1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Nogizaka46 thread!

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Well maybe this show how much they love Manatsu. She didn't earn Maiyan's respect for nothing. I'm very happy about this decision and very confident she will do a great job. Whether she stay more years or not doesn't matter. This could be sign she's staying longer. Two or three years, by that time a younger gen would be ready enough to take the responsibility. But for now I'm happy for her.

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. Aas

Aas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Miria
    Same

3. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    They're less popular than 48 and I'd say both are less popular than HP outside Japan. Old things have bigger followings overseas.

But there's not much competition for idol concerts overseas. Doing a world tour would probably get idol fans who didn't pay attention to them to come see.

They'd have no problem selling out moderate sized concerts in West Coast NA, France, SEA and China.

As for Manatsu, I think she's a great choice. She might only be captain for around 2 years but she'll be a good one.

4. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Congrats to Manatsu.

Hope that's a world tour. I was thinking global online shop, but that'd be a silly thing to create an Instagram account for.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    That is something I can get behind. I want my Ikuta Erika birthday shirt and mug!!!!!!

6. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Although I never like Manatsu chara on-screen, I don't deny she is one important member and has a great personality off-screen, she's also good at talking and variety, so I think she is a good choice for captain, better than any 3rd gens. Regarding her age, I'm pretty sure they choose someone who would stay a few more years. If she can stay another 3 years I think it would be good enough.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ritto2908

ritto2908 Member

Oshimen:
    Umezawa Minami
    I guess I'm late to drop by. Congrats, Akimoto! I bet she is a safe choice for the captain position since she is from 1st gen. It would be quite controversial if a younger member was appointed to the captain.

8. KingCrimson

KingCrimson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina, Saito Asuka
    Even if she wasn't my first choice (I wanted someone from the 2nd gen), I think that Manatsu will make a very good captain. It makes a lot of sense if we think about the members with leadership ability who also dedicate most of their time to Nogizaka. Out of all of them, Manatsu seems to have the least amount of super time-intensive activities outside of the group (i.e. she doesn't act in plays or dramas), and so almost her entire professional career is focused on being a member of Nogizaka. So, Nogizaka is almost always first priority for her. As such, she has a vested interest in making sure the group is running strong. She also seems to be very good at approaching others and connecting with them, which is an ideal trait to have in a captain, and I think she'll work hard in making sure the 4th gens are integrating well into the group. I also think she'll be good at relaying between members and management.

She'll be a different kind of captain from Reika. I always thought Reika to be a more fiery, lead-from-the-front and lead-by-example kind of captain. But I think Manatsu is a more management-type leader, who does most of her heavy lifting behind the scenes.

I also don't think she'll graduate for at least a couple more years. Being a top idol isn't just for the teenagers anymore--a lot of the most prominent idols are in their mid-twenties these days, and a good number are sticking around for longer. Especially those whose primary careers are being an idol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    The group announce they are preparing for a new project, and will hold a press conference and reveal the project details on 5 September 2019.

we will know more at this time

And Congrats to my oshi Manatsu

10. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Please make all Nogi's merchandise, games, CDs, concert tickets, handshake tickets, and everything else friendly for international fans. An actual going global.

First of all, cmon make their MVs for the world to see :(

Or.. maybe it has something to do with the olympics?

11. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Nogizaka World
    Things that Nogi should prioritize to expand abroad
    - make a website that will allow Nogi shows (Nogichuu ; NogiANN; Nogiten ) to be access abroad with eng subtitles
    - Revive Nogidan as a sub unit
    - upgrade NogiFest app with more interactive gameplay
    - allow official merch to be easily purchased abroad .
    World Tour ( if they decide to push through nxt yr )
    - Taipei ; Shanghai ; Guangzhou ; Singapore; Bangkok ; Jakarta ; Mexico City; LA ; New York ; Paris

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    Yes to all, and congrats Manatsu on being appointed new captain. :)

Cheers!

13. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Oh well so long till we know more:(

14. towiti

towiti Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    akimotomanatsu
    Lol she's older than Reika... But don't worry guys this just means she'll stay in the group until 46. Omedetou Manattan oshis (including me, yeay)!

15. Quark

Quark Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I was so happy to see my country (Argentina) on that map, but I don't think they will come here. :^^;:
    There have been concerts of Japanese bands here before but as part of anime festivals (I remember flow was here a few years ago). Nogizaka did something like this in France when they released tsuki no ookisa (Naruto's opening) if I remember correctly.
    If they do a World Tour US will definitely be included. I hope I will be there at that time

16. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

+respect to management for taking this promotion.
    Endou Sakura: The Old Man and the Sea, by Ernest Hemingway
    Kaki Haruka: Murder on the Orient Express, by Agatha Christie
    Kakehashi Sayaka: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician’s Nephew, by C. S. Lewis
    Kanagawa Saya: The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
    Kitagawa Yuri: The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
    Shibata Yuna: First Love, by Ivan Turgenev
    Seimiya Rei: The Flying Classroom, by Erich Kästner
    Tamura Mayu: One Dollar’s Worth, Gift of the Magi, and 21 other stories, by O. Henry
    Tsutsui Ayame: The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgson Burnett
    Hayakawa Seira: The Cherry Orchard / A Marriage Proposal / The Bear, by Anton Chekhov
    Yakubo Mio: Treasure Island, by Robert Louis Stevenson

As for Manatsu being the new captain, wow. I actually find that reassuring that management is looking out for the emotional interests of the group. Almost any other choice would generate more hype/controversy, or be more forward-looking by taking the group in a new direction. But it would also be potentially destabilizing. If you look at the decision not from the pov of ambition or oshi wish fulfillment, but from the group’s social dynamics and asking who commands respect, authority, and trust, then Manatsu seems like the most organic choice to me. (Well, besides Shiraishi or Ikuta, but I think they’re both too busy/successful and would therefore find captain to be restricting and almost a step down.) In the 2nd doc survey, Manatsu’s already the one who most members go to for advice, most members would bring to a desert island, most members would marry, and also seen as one of the smartest and nicest – which means trust, dependability, stability. And she’ll carry on the tradition of ponkotsu captain.

Some highlights from Manatsu’s interview with Shinuchi on All Night Nippon:

-When Manatsu heard she was captain, her first thought was, “Are they serious?” She thought it would be inherited by a kouhai, and asked management if it was ok that someone like her who messes around becomes captain.
    -Manatsu didn’t sleep on the day of the announcement, too stressed/busy.
    -Her phone has been flooded with messages, Ikoma sent her support.
    -As she was crying after the concert, a bunch of 1st gen (Iku, Maiyan, Kaz, Maaya, Ringo) crowded around and encouraged her that everything would be fine. Maaya was esp. glad that Manatsu was chosen.
    -Shinuchi says there’s recently been news articles wondering who's the next captain, she also discussed the issue with staff. She says no matter who became captain, many people would complain it was unjustified, but with Manatsu, she feels like that number will go way down.
    -Later on, discussing the topic of inviting out friends, Manatsu says Ikuta is a “scheduling demon” (yotei no oni). When they make plans to eat, Ikuta calls up the manager to find out everyone’s schedule and determine their availability. Shinuchi notes that members have access to everyone else’s work schedule (she doesn’t specify how exactly), so in that sense it’s easy to invite other Nogi members.
    -Shinuchi recalls meeting up with Reika at a train station. Reika spotted Shinuchi first and started waving with 80% of her body. Shinuchi says Reika was wearing all white and stood out way too much, it was too obviously Sakurai Reika despite being bundled up in a hat and glasses.
    -They call up a very sleepy Reika who congratulates Manatsu and notes the fans’ warm response to the announcement at the concert. Manatsu says Reika’s words when the group huddled in a circle that day were very moving, and worries if she can live up to her speeches. Reika reassures her that Manatsu has given effective speeches before. Shinuchi reveals that when the circle broke up, she noticed Manatsu was crying, so she told Reika, and the two of them went to give Manatsu a hug when the cameras stopped running.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 17
    • Winner Winner x 3
  17. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

Hayakawa got chekov's the cherry orchard. I hope its "foreshadowing" stage play [hehe]

18. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Congrats for Manatsu!
    Many things happened recently. The group has changed. Despite all of those changes, the atmosphere of the group is still really positive. The members are supportive each other, 4th gen become more solid & capable, and the graduated members still give the whole support to the group.

And I'm looking forward to what kind of world project is that.

19. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

I'm gonna call it now. It won't be a world tour. :p

-Why would they make a "big" announcement directed at their Japanese audience (the instagram teaser video linked has a Japanese narrator) with a press conference for a world tour? The audience for a world tour isn't their Japanese audience. If it was a world tour, I would think they would release another teaser in English.
    upload_2019-8-16_0-43-46.png
    -The top comment replies in the screenshot make a good point. "If you're gonna do a world tour, do an all-Japan tour first." If Sony doesn't think an all-Japan tour makes sense in terms of $, how can a world tour make $ sense?
    -The teaser mentions that it will take "a long time," like a long-term commitment. A proper world tour would take a long time, yes. But are they really gonna take a bunch of their members and take them out of Japan for a long time? With all their other commitments like TV shows and acting and photoshoots and stuff. That would be crazy. And again, why would they make a big hype announcement for their Japanese audience just to say, "Hey guys, the Nogizaka members you love so much are gonna be outside of the country for a long time! Yay!?"
    -The teaser featured basically their current front-row type members without gen 4. If it was a world tour - or any kind of tour, I would think even the teaser would include more non-front row members and even under.
    -The suitcase emphasizes travel, yes. And a tour would require travel, yes. But is that what you emphasize to an audience? Does the audience - and again, this would be their Japanese audience - need to know that they're gonna need suitcases and stuff? "The members will take on this challenge." "A new challenge for Nogizaka." So emphasis is on the members (with their suitcases traveling) and the novelty. In a concert tour, the emphasis IMO would be more on the group and management as a whole, and they're still gonna be doing the same songs and dances, just in a different country, so there's no novelty to it.

And so my guess is it's something like an "overseas experience," "study/work abroad" type thing and mainly for a number of sembatsu members. Different members will go to different countries. Part travel-docu, part-experiencing maybe music/acting/show business outside of Japan. Machu was in Shanghai for 3 weeks recently just to experience living abroad and then appeared on a couple Chinese TV shows as a guest. So something like that for other members, too. That could culminate in the end in a concert somewhere outside of Japan, but I doubt it would be on the scale of a world tour. Another possibility is connecting it with the Olympics.

It's just a guess, though. I may be totally wrong, of course :p

Edit: A matome post noted that the press conference for nekojita featured 3 members that have yet to appear on a nekojita episode. So, my predicting the project based on who appeared in the teaser was not a good idea :^^;:
    -------

I don't see any reason why a captain needs to be in that position for longer than ~3 years, so I think Manatsu being captain even at her age is totally fine. No one said the next captain should be there for the next 7 years like Reika was. I agree that a younger one would've created more hype, but I suppose that's what young gen airdrop centers/front rows are for. Hype is good for a few months, the length of a single. But a captain will be there for a few years at least, so there's no need to use hype for that decision and position.

Reika was actually known as easy-going and chill, not "fiery" leadership I believe. Manatsu is a variety type of course but I also feel that she's a "company man" type person. So in that sense, it'll probably be very smooth for management.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  20. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

I believe even if they call it world tour, they wont move from a country to another country directly. They will do it like Shanghai and Taipei concert.