1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The BNK48 Thread

Discussion in 'General BNK48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. LiZiT

LiZiT Kenkyuusei

2. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/which-fandom-do-you-identify-with.22968/

I made a thread before asking Stage 48 members to choose only one group from all of 48G and Sakamichi groups, and the result showed that the votes for Nogi + Keyaki combined were more or less the same for the votes for all 48Gs.

Now I am wondering which fandom do stage 48 members identify more? 48G? Sakamichi? And now that we have Izone and we were even allowed to vote for Korean members in the annual stage 48 poll, I won't be surprised if there are stage 48 members who joined the forum because of Izone. I will put International 48G as a separate choice for those who identify more as a fan of an international sister group than any Japan 48G.

I intend to post this in all general threads so as to invite the fans of each group to cast their votes. Downside though that is that those who subscribe to more than one general thread will get a notification for this more than once, so sorry for the notif.

Thank you :)

3. ehs01

ehs01 Kenkyuusei

Speaking of the film Where We Belong, did anyone here watch it? How was it?

4. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    Critical reception has been overwhelmingly positive. I'm pretty sure you're gonna start seeing it at festivals around the world soon enough.
    It's a shame though that it was only show in limited cinemas here (as opposed to Major Cineplex, which is basically the largest cinema monopoly in Thailand) due to the arthouse nature of the film.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. welp

welp Next Girls

It is reported that, during the press con for CGM audition on July 10, it will be the announcement on
    - 2 BNK members to be transferred to CGM and,
    - the director/stage manager/shihainin of CGM.
    Also, it is rumored that Rina and Aom will move to Chiangmai. Aom has been speculated to be transferred since the announcement of CGM. Aom came from Chiangmai and she is an elder member of BNK with fair popularity and has no education commitment as she has just graduated a bachelor degree (with summa cum laude in insurance maths from Thammasart). There is also rumor Rina will be the director of CGM.

The only accurate way to know is to directly read comments of Thai wotas on Twitter and Pantip and not here, the way which is impossible unless you're fluent in Thai.

You accused me of your own imagination. In whatever shape it is today, AKB was huge during its peak and is still is treated as the top pop group of the nation. Whenever it is a big J-pop event, most likely, AKB is chosen as the main act of the event. Undeniably, it is the group of best international awareness. You could see in Produce 48 that, however negligent Korean girls were to J-ent, almost all of them recognized AKB as the top idol group of Japan, despite not even knew AKB had over 2 dozens members and multiple sister groups.

Apparently, I'm not an avid fan of AKB thus, I fail to see the point of asking me the beginning of the AKB's downfall. Anyway, as the decline was gradual, it is difficult to mark the exact time. The falling clearly has been speeding in last 2 years as seen from Nikkei Entertainment's survey. AKB could secure a high spot due to its public recognition while its popularity tanked.

There are 2 separate-able parties RAM the agency and, BNK the group.

It is arguable if the de-idolization is negative to the agency while it is definitely negative to the group.

De-idolization means fans feel less passionate to follow BNK as idol group and follow BNK more and more for individual members and less and less for the group. They will cease to be interested in BNK once their faves graduate. For stability, idealistically, BNK must be able to create the same synergy between a football club and fans. It must make fans loyal to the group and not the member.

The odd is, as I did mention, many J-pop idols often cross between group musical activities and solo tv activities but their fans do not sense their qualities as idol decreased. In fact, individual tv show activity is what brings Johnny's idol groups to the top. I can't fully understand what has gone wrong with BNK that fans feel that way.

If you know about Thai tv industry, you may better understand why it may be hard for RAM to compete in acting market. The biggest, most powerful medium in Thailand is tv. However internationally successful "Bad Genius" was, Aokbab, the protagonist of the film, is not as domestically well-recognized as Namwan (Ee Pong) who was a supporting actress of Thong-ek, a popular drama. Besides, it is only 1 film as domestically popular or more to "Bad Genius" in every 3-4 years while they are 3-4 dramas as popular or more to Thong-ek yearly. The drama industry is dominated by 2 broadcasters, Channel 7 and Channel 3. To be pushed in acting by either broadcaster, the actor must sign an exclusive contract to the broadcaster and the agency must be chummy with the drama producer/the executive of the broadcaster. (The producer submits the actor list and the executive may provide whoever to producer and the producer must accept it.) And, signing to either broadcaster, the chance to present on other channels diminished. If Cherprang sign to Channel 7, she will be unable to show up on other channels even as a member of BNK. This will be difficult for BNK, the group, to promote with its members signing to the broadcaster. Neither RAM has strong connection to any drama producer of Channel 7 nor Channel 3 nor any executive of either broadcaster.

The variety show scene of Thailand is extremely lacking. Popular local variety shows are ไมค์ทองคำ (Golden Mic, a looktoong music show), I Can See Your Voice (in which AKB once appeared), Masked Singer (American version of which has been aired) and Master Chef. You can see it is a limit how often BNK can appear on each show above. Thus, BNK will need to rely on online variety show.

6. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

The main question is when I am accused you of neglecting AKB48 achievement, are you well aware of AKB48 achievement?

Well, if you want to discuss about the factor that lead to the decline of AKB48, at least you must know the progression of the decline or established first that the factor is not there before in AKB48 and inherently there in AKB48 right now leading to the decline. That needs the knowledge about the state of AKB48 before decline.

• Like Like x 1
  7. R7-OZ

R7-OZ Kenkyuusei

if the video does not show watch the video here

Stratosphere - The Mockumentary [Where We Belong Spin-Off]

Attached Files:

8. welp

welp Next Girls

Following the rumor Rina moving to CGM, a rumor that a new Japanese member will move to BNK popped up. I find this rumor very believable. BNK is selling well and, Rina has been very well-received by BNK's fans, some Japanese members must be interested to move to Bangkok. Besides, I doubt AKS will leave its top oversea group free of transferred member.

Conclusion of pre-order number from the online store (Shopee)
    https://f.ptcdn.info/921/064/000/puev6xu8q076sDWY6Ex-o.jpg
    ขายได้ = number of tickets sold
    ร้อยละ = percentage of sold tickets per available tickets
    เฉลี่ยต่อรอบ = average number of sold tickets per 1 slot
    1 2shot ticket per 1 copy of CD.

Total number of pre-ordered copies = 70,426
    Only Cherprang sold out all tickets (5,520). Noey comes in second with 86.6% and 4,781 tickets. #3 is Music with 80.1% and 4,421 tickets.

Buyers have 48 hours to pay for the ordered product. The number from last 2 days accounts for ~20,000 copies. So, they can be up to some thousands of unpaid and cancelled copies.

The sale of the previous album "River" is close to 70k copies thus, the sale stays about the same.

If you want to discuss about the decline of AKB, better leave your question here. They have better info.

I can't understand why I have to know such info to know AKB has declined.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

I am not talking about how to know AKB48 had declined. I am talking about the factor which leads to the decline of AKB48 which you are the first one that bring it out in this thread. Remember???

10. welp

welp Next Girls

Breaking news
    Rina and Aom to be transferred to Chiangmai.
    As rumored, Rina will become the shihainin of CGM. Aom will be the captain.

The chairman reveals business plan for CGM
    https://money2know.com/bnk48-3/
    Jirath Bawonwatana, the CEO of BNK48 Office revealed in the interview on the establishment of a sister group of BNK48, CGM48 (Chiangmai48) with 100 million bahts of budget. The group was expected to reach break-even point in 3 years. Meanwhile, BNK48 was expected to break-even in 5 years but succeeded in 2 years.

He said that the purchasing power was weaker in Chiangmai and its population size was the forth biggest with 1.7 million. Each year, the city was visited by 2 million domestic tourists and 9 million of foreign ones, especially those from China, in which had founded a sizable fanbase. The goal for CGM48 was to promote the culture and tourism of Chiangmai to foreigners. The MV of BNK48's latest single "Jabaja" was an attempt to reach out to regional markets and was trended on Google for 24 hours. Besides, there was the film project Thaibaan x BNK48 to expand the market in the north-east region.

He revealed he had planned to expand to regional areas and Chiangmai was chosen as all 14 visits of BNK48 to Chiangmai received hot responses, the venue was extremely packed. Also, he wished to support the entertainment industry in regional cities. Another point drawing his interest to Chiangmai was its enriched culture and nature. The color of the group was green mint symbolizing the fresh green scenery of Chiangmai.

The audition to CGM48 had been opened on June 15 and would be closed on July 15. Up to today, they had been over 3,500 applicants, 1,750 of which were aged 12-14 years old and over 100 of which were foreigners.

Just like BNK48, CGM48 would have its own theater, fish tank and cafe. Moreover, the member would be accommodated with the dorm under the management of the agency.

CGM48 would improve the coverage of northern market as BNK could not fully monetize from regional areas. The group was planned to debut in the first quarter of next year. BNK48 would not recruit 3rd gen members in meantime but soon after. Also, BNK48 was founding its fanbases in Asian countries.

CGM48 would not remake BNK48's songs but the anthem of the group ("CGM48"). In the beginning, CGM48 would remake AKB48's songs. The local dialect likely would be used in its debut song.

To the question if CGM48 would rival BNK48 in the same idol market, Jirath replied he saw the 2 groups as 2 football clubs fighting to win each other, It was a similar situation in Japan with AKB48 and its sister groups fighting for popularity.

CGM48 would start with 20-30 members. Its earning channels would be similar to BNK48, sale, the BNK48 application and sponsorship.

To the question on the declining public interest on BNK48, Jirath answered that the public did not spend on the group, BNK48's business model was to resort on core fans and to enlarge the number of fans yet, the public interest could not be neglected.

I need not to know the root to know Japanese economy is now in bad shape. Besides, I'm not "the first one" to say "AKB is trending downward". It has been repeated on various fora. If you don't want to go to Hallyuplus, you can leave the question on Reddit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

It's a funny place to find the answer. The members there will say that AKB is doom and nothing close to their unnie, oppa. ;) Good luck.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

I don’t know why you insist that I am talking about:
    a)How to know whether AKB48 is on decline
    or
    b)Whether AKB48 is on decline or not?
    I am not talking about that and I am pretty much well aware that AKB48 is declining.

I am talking about the factor that lead to the decline of AKB48. The first one that talk about "AKB48 is declining because so and so" in this thread is you which lead me to quote you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. welp

welp Next Girls

Mr. Jirath on BNK and the plan for its 3rd year. (mostly redundant to the article I've posted.)
    https://www.posttoday.com/market/news/595032
    BNK, the elder sister group, will be re-positioned to play in Asian league next to AKB.

Key to success is the continuation of various activities, films, events and music to keep the attention to the group. The company has planned to release 4 films yearly. "I find film an interesting and potential market. They aren't many Thai films released yearly. In comparison, the content on online and TV platforms are hugely diverse and competitive."

To the hot question if BNK has been on the decline due to various rumors, Jirath answered "Every times there is a rumor such as, the rumor on transferring members, it almost always trends on Twitter. Thus, I positively think the group still is trending."

A factor solidifying 48 brand in the country is the "fan based economy" strategy.

You didn't check it out then. Funnily, that K-pop oriented forum is possibly the second most active inter forum on J-pop after this one. Also, most users on AKB thread there are J-pop biased and seldom post anything outside J-ent section.

Are you alright? You're the one to bring up the topic "what leads to the decline of AKB48". Initially, I said the group was on a downhill and you are the one keeps asking how, when and why. I only said so and so because you asked me first.

14. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

This is your first statement that I quote:

15. PunShark

PunShark Kenkyuusei

Theater live will be available to everyone (after Founder member initial testing period) from July 19 (Team BIII 100th Show Anniversary with all 22 members).

So far there are two subscription options. Monthly for 500 Bahts (~$16) and yearly for 4800 Bahts (~$160). Not sure about pay per show yet.

Early bird promotion right now is that if you do the yearly subscription between July 17-Aug 5, you will get 6,000 cookies and one extra month for free.

The yearly sub 's extremely cheap and well worth it I think. I'll wait to see the review from the first couple shows and may do a yearly one before Aug 5. They said you can watch recorded shows up to 3 month before they are deleted of the system.

Detail in Thai is here.
    https://topup.bnk48official.app/

16. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
  17. welp

welp Next Girls

Myyu's younger sister, Mew, to debut in a girl group "Violet Wink".
    https://www.facebook.com/violetwink...927990529232/2363927877195910/?type=3&theater
    Just like her sister, Mew is a great dancer. I have no idea if she can sing, never heard her voice.

It clearly was a comment the current situation of AKB48, not the history to its fall. If you can't understand this much ... Welp.

18. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

I am accusing you as:
    a)The first one that bring the issues "the factor that lead to the decline of AKB48"
    or to rephrase, I am accusing you as:
    b)The first one that talk about "AKB48 is declining because so and so".

Your statement clearly have "why" and "because" in it.

Whether what you mean in your first statement I quote is current situation or history of AKB48 is irrelevant to my accusation. The talk about historical development of AKB48 come later but my accusation still stand.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  19. R7-OZ

R7-OZ Kenkyuusei

if the video does not show watch the video here

Reborn !!!

• Like Like x 2
  20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    TIF 2019

• Like Like x 1