1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The NGT48 Thread

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 25, 2015.

1. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Maybe Aki-P & AKS are getting inside-track knowledge on Niigata? Or it's one of those "the local market's on the up" type of deals? Like, here in the States, Portland & Charlotte like 5 years back started slowly getting more and more crowded, because the housing was so cheap & the local markets grew those cities into absolute MONSTERS.

Maybe Aki-P & AKS have this foresight on Niigata, I don't really know the housing markets in Japan
    OR
    Maybe they just got a better deal on a theatre in Niigata?

2. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

I can't say that I am surprised with the announcement of another sister group, given all the various rumours over the last few years, but Niigata is a bit of a surprise. I suppose it is directly accessible via shinkansen from Tokyo and wikipedia indicates flights to Fukuoka, Osaka and Nagoya it would look easy for members to go there.

I do think that it does put even more pressure to get new stages ... having 5 groups using recycled stages does look bad. Even if they could give every team new ones a handful would give a better impression.

3. unwanted

unwanted Kenkyuusei

Or they don't and decided on a relatively cheap venue to minimize costs.

4. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Hoping somehow the NGT center would go Aya on her first SSK

I always hoped that if there will be a new 48g, it could be 48g's own big giant Warota which means the 48g's bridge to the Anisong world

5. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    You gotta remember that 48G is still relevant in Japanese entertainment industry and it's still a dream place for many teenage girls around the country to get into. But not many of them could leave their home town to travel to Tokyo, Nagoya, etc to audition for a current group. Opening a new theater in a new region means granting wishes to many girls and their family. Yes, it kinda sucks for the current members because the competition to get into senbatsu is tougher and a few other things but no decision is perfect. Who knows, maybe you will find a new oshimen in NGT48 [hehe]

6. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    Never in a million years would I have thought Niigata would be where the new group would be located! But that's great I guess.
    I am really happy about this news, I've always been one of the supporters of the idea of a new group. :blush:
    Has the group officially been introduced as NGT48? Sounds like a temporary name, I mean, AKB48 isn't TKY48.

7. Ayi Deviru

Ayi Deviru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Whattt??!! They will make a new one?
    OMG the number of the girls is too damn much already. I can't imagine years later when AKB48 held senbatsu sousenkyou, the presentation of each group will dominate the senbatsu lines, it will be harder for original AKB48 members to even get into senbatsu.

8. ふざけないで

ふざけないで Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Winter sports, I think. Not sure how its popularity stands alongside Nagano or Hokkaido.

Wait...what? NGT48?

9. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    @Ayi Deviru when it comes to eventual point that there's a 48G in every major Japanese city, I am sure they'll reform Senbatsu Sousenkyo, so that there's one for each group OR one for each major region [Kansai/Kanto], but that's future future we're talking here...
    ...I'd love to see that future...where there's literally 48 groups...and Janken Taikai becomes like the World Cup...

I'd think Aki-P & AKS will give Niigata a chance, like HKT, see if it hits gold, like HKT, and then decide to add another group...
    I think NGT is what the announcement VTR said...which, yes, is a departure from their current naming scheme...

10. Muni

Muni Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I was going to write another huge rant but.... WOW, I don't need it now. You just summarized it all. This is just perfect, thank you.

*sigh* Sometimes I think I just should quit this fandom. Too bad that, beeing a fan of idols for most of my life, this is harder than stop smoking. lol

11. iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    iamcrazymike
    The first thing that came to mind when I heard this news was "why?"

12. Corris

Corris Kenkyuusei

NOOOOOO I don't like that Imamura Etsuro is the theater manager... he never upload his G+ with pics from the concerts or the HS like Ozaki, Kaneko or Shiba

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

In my case it was "YAY!". I didn't follow much the creation of the other sister groups, so I'm excited for this. :^O^:

As for a shuffle right at the beginning of the group... nah, I don't think so. I think they'll let the first batch of girls do their thing, just like HKT wasn't part of the whole kennin thing until it was 2.5 years old or something.

I don't think NGT will be the name, they're probably looking for a location for the theater and then go with that. A quick search made me root for KONAN48 though. And CHU48 (from Chuo) would be cute as hell. [hehe]

14. iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    iamcrazymike
    When you have so many people complain that there are so many members in 48G already and I myself not even know half of the members in 48G, you start to wonder about quality over quantity . . .

15. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Im confused cause isn't Nagoya and Niigata in the same region?

16. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

I think it interesting...if they use it as an opportunity to try a different strategy.

Please don't let it become a selection of the most attractive Christmas tree tinsel they think might hook their target demographic. AKB has done that to death already. Thousands of fans spend millions trying to push their tinsel higher up the tree without thought for any skills.

Please, set the entry bar high. No transfer from anywhere, but new girls who must have some 'real' level of musical and singing ability OR some higher level dancing aptitude. Tinsel attractiveness put last on the list.

Would love to see an 48G group actually known for its quality, rather than cuteness. I think eventually SNH the way they are going will make AKB an embarrassment.

Its time for Management to think out of the box, try something new. But me suspects the dollar signs will see the reproduce the same all over again...........

17. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

So I guess in about two years time, NGT48 will be the landslide favorite sister-group on Stage. Poor HKT!

18. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
  19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I'm gonna quote Sil here cause she knows better:

Plus, every single girl that gets into the group will get a couple of fans willing to spend money on them. Money is great. Money is amazing.

MASTER PAINT TO THE RESCUE!

[​IMG]

It was about time they opened a branch in the north. Everything was clustered in the middle (where, I suppose, lives the majority of the population though lol).
    Wasn't Sendai48 another rumour going around a while back? They're slowly getting there, but SPR will happen! :^^;:

20. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Its always been quantity over quality from the start, thats the concept