1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    If you are a Saku 8 member, will you learn the choreography for the Backs songs too, just in case ? Or if you are a manager, will you encourage the Saku 8 to at least learn the basic choreography for the Backs songs too ? Maybe not practise it so much, but at least learn and know it ? :cool:

2. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Don't you think they should have done an MV for Munen too ? There is no MV for a Backs song yet, and Munen is such a cool and underrated song. IMO it is much better than Cool, especially with the disco style music.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Image from June Bubka mag. From tweet saying how each of the five members in the image gives off a different vibe. Individuals. (click/tap to enlarge)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bonner

Bonner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    • Like Like x 2
  5. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

Immediately subscribed when I saw the news on Twitter, now the one thing I really, really wish for, is that S&F decides to upload the latest SokoSaku episodes there, just like Nogizaka does with Nogichuu. :cute:
    (I wouldn't understand 90-95% of what's being said, but it would be a big step in making it easier to follow the group!)

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Do you think Habu still wears each outfit set only once ? :chuffed:

7. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    She declared so (even some years ago), she's 100% into modelling business, she appears to earn good money, she is elegant and has to follow the top latest trends in fashion, so I don't think any reason why she shouldn't wear each outfit once...

I would certainly do if I was in her shoes (and that's a huge if LOL)...

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Knowing that last Sunday's SokoSaku was going to be an athletic test for the 3gens, I went back and watched the original KeyaKake athletic contest from November 15/22 2015 (eps 7-8). Classic. Techi "runs like an athletic boy." Manaka's massive softball toss. (On this page at Keyavids.)

The 3gen contest was indoors rather than outdoors, which loses something, but was also touching and impressive: Airi and Riko battling it out for the bridge title, both arching up so fully that the distance between hands and feet on the mat was negative. Yuu-chan unbeatable in jumping up and racing to grab the flag, beating first Rena and then Hikaru:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    By the way, when did they start wearing their current beige-colored uniforms ? Was it sometime in December last year ? Or November ? Also, which is their longest worn uniform ?

10. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    My gut feeling tells me it might this one. At least this era felt like an eternity.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    So true... An eternity for them, for us and for the 2 and 2.5* gen as well.

* AKA the "obscure" gen: for Nogi, Keyaki and Hinata apparently...

12. blabla123

blabla123 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozeki Rika
    Last edited: May 23, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Rev4

Rev4 Member

From Natsuno Chikamichi:
    "If I turn the corner at the nearer side that's where mid-summer begins"

Akimoto predicted the next single release in 3rd gen's song. If it was August 9 it would have been midpoint of the summer. Makes sense.

"Start over!" gives me reboot vibes. Finally utilize that optimistic worldview from 3rd gen? Does also seems we will get three single releases this year.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

So, with the 6th single coming up, who will the center be? (By now, a 1st gen centering a single is pretty much a dream).

Keyakizaka46 was turned into Sakurazaka46 even though it was "Nobody's Fault" (I guess according to management, but we know better). The "Start Over" title can mean different things. Are we rebuilding Sakurazaka from the ground up? S&F can surprise everyone by naming a 3rd gener as center to fit the 6th single, even though I think that'd be too soon. As lovable and capable as the 3rd gen is a group, I don't think there is a Hirate-like standout for an immediate centership. Then again, are we starting over with a new "look and feel"? Maybe multiple centers? Other than that, that leaves a 2nd gener. Will Karin finally get it?

My crystal ball is rather foggy at this time...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Will Inori ever get a chance to center ? What you think ?

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I have no idea which way S&F will go. I think it's too soon for a 3gen -- and Karin is a clear choice for me, though probably not for S&F -- but Airi is outstanding in every way and could become a real star: song, dance, appearance, personality. She has it all.

17. Philosophy Senpai

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Considering that ANY group had a 1st single a few months after its forming, 3rd gen girls are absolutely able to support the 6th single even completely alone. So it's not a matter of capability but rather a matter of continuity. Therefore I expect a 1st or most possibly a 2nd gen girl to center a new single with no 3rd gens (yet). I expect a pure-3rd-gen song(s) instead.

And I am absolutely prepared for anything. And I will happily accept anything.

18. SlamDunk

SlamDunk Kenkyuusei

Not a single, no. Fairly certain about this, even as someone who rather likes her. I would not be at all surprised if she got another coupling song like “On My Way”, however.

19. Rev4

Rev4 Member

@ukifune I think management's decisions are out and the return of Akimoto's authority will decide the selection. I get the impression Akimoto never cared for 2nd gen and hence his diary of top 50 Sakamichi group songs and none was a Sakurazaka song.

Regarded the Hirate-standout type is out of the window since they switch worldview. Starting over is not staying in the same worldview and aura. According to Hirate's interview in the Rockin'on magazine in 2017 she talked about how her aura from audition gave impression to Sony staff and Akimoto she took distance from adults which settled the direction for Keyakizaka's songs.

What happens in that audition will only Akimoto and staff know. It's not management of Seed & Flower who writes the lyrics. Start over has Akimoto come up with. His double meaning in lyrics came back with Natsuno Chikamichi.

I agree with ukifune that Airi Taniguchi has everything. She has been doing local commercials before she even joined ASH as age of 10. There is a user on tiktok under lie_lazy_tenhika07 who uploaded rare commercials from Yamaguchi prefecture starring Airi Taniguchi. She did one for MaxValu where she sings (she was maybe 8 or 9, but pay attention to how rhytmic her voice is) and one commercial for rice to show off her acting skills.

Best thing about Airi Taniguchi she has all qualities to be dubbed as an absolute ace in this new worldview. She has the polar personality from what Keyakizaka stands for. She is new and fresh and probably what caught Akimoto's attention at the audition. Keyakizaka couldn't be optimistic their negative state of mind by taking distance from adults came from Hirate's personality and aura while Taniguchi's positive state of mind shows hope and optimism from her aura and takes distance from despair. She hates to lose which seems to be a common thing in 3rd gen.

She is also the first Sakamichi group member to get a solo interview and gravure in the mini magazine. They pushed for the yellow color for her which symbolize optimism. I believe this magazine is heavily focused on boy bands and k-pop groups. I wouldn't be surprised if Taniguchi ends up in the bigger fashion magazines like Elle, Vogue, Nylon, etc in the future.

And I don't think ZOZO Marine Stadium was selected randomely when they could have went for Miyagi Park Stadium for example. I'm still bullish on the sea theme and it also fits where Taniguchi comes from. The teaser cover for 6th single where sakura pink meets blue is also a link.

Cherry blossoms and sea symbolize renewal and optimism. If both these cross together you get optimistic worldview.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka

sakurazaka members appeared in mini last year ( karin, hono and kira)
    https://twitter.com/sakurazaka46/status/1587802334155112448?s=20
    and members from nogizaka and hinata too. the last member was watanabe rina (hinatazaka 4ki) with a solo gravure and interview as part of the media collaboration with sakamichi last generations ( nogi 5ki, hinatazaka 4ki and sakurazaka 3ki). the appearance of airi is part of the media collaboration.

https://sakurazaka46.com/s/s46/news/detail/M00742?ima=0000

I dont think the 2ki members has been neglected or ignored . they are doing very well representing the group and increasing the recognition of the group with the general public with their variety appearances and performances in music shows. rena has just been announced to appear in a netflix drama.
    akimoto has given them very good songs with good choreography and musical videos in my opinion.

Last edited: May 25, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1