1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa

if the video does not show watch the video here
    ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    https://hype.my/2019/170324/akb48-excites-malaysian-fans-at-japan-expo-malaysia-2019
    053.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0aqI_sp_In
    https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v...001612_n.mp4?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com
    https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v...065702_n.mp4?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com
    https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v...722737_n.mp4?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com
    https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v...663765_n.mp4?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com
    https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v...290556_n.mp4?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com
    063.jpg 064.jpg

https://www.malaymail.com/news/show...rings-sugary-sweet-music-to-malaysian/1775681
    054.jpg 055.jpg 056.jpg
    ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Photos: http://imgbox.com/g/lJ2QLb0XOP

002.jpg 007.jpg

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Japan’s AKB48, world’s largest pop band, brings sugary sweet music to Malaysian fans

No band encompasses the cotton candy appeal of J-pop quite like AKB48.

[Now that i am home and using a real computer, I can add some pictures and more text.]

"For Mion Mukaichi, the group's designated leader, it was an amazing morale booster to see foreign fans so enthusiastic about Japanese music and culture, especially since it was the members' first visit to Malaysia.
    “The moment we landed at the airport here, we saw all our fans with big banners welcoming us. That was very heartwarming and it made us so happy.

“Japanese people are very proud of their culture, whether it’s the food, the cities, or nature.

“To know that people from other countries love Japanese culture as much as we do, it gives us great happiness,” she said in an interview.

Mukaichi, 21, is thankful for having a close relationship with senior members who paved the way for the group and she hopes to do the same for the next generation of AKB48 trainees.

“Everything that the seniors have built up until today is very important, but we also want to challenge ourselves to give a fresher image to the band while conveying the foundation our seniors have built to the next generation that follows us.

“Overall, we are all close to our seniors. We don’t think too much about the senior-junior hierarchy between us, but they always have useful advice to give us when it comes to our careers.”

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 11.04.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 11.05.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 11.05.18 AM.png

https://www.malaymail.com/news/show...rings-sugary-sweet-music-to-malaysian/1775681

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Anyone remember those videos where Fujita Nana and Shimoguchi Hinana were stalking cute Kubo Satone ?
    Here is the Satone only version, in Osaka

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    So Satone is stalking herself? [hehe]

5. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
  6. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  7. welp

welp Next Girls

AKB's light interview with Thai Hyperlink, a Thailand based lifestyle website in Japanese. (Sound weird but they are some Japanese language media in Thailand, mainly catered to Japanese expats.)
    JPN>THA by a Pantip's user.
    Original source (with many photos)

You've visited Thailand some times, is it anything impressing you?
    Mukaichi Mion: The first thing comes to mind is turning 20 in Thailand.
    Everyone: (Handclap and cheer)
    Mukaichi Mion: In January 2018, I arrived in Thailand a day before my birthday for Japan Expo Thailand 2018. The midnight passed in a spa we went. I drank liquor for the very first time there.

That's a very impressive memory.
    Taniguchi Megu: I had wanted to try riding tuktuk since the first time I came to Thailand but, that time, I was brought to boot camp thus, I couldn't do so. The tuktuk riding wish came true in my 2nd Thailand visit.

That AKB's "Thai Cadet School Training" project. How was it riding the car?
    Taniguchi Megu: It was fun riding the open car.

Is there any impressive place?
    Oguri Yui: I went to a Thai market.

Was it night market?
    Oguri Yui: It's day market. A market local peoples went. They were fishes and meats and many goods looking so Thai. It looked alike a Japanese festival.

Many stalls lining up could look alike a Japanese festival.
    Oguri Yui: Many things I'd never seen were sold there. There was something that was pink beads in water packed in the bag.
    Okabe Rin: It looked kinda alike tapioca balls.

Was it sweet?
    Oguri Yui: Yes. It tasted bizarre but, after some bites, it somehow felt like eating artemisia (yomogi).

I guess that was tabtimkrob (dessert making of diced water chestnut soaked in red syrup and coated with tapioca flour).

Aside from Nagisa, all of you have visited Thailand some times. What about living in Thailand.
    Okada Nana: I definitely would love to.
    Mukaichi Mion: Huh? Living?
    Okada Nana: I like Thai food. Even when I'm in Japan, I often go to Thai restaurant. I can eat Thai food daily fine. I think I'll have no problem living in Thailand.
    Okabe Rin: But, the language ...

Language isn't a big deal. You'll find a way.
    Okada Nana: Besides, Izuta Rina is living in Thailand too.
    Mukaichi Mion: Of course

Izuta Rina can speak Thai very well after 2 years.
    Everyone: Uh. Awesome.

If language isn't a problem, what do you think about living in Thailand?
    Mukaichi Mion: Among various countries, Thailand feels most familiar. I'll rather live here.
    Oguri Yui: I too like Thai food and, as I have come to Thailand some times, I've learnt to go some places. I think it'll be ok to live here.
    Taniguchi Megu: The Thai is kind and cheerful. When I don't understand, they explain to me kindly.
    Sakaguchi Nagisa: After hearing all of you said so, I've started to want to live in Thailand.
    Mukaichi Mion: Then, let us all live here.
    Okabe Rin: If any of you living with me, it'll be fine.

All of you are ok living in Thailand. How about transferring to the Bangkok sister group, BNK48, or to the soon to debut in Chiangmai group, CGM48?
    Mukaichi Mion: There was an AKB48 in exchange student program, exchanged to JKT48 in Indonesia.
    Taniguchi Megu: I want to do that.
    Mukaichi Mion: It's doable.
    Taniguchi Megu: Kawamoto Saya did become exchanged student to JKT48 so, ...
    Mukaichi Mion: Better be exchanged to BNK48.
    Taniguchi Megu: If the chance comes, I want to try.

Whoa. I may see you here for real.
    Taniguchi Megu: A fortune teller told me I was fated with oversea. If the chance comes, I want to take the challenge.

Lastly, 1 by 1, please tell me what do you want to do in Thailand.
    Okada Nana: I want to visit various Thai restaurants.
    Okabe Rin: Yesterday, on the way to hotel, I saw someone driving tuktuk on highway. Since it's highway, the tuktuk roved fast. It looked enjoyable.
    Sakuguchi Nagisa: I want to drink bubble tea all the time.
    Oguri Yui: I collect photos of Thai temples I like and I've looked up Buddha statue photos. I want to visit various temples.
    Mukaichi Mion: I got close to Kaimook through BNK48 events. I would like her to lead me touring in Thailand, doing no work and just traveling.
    Taniguchi Megu: I want to visit photo taking spots with a BNK48's member and taking photos together.

Thank you for today.
    Everyone: Thank you.

Oguri collects temple photos? Temple trip is not that weird, just weird for a teenager. Izurina sounded like a very sweet person. She is always mentioned fondly if not funnily. Okabe had keen eyes seeing through that tabtimkrob was a version of tapioca bead. Some of them should come to live in Thailand for real not soon but in far future. Thailand, especially Chiangmai Izurina is moving to, is a good place for post retirement life. Dozens thousands elderly Japaneses are living in Thailand.

Stage performances were expected as they had on-going nation-wide concert tour, didn't they? I think this concert tour is a signal that SKE will grow out of regional to national group, rivaling AKB.

SKE and NMB have had different managing agencies so, their TV promotions depends on the connection between their agencies and show producers/broadcasters.

Are you betrayed? Fans invested for the idol, not the agency. They've never placed their trusts, never emotionally invested, on the agency. Ms. Yoshinari may run grey business and AKB's fans can be careless as long as no AKB's member has anything to do with that business. This is why AKS's controversial management won't significantly affect its idols unless the idol is directly shrouded into the controversy (neither Yoshimoto's).

I persuaded you? Do you know what may persuade a wota away from his idol? Fans will leave because AKB fails to meet his expectation/fails to keep his attention to the group or because he finds a new group he likes better. And, these are nothing I can do anything about.

Spite at the group I once cherished? Do you even know what is the group I cherish/cherished? Besides, AKB's system encourages fans to support individual members, not the group, so it's common that fans attacking other members not their faves. I've not seen many former fans attacking Korean or American groups they used to love. They just follow from a distant or just stop interested in the group.

Yet, those consumers are molded in Japanese cultures sharing similar social standards. They just have different tastes. And, this character of fans indeed is global. You can even see similar behaviors mentioned in a marketing article on American fan culture.

CEO is just the term K-pop fans call the boss of the company regardless of his actual formal title. Just like how AKB's fans may call Yoshinari Natsuko "president" although her formal title should be "managing director".

Whoops. It's in fact was 2 years. Not the point of discussion anyway.

And you said internet marketing = internet business, said promoting on SNS is not internet marketing ...

I believe it's the same for any idol group using handshake/hi-touch gimmick.

Most likely, it will be a number of fans who actually boycott but, the number won't be big enough to make critical hit. For example, I keep seeing BNK's fans complaining they gonna stop buying the merchandise from BNK48 Office due to poor quality and customer service. I do see fans said they/their friends actually had bought less merches, less CD. Yet, the sale has been fairly stable. Also, I notice that ones who actually leave tend to do so quietly. They leave because they lose interest on the group/the idol.

Seriously, do idol fans care that much about audio quality? I mean there is a standard baseline I demand but, definitely not a top-notch one. I rather listen to someone else if I wanna listen high quality music. K-pop idols never perform with live band 'coz no one give a shit unless it's singing competition. K-pop or not, most idols are below average singers. What's the point of superior background music when the vocal line is not so good? It'll be more pleasurable if the shaky/off-pitch voice is more noticeable?

Should not the organizer organize an idol concert with fancy visualization instead?

8. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Bad singing is emphasized by poor PA systems not hidden by it. Also one of the major reasons for singers being out of tune is they can't hear themselves properly, since the 48-groups started using in-ear monitors extensively at big concerts, singing has improved a lot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Nothing new really
    It's what Jurina has in mind all the time and why she's pushing her teamates since SKE48's debut (surpassing the mother group), even though she shifted to Nogi / keya, she still aims to bring SKE to n°1 48 group.
    And it's not as if it is their 1st (just an exemple)
    There are so many thing you don't know.
    Not only fans, but everyone cares when the sound system is so badly set that you can't properly hear anything.
    september 18th might give a good idea.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Keyakizaka sells 96kHz 24bit lossless digital download.

11. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  12. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Watching SDN stage from the lobby now.
    So far I think current akb has more...yabai songs. Lol :lol:

13. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Kato Rena and Muto Tomu, along with Nogizaka46 members Higuchi Hina and Umezawa Minami, appeared at a Hepatitis testing and awareness event.

[dead link]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. chaloner

chaloner Kenkyuusei

15. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:

16. welp

welp Next Girls

It's always better with in-ear but, those fancy speaker set up is another story. It will magnify everything, good or bad.

You can easily spotted few worse singers within a K-pop group despite in-ear and mediocre sound system.

K-pop usually uses backing track to hide vocal flaws in dance songs but, you can't use that trick in that concert with fancy speakers.

That was Jurina's personal opinion which not necessarily represented the direction of the agency and, AKS would never want SKE to outgrow AKB.

And, I already stated I had a minimum standard but those fancy shits were on another league.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2019
  17. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  18. Fezel

Fezel Kenkyuusei

19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  20. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    <# AKB48>
    Nana Okada / Satoshi Okabe / Yui Oguri / Yuki Kashiki / Narumi Kurano / Risa Sakaguchi / Mion Mukai / Tomu Muto / Ayaki Murayama / Moatsu Yahagi / Yui Yokoyama
    <# NMB48>
    Shirama Biei / Yoshida Akari
    <# NGT48>
    Honma Nichiyo
    <# STU48>
    Chiho Ishida / Yumiko Kanno

• Creative Creative x 2