[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Most sites and twitter feeds I've seen compliment Keyakizaka46. I am so proud of them, so proud and happy for their Tokyo Dome achievement! OMEDETOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Interesting that the choreographer was not Takahiro-sensei but CRE8BOY for the Techi solo song. Are they planning to have more choreographers than just Takahiro-sensei in the future which will represent a new Keyakizaka?

3. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I noticed that too. And the director for the MV is also the director for Hibiki. The dance really reminds me of Techi's iconic Nonfiction stage (which was also created by CRE8BOY). The song is trending at #7 on Japan Twitter. And we thought Keyaki didn't spoil us with anything from 9th single lol. It would indeed be interesting if we have CRE8BOY as choreographer beside Takahiro-sensei. But it could also be a one-time thing so who knows?

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. valerien

valerien Kenkyuusei

The director of the Hibiki movie also directed the MV. From my point of view, I think they are separating the resources for Hirate's solo activities from the group's? Takahiro will focus on Keyakizaka46 activities while others (CRE8BOY?) focus on Hirate's solo activities. With them dedicating the encore from yesterday's Tokyo Dome and then releasing the MV today and opening it up to international fans and not being geo-blocked, I feel that they are trying to branch out Hirate's solo activities to further gauge her popularity and see if it's viable on it's own?

At the moment, she has the support of many mainstream celebrities from different genres as well as the general public (bearing in mind that she was ranked 4th in the Nikkei Idol Rankings for 2019 when she has hardly done anything all year). Examples being Sekai No Owari writing their Stargazer song and had in mind Hirate Yurina as their protagonist and then inviting her to star in their MV which she accepted. And the interview from the Hibiki movie director where he asked her if she can sing the Hibiki song. They initially agreed to have a song without words for the Hibiki title track, but the director asked her if she can sing it instead. She was apprehensive at first because she didn't want the movie to end up being about her song and didn't want to take anything away from the movie, but she said that if he says that it's part of her work then she will do it. She also told him to make the decision only after he has heard the song, because she didn't want him to feel burdened that he has to include the song no matter what because of her.

There are many generic idol groups out there. News agencies are taking this all in because of the dramatic narrative (ie. Keyakizaka46 as an enigmatic group with a charismatic emotionally fragile center) and it sells well, and it can only benefit Keyakizaka46 for mainstream popularity. It certainly helped their narrative that she performed the encore song at last night's Tokyo Dome with a bleeding left hand.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Rev4

Rev4 Member

If the mngmt did that on purpose to put Ishimori, Mon, Fuuchan and Dani outside of the senbatsu and Ten-chan being there too I think Takahiro is going to create a choreo for a coupling song and CRE8BOY will do choreo for senbatsu to show a new side of Keyakizaka.

Yuuka has been teasing a new Keyakizaka the whole year until senbatsu system was announced. When she said they are getting stagnant I think she also meant same choreographer for each single and album.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

The MV is seriously so, so good. The song is so, so good. I remember first hearing a very low-quality rip of KwM prior to Hibiki release and immediately wanted the song to be released in a Keyaki single/album. Thank the heavens they gifted us with this much belated but much treasured PV release.

Love all the symbolism in the PV. Hirate simply nailed it. Her acting was haunting to say the least. I remember the director of Hibiki said the song/lyrics symbolizes the merging of the character of Hibiki and Hirate Yurina herself, and you can tell from the video that she is totally feeling this song.

I also wonder when this MV was shot because she looks exactly like she did during Sekai wa/Fukyouwaon era.

Because this post would be incomplete without screencaps..

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Not gonna lie, the male nuns(?) creeped me out a little :fear:

Lol, don't worry you sound perfectly coherent, and I'm glad you shared your experience of watching Hibiki. I've read so many posts from fans that Keyaki songs have really saved them, especially Silent Majority and Fukyouwaon to a lesser extent. I think Keyaki discography is by far one of the biggest reasons, if not the biggest reason, for their popularity in JP - not saying the girls' charms alone aren't capable of attracting fans but Keya releases have always been solid, popular on charts, and well-regarded. I know that their music alone gives me, and a lot of other fans I've spoken to, reason to continue stan the group, despite any issues we may have with how the group is run. The past single and Hirate's solo gives me faith that a high quality discography will continue to remain one of Keyaki's strengths.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rev4

Rev4 Member

One of the kss members (Rei Ozono) was saved by Eccentric so discography have big impact.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

Since the pv for KwM is released, I honestly think that this song put a perfect ending for Tokyo Dome with its theme "Be yourself". I dont think in this case mngm was favor her too much (a lot of times, i admit that they did) but it's more like they want to create a great impact from beginning to ending with coherence.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I wasn't there but having a "theme" is one of the things that make Keyaki different both in concerts than in their MVs so I agree about the perfect ending.

I also have to admit that while I couldn't understand nor feel the emotional impact Techi's solo had on fans yesterday, the PV hit me like a bulldozzer this morning. I've rambled too much in Techi's thread already so I'd spare you, but I found this small yet interesting and funny twitter report about yesterday concert that is not just about Techi. (Give kudos to the author if you are on twitter)

https://twitter.com/ariadne32391/status/1174682923741528066

I particularly like how people are describing Risa.
    For me she is a quiet girl who often even stop herself from doing more, from risking more and consequently, getting more. But she's also the joyous (if a bit tsundere) playmate first Shida and now Ozeki discovered and love.
    And now there's this supportive strong girl who became Neru's best friend while we were distracted, who was the first to hear about her choice, whom is now supporting the group and Techi as best as she can.
    An amazing growth as person I'm delighted to witness.

• Like Like x 4
  10. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I'm guessing this will be on the 9th single. I'm very thankful it seems that the Sakamichi videos aren't being geoblocked anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  12. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Everything about Kado is perfect. I was literally screaming by heart out when I saw the MV. Must have been utterly amazing to watch it live.

https://twitter.com/toomuchidea/status/1175020888036499457?s=21

Great applause to Mich for translating this article. It describes Arena Tour in details. This is the reason why we compare Keyaki concerts to stage play. The story, the production, the meaning... all the details match together beautifully and weave out a drama. Another must-release DVD from Keyaki.

It’s such a shame that Seed&Flower has only released two Keyaki concert DVDs so far. They still owe us Arena Tour 2018, 3rd Annila (Osaka&Budokan), Republic19, TKD (just finished) and now Arena Tour 2019.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

• Like Like x 1
  14. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Oda case is sad for everyone but not unfair. Koike minami said there was a written love ban rule, and i trust what she said. I agree members should be accountable of what they do and take responsabilities. They are pro after all

To bounce back to the discussion, management should use a new "meaning, production, stage play" to gradually introduce a more group-wide flavor, as well as the second gen. Thanks to that, Techi will get some rest and keyakizaka will stay keyakizaka.

But second gen needs to show outstanding personnality so the transition goes smoothly

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I'm not sure someone already posted it, in which case I apologise, but here another nice and long report of Tokyo Dome I stumbled upon today

https://twitter.com/_sunsetrider/status/1175261475125858309

meanwhile pictures are flooding and we are fed really really well.

Since awhile, perhaps just before senbatsu, I felt like Keyaki switched a flip and things started to change. It's not just about senbatsu, it's about the group's mindset and the direction every member seems to have accepted and enbraced. I think it's the first time I read about so many members interacting with each other, and 2ki are fitting right in to it, which is really really nice.

I dunno, just a feeling I wanted share.

16. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Rev4

Rev4 Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. DelicateEmpress

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    https://twitter.com/toomuchidea/status/1175351705132601344?s=20

ExTaishu conducted a survey on 300 males and 300 females in their 20s-40s on the popularity of Keyaki members.

*Which Keyaki member do you know? (Male)
    1. Hirate Yurina
    2. Sugai Yuuka
    3. Watanabe Risa
    4. Ishimori Nijika
    5. Ozeki Rina
    6. Kobayashi Yui
    7. Habu Mizuho
    8. Harada Aoi
    9. Moriya Akane, Watanabe Rika

*Which Keyaki member do you know? (Female)
    1. Hirate Yurina (45%)
    2. Sugai Yuuka (7.3%)
    3. Watanabe Risa (6.3%)
    4. Watanabe Rika (6.0%)
    5. Kobayashi Yui (5.7%)

*Which Keyaki member do you like the best? (Male)
    1. Sugai Yuuka
    2. Hirate Yurina
    3. Harada Aoi
    4. Watanabe Risa, Habu Mizuho, Watanabe Rika, Inoue Rina
    8. Ozeki Rika, Uemura Rina
    10. Kobayashi Yui, Moriya Akane, Oda Nana, Nagasawa Nanako, Takemoto Yui, Tamura Hono, Seki Yumiko

*Which Keyaki member do you like the best? (Female)
    1. Hirate Yurina (9.7%)
    2. Watanabe Risa (1.7%)
    3. Sugai Yuuka, Watanabe Rika (1.3%)
    5. Kobayashi Yui (1%)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 4
  19. valerien

valerien Kenkyuusei

Just to add, the survey was conducted on non-idol fans (probably asked them first if they are an idol fan as the leading first question as a filter).

On another note, "Kado wo magaru" MV has surpassed 1 million views on Youtube after 1.5 days which is massive for a solo MV (for comparison purposes, Hinatazaka46 surpassed 1 million views on Youtube on the 3rd day for their latest single). Management should look to release the 9th single soon, to build on their Tokyo Dome hype (which they should have foreseen and prepared for before Tokyo Dome).

• Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. Zaebore

Zaebore Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takamoto Ayaka
    For those of you interested of what the Tokyo dome performance was like for Keyakizaka fans in general. This video is a brief summary of a Japanese fan and her thoughts about the whole thing after attending a day in their presence.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    A short summary. The video is quite long and she goes through the setlist reviewing the songs and praising a lot of the Keyakizaka members. I found it to be an enjoyable video and is probably one of the best review videos from what I've seen about this so far. The beginning of the video features what's outside of the dome and it shows a preview clip of what to expect in seeing a brief glimpse of the performances held in Tokyo dome and what it will be like.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019