[GENERAL] THE JKT48 thread!

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 12, 2012.

1. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    He/she got a point there about why not sell the cds/dvds at Lawson and other alfa group..it's easier to reach for most people..not everyday people can go to theater (especially far fans),cd stores..but people go to mini market almost everyday..

Just heard that the 3rd AKB48 kouhaku utta gassen will be held at the 17 of this month..
    So JKT will participate at the event for the third time before the anniversary concert..but that's if they're gonna go or not..

2. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    ^
    It's a good poin, yeah, but that's not what i hate from her/his post and if you following her/his post on IDWS, you will know s/he's annoying :|

I hope JKT got a chance to perform a unit song in this event but i think it's impossible :^^;:

===

Is that Yona?

[​IMG]

3. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    Me too..I wanna see JKT members doing unit songs mix with other sister groups members..
    :D

And yes,that is Yona..from what I heard is that she was supposed to be one of Managu senbatsu..
    But in the middle of production of the video..she change her hair drastically..which could messed up with the continuity of the video..and they're already behind schedule..so they decided to un-senbatsu her..

4. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Well maybe we can see Rena in unit song but i want Sendy-Stella duet (Temodemo/Enjou Rosen/Manazashi, Sayonara [hehe])

Wait she change her hair? i thought she's wearing a wig in that picture

EDIT: eh it's not a wig :^^;:

5. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Changing hairstyle resulting in demoted from senbatsu list [rofl]

6. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    wow, that was an unprofessional attitude of her. did she think it first when she decided to change her hairstyle? so, who is her substitute then?

7. anakdekan

anakdekan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Angelina Christy
    Twitter:
    anakdekan
    From the info i got her subtitute is noella and her name printed in the cover of Manatsu no Sounds Good cover, for now Yona served as under if noella and akicha absent (if stella absent too)

8. Vicz48

Vicz48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    rezkywirantidhike
    ^
    ^
    It's Noella. Noella was the only one who did not take any part in Bali shooting. She replaced Yona for Malaysia shooting.
    Yona's case reminds me with Nabilah's RIVER PV issue. Nabilah did not take part in RIVER PV shooting due to her illness on the PV shooting day. She got replaced by Sonia (only on the dance part with RIVER seifuku). Nabilah still retained her Senbatsu status though. Yona did not have the same privilege. Rumor has it that Yona's place on JKT48 2014 calendar senbatsu is actually related to her revoked Managu single Senbatsu place.

9. RedSuns

RedSuns Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jessicaveranda
    Anybody read JKT48 Story sakurasi version? I think it's interesting that for the first gen audition, they said the purpose was for commercial not for JKT48 group (even though it's not entirely wrong), but i still think it's public lies. No wonder some of the girls was out even before they start the first performance. Made me even amazed with 1st gen member who still held up until now

10. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    Yup,I've heard that story somewhere before..even before steve posted it..someone posted it in this forum waaaaay back I think...the first intention was for having a brand image for japanese products here in indonesia..promote them, AKB is a japanese product so I guess it's another way to introduce 48 franchise to indonesians..and maybe after a half a year or so..they decided to be a real 48 group,by building their own Theater..I haven't read steve's post though..

11. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    hmm, interesting. maybe it was an effort to "re-promote" (J-stuff was booming back in 2000's thanks to anime and manga if I'm not mistaken) cool and kawaii japan? or maybe also an attempt to restrain korean wave? (no offense here) [sealed]

12. KageTora

KageTora Kenkyuusei

I wonder if that means it is 2nd Gen onward that are closer to the spirit of AKB48 :
    - started from nothing,
    - debuted from the theatre,
    - only had their media appearance lately,
    - haven't represent the group in Japan (final audition is not counted)

These are stark contrasts with 1st Gen :
    - some experiences in entertainment industry,
    - debuted through media,
    - higher media exposure,
    - represented the group in Japan
    The rumored 'annual contract' are also more like some professional entertainers than fostered talents. I wonder if such contract is also applied to 2nd Gen, or if such model still applied for the next coming year.

I wonder if 1st Gen's role are more transitional ones :
    - promoting japanese idol culture
    - setting new standard for a unique strain of such culture,
    - building bridge of culture and business between two culture,

Perhaps this is why they haven't had their original single / setlist : they are still more in transitional phase.

yeah, I know there are too much generalization. Just a fleeting thought though.

13. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    Interesting to discuss..about the korean wave..another reason why JKT is very hard to reach General audience besides AKB purist fan is almost everybody here in indonesia has been very effected by the korean wave..even some people doesn't even care if Those Girl/boy group are copycats of the original korean group they still find them interesting..they are getting used to the korean style right now.. Unlike at the late 90s and early 2000s where J culture was very booming here..
    So,JKT is like in a world where they must challenge this Korean Wave...don't get me wrong,I don't hate them..but this is the reality that they must face..those groups are not they're biggest rival,but the K culture spread are..

14. kurisu

kurisu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    I'm still reading through this thread, so forgive me a little.
    On the whole "kpop wave" though, it doesn't strike me that different from the "brit pop wave".
    It really is just stylized bands, based more on one member being able to deliver that one certain spine chilling note... and then, really great choreography.

We say "Jpop" a lot... but the true distinction is "idol group" and starting something from "nothing".

Jpop in the way of AKB48 is so largely different, it's not about being the best, it's about growing with the group. You're not looking for a perfection, you want your oshimen to grow as you do.
    And JKT48 has to be about defending your idol in some ways... they're younger and less experienced, this process is about them learning and getting better.

That's definitely not the message of Kpop... which is kind of: "perfect". Everything is perfect and exact and they trained for YEARS prior before they début.

15. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    That is what makes JKT48 unique in this matter the whole 48 group..from zero to hero concept is why makes them interesting..it's been hard for me to explain about this to people who keeps asking "what so special about them?"
    But,what I meant from my post is right now indonesia is in a Kpop trend..starting from their idols,music,dorama..heck when I was still in junior high..televisions here only air Japanese dorama,anime every sunday morning and weekdays after school..there's only some popular K-dorama aired here (winter sonata)..now,tvs only show K-dorama,lesser anime..
    The point is people here are "brainwashed" with it..

Now,can JKT overcome those people who already "brainwashed" by the korean wave..?
    Hahahaha,I've been holding this thought quite a while..finally able to let it out..

One other thing..Maybe..I say again,MAYBE if JKT got their original single..with easier lyrics to digest for indonesian people..it can boost their popularity even more..so far,even though the lyrics have been translated people still a little bit strange with it..

It's just a thought I have..maybe some of you will disagree with me.. :)

16. Vicz48

Vicz48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    rezkywirantidhike
    In my personal and very subjective opinion, that's not the reason why JKT48 has yet to have their original single.

1. JKT48 are an example of franchising and licensing (song copyright) business model.
    The franchising part: Dentsu Indonesia (the franchisee) use AKS (the franchisor) successful business model and brand name to operate what is effectively an independent branch of the company. The franchisor maintains a considerable degree of control over the operations and processes used by the franchisee.
    A very simple illustration: McDonald Indonesia use the same Jim Delligatti's Big Mac recipe which is also used by McDonald franchises in other countries. Ray Kroc does not allow Jim Delligatti or other person to create an original and exclusive Big Mac recipe for McDonald Indonesia.

As for the licensing (song copyright) part: Aki-P, his fellow music composers & arrangers and JPN48 recording labels (Aki-P-tachi) hold the copyright of all JPN48 songs. In terms of licensing business for JKT48 songs, Aki-P-tachi act as the licensor and Dentsu Indonesia act as the licensee. In most music publishing agreements, there is a requirement that the songwriter assign the copyright of the written song to the publisher (in JKT48 case, Dentsu Indonesia). This is known as a "transfer of copyright," or simply "assignment." This, in effect, transfers ownership of the song to the publisher in exchange for the payment to the songwriter of royalties in amounts and time intervals agreed upon in the publishing contract. Typically, song copyrights are held by the music publishers, while sound recordings are controlled by the record companies (in JKT48 case, HITS Records).
    A very simple illustration of licensing business: (1) Indonesian readers only get Robert Kiyosaki's already-published-in-origin-country titles (in Indonesian language/translated version or still in English/imported version) instead of exclusive and original ones; (2) any International singers whose recordings are sold in other countries without any exclusive and original songs for each of those other countries.

2. Language problems
    Aki-P cannot speak Indonesian and thus cannot do song writing in Indonesian. He's already busy with his song writing for JPN48 and other production schedule, let alone share time to learn Indonesian language. Even if he managed to master Indonesian to the point of song writing level, will he be ready to put in the same efforts for SNH48 and future overseas 48G (If there would be any)? Will this lead to Aki-P working together with local (Indonesian or Chinese) lyricists which means more royalty sharing aka lesser slice of pie? NO chance.

3. Song production cost
    This is actually related to the licensing business I explained above. Translated song production cost are not the licensor's problem. The licensee is the one who has to bear the translated song production cost. Here is a rough example of song production cost. In JKT48 case, the translated song production cost are limited to JKT48 members', backing vocals', lyric translators', CD recording staffs' honorariums, media promotional related activities (radio station, TV station, etc.), and the CD (and its bonus contents) manufacture. Aki-P-tachi bear song production cost only once (for any given new JPN48 song) but they get multiple song royalties from JPN48 and the translated versions from JKT48, SNH48 and perhaps other overseas (future) 48 sister groups. Translated songs (for overseas 48) don't need song writing cost unlike new songs (for JPN48).

I stand by what I typed in previous postings of mine in this forum or others that JKT48 are very highly unlikely to have their own original song. I have been holding this belief since before JKT48 1st album "Heavy Rotation" even launched. I do not believe JKT48 original song will significantly have higher sales than before because to many Indonesian (non JPN48 song listener), the translated songs for JKT48 sound as new as any JPN48 original ones. To many Indonesians, the very first time they listened (via TV, Radio, or physical CDs) to Heavy Rotation, RIVER, Managu and others are JKT48 versions and not the JPN48 ones.

I concur that K-Pop (SNSD, SuJu, etc.) fans in Indonesia are a lot. But I doubt K-Pop styled Indonesian boybands' & girlbands' fans are as many as JKT48 fans. My opinion is very subjective but most of K-Pop fans that I know like JKT48 much more than those K-Pop styled Indonesian boybands & girlbands.

17. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    well, I think now is the perfect momentum for JKT to rise. considering korean wave is not as strong as before (for me). In my opinion, musical industry in Indonesia is never stable. Indonesian public are quickly get bored. and I think JKT is doing good job by constantly releasing new single, though just JPN48 songs. it keeps them have fresh image, rather than same songs that was choked down to public ears. something that most of Indonesian musicians don't do nowadays.

18. supaisu

supaisu Kenkyuusei

This is my rant:

They always had their momentum each single, to escalate their popularity even higher imo, but the thing is they never did the promotion right. While I think the release announcement of Yuuhi was bad enough, I never expected them to announce a new single release on the exact same day it being released. Personally it makes me (a fan) can't care enough for their releases since it's like they are playing me. Money doesn't come from a tree, you know

/end of rant

19. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    Yeah,I wonder why they keep doing that?
    Bad Promotion is always the case..the not so bad promotion was RIVER and Fortune Cookie In Love I think..
    RIVER was their 1st so the enthusiasm is high..and KFC was announced a month before release,gave people opportunity to save some money..under management of a well know advertising company,but always execute bad promotion every time releasing their product

20. Andi Rahmat

Andi Rahmat Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    zebimagnoliafawwaz
    Guys, this will be a big oneliner.

Buying concert DVD from Nadatop will net you a SHAMEKAI TICKET.