[GENERAL] The Sakamichi Series group thread

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by kanjo, Apr 11, 2017.

1. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu

if the video does not show watch the video here

The Sakamichis look so good in this MV.
    upload_2018-3-1_20-28-14.png

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  2. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Wow, Neru center. Personally I think it'd be better if one of AKB group centering this, but Neru is fine as well.

Beautiful PVs. Nice song (though the progression gets stale after a while).

What I like the most is the costumes. So AKB-ish, Nogi-ish, and Keya-ish.

Legit thought that was Asuka with Miona, only to know it's Asuka and Sakura. Huh nobody will notice the differences anyway. Jk.

Edit:
    Aaaah I noticed something! At the beginning when the row of girls from each AKB, Nogi, and Keya showed up, each of the row were referencing gestures from their respective groups' dance number!!

AKB -> 35 nichi no Kami Hikouki?? (idk, please someone confirm this)
    Nogi -> Seifuku no Mannequin
    Keya -> Idk, but pretty sure I saw this pose before

3. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    Princess Asuka<3 killin it. Simply elegant.

4. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

@vshav yes you got it and its from 365nichi no kamihikouki

[​IMG]

5. glsone

glsone Member

Looked like the hand gestures from the opening bit of Sekai ni wa Ai Shika Na to me.

6. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

i rewatch the Sekai ni wa Ai Shika mv and the hand gesture was from 2:08 of the mv.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

chibi pairing (Zuumin + Mion)

[​IMG]

7. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Not enough Yamashita if you ask me...

Sounds alright to me...

Yamashita's in it. I just may get...

8. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Thanks @CutePanda @glsone !

By the way, I am not impressed with the linguistic aesthetic of the lyrics. I understand the meaning Aki-P wants to give, but the quality of the lyrics is just low in my opinion. It looks like someone in school can write.

When we translate it to English, it does look nice (albeit cheesy). But in Japanese I think it's just a collection of simple sentences with generic phrases combined together. Lots of Nogizaka coupling songs did better. The previous SakamichiAKB song did better. What's wrong Aki-P?? Too many songs to write lately??

There will be happiness and unhappiness.
    The world goes around.
    I hear a voice.
    Aren't we comrades?

*shudder

I am not an expert in Japanese linguistic, but I believe people who has been learning Japanese for a while might understand what I'm saying. What do you think?

9. jan ken pon

jan ken pon Kenkyuusei

That center reveal shot is pretty cool. Especially when you really don't expect it.

10. trxsh

trxsh Member

Now that you mention, it is on the more generic side as far as Aki-P songs and definitely inferior to a lot of the interesting and brooding lyrics in the songs that for eg, Keyaki regularly releases. It's probably in line with a lot of AKB's current content though. I mean have you had a chance to hear the A-side lyrics?
    JA-BA-JA
    JA-BA-JA IN DA CLUB

11. KingCrimson

KingCrimson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikoma Rina, Saito Asuka
    Haha, I think you're being a little harsh on Aki-P. The sentences themselves aren't great, and are even on the cliche side, but what makes the lyrics work aren't the meanings, but how they sound. They're a bit more complex than they seem. There's a lot of end rhymes and internal rhymes going on, and assonance and consonance as well.

kanashii koto mo ureshii koto mo arudarou (I love this first part. Lots of "o" sounds, and the "a" and "da" rhyme on the stresses in "arudarou" )
    soredemo tomarazu / sekai wa mawaru ( "a" and "u" rhymes in "tomarazu" and "mawaru", and the "wa-ma-wa (ru)" part flows nicely)
    mou sugu yoakeda / dareka no koe ga suru ( "yoakeda / dareka" is a neat consonance flourish, and it continues the "u" rhymes of the previous lines)
    ikite sae ireba (this one's a bit iffy, but there's still the "i"-"e" pairing of "kite" and "ire")
    nakama janai ka (lots of "a" sounds, and ends the stanza in a couplet--"ireba" and "ka")

I'm also not very good with Japanese, but I feel like rhythm and flow fairly universal, so I can apply a little about what I know about that to analyzing lyrics, at least. To me, the song has a really, really nice flow when it comes to how the words sound.

12. jan ken pon

jan ken pon Kenkyuusei

Was there ever any information released about whether or not Aki-P works with a team for writing lyrics? It seems to be presumed that he must, right?

13. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
  14. woque

woque Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    horimiona
  15. glsone

glsone Member

It's been treated as such for a little while now. This is the confirmation we needed to know for sure though.

Seems a bit soon, but management must know of more girls leaving than we do at this point. I'd be surprised if each group got more than 4 or 5 new girls though.

16. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Looks like a draft. It's gonna be awkward to be drafted into Kanji keyakizaka.

17. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

wow...whats going on today ? 46 news all over the place !!!! 46G draft event ?

i wonder which group the future draftee wants to join ? probably Nogi46 and Keyaki46....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  18. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Girls who will be drafted to Kanji will be unfair for Hiragana.. Like, "for what sake we're struggling?"

And for Nogi, since they have missed four members, maybe they'll add about 4 or a bit more? I prefer if they have a 4th Gen batch, having a new collection of beautiful girls and get promoted together.. Like what they did with 3rd Gen :cute:

But we need more details.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  19. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

:lol: Who would want to be drafted there and just be another back up dancer? But same with Hiragana.
    Be a Kanji = additional back-up dancer
    Be a Hiragana = additional member of plan B aka substitute team when something goes wrong with Kanji
    Nogizaka = LUCKY!!! :^O^:
    I wish though it's a completely whole new Saka group.

20. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    So true! Lol
    Being drafted to Nogizaka is the most rewarding atm.