1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Keyakizaka are in the news for a unique and interesting reason.

Pro-democracy politician and activisit from Hong Kong Agnes Chow was recently detained on dubious charges and released on bail.
    When talking about her experience to the Japanese press (she's quite well known in Japan), she told them how she had the lyrics of Fukyouwaon in her mind during the experience.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    A dance group who decided to cover Fukyouwaon as first Keyaki cover.
    I appreciate the commitment, but wished they didn't start with the most hard song to dance. Fukyouwaon requires a lot of energy in every single move and they didn't bring it out.
    This said I gave them a like anyway, because it takes courage to try Keyaki after having covered Hinata and Nogi

Edit:
    @kanjo she already talked about Fukyouwaon months ago, when the protest started... I wish she'd stop to bring Keyaki into it, honestly.

3. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Why?

4. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @miwa because Keyaki is already associated too much with controversial politics. We stepped from the absurdity of having costumes too similar to Nazi uniforms, to Neru being bashed because she spoke up about the bombing if I don't remember wrong, and now this, no counting the fact Aki-p is Abe friend and that seems to matter only when it comes to Keyaki (but this could be just me not seeing people talking about it when it comes to other groups).

Regardless of my own belief and opinions about Hong Kong situation, I really wish she stop bringing Keyaki up

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    hmmm...

if the video does not show watch the video here

6. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

"Keyakizaka46" in the video ...and they show Hinata?

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Hahahaha. Someone obviously grabbed the wrong pic off Google Images. Cmiiw but I heard the news station already released an apology over it.

I'm not familiar with the activist, but I think the Keyaki members - withstanding their own political biases if they have any at all - would be pleased to hear about the impact of their song, which after all is meant to inspire rebellion/discord against the (corrupt) established authority. Obviously, they won't comment on it publicly. Not gonna get all political here but imo, there's really no other better fitting song to describe protestors' POV on what's happening in HK (and other countries) right now.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Agreed. Plus that "Boku wa yada" yell (one of its translations may be "I won't stand for it/I won't take it") also makes Fukyouwaon an anti-establishment song.

9. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I get it, but it's a popular cause in Japan and that's why she gets media attention.

Sorry I must have missed the first mention, this new item just came up on youtube trends for me

• Like Like x 1
  10. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Good eye @Jsprite :XD:

As a personal preference I really do not like it when politics mixes in with entertainment, sports, or what-not - case in point, all US sports have the BLM message emblazoned all over their activities. For me, sports is sports, entertainment is entertainment, politics is politics.

I'm sure the Keyaki girls all have their personal preferences when it comes to these topics, but the fact that I can separate the performers from their views makes me appreciate the art and the artist more. Its appreciating on the basis of talent and not because "I agree with their views, therefore their art is good."

I do applaud this girl for her bravery, though. And the fact that she's a Keyaki fan -- well, that's a plus.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The layers in this bit. Just say you have a MAGA hat and go.

Happy that the work of the girls (and AkiP) is inspiring activists all over Asia!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    Its still a publicity for them so why not. The worst they could risks is a ban from China but as long as the group or any member from the group dont voice out their political belief it should be fine

13. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Even if they get banned from China that doesn't affect Keyaki at all, they're in Japan, home of the second biggest music industry in the world. They never even attempted to venture into the Chinese market (unlike Nogizaka for example).

Personally you can't expect them to be removed from politics considering the lyrics they're known for. Media has an impact in real life meaning it's naive to expect it to be separated from politics.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Fukyouwaon (and Keyaki) is continuing to make the news as Ms. Chow's anthem for activism.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fukyouwaon re-entered music charts, and its music video is #2 on iTunes. Also trended on Twitter. Lots of people introduced to the song for the first time through this recent coverage. Youtube MV views alone increased by like 150k+ yesterday. Silent Majority is also getting some attention by association.

Seems like Ms. Chow (and the media) is promoting our girls better than S&F has for the past year and a half. :whistle:

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
  15. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Collateral publicity, best publicity...;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    BLM is a human rights movement, not a political stance. It's a privilege for you to even think this way.

I personally see nothing wrong with her using the song to lift her spirits. The song charting again out of nowhere does nothing but benefit the group, so what's the issue? And tbh, we as fans always talk about how cool keyaki are because of their anti-establishment stance with their songs. For us as keyaki fans to not like the idea of fukyouwaon or silent majority etc being used to motivate the people protesting the very same establishment the girls sing about, is very odd to me.

SNSD's 'Into the new World' is frequently used as a motivational song for protesters and activists all over asia, but the members themselves are not tied to it. This is the same thing.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  17. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Hm... I can't seem to remember a time she is ever being bashed for talking about Nagasaki atomic bomb

She already got featured twice in shows related to the remembrance of atomic bomb (one is very recent), wrote a comment and folded a paper crane that was displayed in the museum (Friends visited the museum last year, and it seems that they have already removed it from display)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    then we should go back and check it... or since I'm lazy, ask @ukifune when he comes around here, he was the one keeping tabs on Neru properly

@minaeshi everything is political, included and perhaps especially human right movements. And luckily so, or we would definitely lose all the hopes we have to make this world a better one.
    This said, please let me know when this Hong Kong discourse finishes so we can talk about ROK2019

19. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Is somebody stopping you from talking about it?

20. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Respect towards people who haven't seen it yet. Did you guys watched it?

Edit:
    I'd never think to see SuperM and Keyaki both anywhere, but here it is lol
    Friday 21th

https://twitter.com/Mst_com/status/1294256205976743939

and then Keyaki will be on CDTV on monday 24th.. at least something good is happening

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1