[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    Re: THE AKB48 thread!

I get their point. But that's taking it just way too far. And that's not really a problem with her per se; more so the managers and parents.
    Again. She's seven. I just think it's way too young for her to be able to handle this level (and lower order level) of criticism (she might take it the wrong way I fear). Maybe when she's older, fine, but not this young.

I think she might have come off as too "bitchy" and a tad too much "high-class Shibuya gyaru" for some. Especially the women.

If Egashira 2:50 doesn't top that list, it's pointless :awesome:

2. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

And I reckon since these were voted by women, they might also vote other women down for jealousy. [think]

Also since they're quite popular they might come into mind first as well. And the more someone is exposed, the easier it is to find something about them to criticize. [wonder]

3. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

Was gonna say the same thing. I'm pretty sure it's mostly her attitude that got her into the ranking.
    As for Mana-chan, it's probably simply because people get tired of seeing her on TV all the time. Still, how can you not love her?

Hey, nothing's wrong with Ega-chan. That guy is a living legend. :D

4. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

The women might care to totally differ on your point. :p

5. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

:hmm: I wonder what a 7 yr old kid think about being branded as one of the most hated women . Don't they have laws to protect children from such inconsiderate survey.

I only know 4 idols in the list (Aachan, Tomochin, Sayumin, and Tsuji-chan) and I think they are the most active among their respective groups and most noticeable.

Does that mean women hates idols that are usually seen in TV shows or getting famous because they are kinda different from what idols are expected to be? [think]

6. Kokuhaku

Kokuhaku Kenkyuusei

Mana chan would be thinking "Oh, I've become a woman now" :rofl: :rofl:
    I don't know what they expect idols to be. Compare to Acchan and Tomochin, Mariko should be the most active and she's known for being adults' favorite. I guess it's more of the matter of taste. They may classify those 2 as immature :fp:

7. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I agree that many 'negative votes' people got might come from jealousy and that Tomochin's image doesn't leave anyone indifferent, either you love it or you hate it...

Well, I guess that if someone is old enough to be a celebrity (and it seems there aren't laws against exploiting a 7 yr old child), that person should be old enough to face criticism, too. Of course, she didn't ask to be everywhere, so her parents / managers / ... are the ones to blame, not the women who answered the survey.

8. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

I would think it's more of the latter than anything out of jealousy. Why would anyone hate someone you're trying to be, but cannot? Hypocritical, otherwise, at least that's how I see it.

Problem is, at least in Western societies, it's incredibly rare to see someone as young as her being really famous as an actress. I don't necessarily think that that connection between choosing to be a celebrity and criticism handling can stand in this case.

9. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

The thought of so many women voting that they dislike/hate a 7 year old is just wrong .. maybe it's a cultural thing in Japan that we just don't understand .. like the way people there treat celebrities and such .. but to me, it just feels wrong ..

Personally, I think even hating Jurina, a 14 year old, is wrong. Just think about it .. how well can a 14 year old deal with criticisms and negativity? Even a lot of adults have trouble dealing with criticisms and negative emotions ... I think it's harsh for a 14 year old to carry that kind of emotional trash within her ... That's why I was also against people hating Miley Cyrus a few years back =\

10. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I don't think it's wrong, because I guess they weren't voting against a 7 yo child but against something that they thought was annoying in one way or another. If you're having dinner in a bar and the baby in the table next to yours doesn't stop crying, you won't end up hating the baby, but the bother he's causing you...and, in Mana's case the ones to blame are those who put her in the spotlight...

11. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

I think you are underestimating the amount of hypocrisy that there is in the world. Besides, it doesn't necessarily mean they're trying to be like them, jealousy could be of the level of success or of having a glamorous life, of even for their eyes or complexion, who their boyfriend is, why someone so ugly could be so famous, because they're born from a good family... etc... etc... Yep, it's shallow but there are a lot of shallow people out there.

Besides, how are these people who fill up these surveys selected? I don't know how the tabloids are like in Japan but isn't Shukan Bunshin a tabloid? Doesn't that attract a certain kind of demographic who'd fill up surveys and forms in a manner that would likely confound results more than, say a totally random sample from the entire population?

So I'm really wondering whether the results of a tabloid's survey would really even matter beyond entertainment. [think]

12. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

Yeah, I can kind of see that. From the perspective of the people being interviewed - maybe they were just thinking "Who annoys me the most?" and they answer whoever that popped out in their mind. They probably weren't thinking like "Oh, I dislike/hate that 7 year old girl!!" .. lol .. I guess the survey title of "most disliked" makes it sound a lot more serious .. [hehe]

13. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

Still it was just a 1000 women and the canidates were all female japanese celebrities, for all we know then is that Mana could have gotten maybe 30-50 votes in total and if the demographic was in an neighborhood area where they mostly asked mothers with young children and thought her a bad example or maybe mothers that feel their daughter are more cuter and wonder why their child didn't get selected for a commercial/magazine/spokesperson when a "typical" child like Mana got selected could be a reason.

14. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

Lets look at the positive side of this survey like:

Publicity whether good or bad is still publicity. [rock]

15. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

Yeah I know. Still worth pointing out, though.

/end thread.

Like most tabloid articles, it's only there to generate commotion and attention. (Just like nearly everything in ACA/TT, to take an Aussie perspective). I think Acchan and Tomochin would have realised this already. Poor Mana, not so much, due to age. Them managers better handle this so-called "news" to her properly.

16. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

Various bonus materials from the "Shukan AKB" Vol. 13 box.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hki4tSJ-jY0[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX-SQNgj2N8[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUFM_zD8qJg[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOuz5wsU1RQ[/yt]
    Also...

Making #68/70
    Making #69/70
    Making #71
    Making #72
    Unreleased Footage

17. Criss

Criss Member

18. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan

^ My Haruu :XD:
    [​IMG]

Yeah I love it!!!

19. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

OH MY GOD .. Kobayashi Kana .. why .. why does the management keep pushing her? She wasn't even ranked in the election .. shouldn't someone who got ranked get the role? For example .. Matsui Sakiko? Fujie Reina? Nakagawa Haruka? .. 0_____0 ..

20. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

She's part of Office48, and so are the rest of the girls except for Sumire and Shimada (that we know of at least).

And so what if she didn't rank? Those girls are the ones that don't get any promotion. Part of the genius of having so many girls in the same group is that theoretically there should be a girl for everyone. If they don't show them all off, they're wasting their money and the girls' time.

I don't even like Kana and I'm glad she got this.