[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    The impression I got looking at some articles about this is that the iOS store only offers a couple different age tiers, like 9+, 12+, and 17+. The Twitter app developers wanted 13+, but since that wasn't available they went with the next highest tier.

2. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I believe they have 4+, 9+, 12+ and 17+ (unless they have some dynamic rating system based on country). Most social media (the service) use 13+. I see that Instagram rated for 12+ (the app), so Twitter should aim for 12+ instead of 17+.
    --------------

The promised event for undergirls? https://www.showroom-live.com/campaign/akb48_45th_undergirls
    Basically in relation with another Sasshi new show, the undergirls will compete for the position of sub-MC https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20170329-00000128-spnannex-ent
    More info in http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/sashihara-rino-sasshi.1108/page-799#post-1303388

Last year showroom SSK event page -> https://www.showroom-live.com/event/akb48_sousenkyo_45th

I suppose they won't use the serial number for this event... :^^;:

3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

LMAO they really are hurrying to fulfil every promise they made last year before the fans call them BLOODY LIARS and stop buying into their crap. :^^;:

Anywaaaay...

Last year's UG (copying from Wiki cause lazy):
    Ryoka is leaving, so that's one gone.

I imagine it'll be the usual SR event where fans have to open their wallets for management to put their hands in.

Which would put many of them in a conundrum.
    Do they help their oshi get a nice job with Sasshi or do they save the money to help her in the real thing?

4. Rurouni

Hopefully they will restrict it to free gift only during the event if the showroom result will be used to determine the winner.

5. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    I just checked, in Germany the Twitter-Android-App is even 18+ :blink:

6. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

Showroom about costume book

if the video does not show watch the video here

7. remusat

remusat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I tried my hand at paraphrasing Takita Kayoko's presentation. There were some bits I didn't understand but this should be for the most part accurate.

Basically she identifies three types of idols that are popular in AKB:

1. Orthodox idol, the most basic type. Idolish personality, outstandingly good looks, the appeal of a natural flower (lol). Usually 1-2 girls per generation can be classified as orthodox idols.

2. "Personality" idol, a more independent type that takes advantage of her hobbies and skills. Because AKB has so many members, having a good chara is important in order to be recognized. Members who are great at variety, MCing, or performance (i.e., dancing) fall under this type. Personality idols are especially vital in sister group 1st gens, because it'll be easier for the junior members if their seniors have already established a mood for the group? I think? I didn't really get this part tbh lmao Kayoyon girl slow down. Personality idols also have the possibility of gaining supporters outside of AKB fans.

These two types of idols existed before AKB. They came into existence with one-way, non-interactive media like TV and magazines. This is in direct contrast to the third type:

3. Kami-taiou idol. The type of idol who gives godly service during handshakes (y'all already know this). In addition to handshakes, kami-taiou idols have to work hard at theatre performances and interact with fans every day on SNS. These idols become popular through co-operating with their fans, and aim for the top (i.e., SSK 1st place) with the help of fans.

Although the pattern of these three types of idols is visible, members can't be strictly sorted into one type. Orthodox idols who also give kami-taiou exist, as do personality idols who do the same. She also discusses whether orthodox idols and personality idols can co-exist but I'm not sure if she meant that one person could be both or?

Then, she talked herself and the type of idol she is. Since she's always loved idols, the image she had of an idol is someone who is pretty and sparkling, which is essentially the orthodox type of idol. So she thought she should be an orthodox idol as well, and that was what she tried to be in the beginning. It was too difficult for her to gain popularity that way, though, so when she thought about how to change herself, she decided kami-taiou was more important to her and switched to that type. She works hard at handshakes and SNS because seeing her fans respond to her positively makes her happy.

As AKB approaches its 11th anniversary, the group has continued to take on new challenges, such as Showroom. SR is something Kayoyon considers especially important because it allows for real-time interaction with fans. AKB also has activities and sister groups overseas. She has good memories of her first performance overseas as the crowd there was very fired up.

She closed with a thank you to the university for letting her participate in the symposium. Although this was her first time talking in front of a crowd like this alone and she was very nervous, she was happy she got to do this. Because an AKB member never knows when her chance might come, enthusiasm and the ability to rise to the challenge are crucial for when that chance does come. She will seize her chance with all her might and without forgetting the gratitude she has for her fans.

Overall, this wasn't exactly brand new information or anything, but it's still pretty rare to see idols analyze idols like this. I'm super interested in reading Tomu's dissertation on idol marketing, too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

@remusat thanks for that!

Kayoyon actually got a bit of exposure last year during the SSK Showroom thing. I wish she got more recognition (along with the other draftees).

Let's see how she fares this year.

9. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I was struck by how poised she was. Yes, she is a performer, but public speaking is something different. I am surprised she said she was very nervous because it didn't show (to me).

10. Rurouni

Btw, for that MC thing, the voting serial from last year SSK is still needed! Basically showroom is for appeal only (like SSK) and you vote with the serial number from last year SSK. The appeal showroom will start from April 6th 17:00 to April 12th 21:59. Honestly, I don't know why they have designated appeal time for this since... well... they can stream now if they want to. Also Komiharu has started to appeal in her latest G+ post.
    source: https://7gogo.jp/kayano-shinobu/13368

11. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    Are unused vote codes valid?

12. Rurouni

Probably yes. I don't know why they would restrict only to used codes. You'll find out soon when the voting starts, which is probably 2 weeks from now.

This is like mini SSK with 15 members and the winner takes it all.

edit: if it is like SSK, we probably can start voting sometimes soon instead of after the showroom appeal.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  13. Kiri

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    Thanks. If it works i'll give my only vote to Nako, obvious choice :XD:

14. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

To be honest this seems like such a crappy prize to me... it's not something that gets me fired up like "let's rank my oshi into Sasshi's new show!"
    Though I guess it's not meant to be so. It is just a small side bonus that they decided to toss in anyway, especially when it supposedly doesn't cost anything but our old vote codes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rurouni

Personally I think this is better than I've imagined! I was thinking they would only give a showroom show for the winner, but instead they got to appear in a TV show! yes, late night TV show, but still a TV show. Yes, it is an idol show, but not an AKB show! I don't think they would let someone "green" to host a TV show, thus this is a nice compromise with Sasshi as the MC and the winner work alongside her. Probably won't have a big impact for someone like Miichan, Churi, or Minarun, but it will probably have a big impact on those newer gen, including Sayaya. Even if the exposure from this program doesn't give them a big boost in their number of fans, at the very least it would give them a good experience on working in a non AKB show + the experience of being an MC in a non AKB show + learning from one of the best MC in the business (Sasshi).

16. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Co-MC of a show, with Sasshi? Yeah that is a pretty big deal. Just to LEARN from Sasshi, via immersion. Which they can hopefully use to boost themselves higher. To say nothing of more media exposure.

17. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Wow, I'm surprised to hear the Twitter app going 17+. :eek: And considering there are quite a number of girls in the AKB48G that are under 17...that sucks. :asdfgh: But I'm guessing that it may be because the app may show content that may be inappropriate for under 17, provided you correctly search for something that can be quite objectionable? :confused:

I have to wonder why would Twitter itself decide to put its app a 17+ rating (or similar). :confused: Recent events or something? Extremism news recently? (Don't get us over into this, this is AKB48!)

18. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Yea of those eligible I think she'll have the best dynamics with Sasshi. Miichan too but I think some people would be quite angry if she wins. Some of them could be quite awkward.. I mean, my favourite from the list is Renacchi and her hosting a show with Sasshi sounds like it'll be terrible.

19. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Yeah, no one in that list stands out to me as the PERFECT CHOICE, but... I think I'll probably give my votes to Nao.

20. Kiri

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    Just to be clear i don't think Nako is the only one good for that job, is just that she is my favorite from that group of members and is already close to Sasshi so that give her some points in my list. One thing i am wondering is how much participation will this gather, are we gonna see members being powervoted by the fans of their respective groups?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017