1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

the 46 franchise doesnt have a theater so even if its based in Nagoya the reality is they will be in Tokyo

2. al9000

al9000 Kenkyuusei

I hope so

3. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Well here's the thing.

We know AKS has a huge alliance with Johnny's... so will this group be under AKS management?

Since it's coed, I have an inkling that it might be Johnny's

4. mb1619

mb1619 Kenkyuusei

Big announcement. I think I will follow Torizaka46 becuase Nogi are my favourite group. I don't really follow NMB, SKE, JKT or SNH an awful lot and have zero interest in HKT so for me personally it probably won't be too much. Although with Kitarie involved I was going to follow NGT...

Hopefully this will mean more not less opportunities for Nogi members but that depends on if they clog up Nogi senbatsu with sister group girls like in AKB :gavel:. I think the 12-20 age range is rather narrow, I would have liked to see something like 23 as the upper bound like in NGT48 audition. Furthermore gender choice in the application, what the... o_O Someone suggested that the audition will concurrently audition for new members to Nogizaka, is this true?

Edit: Also, can 20 year-old girls take part? I know in MoMusu they recently audition for 10-17 year-old but in reality the oldest girls who can take the audition are 16 as the requirement actually means BEFORE 17th birthday. How does it work in this case?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  5. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

^Application is for females aged 12-20. The application form is wrong unless they want "talent" like Haruna Ai or Matsuko Deluxe.

6. lonely_cookies

lonely_cookies Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Lol I think that gender thing was a mistake, I don't see that on the form anymore. The application criteria clearly says 12-20 year old girls haha

7. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

^Yeah they must've caught the error and fixed it immediately.

8. greatmaxpower16

greatmaxpower16 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I'm quite fine with this because this is definitely better than 3rd generation. What I don't want is, Nogi being the mothership and all sister groups could join their single just like Akb

9. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Crap, the gender thing gave me some hope that maybe this was an elaborate joke but now that's cleared up... I really don't want to believe a sister group is coming. I mean, they could handle sister groups like normal groups do and I would be fine with that... but chances are good Akimoto-san is going to get some grand vision of Nogizaka playing mothership to a bunch of other 46 groups at the expense of their own members. 2nd gen already can barely get in a single as is but UG will be dotted with Torii members. The Torii "ace" will probably get into fukujin before Misa does and that's after she's transferred over along with Chiharu and probably Ashurin too so they can have a popular, young, experienced member to place at front from the get go. I can see the incoming stream of graduations now. :fp:

10. ArashNine

ArashNine Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    One thing I like about 46/48 is the constant changes and new things that always pop up. Change is hard and we will have to get used to a new group but just wait as all of us naysayers or not end up liking the new group and finding new favourite members.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hitokage

Hitokage Kenkyuusei

I still can't find any Japanese sources that declare them as a sister group.

12. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    So they aren't actually labeled by the media as a sister group yet? Interesting... I hope there's actually more to them than being just a sister group.

13. lonely_cookies

lonely_cookies Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    They call them 'the continuation of the slope (sakamichi) series' on the official announcement...

14. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

TORIIZAKATTE, DOKO? :huh:

I can't believe no one's mentioned this yet. Clearly a spin-off show of Nogizakatte, Doko? and the obvious where the heck is this place a la Nogizaka.

If the group is based in Tokyo, I think some members of Nogi should be allowed to audition. We all know how much of a crap deal Nogi's senbatsu has of not changing up the rotation. This way Toriizaka gets some solid members to build off of (similar to how Team B and SKE were first formed).

Maybe instead of a new sister group, they could've broken down the group into teams (i.e. Team N, Z, 4, 6, or whatever). This would've given less popular members more exposure.

15. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

I didn't see this coming! I am kinda interested how it will turn out.

16. monomark

monomark Kenkyuusei

So I guess we'll be seeing members from Nogi and Torii invading each others' groups for the sake of cross-publicity?

That will probably end up helping Torii more than Nogi in the end. :|

But I guess maybe we'll finally see a major senbatsu shake-up in Nogi, though.

17. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Really we can stop the rumours of it being outside of Tokyo and being a co-ed group.
    Everybody knows it is Torizaka in Tokyo, and the co-ed sign up thing has been fixed by the website.

Really if they don't have a theater, there is no reason to put the group outside of Tokyo anyway. The only reason other 48 groups are outside of Tokyo is so fans in other cities go to their theatres.

18. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    i like nogi because of the less members..

19. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I'd be surprised if there aren't a few transfers. I hope it's for girls like Chiharu who could use a "second" chance and a couple of 2nd gen members since it's so hard for them to get attention with the way things are now. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for Misa either since it appears that for whatever reason mgmt has little interest in helping her advance further in Nogi. She was one of the senpai UG members looked up and is one of the most experienced Nogi members in general so I can easily see her filling a Sasshi like role in Torii.

Without a theater, I'm not sure how much teams would actually help. Team songs tend to run into the problem of being pretty focused on senbatsu members. Also, some of the things I do like about being a Nogi fan is not having to worry about team representation in senbatsu and there's no pressure to add more members to the group to balance out teams. No shuffles to mess with dynamics either. Also, I think the reason we get so many different units per single is because there are no stages to fill that void. Units have always been the best part of stages for me so I'd rather not sacrifice those for team songs.

20. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    They announce it as 'Sloping road series' in Kojichuu so I can see more groups named on slope road lol