1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] THE JKT48 thread!

Discussion in 'General JKT48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Eddypi

Eddypi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakagawaharuka
    I think the front runners for 3rd Gen Ace are Michelle, Andela and Elaine. Each of them have their strong potential/talents and unique character. Though I hope Michelle and Andela can be double ace for 3rd Gen.

2. Rinupft

Rinupft Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    Lindaapft
    kojiharu is her oshi, right? i rarely follow jkt's member especially 3rd generation, i just know michelle, andela, elaine, and milenia in her generation and lately i lost my interest to jkt's member except for 1st generation.:^^;:

by the way about the ace, who is the ace of each generation? :confused: in 1st generation, sure we have melody as center, ace and the face of JKT48 but i wonder for 2nd and 3rd gen.
    2nd gen have Rona and Yupi. in the first debut i see that management pushed Rona to center position and become melody's under, like management try to make her as ace but lately what i know is management push her back behind Yupi. In other hand yupi become a stable senbatsu meanwhile Rona just 3 times choosen and she has got a lot of opportunity than Rona as lawson member(Rona's also lawson member[hehe]), went to niseko resort with kinal, jeje and cindy and participate on a lots of TV CM .
    it's make me wonder who is the real ace of 2nd gen :confused:

for 3rd gen i don't know at all who is the ace or even management favor.

3. abaone94

abaone94 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    melodynurramdhani
    Twitter:
    abaone94
    ^
    I think it is fair to say that Yupi is the chosen ace for the 2nd gens; considering that she appeared in more singles than Ayen. She also made it to senbatsu rank in the last sousenkyo, which IMO further strengthened the reason for JOT to make her as a permanent 2nd gen ace. Not to mention that she often centered JKT48 senbatsu song in several opportunities as well.

While in the 3rd gen, there is an even lead between 4 members: Andela, Elaine, Michelle, and Milenia. I think the ace for this generation will be withdrawn from this 4 top-tier members, though a push to Michelle seemed to be very apparent.

4. anakdekan

anakdekan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Angelina Christy
    Twitter:
    anakdekan
    Diasta will team up with Danny Choo to host AFA ID

[​IMG]

5. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    ^ for a second i thought you put a wrong picture here, she looks like Akicha :eek:

2nd gen ace is Yupi and Naomi and 3rd gen aces is Elaine-Andela with Michelle-Milen as co-ace/co-center

Also can someone explained to me why there's so much hate on Michelle's photo with team A? at least 10 people on my timeline bashing her yesterday and they're not 'alay' or newbie fans so i can't understand the hate :hmm:

EDIT: some news from @JKT48stuff

6. kurisu

kurisu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Yupi is the ace without a doubt, and I think Ayen dropped off some in terms of overall momentum... and now Viny is ahead her.
    (Ayen/Yona/Naomi all seem to be stronger communicators though.)

Hanna... and Beby seem to be in the same place within their respective teams: High tier, strong fan bases and popular, but they hardly ever speak on behalf of the group/team.

And I would say the same is true for Ve and Viny sharing a similar spot.
    Viny actually got pointed out, and mentioned as having a charming smile by an Okayama University student... I think that kind of says a lot about where Viny's power is. She's charming, she's attractive and presentable, professional and well mannered... and like, Ve, strongest in terms of handshakes.
    She's the 'visual'... to borrow a concept, and Yupi is the center/face of Team KIII.

As for 3rd Gens, AndElaine seems to have a lot of momentum to me... they've both centered songs on a non-theater stage; I think management trust them a lot.
    (Captain material...?)

Michelle's presence seemed strongest at the beginning, (she always got the loudest cheers & shouts, right?) but at some point, I think, because of the milder fan reviews of her... AndElaine kind of pulled a little ahead.

And now Michelle's push is back and more obvious than ever..., she also had that Trax FM appearance and the members sang live.

And Milen to me, kind of has the weakest push... but she's also the youngest out of the 4.
    I hear she was recently in the hospital too? So, it's probably a good thing she has the less amount of pressure on her, and anyway, she can always bounce back if she keeps up her training and body conditioning.

7. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    This is the first time JKT acts as a senior member to a japanese member as their junior :D image.jpg

8. Rinupft

Rinupft Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    Lindaapft
    i think each generation just have one ace, all i know is they don't share ace, they just shared center position :3

and then who is centered KKS stage ? does michelle did it?

i guess management give same push to those 4 members[hehe] but after see that michelle visit japan and you said she made TraxFM appearance and then i'm sure that michelle have different kind of push.

9. CherryBlossom48

CherryBlossom48 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    ^ then i have to say, the 2nd and 3rd generation doesn't have ace yet, Yupi is almost locked but i think JOT also considering Naomi as ace too

KKS stage center is Andela-Milen but JOT never push Milen like they did to Andela-Michelle-Elaine, out of this 4 i can say Michelle is management favourit :fear:

10. kurisu

kurisu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    ^^ Adding to this:
    I think Michelle also does herself a favor in that she specifically wants to be an idol, and not an actress or, pursue being a dancer or choreographer.
    (Also, she has the knowledge base to back it up, having been a jpop fangirl herself.)

You know how in 'Popcorn Dreams', and on one side you have Melody mentioning how the song "JKT48" has a dangdut-feel and she kind of embraces that... and the other members do too, because it's fun and familiar.

And then on the complete other side was Reino Barack, and he didn't like that at all. His argument being that Indonesia already has dangdut artists and JKT48 should aim to be different.

I think it's possibly Michelle who best fits his mold of what JKT should be, if, by what he meant was for them to stick closer to their Japanese roots.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  11. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    From ANA x AKB event

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Somehow when Team 8 have their first original song, make me pity for JKT48.

13. RacerMCMXCVII

RacerMCMXCVII Kenkyuusei

^yeah but think how much money AkiP would lose if he were to give us an original song...he'd have to write the song then have it translated into Indonesian, after which he won't know just how much of a hit it'll be, considering the fact that jkt still isn't that popular...plus the other teams won't be able to use the song in concerts, since most of them know as much Indonesian as our members know Japanese...

14. leongekicau

leongekicau Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    So that is the problem. Depending on how she communicate it, It could come out as demeaning and snobbish. Since not all JKT48 fans came from medium class families or is one. It might be demeaning to look down on your own culture. granted that she might not agree to that since her culture is Indonesian chinese culture (basing on her looks stereotypically speaking).
    Also based on my observation on her clothes, she might be of medium class family just like most JKT48 member. Those who are from that class, tends to find dangdut as low class and therefore don't want to be on that class.
    So i can understand it, as Dangdut nowdays is targetting the non rich/medium so that it dosn't look appealing to those in that class.
    Also since I grew up as a weaboo, i can understand her wanting it not to be overly localised.

TL;DR Depending on how she communicate it, it might sound snobbish and demeaning towards the fans. Even though i can understand why she is what she is. I used to love japan culture too and wish it wasn't localised.

15. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    How exactly would he lose money again? It's definitely going to sell as well as JKT48's other singles -- handshake tickets, remember? -- if not more, considering fans will get all sentimental about their favorite group's first "real" songs. At the end of the day, if the single earns more revenues than the cost (how expensive can a translator be, honestly), then it's a profitable situation for JOT/Aki-P. Also, they can always turn the songs to Japanese for other teams, like they translate Japanese to Indonesian and Chinese.

I'm pretty sure they haven't given JKT a proper original song yet because Aki-P has a lot of homework to do. Where was the promised new stages by 2014 again? :glare:

Aki-P is grinding out songs for five Japanese groups. If he can just throw old songs to the foreign sister groups and have them translated, why should he bother putting effort in making new ones? He's not wary of losing money; he's just smart enough to avoid more workload ;)

16. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    I've mentioned this before...making a new song is not as cheap as recycling an old song...

And it's not just writing the song,translating the song,designing the costume,and recording

They must pay an arranger..to arrange a completely new music...pay a choreographer to design a new dance moves...that needs more money than redoing something that is already exist....

17. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    They need to pay for new costumes (all of JKT48's costumes are different from their sister groups'), hire a translator, and record the songs for hand-me-downs as well, though.

The extra cost would only be for a composer and a choreographer, and they're not that terribly expensive, when you take into account how much revenues the management is going to earn. If indie groups that sell less than ten thousand copies of CDs can afford new music and dance moves periodically, then why can't JKT? I mean, JKT obviously has more capital to spend than most of the girl bands/groups in Indonesia. Heavy Rotation sold 70,000 copies, and that's a Rp 100k album. I expect a Rp 40k single with handshake tickets will sell a lot more, especially with the addition of 3rd gen -- more members = more HS tix to be sold.

18. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    ^
    that's if the JKT48 operation team hired a local arranger...the cost maybe less expensive...what if Aki-p wants the arranger to be the people he used to work with...that's whole different price...not to mention the royalty to him for a song,if necessary...

but yeah,maybe they could hire a local one...but we don't know if they could reach Aki-p's standards...

another but...SNH48,the most wealthiest overseas group themselves doesn't have an original single yet too...they have tons of resources...
    so maybe it's not about the money...it could something else,we don't know....

19. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    Nah, there are lots of indie idol groups in Japan that still release new materials despite not being the wealthiest.

Like I said though, it's most likely that Aki-P is just not bothered to enough to pen a new song for them. He has a lot on his plate already and so far the foreign sister groups seem to be doing just fine covering the JPN48's songs, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    i know,i'm just saying that money isn't really the problem
    well if that's the reason...i hope people would stop complaining if JKT still bringing AKB (and other sister groups) songs...
    and hope JPN48 fans wouldn't mind either...since all decisions came straight from the top...