1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Football Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Discothèque, Jun 9, 2012.

1. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Well, Russia was lucky because its group was the easiest by far...but they didn't take advantage of it... :dunno:

2. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

^
    how they blew it is beyond me, especially after their demolition of the Czechs. So they kinda deserve to go out. Hopefully once the group stages are over, it's gonna be a bit more exciting because thus far, kinda found the tournie a bit lackluster? [worried]

3. cyjk

cyjk Kenkyuusei

Well, in today fixture, there is no surprise. Two strong teams, Italy and Spain qualify for next round.
    But, it's interesting to review Spain versus Croatia match. Croatia played well, even they almost scored if Casillas didn't tip the ball. But again the genius Iniesta made a magic move so he escaped from offside trap. [hehe]
    and for the last group match
    I can't wait for Wayne Rooney' return. [clap]

4. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    Well, I couldn't watch the last England game live, and was spoiled the score before I could watch it, so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow! I think we did well last time. And Theo came on and scored [rock]

5. Stankovic

Stankovic Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    TeamJuri
    Yeah, I'm dissappointed with this too. They got a really good potential in this Euro. They even got the easiest team (ofc not that easy but if compared with Denmark's, yes it is). When the first time they beat chezch, I already had a thought they would manage to pass the qualifications [hehe]

6. karles48

Don't forget Busquet's wrestling practice with the croatian player... [hehe] That's the danger of the spanish team, it seems nothing is going to happen but when you realize it the ball is already in your net... ;) After the first matches I think one of the teams that might be quite a surprise is Portugal, they (likely) have the best player and the rest of the team is good too...

7. Akanesora

Akanesora Kenkyuusei

GO FRANCE :awesome:

8. hydeistaby

hydeistaby Kenkyuusei

Rooney is BACK! [rock]

9. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    ^ And he proved it!

We won the group! [party]

(Even though we should have drawn...)

10. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Next game is far tougher :D Italy to unleash Balotelli!! WTH happened to France tonight? Seems like they forgot to turn up!!

11. cyjk

cyjk Kenkyuusei

@Jul3
    I think Ukraina's goal must be disallowed. Because Artem Milevskiy was in offside position before he passed the ball to Marko Devic. But the linesman didn't raise the flag in time.

12. hydeistaby

hydeistaby Kenkyuusei

^Ya! I agree with that, I think that's ukraina advantage since ukraina is the host of euro

13. karles48

Bear in mind that Sweden has been perhaps one of the best teams so far. In fact, although their group was tough the swedish team almost won the matches against Ukraina and England too...

14. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    Blatter says goal line technology need implemented. Like people have said for years.. but only speaks up after it benefits England. I bet if it was Spain or Italy, he wouldn't have said a word.

Between him and Platini, I don't know who is despised more in England. Platini for constantly messing about with the Champions league spots because he doesn't like to see English teams in the finals. After 3 seasons where 3 English teams got to the semi's, they changed the rules to try and stop that. He'd only be happy if they had a Real V Barca final every year.

15. Sarki

Sarki Kenkyuusei

So, I heard there seems to be some confusion in Germany regarding saturday's quarter-finals match against Greece. I mean, they want Greece OUT of the Euro zone but IN the Eurozone [hehe]

(Btw, I don't think Greece will win, but if they did, press headlines would certainly be funny :D )

16. karles48

Well, I don't think people here love him either...but I agree, he's a cancer and should have retired years ago (and Platini isn't much better than Blatter...). I believe that they should use technology for that kind of goals, sending-offs and other controversial incidents...but, of course, that would mean that the referees wouldn't be 'almost Gods' like now... :hmm:

17. Sarki

Sarki Kenkyuusei

The so-called PIGS countries advance to Euro 2012 semifinals. Of course I am refering to Portugal, Italy, Germany and Spain [hehe]

Now honestly, sorry for putting all these bad jokes. But the temptation to make analogies to the euro crisis is simply irresistible :lol:

18. ehf

ehf Kenkyuusei

England. :awesome:

19. cyjk

cyjk Kenkyuusei

I think England, or maybe Roy Hodgson planned to keep the game without goals until penalty kick.
    And also, one day before the match, GK coach staff gave the record of Italian penalty kickers.
    This plan run perfectly. But one penalty shoot from Pirlo has decreased the mental of England Player, especially Joe Hart. You can see Joe hart's expresion after Pirlo's penalty. [doh]
    I predict if Pirlo didnt shoot with a chip shot, England would be qualified to semifinal.

@sarki in this year we have no surprise team or called dark horses reach the semifinal.... [worried]

20. karles48

Well, Portugal is (in a way) quite surprising, because they were in the hardest group with Germany, The Netherlands and Denmark...however, Cristiano Ronaldo makes the difference...