1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    This, and Aki-P already have the Last Idol too.

2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

tbh Produce was very inspired by AKB's elections to begin with. I remember they even had to deny it when they got this kind of accusations back during the first season... Having a center and making everyone compete for rankings is basically AKB's concept of elections. I don't think AKB should do another Produce48 because of all the current controversies, Produce is over. But AKB can simply bring back elections but make it different? First, it would be good to give more rewards than simply having a position in a song. I mean, thousand of people vote and spend so much money on elections, why not make more rewards like the center also gets a solo debut, the Kami 7 get main roles for a drama of AKB, senbatsu members all get to have a solo photoshoot... The girl with biggest rank increase can also have a reward. This kind of things that will make things exciting... and then before elections, they could also do some little competitions like singing competition (less big than the one they do now), dancing competition and other things, that they can air, with backstage parts too and preparations, this kind of things like the documentaries that they did before. Basically it would show the girls working hard and their personnalities (which is more or less the same as Produce). Now if people want international fans to be interested too, then either management would have to provide english subs themselves, or fans should be motivated to sub it like how people do with Produce.

My point is that there is no need to do another Produce, and it won't be possible after what happened now... but AKB had all these ideas before so they could very well do something that have the same style and attract more people. But I also doubt they'll ever do this now, so... For now let's just hope they have plans to bring back some events and have new Tv shows :/

• Like Like x 12
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

5. mickwserr

mickwserr Kenkyuusei

they're the stupidest people in the world. i mean we all knew they were but this is simply ridiculous. what did they thought, that we would take their word for it and not ask if this is true?
    However from a business point of view, they're cutting everything that doesn't make profit, with the exception of RH and SSK.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Valdore

Valdore Kenkyuusei

I wonder what else isn't turning a profit...
    • Non-senbatsu members
    • Warehouse containing all their costumes
    • Theater
    I have a strong suspicion we will get some forced mass graduations soon in order to get rid of the non popular members. How much will affect the theater profits...unknown. I don't know how practical it would be, but what if they are transforming AKB more into like Team 8. No theater, but the members just perform across and outside Japan. It would be a drastic transformation to move completely from "idols you can meet" to "idols who go meet you" but it's kind of the same thing. "idols you can meet when they go meet you". I really hope that isn't the case. But I am fearful of 2020.

• Like Like x 2
  7. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    I would wait for something more valid than a rando tweet on whether or not there is actually redevelopment of the building. Just saying.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    It's not actually in the JR station, so I'm not sure JR East would be the right contact anyway.

9. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Is there any news of an AKB calendar for next year?, I don't see anything on Amazon or Rakuten

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    It's under the track -- which mean the space is owned by JR East.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    On Sunday, there was a story about Sakura in the NYTimes, which included this passage:

"My friend Mihoko, who lives in Tokyo, sent me a short story from 1928, “Beneath the Cherry Trees,” by the Modernist writer Motojiro Kajii:

'There are bodies buried beneath the cherry trees. Oh, yes, you can take my word for it. How otherwise do you think the blossom could bloom so splendidly? For two or three days it’s been disturbing me, that incredible beauty. But now at last I’ve got it. There are bodies buried beneath the cherry trees. You mark my word! …'

Just try imagining that each of these cherry trees, with its riotous mass of blossom, has a corpse buried beneath it. …"

The author also posted on instagram, so "another" sscr** posted a comment:

"Reading about becoming a cherry tree after death reminded me of 桜の木になろう, Sakura no Ki ni Narou, I will turn into a Cherry Tree, a hit for AKB48 in 2011."

and it got a like from the author, Hanya Yanagihara.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/15/t-magazine/japan-cherry-blossoms.html
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B45G8AjAwI7/

• Like Like x 2
  12. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    To be fair election is a free concept IMO, I agree with the reward. Kinda like what SNH did with their top 3 ssk

This!! When they added team 8 the first think I thought were "Jesus that's gonna be a lot of paycheck". They don't have to be forced to graduate, just transfer them all to another group lol. They should just lend the costumes to other groups CMIIW but there are costumes that they only wear for one performance and never to be seen again. I remember when other sister group talking about how they only have one or two costume for live performance while AKB seems to always get a new one everytime they went live. I don't think they'll ever abandon the Idol you can meet concept since with the amount of member they have rn, they could easily do multiple live events while still have sufficient member to do a theater performance.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    They just recently got 2 new costumes (not for a specific song) when they already have so many they don't even wear much so I guess it's not an issue yet. If they couldn't afford it they could first stop making new ones when they still have plenty old ones that are good to use. And although they could lower the total number of members (lower down to just 3 teams like it used to be without 4 and 8) cutting all less popular members would mean they couldn't promote at several places at the same time, for example, senbatsu might be doing a TV appearance (or even individual members might be doing photoshoots, drama shooting, etc.) while the less popular members still do theater. You need a large enough number to ensure that. Not to mention all the time off for health, school etc. reasons. And you can't have the same girls working the theater every day, especially when these girls are still mostly in school, since it would be too difficult for them to balance school and work together (that would just make many of the good ones announce graduation). So while they can size down by not recruiting any new young gens for a while and go back to 3 team system (thus requiring only 48 members or maybe a bit over 50 if they wanted a few extra vs the current 90 or so, so almost half the number).

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    10 years of 9th generation moments in 1 video
    Starting with Yuihan's promotion

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Ehh...they didn't include Paruru graduation?

16. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Team 8's salary is not even paid by AKS, [hehe] officially they are Toyota employees managed by AKS. And as far as I know eitos got paid better than regular non-senbatsu member. I am actually wondering how they calculate the eito in senbatsu members' salary. The 1.0s have same salary no matter how busy or vacant they are.
    For those who do not have kennin, their goodies is quite separate. Just like other eitos before the kennin began.

17. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    I wonder how long is the contract between akb and toyota gonna be and what happen if one day Toyota decided to just stop supporting team 8

18. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I can't say exactly about the contract with Toyota, but for sure Team 8 will be around unitill the end of paralympic games.
    They support handisports athletes.
    Look for Team Beyond

19. Valdore

Valdore Kenkyuusei

Either we are gonna get a 48-member mass graduation, or the popular members will be given the opportunity to transfer into Team A/K/B/4 or any of the other sister groups.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    Team 8 is disbanding again, it must be Friday

• Like Like x 1