1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Did they announce a date for 4th Single and its activities?

2. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Nothing as of yet, they said they'll announce more info soon.

Having time to collect my thoughts.. I'm sad, but at the same time, I expected graduations this year from more 1st gen, because 5 years is about the typical run time for an idol. I am happy they gave her a center position in the 3rd single, and this may seem selfish but I would love to see another center from her before she goes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ak47

ak47 Kenkyuusei

Agreed, they should give Risa graduation center song in 4th single as Nogi did like Nanase, Ikuta, Shiraishi. I also agreed what they (1st gen & 2nd gen) went through during Keyaki that’s why I want SnF mgm to give them a chance to shine one more time in this single.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ak47

ak47 Kenkyuusei

No, it’s connecting. Risa already mentioned she respect Neru during 20yrs old adult episode in Keyakitte and also in appearance in The Gift tv show which she give presents to Neru. And during Neru graduation episode, she also mentioned that she told Risa first about her graduation. About pe-chan they are comrade during keyaki and saku and always closed together in their blog and so on.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Izzi46

Izzi46 Kenkyuusei

That would definitely leave me devastated :cry:

6. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    When I saw the news on Twitter this morning from a translation of Rekomen, I glossed over the name thinking they were talking about Pe, but then I went to reread the first few lines again.

Quite a shock to read so early in the morning.

7. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Not gonna lie, this hit me hard. Feels really uncalled for.
    One would think that Risa being a premier member since forever would make her safe for the time being, but oh well.
    It's almost as if a certain management company is actively weeding out 1st gens or something :glare:
    Once Risa is gone (think May-June at the latest) that lives us with only 22 members (same as Hinata). With other 1ki members' future being uncertain and 3ki nowhere to be seen (most likely not until 2023), we are truly entering an uncharted territory. Under such conditions even an all-member senbatsu is within the realm of possibility. The 5th single is the time when things are about to get really interesting, buckle up, folks.

8. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

Onaji. I got a bit of shock when I saw Iamyoung's post and was horrified to see that it was Risa's name with the dreaded 卒業 on Twitter.

I don't think they are doing thing actively; it's not really the Japanese way of telling people that they overstayed their welcome and should kindly f*** off. They'd simply hold back on resources and divert jobs towards more favoured member, which in this case are the 2nd generation (*cough* gorioshi Tamura *cough*) . I don't have any gossip to work with, so those who read stuff posted on Japanese and Chinese language boards will probably know better.

9. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Hahaha sorry for creating anxiety. No spoiler tag so couldn't hinde it. That's why i didn't say who exactly lol

I probably have said this before but mgmt just keep making tiny mistakes here and there. I'm not against them pushing 2ki. The Idol industry isn't fair in any way. No matter what, some wld be popular than others. I still think mgmt were trying to unwrong themselves by focusing on 2ki but in doing that, they're abandoning 1ki again in some ways. Not like they did back in keyaki but it's still there. None has been main center yet, which is really unfair. But i don't think that wld be the reason for grads now. 5/6 years being an idol is a lot of years especially for members in their 20's. Also surely adulthood kicks in and they wld love to explore other fields. Mgmt may be at fault but grad is mostly members' decision.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I wouldn't necessarily say they're abandoning 1ki.. It sucks to say but we've lost a lost of popular girls over the years. Out of the remaining members, Yuuka, Habu, Pon and Risa were the only ones at the top (Rika as well but not as pushed, and Akanen until her demotion). Koike was pretty mid tier in push and popularity in keyaki but they've definitely moved her up into a more prominent position since sakura era. The rest of the members unfortunately have never really been pushed, and I don't expect management to push them over rising stars in 2ki and especially 2.5ki who are still growing their fanbase. It only looks much more prominent of a disparity because 1) there are more 2ki than 1ki now, and 2) the ratio of popular 1ki to unpopular 1ki is 60/40 right now.

Personally, since it's pretty apparent that they want 2ki to take on more leadership/pillar roles, I would like to see more solo jobs for the remaining 1ki, kinda like how Nogi 1ki were very prominent in the media but their younger gens dominated group related work. Of course the center/front 2ki members would be included in that, but I would appreciate it if management could work on the 1ki members general appeal, because at 5+ years in the group now these members will definitely be looking at other opportunities if they're not doing so already, and a good management company would prepare them for that (should they choose to stay in the industry).

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Maybe saying abandoning was too harsh but I definitely see the disparity.

I would love to see this too. Fortunately the group is just starting to appear more in tv shows and glad they are still referred to as top idols. Im happy that 2ki have been solid in the fandom but mngmt shld really help the remaining unpopular 1ki

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I had also hope there was much more promotion in their 1st year as a group, but manage can use the pandemic as an excuse lol
    This year is hopefully the year they all get lots of promotion! It needs to happen especially as 3ki are fast looming over their heads, and it would be nice to see more members in idol/general public publicity rankings. Matsuri was a lovely surprise early this year and i'd love to see more of that this year.

13. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

So, it sems management knew about Risa leaving, thus the somewhat surprising centering for Mugon no Uchuu. After the shock and thinking with cooler heads, at what point management should seriously start thinking about 3rd gen?

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I imagine they probably asked the 1st gen when they plan on leaving at least. So based on that they might have a gauge on when the next few members plan on graduating. I feel like they will advertise for a new gen during or after their 4th single, and announce the winners after 5th single/by their 2nd anniversary. By 2023 there will surely be more grads but at that point 2.5ki would be pretty developed, 2ki should have established themselves more, and 3ki should be ready to go. Thats how i would plan it

15. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I'm not really sure if on 3rd single management already knew about Risa's graduation. She's graduating AFTER 4th single activities, not in the middle of it, so they could give her a grad song for this single.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I wld assume mgmt already knew since members would have to tell them in advance. It would certaiy explain why they gave her b-side center and Aeon Nabe talk. Also there was a tiny hint when she wrote in mobame or blog (can't remember which) after given the position. She said smthing along the line "help push the other 1ki into more center position". Don't know if i got the right trans then but it made me think she wld be leaving sooner

17. ak47

ak47 Kenkyuusei

I think she decided suddenly to graduate for the group coz of pe-Chan graduation as they are more close since Nagahama Neru graduation. Of coz she also closed with mostly all 1st gen members especially Yukka, Ozeki and Aoi tan. But i think what make her sudden graduation is coz of pe-chan. I already guessed but not that so soon because she still young and can do more things in the group or contribute more. But too bad if it’s her decision then wish her in future more success whatever she do.

• Like Like x 1
  18. sukiyanen_miichan

sukiyanen_miichan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    koikeminami
    Oh boy y'all sure love to vilify S&F every chance y'all get. Sure they've made mistakes before but the S&F post-rebrand has really stepped the game to me with promoting the group and giving other members opportunities that I wouldn't see them getting if it was still the "good" old Keyaki. These girls have been working for 5-6 years, is it weird to see them wanting a career change? Risa literally said in her grad announcement blog that she has thought about graduation before, and honestly? I believe that she probably has thought about it pre-rebrand too, and she could have left with the rebrand announcement, but she still went on with the group for another year which to me shows that she loves the group and the members. Risa and Aoi are members who both have good career prospects after grad, and Aoi has an announcer job next year that she's preparing for, so their graduation announcements aren't surprising considering. I just wish they had announced it a bit later in the year though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I'm sure a lot (OK, most likely all) of 1stgen members thought about graduation after the rebranding. Aoi's sure comes as a surprise. Who'd be the last 1stgen? My crystal ball is kinda fuzzy...
    Anyway, I can only wish the best for Aoi, I'll miss the interaction between her and Risa. :(

20. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Not much to be said that hasn't already been said. I'm just glad these two girls have had a very fulfilling idol career and I have high hopes for their post-idol career. We've had the opportunity to see Aoi go from the teased little sister who cries a lot and blossom into a very elegant, intelligent woman who her kouhai look up to and want to surpass. I'm looking forward to her hosting career if that's what she chooses (i heard rumours it's with fujitv? exciting!). It's high time we expect the 1st gen graduations, as devastating as it may be, and look forward to the next era and generation of Sakurazaka46.

Please SNF, Another graduation ceremony would be very welcomed!