1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    I think I might be repeating what I have already said, so unless I have different thing to say, this will be my last post about it.

Has such thing been officially announced?

Do you have official sources that says this? One that still holds up until now, the third election.

If no such thing, then it isn't official and only assumptions.

From what I can see :
    • The election's terms & conditions says that the top 48 will be 3rd gen members
    • Nothing was said for the unranked or those below 48th rank
    • Nothing was said for the non-participants
    • The 4 girls were not announced to be leaving the group (not yet, at least), only them not participating in the election

Then I assume that the members can't just not participate in the election, and that the management only allows non-participation if they agree to whatever reasons and that this happens behind the scene, behind the doors, not being known to the public. I then assume that the management allows non-participation only if the girls were meant to leave soon after the election. Then it means they are not being transparent because they did not clearly say the girls will be leaving the group and when. These are my assumptions, and it is not relevant to my line of questioning.

But as far as what has been officially announced, rank 1-48 = 3rd gen members, non-participation =/= unranked, unranked ~ trainees (based on previous conduct, but quota of the trainees is still unclear), so for non-participants technically they can still be part of the group, as trainees. Can being the operative word.
    Wait, they can even stay as members. Because the terms & conditions doesn't say the top 48 will be chosen as the only official members. Only being the operative word.
    So technically speaking, non-participants can continue being members after the election. This is not my assumption, this is me speaking based on technicality, based on the election's terms & conditions officially released.

To the public, this raises question and presents loophole to the MNL48 membership system which is tied to the election results.

So no, them not announcing when these girls are leaving, nope, that is not a wise decision. Especially when they have no articles addressing what will happen to non-participants.

And for the last time, I'm not questioning what these personal reasons entail of.
    I'm questioning how non-participation in the election affects the girls' status as being part of the group, be it as members or trainees.

2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    My guess is we will know after the election. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Yeah, that's what I think too.

Can't change that it makes me feel a bit iffy though. In a way, the notion feels shady / manipulative.

Even if the 4 girls were to leave a short while after the election, it doesn't change the fact that these girls technically avoided the risk of "Death SSK" by not participating. They survived the election and gets to still be part of the group after it, no matter how short that may be.

The lesson is : do not participate in the election so you can survive, but risk cutting short the time you will have being part of MNL48. Otherwise, join the election and risk not ranking within the top 48 to stay part of MNL48.

4. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Why do we have to discuss about this? Fans already know that Rans, Lei and Rowee have been forced to graduate (kicked out of the group). It's right time to do it when 2nd year nearly ends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Just see the 2nd GE results. They don't go over 48 official members.

KKS count is up in the air, it's a different count between 1st and 2nd GE.

Lol.. where did you get that info? Is it an official statement?

wow you must be in denial or new to MNL48. That's not how it works FYI.

To end your clueless questions, read them and weep between the lines..

We are grateful for the talent and dedication that the girls shared with us and we wish them all the best in their future endeavours.

https://mnl48.hallohallo.com/news-a...wee-will-not-join-the-third-general-election/

There.. that is officially announced. nuff said.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    To think all of this money problem could've been avoided if only they do regular recruitment like other sister group rather than recruiting 48+ member from the start

7. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

They're chasing chump change on Kumu Lives instead of having solid TV shows or content and getting sponsors. Marketing is everything and they are cramped up on that vertical screen while this crap app is taking more cuts.

The irony.. they are the country's idol group but they don't have a TV show, but this KPop group has a TV series to travel around the country with the same media partner.

https://myx.abs-cbn.com/features/20565/momoland-signs-contract-with-abs-cbn

"The girls are set to do a travel TV series which will see them explore the beautiful places we have to offer!"

Do you see the bias here? No disrespect but these kpop foreigners got to host a travel show, instead of local idol girls? same media partner!

Are you effin kiddin me? The crab mentality is through the roof.

In turn what do MNL48 get? A one time Death SSK Broadcast for a "show"?

With that I am still standing by my strong believe that it is the media partner to blame for not making them happen.

Find the right people from the start and you will never go wrong.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    We don't know what exactly will happen to the girls who don't make it to the Top 48 but it is implied that the members not participating in the general election will be graduating. Rowee mentioned schooling to be her reason for leaving/graduating (she's entering college in the upcoming school year), Lei is already campaigning for the underrated first gen girls plus used the caption "before we part now..." in her most recent instagram post, and for Rans, Sheki posted a series of videos on her instagram stories and told Rans "Happy Graduation I'm so happy for you" although the audio has a filter.

Receipts:
    Rowee: https://twitter.com/UkiyaSeed/status/1240235785657278465
    Lei: https://www.instagram.com/p/B9zN0yHB140/
    Rans: https://twitter.com/bblleessssyy_/status/1239591672687681536 at around 0:15

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

@MaiAkikoChan

What's up with the disagree? you can't understand a formal goodbye message?

Here's Ash Official Farewell Announcement. It's the same pattern every HHE goodbye's if you still didn't get the memo..

https://mnl48.hallohallo.com/news-a...nt-mnl48-ash-bids-farewell-to-the-idol-group/

"From all that constitute HHE, we are very grateful for her dedication, time and talent that she has contributed and showcased locally and internationally. We wish her the best of luck to her future endeavors."

Again here are for the 4 non participants:

"We are grateful for the talent and dedication that the girls shared with us and we wish them all the best in their future endeavours."

Any sane company does not say or wish that phrase if they plan to retain their employee(s).

It's not rocket science to get that simple message.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    I didn't want to reply again because I would be repeating what I already have said.
    If I was to base my argument solely on this, then I'm right to say that nowhere in there does it officially say that the girls will no longer be part of the group, that on its own or whether their non-participation in the election will lead to no longer being in the group, the announcement did not say that.
    Anything between the lines are NOT official. Even if one would say that it was implied, then it was a vague implication at best. I repeat, based on this announcement alone.

Now if you have given this example earlier, then I would get it. Because then it shows what actions would be taken after a similar announcement. It showed for Ash.
    The implication is then backed up by previous acts, but nonetheless it is still not officially announced and there are no actions on management's part were yet to be made in regards to the girls leaving.
    No, non-participation in the election does not officially count as they are leaving, because based on the election terms & conditions, nothing was said against non-participants. Unless there was an official announcement that addresses this in the past, and that it would absolutely apply to all MNL48 elections. If there was, do let me know.

It's not like I don't understand the implication that they are leaving. And it's definitely not like I want these specific girls to stay or something. That's not my motive for asking for clarification.
    I'm questioning because what would non-participation in the election technically lead up to their official membership status.
    The girls' official status in the group is not something to be merely implied at, the management not explicitly & officially addressing the girls' membership statuses is a lacking quality of the company. Even if the management were to address it in the future, the timeframe within this announcement and that future announcement still shows a lacking conduct and questioning that is still legit.
    With that said, am I missing an official statement that explicitly addresses their membership? If so, do let me know.

Thank you very much for the information & the receipts.
    That tremendously backs the implication that the girls are leaving MNL48. Much, much more than that official announcement of the girls' non-participation in the election.

11. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

3 words. Formal Farewell Message

That itself stands as truth. Live and Learn. Next time you encounter that, you know someone is getting fired or being laid off.

Are you new to MNL48? Do you know how financially crippled their management has become?

With that being said mark my word. They don't put member in hiatus during GE or SSK. It will be going against their marketing plans and strategy with their lousy media arm that is a"bias"cbn. They pit them against each other and may the best ranked 48 wins and retains their membership this coming 3rd year. KKS count is still unknown. A current Kami 7 from the past single Melody can be a bottom 48 this SSK. It's all up for grabs.

That's how it goes. Believe It or Not.

Throwback Thursday w/ Ash + Faith
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2020
  12. algae27

algae27 Kenkyuusei

based on these arguments, all i can conclude is HHE is not transparent in their working, and leave a lot of things up for interpretation (which can be interpreted both ways, until proven then it isn't).

Fans can assume and read between the lines themselves, but some firmness from management can never be a bad thing. I am also confused with what' going to happen to the remaining girls.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

To participate is to rank. Past MNL48 election history states that if you are not ranked, you are not a member. There are no exceptions.

They have no room for non-participating members to just walk it off during SSK and expect a paycheck and stay as a member come this year.

That's outside HHE's current financial capability. As I have said HHE is not AKS or SKE management.

And finally.. It is always 48 members for MNL48 plus the KKS for who knows what the number this year is.

If you can read my previous tally, there will be 4 members getting the boot IF they still follow this year's 10 KKS/TGC member count.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  14. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    To change the topic (please!)

MNL48 Sela, Ecka, and Sheki react to MNL48 Presents: 2020 Vision movie premiere

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  15. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Top Tally SO FAR for the next MNL48 Presents: IDOL

[​IMG]

16. UkiyaSeed

UkiyaSeed Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ashley Cloud Garcia
    I-DOL's final few minutes were intense, but congratulations to the participants! Also, I can't wait for the Kumu lives of the members. I am interested with the 3rd gen aspirants since they are barely making moves on SNS.

17. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

speaking of TV shows and media partnership:

Imagine having the other big network as the media partner, not to mention this longest noon time running show actually originated from Philippines and was franchised in Indonesia (2012-2016).

I enjoyed watching this and also a fan of Harugon. I think she's one of the most adorable underrated members of AKB.

Now this is how you promote a 48G in your country. Watching and comparing show footages, I am sure you will also get the same feel and environment for these 2 sister countries.

Kudos to JKT48 for doing the right move and making this happen.

Harugon on this show wow.. never imagined.

so how about MNL48 getting the same 48G type of fun and exciting full segments.. not charades and as backup dancers for an excuse.

that's to be expected given the fact of the current global crisis/pandemic and the world is not the usual right now.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  18. Roronoa Zoro

Roronoa Zoro Kenkyuusei

Any chance that Time After Time acoustic cover would be released as a digital single in the future?

• Like Like x 1
  19. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

unlikely but that would be nice.

20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "From creating the story to filming the movie, the cast and crew went all-out in bringing MNL48: 2020 Vision to life. Go behind-the-scenes with Sela, Ecka and other MNL48 members in this exclusive video!"