1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[EVENT] AKB 5th Anniversary + 9th Gen Promotions - 10/12/08

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Jasey, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Hyper

Hyper Kenkyuusei

Re: [EVENT] AKB 5th Anniversary + 9th Gen Promotions - 10/12

Team J for Jurina48.
    1st stage to feature 16 solo songs for Jurina and 9th gen will be back up dancers.

No, really tho, I think we'll either see each team go from 16 to 19 (Aitakatta will be a death sentance :O)
    Or what I hope won't happen, 8 grads/transfers....

Maybe a new team? But 8 girls a new team does not make. They would have promoted some 10th gen to if it was that...

2. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira

^ Maybe they just haven't thought it out yet. MAYBE THEY'LL BRING OVER THE 4 SKE GIRLS WHO GOT DEMOTED + 4 10TH GENS.

I AM ASKING FOR WAY TOO MUCH.

3. Malachite

Malachite Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire

I feel the need to point out that it's really weird for you to be disappointed that your favourite kenkyuusei has been promoted.

4. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

@ET920: When team A first debuted there were 22 girls there, it was only years later that the 16-16-16 system was adopted.

5. aihime

aihime Kenkyuusei

9th gen promotions :omfg: !!

I'm glad AKB decided to break the 48 barrier (if it doesn't mean a mass graduation), because I thought because of the lack of graduates lately, the kenkyuseis would get a real shot at being promoted before the next cut. I hope this means good to the other gens too :) . Congrats girls!

6. Raiden

Raiden Kenkyuusei

OMG... MAIMAI WHERE ARE YOU?! :(

7. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

^In avex? [hehe]

8. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

^^ besides mai mai, why don't you say rinatin/ricotin where the heck are you ???

edit : too bad erepyon isn't here to celebrate with the girls and also naruppe too but chiruchiru is here

9. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

I'm scared here.... =/

no graduations, please.... Erena was more than enough for this year... [sweat] [sweat] [sweat] [sweat] [sweat] [sweat] [sweat] [sweat] [sweat] [sweat]

10. ET920

ET920 Member

The 16-16-16 system has been thought since the beginning. The fact that they made the debut with 22 was to give experience to all of them, just as nowadays there is a Team Kenkyuusei. And when Erena graduated, they replaced her with Yui, showing they are actually trying to keep the 16-16-16 formation. Doesn't make sense to throw everything away and keep now 18-19-19 teams.

Maybe a shuffle, Team K is still without captain, and Sayaka could be the captain of a new Team [nerd] Hmm... if I were a Mariko fan, I would be looking for a new oshimen...

And Maimai was in photo session while the performance was being done, in case anyone really cared :D

11. Malachite

Malachite Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire

^ If you're convinced that the 16 member team thing is here to stay then it would make even less sense for them to add a new team.

A = 16
    K = 16
    B = 16
    AKB = 48

Unless you're implying that they'll change the group's name to AKB64?

12. aihime

aihime Kenkyuusei

Yay, Mikachii came too (can I hope for AX2011?) :) !

If there is going to be transfers to SDN, I wonder who they'll be. I don't think it will be the front girls though.

13. lonewolfryuu

lonewolfryuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako

was that how my post ended up saying LOL!, no i'm real happy for my Nanchan, watching her at Ariyoshi was great cause she gets a decent screentime specially when she's on the field or just standing in the background, if the newer gens takeover, what show should i expect to see her more now since most AKB shows are packed with the regulars, assuming they'd put the promoted 9th gens along with them from now on, then all's well :)

14. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

@ET920: People have been telling that to Mariko fans since 2008 and she's still there standing strong [hehe]

15. ET920

ET920 Member

The new team is a joke (unless they keep 12 members in each). The announcement was prepared before knowing Oricon sales, so the new single didn't affect the decision. I am thinking that maybe, Aki-p is considering a renewal. There are several girls past 20 (yes, very popular but also with an expected idol life of one or two years more) like Mariko, Yuko, Kojipa, Sayaka, etc. And SDN is needing their third team now that they have released their (pretty successful) single. Graduating girls (even really famous ones) may affect wotas, but the mass market doesn't care about who is in the group, just the group itself...

And Mariko is one of the girls who misses most performances at the theater. And next year she is getting a radio program and a dorama, plus a movie... she will be like Acchan in Shuukan AKB/AKBINGO!

On the other side, maybe they promoted these girls to be able to fill the benches with members at AKBINGO!... [wonder]

16. lonewolfryuu

lonewolfryuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako

i think it's okay for the teams to go beyond the 16 person per team, wasn't AKB already using AKB48 with just Team A alone, or am i wrong on that one LOL!

17. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

@ET920: While it is true that its the brand name of AKB48 what sells nowadays, it would be pretty absurd for AKB to let go of their biggest assets. Yuko just won the elections this year, I don't see them moving her to SDN at all, because AKB would lose a lot of Yuko fans. Same with the other girls. The girls who have been moved to SDN weren't moved just because of age, but because they had medium popularity (the only kind of exception here was Meetan, but she was never as popular as Haruna, Yuko, Mariko).

EDIT: Oh, and Mariko must have the record for most theater performances missed in AKB history, but it's been like that for over 2 years now, and she's still there because she is very popular and AKB wouldn't want to miss on that.

18. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

Yeah they started as akihabara48 shortened in akb48 since the 1st day... (IF I'm not mistaken)

And Mariko is being "graduated" since I have memory...

I'm just afraid they'll graduating the low popular members... Chikarina, Nakata Chisato.... =/

19. Criss

Criss Member

Well... looks impossible to think in a AKB56 because well... its AKB48. Maybe they are promoted, but maybe they didnt act always as a whole team, maybe they work as a "Back up" juast as today.

Its strange, I dont know how they will manage this, but they must keep the meaning of 48 in some way. Graduations are a fact, 8 are not impossible, but why promote the reserves before the possible graduations? Will be very soon? December,January, February?

Its strange, we just need to wait. But I have to say, this turn on Red Lights on Mariko graduation.

20. aihime

aihime Kenkyuusei

^
    Well, Rie and Myao got promoted to Team A before that mass graduation, so I guess it's possible.