1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Summer Side > *

2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    As much as I don't like the guy, I think you're comparing overall sales of DouSuki with first day sales of Moto Kare and HisaLip.

Stage48/Wiki48 tracks Oricon more than Billboard, and 48RH tracks Billboard more.

I also think, rather than downplaying NmHmR, the intention of the tweet is to show that AKB is growing steadily and increasing their sales with every new release

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Just he wrongly claimed SKE overtook AKB by comparing Doushitemo 1st day to Suki Nachatta 1st week.
    And did not issue a correction, despite People telling it was false.

So it's crossing some lines.

4. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    You're right, I'm not sure why that happened. He even made a tweet previously where he said DouSuki sold 473k in its first week:

Screenshot 2023-07-16 at 12.31.53.jpg
    https://twitter.com/48RequestHour/status/1653165226781491200

The tweet states sales for the week of April 24th to 30th, DouSuki was released on April 26th.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

That account spread many false news for fame many times before. The admin even blocked people who showed that he was wrong and keep those wrong information to make fans confuse. That behave is awful.

He intended to do that to make buzz and war between AKB fans and SKE fans. He liked many tweets where people joke about AKB flop or fail hard.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

AKB's performance on Ongaku no Hi (07/15) here:

YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL_V4iz_ar8
    Bilibili: www.bilibili.com/video/BV19M4y1x7Bj/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/HEARTSTATION648/status/1680092269595222016

I love this performance!! I like their colorful outfits, and everyone looks so good <3

Yuiyui centered Everyday Kachuusha and Yuiyui + Hiichan centered Namida Surprise!
    (Yes this is giving me hopes for a Yuiyui center single XD)

This was on Yukirin's birthday so she went in front at the end of Namida Surprise!

0.jpg

:inlove::inlove::inlove:

• Like Like x 5
  7. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi

Many Japanese fan and news accounts have him blocked too because he continuously steals tweets and doesn't give credit. I know onigiridouga3 and HEARTSTATION648 also have him blocked and the former at least has called him out publicly. I also blocked him on 48RH and his other fan account because he kept posting information that I'd posted first and then private-quote retweeted me when I called him out on it. No idea what it says, but the fact he did it with a private account so I couldn't see it says more about him than me :shrug:

Some of it is surely petty and like "I tweeted it first so I should get the credit," which is childish to a degree. But given the fact I did help him with the account in the early days, i.e. helped him count votes for the first two or so request hours/senbatsu sousenkyos he held and which made his account popular in the first place, I feel like it's just a bit shameless to not give credit where credit is due. Also with the Japanese fan accounts, many of which are the primary sources for so many international fans because we can't watch Japanese TV easily or attend concerts. I don't get his aversion to retweeting and why he has to repost.

Also @48RH, if you see this, I don't care. I don't mind calling you out publicly where you can see it. I know you have a Stage48 account so I know there is a high chance you will. Yes I'm bitter.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I do not think stealing translation is petty. That counts as a serious ethical misconduct and it is horrible how such page got this big... not to mention its tendency to spread hoax. I feel you regardless.. these kind of behavior is such a kill joy

I guess we take it for granted how accessible akb related info it is for us... and a lot of them making use of this kindness to get clouts

In other fandom (back then, not now), we have to work hard for info and materials. Like for JE fandoms.. back then we have to join each fanbase livejournal and we go thru some stringent selection. It is not just "sign up" and voila! we got registered.
    And if we share things without credit, these fanclubs threaten not to post new stuff lol. So we used to beat up (not literally) these plagiarizers because we dont want to lose our only source of info.

Similarly, d-addicts fansubs can threaten to stop subbing if ethical breach were found. Like i remember pb fansubs stop fansubbing one drama because kioku fansubs suddenly (without prior announcement) starts subbing the drama too. Too bad because pb fansubs subtitle is much better

Ofc now information is being disseminated easily.. so yeah...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    No. DouSuki's first week according to Billboard was 473,635. The issue is that 48RH is comparing first day sales of both DouSuki and NemoHamo with first week sales of Moto Kare and HisaLip in order to fake a trajectory.

... Which is only possible by downplaying NemoHamo.

I should probably go back and find the post you were quoting to see if there's additional context I'm missing, but the backlink doesn't work so eh.

10. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

The problem is that many people (his fans (?) and trollers) support him to spread the fake news, so... :gavel:

11. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Not to be racist, do him and most of his fans come from a certain country where one of the intl sister group is based on? If so i think they will still probably thrive because their fans can be lunatic

12. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Okay yeah I get it now. I thought it was first week for everything and the person I quoted was showing first day sales instead.

Here's the link to the post I quoted: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/general-the-akb48-thread.180/page-1430#post-1801161

I don't understand why anyone would want to do that. I can't imagine that was genuinely the intention? I just think he's not kept very good track of numbers and mixed them up. If you look at the numbers as they are posted, then it looks like they steadily increased sales with every release. I get that the numbers for the 2 singles in the middle are incorrect, but it doesn't feel to me like he was intentionally/maliciously trying to make NmHmR look bad. Why would anyone care to make a single look bad? Make a group look bad, fine, but a song? What would he gain from that?

No, he's European. I have noticed a lot of his followers seem to be JKT48 fans, but I think that's just because a lot of them are on social media and speaking English, compared to the fanbases of other sister groups who seem to be more comfortable in their own language circle.

Also, the account (48RH) had an official request from Vernalossom in the past for collaboration and MNL48 Sheki held a Q&A on that account. Overall, having a popular English speaking account is great, but it's just one guy running the whole thing and he's ruining his relationship and reputation with other news based fan accounts.

• Informative Informative x 7
  13. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

I was the one who he blocked after I noted down that he was wrong in Nemohamo Rumor data. And he never fixed that, so... intentionality or not was not important, the problem lied in his behavior.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    AKB48 will be attending the 55th Plumbing Equipment and General Equipment Exhibition in Tokyo on 7/25 where they'll give a 30 minute talk at 11:30:
    https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000015.000058505.html

(It doesn't sound quite as glamourous as the Japan Expo in Paris, France where Sakurazaka46 performed on Saturday but hopefully it'll still be a success...)

• Informative Informative x 3
  15. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    :XD:
    [Yuuki no Hammer] time? The tools will be perfect for plumbing stuffs.
    [​IMG]

But seriously where else does AKB48 and Plumbing intersect?

Apparently members who will attend has been decided:
    https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12805276648.html
    https://twitter.com/AKB48_staff/status/1663470575938072578

[​IMG]
    Odaeri, Yukirin, Miion and Yukinee!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    AKB48 just reached 900k monthly listeners on Spotify, now very close to 1 million, omedetou :1st:
    fmq51b.jpg

-1bndmj.jpg
    Seventeen is the most played AKB48 song on Spotify last 30 days. As expected that AKB48's popularity on Spotify is carried by Indonesian/JKT48 fans as Seventeen is popular among JKT48 fans but since JKT48 version hasn't been released yet so they listen to AKB48 version, at least until JKT48 version gets released

But yeah, as a Jpop artist, AKB48 doesn't sing theme songs of highly rated animes, doesn't have songs going viral on Tiktok, & I don't know which members of today's AKB48 who speak English. So how AKB48 can get popular on Spotify, the most popular music streaming app worldwide? So indeed need to thank to JKT48 fans

I've been told that AKB48 fans or idol fans in general in Japan prefer to use Line Music while Spotify is more popular among anisong & vocaloid fans. But since Line Music service is only available in Japan, so Spotify measures international fame better, as well as Apple Music. Most Japanese musical artists popular on Spotify & Apple Music are because they usually sing popular anime songs, or have songs viral on Tiktok, or they're fluent in English so they can attract international audiences

Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Maho x Erii short video from ANA:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
  18. welp

welp Next Girls

I read that Line Music was the most popular music streaming platform in Japan in general.

In term of oversea expansion, to start within Asia is more pragmatic/realistic. Asia's 4 biggest entertainment markets are
    Japan
    Korea
    China and,
    India
    China and Japan are isolated. Korea and India are impossible to set a foot in. So, these markets cannot be used as springboard to better international reach.
    Then, there is Thailand, possibly the fifth largest. Thai market is smaller than the 4 giants above by a long long shot yet, it is within a realm of possibility for a Japanese group to carve a space within this market and, Thai homo romantic drama has a solid international following. (Biggest consumer is China followed by Philippines possibly.)
    Perhaps, if DH collab with GMM TV to produce a lesbian drama, it possibly will garner some foreign attention to AKB48.

19. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    In all seriousness, Thaïland isn't an option, for 2 main reasons which don't require particular explanations.

And seeing how things are actually turning, oversea is surely the least of management's concerns.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    This is preposterous.

As u stated urself, it is a MUSIC streaming service. The languages the member speak has little bearing on how much people listen to their song.
    It is funny how u mention anisong singer. That alone is enough to bring down the rest of ur argument. Jpop fans listen to jpop because they are in japanese (esp those weaboos,in a good way) or because they are a jpop group with japanese vibes on it. Either way, very few is going to think "ah this song is in English / the members speak English .. let's listen to it!".

Akb does have an english speaking members (hirari, rena, etc). But those english speaking members never become popular even overseas not when their personality is not relatabe by either japanese or foreign market. The most popular jpop or anisong or virtual singers (ado, etc) did not speak an ounce of English. But they are popular. Look at ado and the english cover despite ado not being in huge agency until recenntly

Before anyone says "well ... but BTS relased an English song and they are successful. They also speak decent english". Well they are successful because they are BTS, because the song is a bomb regardless of the language, and because they had put a lot of money on its marketing. Dynamite was shoved into our face everywhere. Bts was invited by the UN or whatever it is.. u get my point.

Arashi and even JKT tried to churn out english songs and they did not manage to upsell their original language songs anyway. It is enough to make us excited but noone is gonna put on it repeat just because they are in English. That would be a simplistic way of looking at things. Not to mention they bucther the English anyway.

It is true they could have marketed their songs better. And it does not always mean to english speaking members, just make their content accessable and be english subbed.

it is presposterous, in anyway, to say that akb sells that good because of one sole reason that is jkt. And even more preposterous to suggest that is because "jkt speaks english"*

Last edited: Jul 20, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3