1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    There is nothing you can buy right now that would enable you to participate in the upcoming online talk event. Unless they do a resale of the theater edition, you are going to have to wait until next single (which may or may not have online events).

For the one using limited edition code, you get 5-10 seconds per ticket depend on the member. (In normal nationwide HS it's 3 second/ticket, but real life does not automatically cut when the time is up). For individual HS ticket (the one that come with theater edition), it's 10-15 seconds/ticket for online events. Real-world HS is 8-10 seconds/ticket. (Yes, I have timed all of them)

2. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    The Team 4 stage yesterday was sung live so I guess we can assume all the current team stages will be performed live. It was a nice change!

3. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Yup. The K Stage was live too, which was a nice surprise tbh. (IxR stage didn't look like it was live so it's not like there are something preventing them from doing non-live version)

4. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    This year AKB18 15th anniversary will be held as a 98 song solo medley at AKB48 Theater to allow everyone to participate while also complying with covid-19 measure. The song each member will sing will be chosen by lottery, which will be live streamed on YouTube today (Nov 16) from 19:45 JST.

https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12637948458.html

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Sad News: No more 48G @ Kouhaku Uta Gassen 2020
    Em6emD4XYAAE9XA.jpg

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    different name same group.

i feel sad.... i've never experienced a kouhaku without akb so this is really weird

also mods: you could have told me to edit to a thumbnail instead of deleting my post entirely and not notifying me, it's a bit rude lol
    edit 2: nope, i'm just dumb and posted in the wrong thread entirely lol

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  7. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    I think AKB in Kouhaku is justified; they did nothing this year. Either way, I'm waiting for a new single and the lottery for the 15th anniversary.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Not surprised... if you compared how NiziU and Babymetal did this year, 48G were the silent majority. [hehe]

Thanks for the salt... my popcorn needed extra ;)

9. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Her twitter picture:

Em6296iUUAEKh56.jpeg

11. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    The end of AKB48 in the NHK Kouhaku might spell the end of the era, I suppose...

This is the first time since 2008 there won't be AKB48 in the Kouhaku. (AKB48 performed in the Kouhaku back in 2007.) Are they going to become the next Morning Musume or something?

For some it might be somewhat shocking, but I don't see anything real good from AKB48 that isn't KFC, and the Sakamichi groups are the thing over AKB48G these days, so it kinda makes sense, but it's still a sad day nonetheless to hear AKB48 is ousted from the Kouhaku, and maybe ever...

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    I am hoping it is spelling a wake-up call to the AKB48 management.

Though there seems to be a lot of progressive development recently -- sadly, combined with COVID-19, the changes aren't coming fast enough.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    as long as management can earn money, i dont think 48 will be disbanded. look at momusu, although the group is already irrelevant nowadays, idols(in japan) are still a thing even though public didnot support them that much. and for sure, they still made a lot of money unlike other disbanded idol. akb might survive but sister group probably depends on the management.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Yoake_no_Sora

Yoake_no_Sora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    AKB48
    Maybe its just me but I think AKB has more relevant J-Idol songs than the three Sakamichi groups and maybe even Hello project combined together. [ although I haven't listened much of HiP but the ones I heard were mostly meh ].

It is sad to see them being dropped when their sister groups are always striving to make it too. However I for one don't see their point in appearing anyways at least as an enjoyable act i.e. The same KFC from 2013 with a different WRLD48 concept and what not. Infact this kind of setlist selection is what always turns me off from AKB events. its like someone looked up YouTube view counts and decided this to be the song that everyone wants to hear every time.
    At this point Its like they haven't released anything in the past five years or so and thus keep performing songs from 10 years ago as a safe bet. Like a safe bet don't change it if its working and the truth is; its not working let alone doing your name as a relevant versatile artist any good. At this point I even as a fan would be quite happy if they just banned KFC and Hebirote from their setlist for the next 5 years. [ if they make it at this rate i.e. ]
    I think they should be more bold and perform more impactful songs like Team K songs and bright B sides rather than being a one trick pony. I see the list and see a couple of gimmicks whose kind of music although not preferred by all still made it because their kind of music gets people talking even if not always with a fan's perspective.
    But hey lets not lose hope because things are finally taking a turn and the results might just work. The management has finally changed thanks god. The New gens are finally on the frontline. They Have stopped underage Gravure mostly, Covid 19 has shown the management how dependent they are on fans for any chance of survival and so I expect the number of fan related events to only grow, We are getting a long overdue undokai [well kind of ] and the members are finally opening YouTube channels. Now the only consistent thing they need to do is to churn out out at least 3 singles a year [ 2020 was 2020 so you can look past it ], At least they still haven't sacrificed quality for quantity and their music still keeps me hooked even after many familiar faces left.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    But at least they didn't sell less than a million copies! And they sing live! And... And...

Enjoy this year's Kouhaku, @sscrla old man.

I had so much more to say but some of you wouldn't like it. I feel sad for all those Indian or Thai idols that won't have a chance to shine.

17. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I mean to be fair, this wasn’t really an AKB issue. Almost Every act appearing on Kohaku performs their most famous songs, not necessarily their newest release or even something that was released recently. It’s just that viewers want to hear the hit songs they already know and love. Kohaku isn’t really designed for people to discover new music.

I mean, some of these enka acts have performed the same song every single time for the last 30+ years.

• Like Like x 3
  18. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    BNK is going pretty well in Thailand and Indian groups were on hiatus so idk what you are talking about.

EDIT: Was saying Indian group disbanded --- fixed to say it's only on indefinite hiatus.

19. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    That's not surprising.

20. Mana

Mana Under Girls

That's sad news :/ a few days ago, I saw the line-up for the upcoming FNS and AKB wasn't on it. I'm not sure if FNS release all the line-up at once or in different parts but so far AKB aren't on the performers list and that was already a sad news, but now they're excluded even for Kouhaku. Actually, if I'm completely honest, I expected them to stop being invited since last year so I'm not too surprised. But this is still sad to see that AKB is not being invited to big events anymore ._. However they are invited to perform on Best Artist 2020 so I guess that's at least one good news and something that we can look forward to.

I've been thinking about this but it's really a waste that AKB didn't do anything when their b-side Saikyou Twintail became popular on TikTok. It's a b-side with Yahagi Moeka as center, it became popular while she was still in the group btw, and this song has all young new gens from 48 groups. The song had a little viral moment in TikTok and management did nothing... I don't understand :/ They could have performed it on TV, music show or anywhere. a lot of people actually knew the song without knowing that it's AKB's song. I feel like management is really not trying. They waste opportunities like this to have new hits. in comparison, every other group tries so much to have a song/dance to go viral on TikTok and promote like crazy...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2