1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The BNK48 Thread

Discussion in 'General BNK48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Unless BNK management is as shitty as NGT management then I don't think they'll be disbanding anytime soon

2. welp

welp Next Girls

So, you buy the bullshit accusation saying it's Senile Line fans' doing? I've seen some Cher's fans in the parade. Don't tell me Nat in any way is slightliest threatening to Cher.

Agencies can be shitty in multiple different ways. It's said Cher was frustrated with the agency?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    If you want to spread rumour, you need to tell it all not just some part. Since this not the first time same fans doing this. They trying to talk shit about Nat for months but people don't care much since they just doing shit in their space, until last night they try to start this hashtag. it's same old people. ;);)

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. SineCos

SineCos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Only fans that have problem... what the hell about this I wonder. It the most stupid drama I ever seen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    I thought the reason they're not having the SSK this year was because they already had one in January? So it's unlikely they'd have 2 in 1 year? I think the earliest they'd hold another one is January next year.

I think poor management has been plaguing them from the beginning before they even debut? Like BNK grew way faster than anyone could've predicted so the management (basically a new family business with little experience in the industry) wasn't able to handle the rapid growth. However, contrary to your statement, I actually feel management has been improving a lot recently. They keep fans informed of upcoming projects, they're releasing better quality merch/products, providing the girls with amenities e.g. medical care, psychologists, etc., luxurious staff trip to Japan (bringing the entire 1st Gen to Disneyland, as they did with 2nd Gen awhile back, to tour around Japan for leisure, etc.) I think they're in a much better place than they were last year.

As for disbandment rumour - I haven't heard anything like that yet and I follow BNK pretty closely. In fact, they look busier than ever. Here's some upcoming projects:

The Ska X BNK48 Web Series
    Where We Belong Film
    Real Me 2nd Documentary Film
    A new GDH movie (but perhaps this is the documentary film)
    Orn, Minmin, Khamin Weightlifting Series
    One Year 365 Days Series
    New mobile game coming up 'Oshi Festival' (this one looks MUCH more sophisticated than Star Keeper)
    2 more unannounced games currently being developed with Game Loft
    Thibaan X BNK48 Film (aimed at rural market)
    New film with CJ Major (unannounced at the moment)
    Mother Gamer action movie starring Wee
    Possible new movie '51 Faces of Anne'
    1 New Album
    1-2 New Singles
    BNK48 Sports Festival
    Rumoured upcoming 2nd Asia Festival in China
    Secret collaboration with Team SH
    And this is not even counting unannounced secret projects they're working on (which they clearly are, based on the girls' social media), the smaller projects and tie ups (there's a new upcoming one with 7-Eleven), events (e.g. Tokyo Idol Festival 2019), upcoming vending machine project, etc.
    Source: http://www.wealthythai.com/web/contents/WT190500203

I'd say they have enough to keep them busy for the rest of this year and then some. As for the disbandment rumour, I'm pretty sure they won't be disbanding anytime soon. BNK is currently doing better than JKT (as great as they were) was at their peak. Even with a rapidly declining market, JKT is still able to survive now to year 8, it's likely that BNK will be able to do the same (albeit probably less active than they are now, like JKT).

I've noticed a few things about BNK48 Office. First is that they distribute work quite well amongst the members so no one has to go jobless. Jobs aren't being congregated only with the top members and many lower-ranked members are regularly assigned both internal & external work. The centers also change for almost every song. As such, I think they're trying their best to spread popularity out between the members to ensure the longevity of the group. Secondly is that they seem very aware that the music business is fleeting. The Thai music market is limited and it's almost impossible to make a living solely off of music (especially when the songs aren't particularly new or fresh), so they recognise that to do this long-term, they have to be a media company that creates new content across various mediums, such as music, movies, video games & series. This is quite evident from the list I've outlined above and I think it's the right direction for them, given the nature of the market here.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. welp

welp Next Girls

If you found that stupid, what about this?

A day after "#thatgirl" drama, there was another drama regarding to-be-held-months-later sport festival. There is a "No cheating" campaign against blue team. Look at the member distribution for sport festival, 3 of 5 Senile Line members belong to the same team, blue. The Senile Line members of blue team, Namneung and Orn were accused of lottery cheating. The lottery drawing system went like this, they were 4 lotteries of different colors, 4 members came out each turn to draw the lotteries, after picking the lottery, the members put them back into the bag . In Namneung's turn, she drew blue lottery. Afterward, she whispered something to Orn and Orn cut the cue to be one of the next batch to draw and she drew blue. Fans suspected if Namneung deliberately folded the lottery in a special way so Orn could draw blue lottery and they would belong to the same team. But, some fans observed the lottery Orn picked was not folded in a significantly different way and it must be very difficult to sense the difference if it was any. Also, fans split if cheating should be allowed for the sport festival. One side said idol should not cheat, it was poor examples to young fans/ it's just a poor behavior as human being. Another side said this was mere an entertaining event and not meant to be taken seriously, cheating would make the event more enjoyable.

Senile Line fans see this as a 'mountain out of a mole hill' issue and speculated this was a counterattack from Natherine's fans and was accompanied by Gen 2's fans jealous of Senile Line's fixed 5 senbatsu spots.

To announce the election result in Jan or Feb next year, the agency must release the election single late this year which is what it won't do. And, this is what "no election this year" means.

That was not what the poor management rumor meant. It's said the management had changed for worse in recent months. What you said was fact that any fan could tell.

Those projects you listed might be a part of the rumor. Some fans are displeased that the agency now prioritizes TV/film content production over core 'idol" business, BNK48 is heading into "acting" agency direction.

Actually, Thai music market is valuable enough for many musicians/singers to live comfortably off it. Jennie has bought a medium size house and a car off 1 viral song (ได้หมดถ้าสดชื่น), all Thaitanium guys live cozy lives. Music business still is the main propelling engine of GMM as its big TV business keeps resulting loss. What put BNK48 in public radar which makes all these non-music project possible is the song "Fortune Cookie".

Some projects above have been much discussed if they worth it.
    - The Ska, despite massive subscribers, caters to schooler viewers while BNK's market is older. And these schoolers have less purchase power.
    - Thaibaan's market is rural or outskirt viewers but BNK48's market is those in more urbanized areas. Even if the film is a big success, it will hardly change Thaibaan's fans to appreciate BNK48 song and culture of strong Japanese influence.
    - "Where We Belong" definitely is a great experience for involving members to learn acting and possibly walk the red carpet of a foreign film festival. Kongdej really is a great director and he made Ink Warunthorn (Kaew's classmate at Chula) won "Best Newcomer" award in Asian Film Festival. Yet, Kongdej is indie/art film director, his film won't create mass impact. Ink has not seemed to get any major acting offer despite her award winning debut.
    - The weightlifting drama definitely is not something to be expected highly. The director is the one directing the ratchet drama "Be My Boy" starring Jennis and the broadcaster to air the drama is TPBS whose average rating is 0.1 and none of whose program hit 0.4 point of rating.
    - One Year is a rom-com drama and I have not seen a popular rom-com drama for years. How the publishing platform is exclusively online (Line TV) may further dampen the response. Anyway, it has not been aired and it is too early to tell if the project will be a success.
    - New mobile game(s) won't help expand the fandom, just leeching more off already existing fans who have already been leeched close to the max.
    - The new film project to possibly partially funded by CJ Major is "51 Faces of Anne".
    - Mother Gamer is directed by the one directing App War starring Orn. The movie made Orn nominated for a Best New Actress award but it flopped badly in box office. This film likely won't perform much better popularity wise.
    - I don't see Asia Festival has much effect on BNK48 marketing wise so, I can't see if another one will help substantially.
    - Team SH has not succeeded in building sizable fandom. I doubt if a collaboration with Team SH can open new opportunity for BNK48.

RAM's merciful job distribution is not negativity free. This leads to less competition thus better well-being for the members but, it may not the best business wise. In tough competition, members will try harder to improve their marketing potentials and those who don't fit will be eventually eliminated (less deadweights on the agency's expense). Also, fans will be more enthusiastic to vote. I've seen fans discussed they would vote less next time as the opportunity senbatsu members got didn't not seem to worth the cost of vote.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Where we belong [Official Trailer w/ Eng Sub].

if the video does not show watch the video here

and
    Jennis & Music on cover of Sudsapda Magazine.
    psdio4aoxQaidvNpn2Z-o.jpg

8. SineCos

SineCos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Yes all of that Drama so stupid and the problem is only Wota and some stupid people who are Antis. The girls just the girls do their best to Work hard. That Cheating that you talk about also stupid too just only one second with Moblie and Namneaug do the same with their paper and get it back to that bag. If you not bias about Namneaug you will not say that they Cheat just like what happen to Natherine too. It from bias and only bias and it stupid from my view. I am sure that the girls change with all their might to improve but the one who change for the bad side are the Wota. Who also recently really act childish and want everything to be as they want to be and don’t care about how people around them feeling especially members.

9. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    You seem to be very negative with regards to BNK in general. Even before they were formed, you were dead set on them being a total failure. Even after they've achieved success beyond anyone's wildest dreams, you're still pushing the agenda that they will be a passing fad that they will disband any moment. After almost 3 years, they are still going strong - their recent showing at the Money Expo was so crowded that other booths had to be closed off to block people from going in, their Rayong fan meet was crowded with people all the way to the top floor of the mall, their Chiang Mai fan meet hi-touch ticket sold out so fast that more than half of the people attending didn't even get the chance to buy a ticket, Cherprang ridiculously expensive figurine sold out, theatre tickets are still sold out that most people don't even dream of attending because the chances are so low, etc. I think maybe it's time to just say they're doing fine.

The Thai music industry might be comfortable for a few solo artists to live off of, but 51 girls? It's unsustainable. Some fans might prefer BNK to stay niche and focused on doing idol-specific activities, in which case I suggest they look at Sweat16, SY51 or all the other more pure idol group and tell me how successful/sustainable they are. The way forward for BNK is not to remain a pure idol group, but to function as a media agency producing contents on many platform - that's how they can keep all 51 girls employed. Some traditional hardcore idol fans may not like it because their precious idols are now further out of reach, but many others fans - myself include, love it and relish seeing the girls grow & receive these opportunities.

Will BNK disband in 5-10 years? Probably, I'd even say likely. Nothing last forever, but they're doing amazing for where they are now compared to where people expected them to be. Christ, they performed at Impact within 2 years of debut (almost unheard of), performed with Bird Tongchai, performed at Bangkok's NY countdown, performed at Kouhaku in Japan, got 2 members elected in AKB48's SSK (with one ranking in Next Girls in her first year). I think regardless of what happens from now on, it'd be ridiculous to call BNK a failure when all the evidence point to the contrary.

Are they less 'hot' than they were at their peak? Yes, their peak was 2018 with KFC, but that was abnormal, freak explosive viral growth. Now they're riding off that high, so obviously it will be less than before, but what they're doing now is organic, gradual growth - which is what they should be doing. Yes, many of the projects won't be successful, but as long as they don't lose money, then it doesn't hurt. No one knows what the next big hit would be. BNK forum on Pantip is still one of the most active on the board. At least doing something and being incredibly active is better than not doing anything at all, which seems to be what you prefer since you are not making any suggestions on what you think they should be doing that's better than what they're doing now. You know, if I didn't see that you're following BNK very closely, I would've thought you were a BNK anti who would love nothing more than to see them disband with your doom & gloom predictions.

The group has had many great, exciting news come out in the past year, but all you seem to be focusing on is unproven 'scandals' (e.g. Cherprang will be leaving the group, Maira is having an affair with Senpai director, Minmin & Cake dating scandal, etc.) - you seem to revel on reporting on any piece of negative drama the group has no matter how small & insignificant. Christ, most Thai followers of BNK don't even focus on these things - there might be a thread or 2 with a few comments but no one is discussing it after a day, yet you seem to love adding dramatic flavor to any piece of bad news (e.g. "A more serious concern is involving Cherprang. Cherprang has graduated and she posted "passion lost" on her IG story. Fans feared if she would soon leave the group since she reached the crossroad" - yeah, like 5 fans in 1 thread on Pantip) while downplaying any good news.

I don't have rose-tinted glasses on, BNK is not perfect but they're currently doing better than what anyone expected, and for me, that's more than enough.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    BNK48 has launched a new rhythm mobile game 'BNK48 OSHI FESTIVAL'!
    Available on Android & iOS.

[​IMG]

You can see the teaser here.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Aaaaand installed!
    Going to enjoy playing this :D
    Although it already says it's down for maintenance so ... tbc ...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

13. Tyrese

Tyrese Kenkyuusei

The "No SSK" this year I think it not that weird. I'll be surprised more if they say "It definitely gonna be SSK this year"

Due to the news that I got from Merchant's network, The aftermath of the last SSK are left most of the Fandom's Leader(and many hardcore fans) in the debt(due mostly credit card debt) and still didn't recover from that.
    And the evidence is clear with the decline of merch resell price. Some Fandom' Head starts selling their most valuable possession like "SSR" in the market.
    The leftover of the merch in the Offical shop. and the attendees drop from the last handshake event. and I think that even Official can notice that too.

Still not sure how bad the debt is (due my fandom didn't go far to put everyone in debt) but I think that even the next year will still no SSK.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Izurlina and Miori were on WISE tv, a program featuring Thai news in Japanese.

15. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Hello BNK48 fans!

This year I'm running the Stage48 Ranking. Click that link to take part and make your voice heard!

Unfortunately, since I'm only a moderator and not an admin I cannot send a notification to all users like in previous years.
    Instead, I have to post to general threads like now. So you'll probably see this message in a bunch of threads. I'm sorry for the spam, but it's the only way to make sure everyone knows the ranking is on.

Thank you.

16. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Deenee (BNK48 KKS) announced graduation on KKS stage today.
    Her reason is she want to focus on her study.
    61999808_2127776337349613_1610196381870325760_n.jpg
    Her graduation stage is TBA.
    While last activities is Beginner Handshake Event in 11 October 2019.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Deenee is first 2nd gen who announced graduate from BNK48.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  17. welp

welp Next Girls

some business data
    Regarding Where We Belong, according to Mr. Jirath
    BNK Office invested 18 millions THB into Where We Belong. The box office income must hit 40 million for the office to make profit as the income will be shared half-half between the office and the theater operator.
    Even if the film fails to make profit from box office, there are other sources of income such as merch and copyright sale to oversea markets and online platforms.
    There are copyright sale discussions with distributors from Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia.
    BNK Office has had Chinese agent and via the agent, the agency is reaching to online streaming operators in China to sell the film.
    Profit is not priority for this project. He wished the members got to hone their skills and, BNK and its members gain better recognition via the film.

According to the information uploaded by Department of Business Development, in 2018, the turnover of BNK48 Office went as following (in the blanket is the number of 2017)
    income
    672,817,127 THB (40,549,323)
    cost
    489,438,606 THB (62,582,979)
    tax
    37,009,337 THB
    net profit
    146,851,038 THB (-22,298,366)

It is uncertain if the income from election has been counted. The CD pre-order closed in Dec 2018 but the music card one closed in Jan 2019.

And, the shareholding went as following
    Plan B (a Thai ads agency) 35%
    RAM (Jirath and others) 34.8%
    Tencent (via its affiliate) 15.2%
    AKS 15%
    Whole registered capital was 25.4 million THB.

I watched wotas discussing a new idol group might need a huge difference to fish new group of fans, other idol groups seemed to fight over same old pool of fans while Fever with distinct synth pop sound attracting indie music fans. I thought about CGM and what concept it should go after. It has been discussed if CGM should cover songs of a sister group, HKT, SKE or NMB (STU and its sea image is omitted, NGT is deemed a jinx) to differentiate from BNK which should limit to AKB's song. But, is such difference big enough? Siam Dream and Honey Toast look and sound obviously different yet, they largely share the same pool of fans. Does CGM need the difference to the level of Fever to not largely share BNK's market?

You said as if my comments were made up in my spiteful soul while you should very well aware that they were what already much said among wotas. You label me as troll anti for frequently criticizing BNK48. Fans have discussed that this such action is toxic and scares away potential new fans.

Being an utter failure means it performed far worse than expectation and, what is the expectation of Mr. Jirath? Do you know it? Clearly, in his opinion, the cookie success was a miracle that went far beyond expectation yet the sustainability is murky. He always talks about making as much profit in short period. Short longevity is a nature of this business so, it surely is predictable and expected if the group will wash up after 5 years and it's another miracle if it can still going strong.

The 2nd anniversary is not very long ago and they are many more months before the 3rd one. Yet, fans have been widely questioning if BNK48 has reached its peak and so little room to grow. The sale and fandom expansion have stalled and the agency has been steering toward acting direction. Perhaps, the group longevity can be prolonged with successful acting business but, won't that lead to another discussion if that is the success of BNK as idol group? Besides, the more BNK48 Office succeeds in its acting business embark, the more BNK48 will navigate away from "48" business format and it may eventually falls apart from 48 franchise as the 48 brand will have so little benefit to RAM and the franchise license fee will be worth it no more.

Is Thai music industry valuable enough for 51 girls to live comfortably off? What the question is this? BNK48 made big profit last year with the group positioning as "music performer". Aside from Cherprang's Homestay success, other acting attempts have not yielded yet. Of course, BNK48 can't live well purely by music activities but, in my opinion, music should be the core business of BNK48. Does "idol" has to be niche? I ask you to look at Black Pink and how well the group is received among Thai celebs and producers. If members can be taken as skilled performers, the idol tag/the idol format is no problem. You brought up Sweat16 and I wanna discuss that
    - Sweat16's agency is suck at marketing. They have the freedom to do whatever to cater Thai music market but, they fail to see how to make the group go mass. (SB5, also by LoveIs, is going no where.)
    - Is Sweat16 a flop? The agency seems to be kinda satisfied with the group's niche status and has no passionate ambition to push it hard forward. And, who knows, perhaps, a Sweat's song may go viral and the group hit big later this year.
    - Will the group be sustainable? Possible. The group is backed by Yoshimoto's stable fund and not like it's running in red. Members seem to live fair lives. They seem to go along skilled performer direction and they may last long just like Morning Musume. Besides, not like the sustainability of BNK isn't hazy.
    SY51 is regional group to begin with. I fail to see why the group was brought up.

Should BNK48 Office become media production studio? I don't think so. You complain about the value of local music industry but film industry is far less valuable with GDH being the monopoly king. TV industry is way more valuable yet much more riskier with BEC and GMM operating in red. BNK48 Office should limit to budget online contents and only collaborate for bigger scale production.

I have no responsibility to make suggestion neither I think Mr. Jirath or his team is checking this thread. Also, all criticisms I brought up and suggestions already have been expressed elsewhere by many others.

All rumors I brought up, true or not, were hot topics among Thai fans and foreign fans should be informed about them to grasp what is going on within BNK48's local fandom/how is the dynamic of local fandom. You have no authority to rule what is "insignificant" and many Thai followers have expressed contrary to your believes. Cake got over ten thousands tweets and a dozen threads on Pantip over her dating speculations. Her election standing also moving downward after it broke out. Minmin's scandal got slightly milder response but it turned out positive. So, I was even hateful reporting something positive, huh? Cherprang's early departure is a long concern as she said her ultimate dream was to be astronaut working on space station and BNK does not seem to be in line with that dream. Maira's rumor was even reported by multiple media outlets, I posted it here after Bright TV and Gossipstar had published it and it was reported by more outlets soon later. You are the one downplaying all negative concern/discussion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Thanks. Here's the full table:

[​IMG]
    Seems like they're doing pretty well. A lot of the initial expenses were for setting up (e.g. license fee, building the theatre/cafe/shop/digital live studio, etc.) and now they're there to reap the rewards. Of course, next year expense will probably go up again if they decide to build a theatre in Chiang Mai too.

Now with regards to your essay...

I didn't say you made up things. I do think you have a tendency to dwell on the negative points only and have a penchant for exaggerating them. For example, if the concern/attention level was 3/10 (e.g. some wotas discussed it in one thread), you blow it up to make it sound like it's a 9/10 ('e.g. everyone is talking about this and saying it's the end of BNK48). I don't know if this is because of your 'spiteful soul', or just you loving drama, malicious gossip & being messy in general (which your past behaviour seems to suggest).

I don't understand your second paragraph because no where did I say BNK48 is an 'utter failure', quite the opposite. You on the other hand...
    I don't know what Mr. Jirath's expectations were, but regardless, nobody would call BNK a failure with what they've achieved so far.
    They've broke even and are making profit, so anything after this is a bonus.

Also, I've never seen anywhere Mr. Jirath said anything about focusing on short-term profits. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I follow BNK48 quite closely & have never ever heard this. A link/source would be very much appreciated. If anything, he's constantly talking about the sustainability of the business, hence the need to expand to non-music activities.

Yeah, because no AKB48 group or members has ever starred in a movie or produced their own drama series.

Seriously though, BNK48's non-music output isn't even anywhere near the level of AKB48 and I don't see AKB48's non-music related output steering them away from the 48 group format, falling apart from the 48 franchise or making the 48 franchise value redundant. If anything, it strengthen their concept of 48 group being a platform where girls can explore multiple talents, whether it's acting, singing, dancing, MC-ing, modelling, etc. Being a 48 idol group isn't just releasing singles & theatre performances. Additionally, the USP of the 48 group isn't just the songs, or theatre performances - it's also the selling of unique characters, the traditions (e.g. SSK, Janken, RH), the competitive system, the history & connections between members, etc. All of which BNK48 fans clearly appreciate (otherwise other idol groups won't be borrowing parts of their format).. The CEO has already mentioned from the very beginning that they are not in the business of selling music, so I don't know why any of this is any surprise to you. In fact, I'd say neither is AKB48. They're selling characters & stories. Many people would agree that AKB48 singles sell not because of the music, but because of the handshake tickets & the fans' desire to support their oshis.

And your point is? If Sweat16 is happy to be a niche group (if that's even true), and BNK is supposed to also be happy being a niche group? Yeah, we're not mind readers, but I think BNK Office would rather have their product go mainstream and popular on a wider scale, rather than stay niche. Maybe they'll get a viral song, maybe they won't. Who knows?

SY51 is no longer regional - they've now expanded to the rest of Thailand, focusing on Bangkok as well. I brought it up because it seems to be what you're advocating (i.e. focus on traditionally idol-type activities).

"BNK48 got big purely by musical activities" - no they didn't. They got viral because of KFC. Then they followed up with many other contents, both musical and not. Other than KFC, they didn't achieve success because of the songs. Who knows when the next viral song will come, if ever. They're doing non-music stuff but they're also releasing singles as they always have. In fact, almost every single song in their 2nd album has an MV, which cannot be said for their first. I don't think they're doing any less musical activities than they did before.

About Blackpink - I don't know how that's relevant at all. The reason they're so well-received is because of Lisa. If not, they'd probably be on the same level as Twice for their popularity in Thailand. In any case, it doesn't matter. You can talk about this again when Thai Pop is as globally relevant as K-Pop, and Thailand has produced something that's as globally significant as Blackpink before saying "Idol groups can succeed in Thailand, look at Blackpink". Seriously, if you fail to see the fallacy in that line of thinking then I don't think I can help you here.

Also, as an aside, Blackpink isn't just selling music either. Until this year, they've only had 9 song since debut, and even now, they only have 13 songs. Blackpink, like most other idol groups, are also selling personality (e.g. Blackpink House, solo CFs, members going to various TV shows, Jisoo acting in a series, Rosé in The Masked Singer, etc.) In fact they do so little that's music-related some people call them Modelpink.

If you want 51 girls to be seen as skilled performers, then maybe you shouldn't be looking to the 48 group for that. K-Pop girls trained for years (Jennie up to 6 years) before they debut (if they even debut at all). Are you asking this of 51 girls? I'm sure you're aware that K-Pop and J-Pop idols are inherently different so I don't know why you're conflating them. BNK48 isn't K-Pop.

If the local music industry is so valuable - why is everyone (including BNK48 fans) continually saying the Thai music industry is dead? Why would it be such a big phenomenon then that BNK48 managed to get people buying CD's again? If the music industry was doing fine then why did all the big recording companies & their subsidiaries like Kamikaze close down or downsize? Why is lukthung basically the only lucrative genre now? Why are the biggest stars born from TV shows like The Rapper? Maybe it's because the local music industry isn't as valuable as you claim.

On the other hand, did you know Bad Genius made more than 100 million yuan in China? Other Thai movies, from both GDH & other studios, are shown around the region too (e.g. Inhuman Kiss, a non-GDH film just showed in Singapore last week). Thai series/films are quite popular in Indonesia (I'm sure they're aware of all the horror & rom-coms coming out of Thailand) & the Philippines - two large markets. Thai series (泰剧) are so popular in China that it usually has it's own section right up there next to K-Dramas on streaming website. For example iQiyi only has headings for 内地 (Domestic) 韩国 (Korean) 美国 (American) 日本 (Japanese) 泰国 (Thai) 英国 (English) 香港地区 (Hong Kong). This should demonstrate that there’s significant demand for Thai film/series content, which looks set to increase in the future. I'm not saying that Thailand's film/drama industry is humongous, but evidently in major Asian markets like Indonesia & China, it's playing up there with the big boys. At least definitely more than the Thai music industry.

So you're free to disagree of course, but no, I don't think BNK48 should restrict themselves only music-related activities, or even focus solely on music activities. They're expanding their scope & I (as well as many fans) appreciate that. Comments that say things like "I want BNK48 to just focus on idol activities" are overwhelmingly ridiculed on Pantip, so I can't say they represent the majority view at all.

Singles are usually released, what, 4 times a year? Not even (in the case of BNK)? After that they're promoted for a month, and then no one really talks about them unless they happen to be that one unlikely viral hit. So what are they supposed to be doing the rest of the year? Sing the same song that everyone's gotten tired of? Yes, if BNK48 managed to get another viral monster like KFC, that'd be awesome. But who can guarantee that? No one. I agree, they should be making their own original songs, which may increase the chance of finding that elusive hit, but NO ONE CAN GUARANTEE THAT. At least they're doing what they CAN do, which is to create more content that can be consumed continuously throughout the year via films, series, TV shows, online shows, etc.

Your purported stance is for BNK48 to remain as a music-based idol group. BNK Office, who is probably much more aware of the state of the fandom, their own market, their own members, their own organization plans, have clearly announced that this is what they're doing; which is not to restrict themselves to a music idol-group but to expand the scope of their content production. Do you really think you know better than BNK Office themselves? Out of the two, I'd say they have a better idea of what they're doing. Of course, you're free to your own opinion, but you have to accept that many people would disagree with that opinion. I don't agree with how you seem to be painting a misleading picture that your own sentiment is representative of the fanbase when it only represents a minority. You're more than welcome to set up a Pantip poll if you want to disprove that statement.

See, I'd almost believe you if you also focused on some of the positive aspects too, but you barely do that. Even after these rumors have been disproven, you still talk as if they’re pertinent issues. You only seem to dwell primarily on the negative aspects, even before the group was formed.

No, maybe I don't have the authority to decide what's insignificant, but looking at the BNK48 tag for the past 2 weeks on Pantip/Twitter, barely anyone’s talked about any of the negative gossip you're making out to be a big deal, so I'd say that's a pretty good barometer of what's considered a 'hot issue'. Anything that's even close to what you're saying is usually recognised and labelled by members as a troll, and removed by the mods in hours, if not minutes, because even the mods realise that there's no substance there besides baseless gossip, especially given that the company has made an official stance on it.

Cake's incident got some traction, and then what? It's been disproven, and no one is talking about it now. Minmin's scandal was not a scandal. She had a boyfriend before she entered BNK, and? Yet you wrote about it as if it was a script from some trashy melodrama ("Fans say Minmin left her dad there to rot in jail, etc.", which was NOT what happened. Maira's rumour has been clarified and it was proven false, so no one is talking about it anymore. To bring it up again after the management already made it clear that these rumours are false, or before they’re proven to be true, is malicious and disrespectful to the girls, because you're now misleading people to assume that these rumours are real. You might see it as ‘reporting fan sentiment’, but essentially, it’s just spreading and perpetuating lies. Don't spread gossip unless you know it's true. This isn't even about BNK, but just being a decent human being.

As for 'Cherprang's Graduation', if you talked to most otas now, their response will be "Why? What happened?" as opposed to "Yes! She lost her motivation! I know what you're talking about!" So clearly, it's NOT such a hot topic as you're making it out to be. Most people aren't even aware that Cherprang made one post about losing motivation months ago on her IG story, which she also followed up by telling the public that "I'm fine, I'll be here for another 2-3 years", so there's no issue there. You're free to report on whatever you feel is the sentiment in the fanbase, but as I previously said, it's misleading to represent these views as though it's the majority view and everyone's talking about them. Because that's false & misleading.

No, I'm not downplaying all negative concerns. If I feel there's a real genuine concerns that will affect BNK or really is being widely discussed by fans (e.g. the Ota VIP incident), I would happily discuss it myself. But not these petty rumours based on half truths (or complete lies) that's already been disproven time and again. That's totally misleading and purposely painting a wrong picture. Yes, BNK48 is now past their first peak (i.e. the viral explosion of KFC), and now they're coming down from that peak, which is only natural. Now they're trying to build on that success, and who knows if they will succeed. At least what they're doing now, in my opinion, is a better option than most other alternatives (e.g. focussing only on music & traditional idol-activities). Is BNK48 going to be here in 5 years? I don't think so, many other 48 groups probably won't be either. But we're not there yet, so stop trying to rush it and constantly trying to paint a picture as if BNK is in meltdown crisis mode when the truth is anything but.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  19. JeskaCheska

JeskaCheska Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakanishichiyori
    Bad Genius the series (ฉลาดเกมส์โกง เดอะซีรีย์)
    A remake base on the 2017 movie of the same name was announce today
    Starring June BNK48 as Lynn , the lead actress.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    It's good news for June!!!. Since original film is quite famous in Thai and China, and Hideo Kojima used to tweet about this films. :3rd: