[EVENT] 24th Single Janken Tournament

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by maxaroni, Jul 3, 2011.

1. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

^I've completely come to terms with the whole 'idols are fake as hell' thing so it doesn't bother me, but what does bother me is that Harukyan behaved that way on camera which she knew was going to her fans. I don't care if it's early in the morning, if you're on camera you should behave for the camera. It's no different from filming AKBingo or any other TV show considering they do a solid 6-7 hours of filming for that.

2. kashiko

kashiko Kenkyuusei

Judging from the youtube comments, there're a lot of girls being disliked for their unprofessional/annoying attitude when on camera. Harukyan suffered the most, then Natsumi, Kasai, Oku-tama... [sealed]

Hope this year the girls'll act better in front of camera :D

Though, I must say watching the above girls' clips is more interesting the others' lol XD

3. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    In case of Harukyan it wasn't only about cameraman. There was a huge discussion how she acted towards senior to her girls within AKB especially with Tomochin. For me personally it did not look awful at all perhaps little could that's all but apparently by Japanese standards it was unacceptable. Go figure...

I have to admit that backstage footage is perhaps most interesting part for me related to Janken Tournament. I hope Aki-P will repeat that part as well.

4. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

News clip from today
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q5dJxeA0R4[/yt]

5. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    ^That's so nice of them to include more videos of the losers of the tournament than the winners! AKB's so fair!

((No, but seriously, this video is beginning to confirm my fear that this year's janken senbatsu don't matter either))

/bitter

((That's also a lie. Why would I stop being bitter?))

6. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

Unfortunately, idols are "expected" to behave themselves 24/7 which is also harder in Japan when you're suppose to conform to polite behavior (yet they also value privacy, which is a total contradiction).

If you know that you're going to be on camera, then behave since it'll most likely be released to the public which will affect your public image. Too bad Matsubara and Harukyan were caught on camera.

Anyone notice how those two girls are still on various TV episodes esp. Harukyan? She has a relatively new hairstyle, too. Both are probably making PR appearances to improve their images!

ALL the girls need privacy for themselves so they can relax and be themselves, regardless!

Idols, smidols... the girls are human! Anyone, especially fans, should at least respect that instead of criticizing them! Who do the fans think they are... better than the idols? What arrogance!
    Anyway... enough of this matter.

I hope the non-media senbatsu members do well [nod]

7. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    Seriously ... after the Janken tournament and the Chance no Junban, Ucchii is the only "new" girl I know.
    So it tells the girls that unless they win the whole tournament and become the center, they still lose and nothing would change at all.

8. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    ^ ...you don't know the rest of the girls who were in Chance no Junban?

9. sikanwan

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    ^ No no no ! What I mean is that, after Chance no Junban, I knew the girls I had known, but I still didn't know (or notice) the girls I didn't know (eg. Tanabe Miku, Nakatsuka Tomomi, Matsui Sakiko, Chikano Rina, Kobayashi Kana). I know them a bit more now, but I didn't notice them at all during the time when I was not a devoted AKB fan.
    The only new person I knew purely from Chance no Junban or the tournament was Ucchii.

10. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    Oh okay, I was like :nothappy:

11. newAKB48fanboy

newAKB48fanboy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakadakana
    ITA, at least for Chance no Juban, you were more interested (even for a little bit) about the girls fans you didn't know so much. which is nice

12. sikanwan

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    ^ ... well ..... I would say I know those girls a bit more in general after becoming more devoted to the AKB48 fandom. I discovered that they were in Chance no Junban only at a later time. So it works more like the other way round.

13. TripleT

TripleT Kenkyuusei

tbh I don't see anything really wrong with Oku's behavior.

14. yoshie

yoshie Kenkyuusei

I wanna say that for me it was kinda similar. I knew the girls in Chance no Junban but for all the wrong reasons. I was new to AKB48 and the fandom and all my friends kept talking about Chance no Juban and how it shouldn't be the first song I listen to because "senbatsu" weren't in it; they kept emphasizing that it wasn't a "regular song" and it really just made me feel as if the song wasn't worth my time. Most of the time when I talked about the song all they could talk about was how only Acchan/Haruna got in and that there was no Takamina, Mayu or Yuko and in result I was more interested in seeing who these mysterious and all popular members of senbatsu were then focusing on the girls who were actually in the song. I ignored finding out more about the girls in the song and focused on looking into the members of senbatsu. This was the first AKB48 song I was introduced to and how I got into the fandom and though Ucchii could have become my oshi she didn't because I was more interested in Mayu, the popular girl who "surprisingly" didn't get in, for me as a new fan it was sensational; here was this really popular girl who everyone seemed to worship that WOULDN'T be in a single, I had to know more about her and how she became so popular in the first place.

I understand that this is a prime opportunity for some girls but all in all for new people just getting interested in the fandom like I was and who might have friends who have oshi's that are most likely in senbatsu the Janken songs seem like a troll move and all you want to do is look for the songs containing the girls you continually hear so much about because it seems to newcomers that they are AKB48, its not right but it's how I felt at the time, I just wanted to keep seeing Mayu and Yuko and Acchan because according to everything I had seen from magazines to commercials they were AKB48. The Jaken Tournament didn't get me more interested in the lesser known girls, it made me interested in Mayu who was already pretty darn popular...

hope i got my point across and sorry for the long post :^^;:

15. pongpaeng

pongpaeng Kenkyuusei

Depends on luck lol

16. doraemon423

doraemon423 Kenkyuusei

Well then I guess this kind of songs are more for fans that have already known them before Chance no Junban's release, and not really for people whose first AKB song heard was CnJ. For new fans, the whole thing will backfire, making it a "troll move" I guess. :/ But since CnJ wasn't really promoted that much, very few people had CnJ as their first AKB song I think. If Aki-p is doing this whole Janken thing as a publicity stunt to sell more, we can say that it backfired as it sold A LOT less. But since Aki-P is doing this again despite this, then I guess he's not really just after the money, but purely just to give the less popular girls a chance.

17. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

Let's be honest, Maachan was awful at being an idol and hated it. That's why she graduated =/

18. jjkwon_21

jjkwon_21 Kenkyuusei

Acchan for the win..
    BEST CASE SCENARIOS:
    Acchan Center
    Yuko Center
    Miichan Center
    Tomochin Center (i'll buy it asap xD)
    Kojiharu Center
    KKS / Team 4 Center
    Aimi Center [party] [hehe] :^O^: :drool: :cute:
    Double Center
    Tower Center
    Rotation Center
    Own Center (lol.. xD everyone has a version of the PV)

FINE CASE SCENARIOS:
    Any Matsui Center
    Team K / Team B Center

WORST Case SCENARIOS:
    SKE/NMB Center (then call it a collaboration single instead neh?)

But some insights on the CnJ single:
    I was already a fan way before CnJ but when I listened to it I found it a little to my taste than the B-sides (except for ALIVE which made me alive also xD). Overall, CnJ was a bit little like a weakness to AKB singles (for me, I gradually hated Boku no Taiyou the first time I listened to it 'coz it's a bit annoying to my ears and I don't like high-pitched songs (they go to my ears like my mother's sermons)) and Ucchi as center, that proves (to me) that any member in AKB has a chance to become center. But a repeat this year made this year a little bit boring (but if they somehow pull up a Hebirote + Beginner on me, I'll change my mind [hehe] ). I agree that they should not use Janken this year.. Aki-P please have some variety!.
    I wish the 24th single contains B-Side songs which complement the A-Side song rather than repeating a scenario in which people buy the single because of the B-sides only and the poor underrated senbatsu of CnJ (except for Acchan and Kojiharu :^O^: ) is ignored.. :(
    -end of comment for now-

19. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    With a list like that i sincerly doubt it.

20. TripleT

TripleT Kenkyuusei

lol I know it, she looks much happier after her injury break and she was too young when she entered the group anyway, but I mean I don't see anything wrong with her video.