1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The MNL48 Thread

Discussion in 'General MNL48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 11, 2018.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "the Miss Universe pageant is HUGE in the Philippines"

Have you been reading the Washington Post?

Winning Miss Universe is a big deal. In the poverty-stricken Philippines, it’s huge.

The narrative that her win was almost preordained is one that resonates with many in the Philippines, a country that is one of the most pageant-obsessed in the world. Since 2010, contestants from the Philippines have never been out of the Miss Universe top 10.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...e-country-is-ecstatic/?utm_term=.fc67e233ef67

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    No, I haven't been reading Washington Post actually. Was only talking from 10ish years of experience (which, coincidentally, was also mentioned in the article)

Thanks for the update that international posts are keeping track of this though. Least the rest of the world remembers the Philippines is here. For once lol

3. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Everyone that in my facebook timeline was keeping an eye on the pageant. As others have said it's the World Cup/Superbowl for the Philippines. It got really big this year because Catriona's chances of winning looked really high. It's like back then when the Philippines was mostly quiet whenever Manny Pacquiao has a match because most if not all are watching it at home, restaurants, and etc. It's the "Pinoy Pride" schtick.

As much as I love MNL48, they aren't creating a big buzz right now, they're improving but not there yet. Idol Music in the Philippines is generally still not favored especially if you look at the top music acts here right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Pabebe (literally, acting like a baby as in doing babytalk, being a brat, etc) and Kawaii (japanese "cute" like in a performance, you know how it is) are different things and people will know that as soon as introduced to the difference. It's just that they are not plugged into our mainstream media as we expected it will be. I do not blame HHE, since it is still a small player in this industry full of giants like ABS and GMA. But as I always say, let's be patient. As long as the core fans are there, they will not die. The plan is to slowly crawl into the consciousness of Filipinos until MNL48 becomes a norm.

Also, I just like to put it out, I am one of those who did not think KFC will be the big hit. I think it will be Hebirote or River, probably. The timing and who will center these two are factors as well. :D

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

I have never thought about the center... I just thought Sheki is doing so good so far BUT maybe a center change might shake things up a little and maybe it could be what MNL48 needs to get noticed again. Or maybe just a concept change for the time being. Maybe do Beginner or River.

Although if they do river, I can somehow imagine people making jokes about pasig river... :eek:

Can I also add that I hate what HHE is doing with their concepts. It's like they are copy pasting the template of a song from AKB and other 48g and just pray that it works on PH settings.

What I want them to do is take that template, add a new touch here and there, and make something that will work on PH. Is it that hard?! (Yeah I know it's hard but is is that hard to START on it?)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. angelkinetic

angelkinetic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    I think because the songs we're permitted by aks....imo you cant just change something just to fit a country.... I can only knew one song that was change just to fit in a country... and that is jkt48's ue kara melody(to fit for the center girl)

if HHE will do it in all the songs just to fit in PH.... they would also pay because that means changing something in the original lyrics of the song thus making it original.... it would never be like just a cover....

and I think the lyricist of mnl48 did a great job(except the "mujik" in PFC)... even Palusot ko'y maybe... had a great lyrics more like and did a great job on why that was the title

7. erukruu

erukruu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Re: Singson-- I actually kinda don't mind if he's eyeing to invest on HHE, or show interest. Iirc he is closed with some Japanese personalities too, or like connections. It'll be how the HHE will manage this opportunity, in case.

Re: HHE & MNL48 concept-- can't blame them, but hopefully they don't really continue having a very close AKB48-inspired for MNL48 music videos. The first three are enough please. (Aitakatta/TaluSaku = tribute okay I get it / PFC = just also like JKT's and BNK's Fortune Cookie, okay I get it... but hopefully go outside the comfort zone. MNL48's target audience is picky.)

And nope, it's not PFC will make them rise higher. They need a good and powerful song obviously, intense TV guesting. Also it's time for MNL48 to make their own JKT48 dangdut-style versions! Sub-unit pleaseeeeeee

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. ootamudkip

ootamudkip Member

Oshimen:
    Nadila Cindi
    Maybe the lack of promotion for the public cause this? I don't really follow MNL so I don't know. I think JKT did a KFC dance competition to help boost the song popularity and some soap opera use the song as their soundtrack so general public know about it. Maybe MNL could do the same?

9. Wade & Wander

Wade & Wander Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    izutarina
    I think things will look up for MNL after the Asia Festival in Bangkok.
    Great things happen to Filipinos in Thailand.
    It is known.

10. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

I didn't mean change the song. I just think, they should at least think of a new costume, new storyboard for the MV, and better MV quality in general.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Asuka Loves Walls

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    A sudden announcement about some of the senbatsu's guesting in Umagang Kay Ganda, a very early morning show of a major network. Now that's what I'm talking about. Slowly occupy shows lots of people are watching. :)
    48368576_1943096249072988_3429621988191109120_o.jpg
    edit: wait, i still dont know how to upload pics here. Sorry mods if this is not allowed.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. roze_street

roze_street Kenkyuusei

Wow I didn't know the posters they do is that big....

I am tuning to iwantv tomorrow so I can watch them on my... laptop (still haha I want to say TV but we don't have one as of now )

13. itachi101

itachi101 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    otanao
    you have to follow
    the rules here man:^^;:

14. seashells

seashells Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    jeadorels
    good things come to those who wait, as they say. you're right though and i like how you worded it, LOL. they won't know what hit them

15. megatram

megatram Kenkyuusei

For those who missed the UKG guesting
    if the video does not show watch the video here

the uploader is indeed a hero lol

Sent from my X300 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  16. Asuka Loves Walls

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Never doubt the dedication and hardwork of that fandom. lol

Great stint. That "annyeong" though. haha. Like the fact that they corrected her by saying "Ohayou gozaimasu". See? More media exposure = more chance to correct misconceptions of other people. :D

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Mogerus

Mogerus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    The host apologized for the "Annyeong" greeting and clarified that it was a joke. upload_2018-12-20_9-40-18.png

• Like Like x 1
  18. Afro_Stud

Afro_Stud Member Retired Staff

Has anybody else bought a ticket for the concert on the 23rd?

The tickets went on sale yesterday and will presumably be sent out today. That means that the ticket has to arrive in the post the day after they post them. Given how slow the postal service are here, I wouldn't be surprised if the ticket doesn't arrive until the middle of January.

Presumably they aren't sending the tickets in the post and we collect them at the venue?

I'm fully expecting that several people will not get their tickets before the concert and they will refuse to provide anybody with a refund.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I swear to God it's gonna be an E ticket though...

20. Afro_Stud

Afro_Stud Member Retired Staff

I've checked and, according to their website, they are sending the tickets out via De Rider Courier Services. The tickets are supposed to be delivered the day after your order. Mine was ordered and paid for yesterday. I should have received it today, but evidently not.