1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    Re: THE AKB48 thread!

^
    Eh? You're back? :D

2. Issen

Issen Kenkyuusei

Seriously ? :fp:

3. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

yic17: I don't see you complain about Shimada being included. [aup]

Also, why push someone that already DID rank high? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of "pushing" and AKB in general?

RocketStarLauncher: Couldn't have said it better.

4. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

- Shimada Haruka in my opinion is younger and newer - she has potential to grow so I have no problem with her being pushed.

- I'm not just talking about this particular case with Kana. Also like in TV shows, she seems to show up a lot more than the girls I mentioned - Fujie Reina, Matsui Sakiko, and Nakagawa Haruka who were all ranked in the election. Yet Kana shows up more often.

- If it's about being in the same agency (Office48), then that explains why. But I was just wondering why many of the girls who got ranked in the election didn't get this opportunity but Kana did. Which I thought was odd.

- And yes, personally I don't like Kana and that's why I felt surprised that she got this role instead of others.

5. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

It seems yic17 is getting crazy with Kana. He's been like that at [DISCUSSION] why wont you like my oshi!? EXPLAIN IT TO ME =(

Maybe Kana has a good working relationship with the staff and would rather choose to work with her than other much talked about girls. Like they say it pays to have PR skills. :^^;:

6. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

^ Well, many people at that thread dislike Kana though. Not just me.

I'm just surprised she got this role instead of other girls who I think should deserve it more - as I explained above. But if it's due to her being in Office48, then I can understand that.

@HoneyRoastedPeanuts

By the way, you asked why push someone who already ranked high. Well, the thing is .. I feel like Kana is being pushed more than both girls who got ranked and girls who didn't get ranked. For example, when was the last time you saw Nakaya Sayaka, Misato, or Miku on TV? I rarely see them if ever. Yet Kana shows up on TV quite often. So it surprised me that she got yet another role on this instead of other girls who were ranked in the election. I just feel like she is being pushed a lot more than many other girls in AKB and thought that's odd.

7. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika

Lots of factors:

Scheduling availability, agency support, and, content (they have to be the appropriate type of girl for that type of job)

I don't think they're pushing because they're pushing. When it comes to filling out the roster, I think they have like 1 or 2 in mind and then fill out the rest to who's available. We don't really know anything about the schedules of the other girls, or what types of commitments they have on a daily basis. But I seriously think those 3 factors above come int play.

8. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

now the girls are in a tokusatsu flick , just waiting when will the girls be in a sentai flick as a sentai member.

9. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

They did that already...kind of. :D

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnwwJTmJg7s[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEWosF20nck[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik803FlKKdQ[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR3qlB0AAU4[/yt]
    Also there's this (sound is off).

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX491HMaz8Q[/yt]

10. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Also, Kana used to be a Team K frontgirl way back when, just saying.

I'm not the biggest Kana fan, but I don't see why her fans shouldn't have the opportunity to see her as much as people who like other girls get to see their oshis. I don't see the point of having the same girls being in everything all the time, what about the fans of the girls who aren't popular?

11. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

frankly its more strange that Shimada Haruka got a role (don't mistake this for hating). Horipro does get its hand in Tokusatsu shows so Sumire isn't that big a shock, plus Office48 obviously pulled their hand when all of diva + Kana got a role.
    Plus if you think of each agencies strengths and see who they invest more of their resources on. It isn't that big a surprise that Kana gets roles a few more time then other members.

12. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

^
    ^ I am totally not against girls who are less popular - I don't mind seeing more of them. That's not my issue. My initial surprise was just that I feel like Kana appears on so many TV shows than other girls - more than BOTH girls who got ranked in the election and girls who didn't.

I rarely see Fujie Reina, Nakagawa Haruka, Matsui Sakiko, Tanabe Miku, Nakaya Sayaka, Nonaka Misato, Yonezawa Rumi, etc on TV shows. I feel like I see Kana quite a lot on TV shows. And now, yet again I see her getting this role. It just made me feel like she's being pushed a lot more than other girls. And if she's already getting so much push/screen time on TV shows, I wondered why she also got this role instead of someone who got ranked in the election. It just made more sense to me that someone who got ranked should get more push (than Kana). Which made me felt like isn't Kana getting a little too much push compared to the other girls (both unpopular and semi-popular girls)? That was my logic. I was not against girls who are less popular. I was more against why it seems like Kana is getting much more push than many other girls.

EDIT: For example, how about Nacchan? I feel like I almost NEVER see her on TV shows ... but she was ranked 26 in the election!! It's like .. Kana goes on TV 10 times and Nacchan goes on 1 time. I just felt like it's a bit unfair to the other girls - that Kana who didn't get ranked in the election gets so much more screen time/push. That's why I questioned WHY does the management seem to be pushing Kana so much. Anyways, now I know that it's probably due to her agency that she got the role.

^ Yeah, I had no idea about her agency being the same as DiVA. If it's agency's work - then it makes perfect sense why she's there.

13. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

Kana's scheduling could be a lot more flexible than the other girls. Who knows?

I don't mind her as I like seeing other girls, besides the (media) senbatsu girls, show up more often regardless of which media outlet.

Maybe management is aware (or not) that Kana isn't well like by fans (know anyone here :hehe: ) and want to "push" her so people get to know her and like her :XD:

Yes, it would be nice seeing the other "not as popular" girls show up more frequently but management does whatever it feels like regardless of what others think or care.

It's funny but I'm seeing more and more of Haruu <3 in shows and magazines.
    Is she being pushed now? Maybe to make up for Oba's absense?
    You'd think she'd be busy with her college studies.

14. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

^ Yeah .. I guess there are a lot of factors that we'll never really understand why they push certain girls and not others or how the whole management/agency thing works.

I still don't get why Nacchan doesn't show up on TV more often even when she's ranked #26 ... isn't she with Ogi Pro - a major agency? I seriously see so little of her on TV shows ... does she not like being on TV or something?

15. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

Some of the girls you listed get more airtime then Kana, you just have to know where to find them.
    Besides that i don't blame her for some of the girls less appearances. I blame management.

16. Issen

Issen Kenkyuusei

Stop using the word "push" when someone is on TV more than twice...

A year ago, people kept whining that office48 were doing nothing for the girls.
    Now they are doing a few appearance, and people complain they are too much on TV...

17. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka

Nacchan has a subunit to deal with, Kana has NOTHING.(what tv shows has she even been on? :S)
    Ogi pro is mostly about subunits, not about tv appearances otherwise. You can easily argue that their top girls have appearances because they're top akb48 girls not because ogi has pushed for it.
    (one of the reasons I think ogi pro is deceptive in how good it is for girls careers outside of akb)

18. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

Poor Kana haha. I don't like her at all but I do feel sad for her sometimes. Most of those things are acted but the other girls don't seem too fond of her either.

Nacchan was on Nemousu this week and last week with her dog and she was awesome yic17, you should watch that :)

19. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

Can't find a thread for this so I'm not sure if it's appropriate or not (I'll remove post if necessary) but...

These performances are available at H!O for the AKB ga Ippai Summer Concert Series:

111120 AKB48 Team K - AKB ga Ippai ~SUMMER TOUR 2011~ [rock]
    111113 AKB48 Team 4 - AKB ga Ippai ~SUMMER TOUR 2011~ [party]

Let's hope more of the concert series are posted soon esp. a Team A performance.

There's never enough concert performances to watch :XD:
    Let's hope these will be released on DVD later in early 2012.

20. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

Yeah of course it's not Kana's fault. It's the management.

Great! I'll check that out. I've always wanted to see more of her! :)