1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The teams haven’t been relevant since they failed to deliver the new stages in 2013 and started shuffling them almost yearly. It doesn’t really make sense to have them around when they are barely able to get together and all they do is perform almost 20-year-old songs with different line-ups. In a way, I understand the decision.

Still, it’s shocking that AKB is letting go of such a distinct aspect of the group, but I guess Universal wants to try new things.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. lyl

lyl Kenkyuusei Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    i think at this point i must consider wota sotsugyou

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sarachuu

sarachuu Kenkyuusei

I was initially surprised that they would dissolve something that has been so integral to akb since the beginning, but like everyone else is saying, teams haven’t been important for a very long time. I’m curious to see how theater performances play out, but overall I don’t think it’ll impact the group much.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Fun fact: since AKB48's creation in 2005, every 3 years, AKB48 has massive innovations

1. 2005: creation of AKB48
    2. 2008: first sister group (SKE48)
    3. 2011: first overseas sister group (JKT48) & rival group (Nogizaka46)
    4. 2014: Team 8
    5. 2017: Produce48
    6. 2020: OUC48, from ouchi means house an alias used by AKB48 because of the covid pandemic, members performed from their houses broadcasted by showroom
    7. 2023: Out of 48 & AKB48 new concept that is no more teams tho no teams concept had been applied by several sister groups earlier

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Azumi

Azumi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Maeda Atsuko
    AKB48 was my youth
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    At least they have team songs and MV although they rarely perform it lol

I think universal is just their distributor? I think the decision lies mostly on DH

Anyway, now they allow u to record during concert? Wow japan has changed a lot

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Recording a few songs is a thing for quite some time now (can't say since when), Eito performances did that a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    They called it “shooting time” as far as I know, Eito has been doing that since their old old national tour. I remember the AKB48 National Tour in 2019 allowed record during the shooting time so as the Fresh Concert last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Even in AKB that isn't something new. Twitter becomes a painful experience.

10. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    Team 8 = Hiatus
    Team A,K,B,4 = Disband

Favoritism!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Actually I think AKB48 has too many members to be not split into teams

AKB48 has more than 80 members, contrary to sister groups that are teamless earlier, each of them has only like 30-40 members or even less

Last edited: May 1, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    To be quite honest, I barely know which team each member belongs to, but I do know more members now than I ever knew before. I know almost all of them, actually. To be fair, I was 10 when I first started following AKB, so in those early days it made sense that I would have a hard time looking up stuff about the group and knowing all the details. That being said, though, I find I never got to know the members specifically by team. I just had a vague idea of who was where. So to me personally I don't see the teams as something valuable in order to get to know members. Plus, teams haven't mattered for a long time now, and this is an opportunity to promote the group as a group. Fans may even be exposed to girls they wouldn't normally be exposed to depending on how the theater stages are going to work, who knows? All in all, I can't say if this is a positive decision, but I think it at the very least makes sense, as opposed to a lot of other decisions by management recently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Madscientist

Madscientist Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Manakuru
    No, that's even make it more harder to notice some girls with 16 members performance coming back and they perform as the whole group, how they are going to rotate the member line up for each theater performance too ?

I like 8nin theater as a team more, it's easier to notice each of them

15. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I would put money down that either the team “disbandment” won’t last more than half a year before teams are reformed, OR that they will be put into “teams” right away again but they just won’t be called Team A, Team K, etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

I have the feeling that the team disbandment is to solve the problem of overbloated and the constant need to keep it bloated due to having an extra team but they are too chicken of the consequences of disbanding Team 4 only twice. Hence they just disband all of them and from scratch create new division.

17. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    Personally I like 16nin stages more. With only 8 members the stage looks too empty and the energy just isn't the same. The formations also look kinda weird. I get that looking for girls in the backrow is annoying, believe me, I know. I'm a Miichan fan, she was always in the worst possible spot. But it's not impossible to see the girls in the back row. Besides, the stages have units (not to mention the MC portions), so every girl would still get a chance to be noticed even with 16nin performances. Additionally, with the teams gone, fans who maybe only went to the theater to watch one specific team might now be exposed to girls from the other teams as a result.

As for how they will rotate the line-ups, I don't know. And that's precisely why I think the outrage at this change isn't warranted. We have no way of knowing whether it's going to be a good or bad change for the group, so I think waiting to see is the way to go. Not to mention that they might, like said above, create some other type of division, it simply won't be Team A, B, etc. And this will also probably not affect the theater girls much, they'll still perform just like they used to, so I don't see any outright negative sides to this decision.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

NGT actually has only 14 promoted members and 10 kenkyuusei... it's crazy!

19. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

That’s 24 too many.

I think teams will be back eventually, but it’ll probably be just A, K and B. With Team 8 gone, it feels “incomplete” to have a Team 4 hanging around when the rest of the SG only have three.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1