1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Fitness Achievement Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by freezingkiss, Aug 24, 2011.

1. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    Hello lovely ladies and gorgeous gents,

This is a fitness thread, and also a gym-music recommendation thread. What songs do YOU recommend for working out? It can be AKB or any other type of music that gets you into a sweat, and what did you achieve lately? Here's my tidbit:

I like listening to RIVER because it's got a really inspiring message, I also finally got up to running 9 minutes straight for this week, up from 1 minute like 2 months ago.

I'd love to hear your fitness achievements and gym music! <3

2. doraemon423

doraemon423 Kenkyuusei

Running 2.4 km at least once a week :D

3. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    i'm almost 200 lbs.
    i don't look 200 lbs so it's fun to tell people and watch them be surprised.

i believe most of my weight is in my legs/butt, so that's probably why.
    i want to feel good that i can squat 260 lbs 3x5 but at my weight that's kinda expected so i'm not that thrilled, haha.

4. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    I'm setting a goal to run 5/7 days this week! Good luck to me! <3

5. bluefullmoon

bluefullmoon Kenkyuusei

I'm 94 pounds. It may sound fairly light, but considering how I'm rather short I feel like I still have some fat I can lose :D Usually I don't actually listen to music while I'm doing my exercises, but instead I watch a drama or a concert or something. Makes me a little more focused on the show than the suffering :p
    I used to be super lazy, but now I'm constantly doing leg lifts and following Japanese magazines for their exercise tips 8D Hopefully I'll see some results soon ^^

6. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I've started falling into the fat side so I've started to exercise again. XD
    I agree that RIVER is definitely a great tune to exercise to. I use a lot of songs on my playlist but I particularly like to use Beginner, 109, Shonichi, Kisu no Ryuusei and Sakkaku XD
    Can't say much about achievement so far since I just started.

Maybe 9 - 10 weeks without smoking can be an achievement? It's the longest time i haven't smoked since i've started and i feel like i can say i've fully quit already. XD But my appetite has grown a lot since then...

7. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

Just hopped off the elliptical... 30min, 7km, 870 calories.

I've been pretty infrequent with my workouts over the past two months. Aside from today, it's been almost a week since I last worked out. I think September will be my last month to slack off before going back full bore.

Tomorrow should be water aerobics for an hour... I'll try to slip in a P90x Cardio or Core Synergistcs before hand.

I guess I'll work up to 4 workouts a week this week...

Shoot for 6 a week after 4 weeks... and maybe get up to 8 a week within a month and a half. 10 workouts a week after 2 months. Keep that until the holidays and then slack off for a month or two.

Ah, the violent cycle.

During that time cycle, I'd like to knock my 2.5k jog down to under 10 minutes.

8. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    870cals on the elliptical in 30 minutes?! That's really impressive!

I ran 8km today, in an hour. -___- So slow I know but I am working my way towards being fitter and faster! I did 12 minutes in a row and then 5-6 minute intervals, interspersed with 1-2 minute walking breaks. I want to own the treadmill!

9. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

10. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    Down to 66kg (145lbs) thank christ. Finally a manageable weight! From here I will get to 60kg! =D How is everyone doing with their workouts?

11. czy

czy Kenkyuusei

I have a couple of AKB songs in my play-list whenever I go for my runs.

Songs like Beginner, Flying Get sorts of give me more energy especially the last stretch of the run when it tests your mentality. Also gives me the extra energy to do a final burst. Lol :)

I have a ton of songs in my play-list, ranging from English songs to K-pop songs. I edited this play-list to include all the songs that will keep my mind occupied while running. It's pretty useful when participating marathon runs. :D

12. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

Blah, I've really fallen off the wagon... gotta love how work sucks you dry.

Hopped on the eliptical again today (probably only did it like 5 times since my last post)... but, I hit 926 calories in 30 min and 7.15km. At least my output didn't drop... can't say the same for my physique.

Tomorrow, I'm forcing myself to do some P90X and then hit up the pool.

13. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

Hate to re-post so soon after my last, but I guess I should log my huge failure here...

I didn't do what I said I would the following night, so I just ended up doing the elliptical again... Improved from the previous day going up to 964 cal/ 7.44 km in 30 min.

I guess that made me feel smug, so I hopped on the scale.... and I gained 15 frickin' kg in 3 months?!!? WTF!?!?!? Seriously! I mean, I stopped exercising daily for a while... but I'd still get some workouts in... and I don't eat a lot, so WTS?!?!?!?!

Did the P90X workout today and I'll hit up the pool tomorow... I'd throw in another workout, but I have too many meetings tomorrow to fit it in.

But, for funkin' real, man.... I was (and still am) bummed about the 15kg... aggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

14. czy

czy Kenkyuusei

I think you should give your body sufficient time to recover and rest. Lol, judging from your workout schedule. Probably it's your muscle mass eh ?

I'll always do some running in the night and end it off with some simple exercises daily after all my work. I try to avoid those oily food and restrict myself to fast food once every 2 to 3 months. Lol.

The p90x is very challenging. [rock] Unless you want to have fabulous defined muscles, otherwise I think doing runs and simple workout after your runs would be enough.

Just my opinion. :)

15. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    3.5km in 15 min. (I can in 12.30 min)
    75 push ups in 2 min. (55 only)
    60 sit-ups in 60 sec. (56)
    15 pull-ups continuous (only 8, I hate this :angry: )
    Sit-and-reach (only up to the 2nd line in my fingers, I suck in this :^^;: )

Its actually a military fitness test, I failed on it but I still follow the regiment. (enclose are my actual stats)

16. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

So, it's been about a month, now.

I stepped up the workouts a few weeks ago and went intense starting last week.

I'll run out and workout at lunch, alternating between a HIT session with lift-up push-up, reach through sit-up, squat presses, pull-ups and medicine ball jump shots. Do four sets with no breathers, and then either hit the rowing machine for 2km or hit an all-terrain machine for 15 minutes. The other days, I'll go for a 2.5-3km run.

Once the evening comes, I'll either go to the pool, do some P90x, or hit an hour of step aerobics (demon teacher... kicks everyone's ass... love it) and just goof around with a Zumba class on Friday.

Dropped my calorie in-take dramatically ... under 200 at breakfast, 150 for lunch, and then usually a nabe dish for dinner ... calories should hover between 800-1200 a day.

Dropped 8 kg in the past two weeks. Just hoping that my body doesn't get used to it too quickly and then I just plateau.

17. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

After that last post, I think I plateaued quite a bit.

I kept the workout pace and the low caloric intake... Can't really do that too long; you're body will just fight to keep calories inside. Over a span of two weeks, I had only lost like 2kg and it was so frustrating. I took a week off and ate like a regular person. I had also gotten pretty sick at the time, so it worked out. Didn't really gain weight during that time and was able to pick things back up after that week.

Gradually got back into my pace and started doing 2-3 workouts a day. Increased the reps/weight for my HIIT sessions and started running a bit more. After the week off, I was able to drop another 7kg in 2 weeks. After that, my birthday, Christmas, and New Year's hit. I was OK on my birthday and Christmas and only gained half a kilogram. After that, I think I lost 2kg but then gained one of the New Year's holiday (too much osechi and what not).

Kept with the exercises after the holiday and didn't really lose any weight over the next week. I went a few days off the diet for a day, and then went back hardcore and upped my workout output. I've dropped another 3kg over this week, so things are looking good.

I'm trying a few different type of HIIT/Tabata styles sessions, but some of them are only like 4 minutes. Sure, you beat yourself down, but I'm just used to long workouts. I think my HIIT session that lasts 15-20mins is pretty money.

I'm hoping to lose another 6kgs within the month. We'll see how it goes.

18. DavidPan

DavidPan Kenkyuusei

This is my weekly fitness schedule:
    Monday: Weight Training - Chest and Triceps for 70-80 minutes.
    Tuesday: Cardio (6.4 km run) and maybe Abs
    Wednesday: Weight Training - Back and Biceps for 70-80 minutes.
    Thursday: Cardio (6.4 km run) and maybe Abs
    Friday: Weight Training - Legs and Shoulders for 70-80 minutes.
    Saturday/Sunday: Cardio (6.4 km run each day) and Abs on one of the days.

I'm 183 cm and ~80 kg. I have yet to lose any weight from this schedule. [sweat]

19. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Normally I do some stretches and some basic workout routines then..
    I usually jog for about 3.5 miles.

A great fitness album is Tiesto - Parade of Athletes
    I recommend it, it is the music he performed at the Olympics Athens.

20. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I like listening to Team B Oshi, AKB Sanjou!, Beginner .. songs that are energetic and high. :)

But last night I had an idea .. I plan on watching stage shows and concerts during workout these days. I usually can't sit through them because they're too long for me .. but watching them while working out will save me a lot of time. So I'll see how that goes. Plus, I guess the crowd will help, too. :p