type B DVD~ nothing tricky, official and released for ages :lol:

19. Akasan

Akasan Kenkyuusei

Awww weak. Then that means they could have released it on the current Blu ray collection. I suppose it would have taken sales away from Everyday, Kachuusha. (Like it needed it... [notme]) I refuse to buy anything on DVD anymore, when blu ray is sooooooo :cute: :drool: . Highly recommend it, especially for the uncut Beginner and Majisuka Gakuen looks like an Imax movie! (Well, not that clear, but still high def!)

If you have the hard drive space: http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?app=xbt&CODE=details&torrent=37216 :wtf:

Yeah have fun with that... :hmm:

20. oddball

oddball Member