1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Well, we've noticed for a long while that they've been pushed aside. I am bitter abt this cos they are also a sakamichi series. I don't know why mgmt feel they need to do that. I can only sit and wait for what actually they are trying to do. Like we keep joking, they are truly treated like the middle child. As for the other, after renaming, they have little activities to be called for varieties and such. Given that their variety is getting better, there may be a chance for them in the future, and also if we are to believe what fortune they have lol. Sakura survived something most group couldn't and I hope they gain their rhythm soon enough. They might be lonely now but hey, shiny days will and are yet to come. We just have to be patient like we've been all these years

• Like Like x 1
  2. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    I think that it's because Nogizaka and Hinatazaka have a more similar fanbase, as in the fans in both fandom have similar taste / liking so it's easier to market Nogi / Hina to the other group's fandom. Keya was different from the other two, and from what we see Sakuzaka seems intent to continue being so (although maybe not as extreme as Keya was), so while no one knows what will happen in the future I think there's no need to think too much about it

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. outkastband

outkastband Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    i think it depends on the mc or guest comedian in their main show?
    like how often nogi appeared in bananaman's show and hinata in audrey's show and then to other show.
    we know how famous bananaman in japan and audrey is just fine.
    but sawabe and tsucchi?
    afaik, they're not that famous and doesn't have their own show.
    tsucchi is just a gaya geinin now while sawabe maybe appeared as gaya or guest in other's comedian show.

maybe their best shot now is try to appear in ariyoshieee as a gamer.
    like how hinata member suddenly appear a lot in that show and ariyoshi is a top class comedian and have a lot of show.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Federico

Federico Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kaki Haruka
    From the last posts here I think that Sakurazaka is underrated.

Saku being bad at variety. IMO they improved a lot from the start. The first gen at start was mostly quiet, but things have changed and improved. Some unique characters have emerged, and 2nd gen has some explosive members who really boost the show.
    Some say Saku MCs are weak. I think this is a strength instead, very convinced of it. But what do I mean?
    For example, in Nogizaka Shitara and Himura are super funny, but sometimes, for the sake of landing a joke, they cut the words of a member that is talking. I noticed Shitara doing sometimes.
    On the countrary, Sawabe and Tsuchida may be less entertaining give the girls more space to talk, and in the end is the girls we care about. So, this is the tradeoff: of course you want some of both, expressing yourself and comedy.

Lastly, Sakurazaka's new single is impressive. Songs are powerful and catchy. Just recently I found of Blue Moon Kiss. In comparison, Nogizaka has more difficulties with the recent songs.
    Being a main Nogizaka fan, I keep high consideration of Sakurazaka, I hope we don't underestimate them, despite their weaknesses.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. Rev4

Rev4 Member

We will probably never see something like Jibun no Hitsugi, Hiraishin, Mou mori, Student Dance and Kuroi Hitsuji from this group again.

Soulife stand no chance to return to make more songs for this group after they embraced that so the rebrand is more than welcome. But like somebody pointed out they are still going for a different route than their sister groups. They were invited to Countdown Japan last year until it was postponed due to covid.

I can't really predict what they will come up with next outside of Aki-p's usual strategy model for title song:

The avant garde (1st), the happy (2nd), the melancholic (3rd), the intense (4th).

Just based on Yuuka's hint with "something happy".

So far it has clicked with Aki-p's previous model.

Saimajo/Nobofa (1st)...

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    no.1 they’ve just debuted. Yes they’re not totally new but in hinata debut year they did not have the same amount of tv appearances as they do now. wait till next year to start comparing. no.2 they’re not being sought after most of their tv appearances are mgmt reaching out to so so broadcast. it’s not really about desirability. only time that can be applied is when the girls are suitable for that program I.e. hikaru will be appearing on some Pokemon show this month.

their lack of tv appearances during the keyaki era is self explanatory.
    @Rev4 who said they won’t have a soulife composed song? stop assuming things and you might find yourself happily surprised. also trying to predict a trajectory with future single concepts because of one word sugai said is...we don’t even know what sakurazaka’s image is.tho they mentioned elegance and maturity before NF info was released it’s looking like we’ll still receive eerie and gloomy songs. plus I’m sure their go to composers during their keyaki era are versatile enough to give them songs as sakurazaka.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    I've been thinking about this and that, when it suddenly came to me.
    It's just about time they announced a second single, isn't it?

8. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Hmm, with the current pandemic, I think producing a new single will take a longer time than usual.

But of course, you'll need a steady stream of output to keep the group in the conscious of the public (and momentum in the group).

9. Baal

Baal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    But for once they do it in 10 they extend the conversation.
    In this last episode for example we had Kira talking about the mythical animal she saw before, the normal situation would be to let her tell the story of the situation, but here they followed the "script" and only continued the game, not letting her tell the story.
    And this often happens, not taking the bait.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

They may actually have let her talk about it, but that part never got aired. What they show on TV is only a portion of what is recorded. Even if they didn't, it can be simply due to time constraints from the recording schedule.

11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I'm really impressed by them. I've not been paying much attention for the past few months, but now watching Soko Magattara and the performances, I think they've really got something going. Whether it will click with the public, I don't know, but I'm enjoying their work and their developing group personality (and personalities). Hikaru and Ten-chan seem like good centres to me, not just skilled, but with presence and (somewhat off-centre) personality. And Oozono Rei has been pretty funny. I think the variety is coming, with some of the newer girls, especially.

12. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho

if the video does not show watch the video here
    We even got a tiny glimpse of that elusive 10 Gatsu MV.

• Like Like x 1
  13. keyakiHAKUoshi46

keyakiHAKUoshi46 Kenkyuusei

a lot of things to look forward to these coming days (weeks and months. lol)

we have drama (SAKAMICHI Collab! how cool is that! i'm still waiting for the sakuzaka drama tho haha. wishful thinking), performances (MTV Storyteller), the Keya docu(I'm not sure how ready my kokoro is for this), and most probably the 2nd single(fingers crossed).

let's cheer up and enjoy this ride my fellow sakukiddos~ <3

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    MTV Storytellers turned out to be a very well done live. Better than Debut Countdown in almost every way. What surprised me is that most of the songs actually sounded better than the studio versions, at least to my ears. The camera work was great and managed to highlight not only the front row members, which is rare sight in itself. Naze Koi was performed with the inclusion of strings choreo from the MV and looked pretty impressive from the technical standpoint. As for personalities, what caught my attention is Ten-chan's growth as a center. I feel like her presence has become more noticeable and vivid than in previous performances. Second is Mii-chan. I feel like I've been saying this for months already, but the mad girl just keeps on growing. Her dancing and expressiveness is at least top-3 level right now. Keeping in mind what she said in her recent interview, it's only the beginning. I don't if that's just me, but Marino-chan deserves an honorable mention too. I feel like her stage presence was more noticeable than some of the other shin 2ki and I felt her high motivation this time.

Overall, better than expected! Now roll out the second single and we're game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
  16. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    A very interesting video about... perfume favorites. A fixed selection of perfume is a sign of class. Changing perfumes is just so... slopy. Our girls have their own preferences and it's also interesting to see the big spenders among them. Of course an economic perfume can be as effective and work miracles combined with the proper skin (and personality) of the girl that waers it.
    Well, enjoy...

if the video does not show watch the video here

Just out of curiocity I've normalized perfume prices at 10ml and...

The top 3 big spenders:
    Habu Mizuho (5600yen / 10ml)
    Takamoto Ayaka (3500 yen / 10 ml)
    Higuchi Hina (1518 yen / 10 ml)

Followed by Kato Shiho (350 yen / 10ml) [just to show the big gap of those top 3]

Average of 24 Sakamich group girls: (653.25 yen / 10ml)

And the top 4 cost sensitive:
    Hoshino Minami (64 yen / 10ml)
    Miyata Manamo (62 yen / 10ml)
    Endou Sakura (29.33 yen / 10ml)
    Saito Asuka (9.80 yen / 10ml)

Personally I've made my selection as the next gift for my girl...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

But Akanen spent the most at one time, right?

18. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    But of course...!|

P.S. I was absolutely CERTAIN someone would comment on Akanen... The fact I did not say anything about her was a kind of (friendly) trolling towards her fans... You've made me happy @Jsprite... Actually although I'm far from expert on cosmetics, but from what I know about men's cologne, her choice is among the most expensive cologne. Habu uses perfume, aroma in very condenced form, that's why it's in small bottles. And most probably she buys from those insanely expensive small private-label aroma houses.

• Like Like x 1
  19. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    @Philosophy Senpai
    Fascinating data you got here. All things considered, I'd say we've never been this close to SMELLING our favorite idols :D

I hardly know anything about perfume, both the group and those fragrant things, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't give it a thought.
    From the looks of it, the majority of girls prefers sweet girly stuff. Makes sense. Though some of them seem to be opting for different types.
    Habu, for example, chose The Perfume Oil Factory #21 (Ambergris). This Japanese brand seems to not so mainstream and caters towards more elegant and adult audiences. The store is located in Tokyu Plaza in Ginza, maybe not quite Mitsukoshi or Matsuya tier, but respectable enough I believe. Frankly I have no idea what ambergris smells like, but the official description makes me believe it's a sort of soothing, neutral fragrance. Habu really is aiming for this otona-ppoi image these days.
    Moriya's Jo Malone Bronze Wood & Leather, on the other hand, seems to have a more pronounced fragrance. Bitter grapefruit with wood and leather notes and a sort of smoky touch to it. I do like this type of fragrances and it sounds like what I myself could wear. As expected, this is a unisex perfume. Not what I expected from Akanen, but on the second thought it starts making sense.
    Risa's Miss Dior Eau de Toilette. Even a total buffoon like me knows this perfume. THE girly perfume. Sweet, rosy, not very strong at all. Definitely matches Risa's less yankii side. And yeah, my ex used to wear it.

As for your statement about changing perfumes. I might have to disagree. Even though some people have it, that one perfume that suits them the most, I personally believe in variety. Depending on season, circumstances and mood one can shuffle their fragrances to feel just right. In summer I like something simple and citrusy like Acqua Di Parma, in winter I tend to wear something more spicy or woody like that one used by Moriya.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @turbogig Based on the research you've done, I see I've put you on fire :) I'm so happy about that! When I showed the perfumes to my girlfriend, she chose the one called "Marry me" LOL! She knows my sweet spot for Fuu-chan (they both share also the same height) so she asked me why she's not in the list. Apparently there are no such data for all the girls. Nice to see there was at least Meimei's preference. I wish there was also the perfume of Miona. This princess must spent also a lot on cosmetics.

By the way, the same Youtube source has also similar videos on the girls' height and PB sales, however perfume preferences were wayyyyy too interesting as these info is so hard to get indeed. Plus, for the connoiseurs it could say a LOT about the girls' character.

• Like Like x 1