1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Here's a YouTube link:

if the video does not show watch the video here
    I loved it, it would've been a great single.
    I can't wait for Sakurazaka to come, I do think the rebellious style will be gone but that's not bad. I'm pretty sure the Sakurazaka style is something the members can pull off perfectly.
    ===========================
    About the thread change of name I think it's fine. I can't remember if the Hinata thread is the same of Hiragana Keyaki or a new one so it could be what was previously done to Hinata for Sakura.

2. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

IMO it doesn't make sense to have two different general threads for the same group, just because of a name change.

• Agree Agree x 9
  3. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

If it is just a name change (like Toriizaka), it make sense not to start a new thread, but if there are major stylistic changes to the group, especially in terms of musical direction, then the case can be made for a new thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

This thread is pretty legendary. Would hate to just discard it because of the new name, especially since they're still the same group of girls and all.

I like the song better after seeing the choreo. To be honest, when I first heard it, I thought it was such a snooze-fest and couldn't believe it was once selected as an A-side.
    The performance just screams one message though: 2ki (+ Yuuka) = future of Sakurazaka

Morita seemed a bit tired and off in that perf imo. I was much more impressed with Karin & Hono than her. But I'm glad all three were given a chance in the spotlight.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    It is okay to change the thread name. But, for graduate members thread, I think mod need to keep it as grad keya members thread. After all, they were graduated from keya, not sakurazaka.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    lmao. why the need to debate about making new thread for the same old group, even if it changed its music wise and name?? the members ARE COMPLETELY THE SAME, genre difference is not important. every group does not stick to one genre and one concept for god sake. keya fans(international one) are hilarious.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    But members will eventually graduate from Sakurazaka.

Options I see:
    1. "Sakurazaka graduates": graduates of Sakurazaka and girls who graduated from the group that is now known as Sakurazaka
    2. "Keyakizaka graduates": graduates of Keyakizaka and girls who graduated from the group that was once called Keyakizaka
    3. Two separate "graduates" forums

I think option 1 is the best and option 3 the worst (just overdoing it for the sake of being precise with 9 members who will eventually be a drop in the graduates bucket)

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    As someone who stays more on the 48 side, here is another thought. On the 48 side, everyone graduates from their last team. You could mark those who graduated from Keya as Keya grads, e.g., Keya 1st gen, while remaining in the Sakura grads subforum. New grads would be Sakura grads. As an example,

Hirate Yurina (Techi) / Keyakisaka 1st Generation

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
  9. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    How about a sub thread in the graduated members thread? Something like "Gallery" sub thread in the members thread.

• Like Like x 1
  10. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

You need to take a chill pill.

It's a brand new start for the group. Sort of like a rebirth. So I can see both sides of the argument, though I'd really prefer keeping this thread so it can keep its status as probably the most popular active thread on this site.

Only half-joking.

11. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    should have waited untill 13th October to make it more symbolic as keyakizaka is living its last days :cry:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Kind of curious, so, would all of the current members called as Sakurazaka 1st gen or..?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    @sambelteri12 If we see how Hinatazaka generation works, I think Sakurazaka will use the Keya gen system. So, they won't be called 1st gen. But, we don't know how it will be? Maybe they decide to remove all those generation gaps.
    Hinatazaka 1st gen once tried to remove this system. But, afaik, 2nd and 3rd gen didn't want that, because they know how hard the 1st gen struggle to finally debut as Hinatazaka.

14. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I saw a screenshot of - I presume - Keyakitte, where it said Sakura will start with a 1st gen and it will be made by 1st,2nd and 2-2nd Keyaki gen. I'm not sure it was legit, but it may be. I mean, mngmnt did worse, it wouldn't surprise me.
    Edit: RESET THAT, It was just the announcement about old and new 2ki being 1 generation now

@kanjo I would have liked for you to wait. I see many people don't care, and a name it's just a name. But it's Keyaki's name and Keyaki is still there, even if just for a bit, until the 12th or 13th, depending on mngmnt plans.
    As for this thread, I'd like to have a new one for Sakurazaka's general thread so that it would be easy for future fans too, read the 2 threads more easily and learn about our story on their pace from day/page one onwards for both groups.
    Also, it will be easier for them make keyaki eventual questions in keyaki thread and for us to answer without getting upset because people are talking about the past in Sakurazaka thread... something I imagine will happen even too easily.
    Last, for the graduated members, I agree with @sscrla If we eventually will have to add Nijika, Keyaki graduates will be 9 + 1 (sorry but, lol) Those 9 could have the name of the group in the title so to divide them from future graduates.

I don't expect the titles to be changed back again, but I wanted tell my thoughts about these changes

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    It's a bit early to change the name and the reasons for it aren't very strong so I wonder why the haste...

It's not for me personally since I am not emotionally attached to the name, but I can understand why people who are, are not happy about it. It ain't over until it's over.

• Like Like x 3
  16. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    I too believe that the renaming could have been done after the Last live. But oh well, what's done is done.

What will happen to Keyaki's YT channel, I wonder. They now have a healthy 1 mil. subscriptions. Starting everything anew sure feels like a waste...

17. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Well, I think that's part of the change, they're going to start at everything but always remeberijg what they were in the past. And I think that's good way to know if all the fans are going to follow them as Sakura.

18. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I'll change it back to Keyaki for now. It clearly matters a lot to people who want it to be Keyaki until after the concert.
    Very sorry for the confusion. I hope people who disagree with the reversal can be patient with my and my misplaced haste for another 2 weeks.

I'll change it back to Sakurazaka on ~lunchtime 14 October JST

Re: graduates. Sscrla's idea seems like the best solution. Adding a subforum would hide away the Keyaki grads and make them harder to find.

Re: the thread. This is difficult. Opinions are clearly divided but important to some. The next post will be a poll on the subject (for clarity's sake)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  19. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Sakurazaka/Keyakizaka general thread poll

"React" to this post to vote

1. Continue using this thread with the new name: agree

2. Keep this thread as the Keyaki thread and make a new thread for Sakurazaka activities: disagree

3. Continue using this thread with the new name but make a new thread for Keyaki era discussion: creative

Please skip if you don't feel strongly any particular way.

• Agree Agree x 38
    • Disagree Disagree x 16
    • Creative Creative x 4
  20. Novakayne

Novakayne Member

[dead link]
    Apparently there is a Manga creator who is a huge fan of Keyakizaka. The creator of Fire Force (aka En'en no Shōbōtai) snuck in the infamous Risa/Koike Tissue scene into an episode of the anime. Don't which episode this exactly is cause I only read the manga of this but I thought it was cool to see the homage to the group.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3