1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Future Potential Sister Group General Discussion

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Merika, Dec 27, 2018.

1. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

The forum doesn't have haha button, so I give you creative. ;)

2. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Hokkaido is melon tho. How do you want to open a sister group if you don't know that?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Edward900

Edward900 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    Good luck trying to boycott rice ;)
    Before long, your rice withdrawal will come.
    Btw, you are no Mahatma Gandhi lol, doing such extreme actions will only harm yourself and won't make any changes. Want changes? Then go ahead and spread awareness, but don't harm yourself! You need to be smart, not obstinate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Boma Adhi

Boma Adhi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    松井珠理奈、小田えりな、茂木忍、瀧野由美子、森保まどか
    But, really, when I saw T8 concept announcement back then, I couldnt help but thinking that "Woa.. GMT47 is now a real thing.. Or they just borrowed the concept?"

Amachan was really popular back then when Team 8 audition was announced.

5. Toadell

Toadell Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yukirin, Zukki, Oochan
    Please AKi-p make this true
    JKT48 Team HK

----
    What about a new Onyanko Club?
    It could work...
    One in Brasil ,I strongly agree in one on São Paulo (A.K.A. STU48 team SP)
    Also with the one where they said Hawaii48 (HWI48)
    A sister group to MNL48 in the philipines in Cebu *Codename 48CB*
    One in Lima, Peru as AKB48 Team LM
    A Toronto48 in Canada,Or a NGT48 Team Toronto as they share the same flag colours.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Ugokanaide

Ugokanaide Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Moriyasu Madoka
    As a Brazilian I don't think a Brazilian group would work at all. While Japanese culture is largely appreciated here, girls singing about fortune cookies, paper airplanes and purity in their chastities just won't make it. I mean, stop anyone around my age or up to like 10 years older on the streets and tell them "aoi, aoi, ano sora". A lot of people will recognize it and many would actually get emotional. But tell them the translated version and they'll just blankly stare at you.

48g songs here would be, at best, so messy we would make memes out of them. Also, Brazil never had a culture of buying singles. We do it digitally, of course, but my first ever (and so far only) CD-single I bought was Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai, so I could vote in 2015's SSK. But not even albums would sell well, imo, because we are soooooo used to streaming these days. I know some people who buy multiple CD copies when their favorite artists/bands release a new album, but that's once every 3 or so years, not 3-4 times a year. I don't think that waiting 5 years for the country to warm up to them is exactly a blooming business. But I bet that if it happened it would be the group with the most hako oshi ever

If I had to put money on a western group I'd be all for Paris48, because everything sounds good in French

Lastly just adding up to my opening statement, we enjoy Japanese culture as it is so I want start a campaign called #ComeToBrazilAKB48 [hehe]

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    I think a Brazilian 48 group could be cute! Maybe a bit like Paquitas?

if the video does not show watch the video here

I don't know if a Canadian 48 group would work or not, we do have some local idol groups like Seishun Youth Academy and Pastel and we did have a maid cafe (Angel Cafe in Toronto, great place!) but it shut down last year. :( I think if we were to have a 48 group, it would have to be in Vancouver where there is the largest concentration of Japanese immigrants.

8. Toadell

Toadell Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yukirin, Zukki, Oochan
    Then sign me up for NGT48 team VC

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  9. trxsh

trxsh Member

Holy shoot, never thought I would see Pastel mentioned here. (Nicest girls you will ever meet btw!)

I didn't take the Canada 48 group suggestion that seriously but if it's already brought up I'll add my two cents.

While almost all Japanese franchises that have come here- here being the greater Toronto area specifically- have proven super popular right off the bat, for eg. muji, uniqlo, tsujiri, uncle tetsu/tetsu ojisan, pablos, etc. Those brands were all previously widely known in China and arguably the main consumer base for them started with the sizable Chinese immigrant population here. Even in China, however, Japanese idols are like a niche within a niche. Though the market for idols has grown a lot in recent years, it's mostly for Korean-style idols. So there wouldn't be the market for a Japanese style idol group the way there is for popular Japanese consumer brands here.

There are huge weeaboo communities here with anime conventions and such, like most cosmopolitan cities, but even among them there's not much interest in idols when you compare it to anime, jrpgs, etc. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely fans of jpop and idols here, but it's nowhere near big enough to sustain a something like a 48 group.

Another pretty important thing to consider is that the business and employment model of 48 groups does not suit the individualistic values of North American countries.

Lel, now I'm done discussing the possibility of 48 group in Canada as if it could ever be a serious thing. Something that could be a possibility is if AKB48 SH or TP manage to get popular in China, they could hold a concert here.

10. Ian905

Ian905 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizushima Miyuu
    @trxsh I still haven't seen Pastel perform yet! I used to go to the maid cafe where Minnie worked and she was always my favourite. <3

Living in Toronto, I really don't see a 48 group working here. However I do think it's not out of the realm of possibility in Vancouver. Seishun Youth Academy, based in Vancouver, is the first overseas sister group of Japanese idol group Seishun Gakuen. I think they might be the first official North American sister group to any Japanese idol group. They're still in their first year but they've performed on TV a couple times and recently held their first solo concert with 200+ people in attendance. Depending on how the future of the group plays out, if they're successful enough it might spark some interest.

I definitely don't predict anything coming here anytime soon, but I think in the future after they've conquered Asia if they were to do a 48 sister group based in North America, the best location would be Vancouver or Hawaii.

11. Toadell

Toadell Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yukirin, Zukki, Oochan
    China also offers some opportunities besides Sheyang,Chuking and Guanzhou:
    Jinan (A.K.A. AKB48 Team JN)
    Hohhot/Hushi in Inner Mongolia(A.K.A. AKB48 Team HS)
    Maybe Cape Town in South Africa (CPT48 or AKB48 Team CT)
    I guess China could get more AKB48China Sister Groups,or JKT48 getting a new sister group.
    South Korea may be another option,Though I don't think it should be a Group Based in Seoul.

12. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

If MUB48 and DEL48 is sucessfull, there is chance that 48group will be established in every major centre of film industries in India. We might get "Koisuru Fortune Cookies" in every Indian languages (Hindi, Telugu, Tamil.......)

13. naamincenter48

naamincenter48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Asai Nanami
    Not gonna lie, I want MXC48 to happen because I would love to audition :^^;: but I'm getting older (turning 20 soon) and I may be too old to join if the group ever becomes real haha

14. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Ok so...imma just revive this for a bit

since we now have CGM48 in Thailand, the 1st domestic sister group of BNK48

and from their announcement 4 months ago via VTR, they also mentioned 3 other places: Rayong, Khon Kaen, and Hat Yai...
    I got a feeling that they will also be putting in new groups in there in the near future

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    They never mention that they're going to do other group beside CGM48, 4 province are just for Beginner Roadshow only. ;)

mostly are came from fan expectation.

16. onego123

onego123 Member

In an interview several months ago Jirath(BNK's founder) stated that other areas had reached out to him to get their own sister groups*. He also said that if more sister groups do get made the most he's presently comfortable with is 4(BNK, CGM, ???,???), but whether they get made or not depends on how well CGM does.

*AKS has given BNK48 Office domain over all of Thailand. So if a company wants to make another Thai group they would have to approach them instead of AKS.

17. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    So, all 48G made by BNK's mgmt are going to be legit unlike in SNH's group?

18. welp

welp Next Girls

I don't think it will be another Thai sister group as I'm not so positive about the future of CGM48. Anyway, CGM48 is even partly invested by AKS itself so, it's definitely is legit.

19. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

People say the same thing about other groups. Make sure that you won't eat your words in the future. ;)

20. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Anyone mentioned Eito ? :1st:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019