1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Football Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Discothèque, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Finally a thread to discuss the most popular sport in the world, football! Especially now the European Championship started a day ago but feel free to discuss anything regarding to football.

foot·ball (ftbôl)

n.
    A game played on a rectangular field with net goals at either end in which two teams of 11 players each try to drive a ball into the other's goal by kicking, heading, or using any part of the body except the arms and hands. The goalie is the only player who may touch or move the ball with the arms or hands.

There are some people in certain areas of the world who confuse football with a different sport so just to help them a little:

[​IMG]

2. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    The team for me:
    [​IMG]

Although I hardly follow them any more... been really bad at following football in general. The Euro's have just started but I haven't seen any games yet.

Also, I find it quite bizarre that there is a Great Britain team at the Olympics this year. What's the deal with that?

3. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Oh I can tell you Russia look like really decent team, they completely blew away those poor Czechs. Poland v. Greece was a snoozefest though, as expected.

Who do you think will win it? Spain? Germany?

I predict England bowing out after the group stages without a victory.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7UmvGSzCTE[/yt]

England is not a sovereign state, Great Britain is. I actually have no idea why there is an England team in football to be honest.

4. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

im also confused why england team is in football and not UK..

then when olympics, UK is present, england no.. [hehe]

5. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    ^ In sporting competitions, England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland all have different teams, not just in football, but in Rugby as well. To bring it back to football, they all have different leagues (actually, I'm not sure about Wales, but Scotland and England have completely separate leagues).

Anyway, its Holland vs Denmark and Germany vs Portugal tonight. I might actually watch a bit of them.

Looking at England's group, I'm a bit worried, it could end up like Discotheque said :cry:

6. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

^ thanks for that useful information.. ;)

you know what, even if a team is a power house like our Barcelona.. if was beaten by chelsea,
    if you have great players but lack of communication, then its useless. The ball is round and anything ca happen, england have possibilities to win, even if spain is the winner of the world cup 2010, right now im worried with the team, new players, new style of game, anything can happen.. just believe, but dont expect too much ;)

and tonight, i wanna see germany crush ronaldo.. :p [rock] [rock]

7. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Arsenal FC have apparently signed Ligue 1s top scorer Olivier Giroud. Can't say it's true since Sky Sports reported they had signed Yann M'Villa a few weeks back :D

8. hydeistaby

hydeistaby Kenkyuusei

I think arsenal don't need any forward, they have RVP , podolsky and the others, I think they're have a bad defence

9. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

^
    Remains to be seen if RvP will stay after the Euros though. TBH they could use a few more players and also clearing out a lot of the underperformers. They can't keep geeting chances when that's what they've had for the last 4-5 years...the likes of Diaby (perenially injured), Djourou, Squillaci, Denilson etc..

10. hydeistaby

hydeistaby Kenkyuusei

RvP has a contract until 2014 right? Yeah I totaly agree with you, why they didn't give young player to play like ryo miyaichi and chamberlain , they can be an great player if wenger give them more chance

11. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Nope, only until summer 2013 which is why it's rather worrying. With regards to Ryo and Ox, both will more than likely get their chances in the coming season. With Ryo breaking into the Samurai Blue Senior squad, I can't see him being loaned out again. I could possibly see Walcott leaving too as he's no nearer a new contract.

Would love to have seen Shinji Kagawa cme in but too bad he's signed for Man Utd where if they sign Luka Modric, I doubt he'll get a game unless it's Carling/FA Cup.

12. hydeistaby

hydeistaby Kenkyuusei

I think arsenal on crisis if RvP and walcott leaving :^^;: most of goal that arsenal have last season is scored by RvP, if he leave, it would be a problem for arsenal

13. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    England vs France tonight!
    I'm strangely quite excited.

14. hydeistaby

hydeistaby Kenkyuusei

^ ya it would be a good match, can't wait for it :XD:

15. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

If England come out with a draw it would be a good result. Gonna be a tough game tbh.

16. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

IMHO that's quite easy to predict. Spain is far better than any other team, perhaps it's even the best team ever (even though Villa and Puyol are missing). France, England, Italy, Holland...are teams 'under construction', they needed a complete clearout but they procrastinated over it for too long and now those teams are still too young and inexperienced. Germany is the only team able to confront Spain, they were the first team to begin the process and now they're ready. Of course, anything may happen in a single match, but anything different from a Spain - Germany final will be a surprise for me...

17. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Euros so far has been a snoozefest..I atually fell asleep durin both the England & Germany games!! :D

18. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    I thought the England result was quite good - more than we could have hoped for. And we didn't play terribly either, it was quite a solid performance. Hopefully we can get the results in the next games.

19. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

It was a good result not to lose. I was worried they'd get totalled!!! Seriously hope he doesn't start putting people like Downing in...that'd be a step backwards and one foot out of the Euros :tongue:

As for Spain, they better be careful and treat the games properly. Complacency will see them get knocked out. I was gonna say Russia are dark horse but after todays result..maybe not [wonder]

In other footballing matters... 7 points out of 9 for Samurai Blue!! Only 1 point out of 6 so far in comparison for the Aussies!! :D

20. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Wise words... [bow]