1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The SKE48 Thread

Discussion in 'General SKE48 Discussion' started by RocketStarLauncher, Oct 7, 2008.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Aiai and Ayamero have both tested positive for Coronavirus:
    https://www.ske48.co.jp/news/?id=1627905069

Both have had fevers but are in a stable condition. Additionally Yuzuki and Airi are being tested as close contacts.

2. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    It's so ridiculous. Aiai performed with both Team S and 7D2 in the last two weeks, not to mention the Sign-Kai last week. They should put ALL of them in quarantine for the next week or until they test negative...
    Plus I really hope Zest manages to organize some vaccines asap.

Again the horrible handling of the pandemic is showing...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Ya really disconcerting how members among all-48 where performing and practicing without vaccination. Even if it was made widely available to members and staff, they are all young people and wouldn't be considered priority for getting the wakuwaku chinchin. Adult members still have to agree to get it, minors still need their parents consent. though AKS and subs could make it a requirement for performing. Japan has had a notoriously slow rollout.

Thankfully everyone is young and will hopefully recover quickly. Fingers crossed.

An article from the lancet highlighting 3 obstacles impeding Japan's vaccine rollout.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)01220-4/fulltext

Just want to add the decision to continue with the Olympics at all. I understand the economic reasons and I don't even fault the Japanese govt for going forward with the spectacle. But the idea of thousands of atheletes competing in contact and team sports, each with their own unique antibodies, mixed in high temperature high humidity climate, mutating and then going home. I'm not so pessimistic as to think the human will not be able handle these new strains , people are already becoming more resistant, with or without vaccination. But it still means more masks, more sick people and good business for boosters.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  4. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    SKE48 has now published a list of close contacts with Aiai and Ayamero:
    https://www.ske48.co.jp/news/?id=1627989979

The list has 11 members of Team KII as well as 2 team managers and a dance instructor. None of them has poor physical condition but they will all withdraw from activity until 8/15 and resumption will depend on the results of PCR testing.

Meanwhile Team S will continue to prepare for their SKE48 Summer Zepp Tour 2021 concert at Zepp Nagoya on 8/11.

5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

They'll have to live in Zorb bubbles until then :awesome:

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    This is so ridiculous.
    Aiai had a Sign-Kai-Event two days before she showed symptoms. Which in case of Covid means she was very likely already contagious at that time. Those members spend 5! hours in a room with her, only with these ridiculous mouth shields.
    And yet most of them are NOT on that quarantine list. She also had a radio recording in the evening, again, no one is on that list. :asdfgh::asdfgh::asdfgh: This is just management playing with the health of the members, it really pisses me off :rant:
    Here in Germany everyone who had contact to Aiai or Ayamelo in the last 2 weeks would have to get in self-quarantine for 14 days, with the option to take a test after 10 days to get out.

I'm sure we will see more cases in SKE coming up...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Yes, those mouth shields are patently ridiculous. Face masks are uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time, social distancing is the best solution.

It's Japanese society as a whole it seems, the response seems so inconsistent and passive at times. Plus their vaccine rollout seems well below many other advanced countries. In Europe you've got many countries with 50-70% of the adult population vaccinated whereas Japan is way lower.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Also, they started vaccinating only a few months ago.
    Around april or may.

9. welp

welp Next Girls

Japan has to proceed the Olympic under the pressure from IOC. That organization is to blame if anything terrible happens to Japan.

This is definitely not the fault of Zest/Keyholder. By universal standard for pandemic control, the medical officer must track back the activity of the patients and it is their duty to judge who are in high risk that should be quarantine to not spreading the disease. It can't be the fault of the agency if it simply followed the advice from the medical officer.

10. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    They are responsible for their employees (members) wellbeing during work. So in my opinion, they should make sure to take ALL measures to ensure that. Including sending all contact persons into quarantine, whether a medical officer identifies them or they do it.

11. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Latest Covid news is that Mizuno Airi has tested positive (but is in a stable condition):
    https://www.ske48.co.jp/news/?id=1628422277

Arai Yuki has been identified as an additional close contact. She tested negative but will continue to be monitored. The other close contact KII members will remain at home until 8/15. Also, the Team S concert scheduled for 8/11 at Zepp Nagoya has been postponed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Can't say I'm surprised after seeing how they treated Aiai's and Ayamelo's cases...

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 2
  15. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Message video for JAM EXPO 2020-2021:

if the video does not show watch the video here

16. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Informative Informative x 3
  17. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    I'm glad they cancelled it. I mean, of course I was looking forward to it (and the announcements that surely would have come with that) but given the current situation, especially with the cases among the members, it would be really hard to justify such an event.

On a related note, they also reduced the number of members per theater stage back to 8

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    It has, to a certain extend. They write in the Nao-News that the risk of moving a large number of members and staff to Tokyo would be too great of a risk at the moment

20. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Furuhata Nao is probably the largest name in SKE48 (and maybe among current 48G members, correct me if I'm wrong) to get hit with covid. Get well soon Nao :cry:

• Like Like x 1