1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] Your SKE48 Experiences

Discussion in 'General SKE48 Discussion' started by Tatami Mats, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Did I really just make this thread?

You bet I did

SKE48

Got some tickets here......1st and 3rd were from the performances. One at 12 noon, one at 4pm. Then the middle ticket was for a game challenge thing that involved the chance to win DVDs, polaroid tickets, etc. Unfortunately, I didn't win. :(

[​IMG]

I showed up to the event at 10:30am. It was crowded as hell. Not only AKB48/SKE48 fans, but just families, hobby and character fans, and the like. Thousands of people. Apparently some fans had slept overnight to get low ticket numbers for the SKE48 event. I got there at the leisurely 10:30am with 2 other friends and we still were able to get tickets without a problem. Even though I didn't use them because the view from the side of the stage (see pictures below) were better than me being "inside" the fenced-off area.

Stage area inside the event center

[​IMG]

Wall of SKE48 member photos

[​IMG]

Signed wall from AKB members. Notice that Minegishi's heart signature is huge.... :lol:

[​IMG]

This was my view for the 1st and 2nd show. I did have tickets to enter on the inside, but the numbers were high enough that I wouldn't have gotten a good view. So I just stood outside and got the front row of standing (even with the 3rd row). I took this when nobody was there obviously, but...it was close :)

[​IMG]

Overall impression:

SKE48 members.....SO MANY! They all have the same haircut. 2 of them are 11 years old. The oldest one is 22. Their MCs are a little shaky, which can be expected...which was funny. They're trying their hardest, which is also clear. There were a lot of MCs. The AKB48 members that were there today were Sato Natsuki, Noro Kayo, Nito Moeno, Sashihara Rina, Miyazaki Miho, Nozofisu, and Tojima Hana.

The MCs were actually funny this time around, and the crowd was really into them. There were 2 giant TV screens that were showing clips from the Hibiya concert, too.

Im just happy I got to see them in Tokyo, so I don't have to go all the way to Nagoya now to see SKE48.

Performance:

Party ga hajimaru yo
    Dear my teacher
    Doku Ringo

The songs were great, and old, so....it was sentimental. They were wearing the original A1 costumes for the songs, too.

That's about it. You can already tell which ones are the popular ones, but since I have NO idea what any of their names are, I cant tell you which ones are the popular ones :lol: *hides* Judging from the reactions of the crowd, a girl named Haruka, then Nakanishi Yuka (kenkyusei) and Deguchi Aki were the most liked.

A few others of course, but I dont remember their names

2. Shumatsu Samurai

Shumatsu Samurai Kenkyuusei

Good idea to start a new thread.

I'll edit my impressions and more pictures from the event in here when I'm back from Osaka.
    Just posting now to keep it connected. :fear:

OK, here it goes:
    I took way too many pictures and I won't post all of them. I'll leave them unedited (=large file size) and put a download link at the end of the post. Some are probably useless because I had to take several of the same spots because they got changed.
    I also took some that accidentally show members - maybe I should not include them... I didn't include them.

The event took place during the C3 X Hobby Kyarahobi2008 fair, a rather small fair considering how big Makuhari Messe is. They had mostly plastic models, video games and cosplay stuff but also another stage and a large area for private exhibitors. And of course some food tents.
    The back of the SKE booth was decorated with different patterns for cosplayers to take pictiures in front of.

As the pictures show, the booth was equally divided. AKB on the left, SKE on the right side. The outside of the stage was decorated with pictures, the SKE side also had members profiles. Several times during the event, members would come out and draw or write stuff on them.
    On the monitors they would play clips from the AX DVD and, during one (?) of the segments also stuff from the recent Hibiya concert.
    The stage had exits on both sides and they had to be used regularly. Since there was simply no space to accomodate all of them (and let's not forget the staff) in the booth directly, they had to walk to and from it, giving everyone a great chance to see them up close. How close you ask?
    After one of the AKB segments, when they were returning to their toilet (that's what it looked like - the entrance to a toilet on the other side of the hall), Hana and Nozofisu were talking, sticking their heads together. Hana wasn't really paying attention where she was going and no staff guy was near them either. So when they walked by, her sleeve briefly touched my arm.
    That's how close it was.
    On a side note, I must say Nozofisu looks much better in person. Some of her pictures are not too thrilling (shoot me, it's my opinion) but the real thing is quite nice.
    But damn, they're all soooo tiny.
    I didn't have a ticket but was able to secure an excellent spot on the left side. The SKE performance worked like this:
    At first, your general comedy duo (didn't get their names, don't know whether I should know them - at least they were partially funny) would come out, do a bit of their stuff and then explain the rest of the event. But I wasn't paying too much attention because the members were walking to the booth during that time.
    The overture was a bit different from the AKB one. Maybe they did it because they couldn't turn off the lights in the entire hall but I wouldn't mind if they keep it like that. So the lights stayed on, and while the same guy we all know gave us the SKE version and and a logo animation was played on the screens, the members danced onto the stage. At first, one came from the left, did a few moves and froze in her last pose. A group of 5 or so followed her, after that the same happened on the other side and was repeated until all of them were on stage. They got a warm welcome from the fans.
    Tatami already mentioned the songs. It was interesting to them with new voices. And they did a good job. Even I could spot some of the mistakes they made (for example, during the first show, forgot which song, one girl from the back row tried to run to a new position, realized that she was doing it wrong and returned to her position, laughing) but overall it was pretty good.
    I really wish I could go back in time and see the first steps of Team A - Even though you can't really compare it, since, of course, when AKB48 was originally created, nobody really knew what would come out of it.

Unfortunately, a major part of the show was taken up by self introductions. I must say, when I first saw them on the web, none of them looked very interesting (probably just as intended). Now, live, they looked much better. But in a weird way they all look the same. When I first got into A, I never thought of learning all their names (something that, thanks to the RS, still remains a bit of a problem) but at least there were some instantly recognizable faces and as soon as I had learned them, they stuck. Here, I saw them twice on one day and each time they would get time to introduce themselves individually but I hardly remember anyone.
    The self introduction worked like this:
    The comedian read out the name and basic facts while one screen showed her profile information and the other one a few making scenes. While this was playing, she would come running to the center of the stage and grab the microphone there to talk a bit about herself, usually repeating all the stuff the guy just said - and sometimes nothing else. Here we could see who already had a comfortable feeling talking in front of a crowd. With some, I couldn't help but think "She didn't think about it at all". But I'm sure that'll change over time, probably rather quickly.
    They also had a video introduction of their place in Sakae but I forgot exactly when during the event they showed it. But I think it was after the member introductions. It started with instructions how to get there from Nagoya Station by subway. They also had some scenes from AKB48 in Sunshine Sakae. The building looks more interesting than the crap paradise (DonKi). One restaurant there is owned by a fierce looking fat guy who looks strangely familiar. Of course members got to check it out. The theater is currently being prepared, so nothing to see here, move along.
    It will probably have pillars to make the fans feel right at home. j/k

Memorable snippets / random observations:
    - Nacchi kept messing stuff up she wanted to say :lol:
    - Some fans getting pretty good / direct reactions to their shouts / waving.
    - No encore (of course there were calls)
    - Priceless face of one of the staff members when Tatami shouted "Miichan" (he can explain himself if he feels like it).
    - Did I mention how short they are?
    - The hall crew didn't waste time taking down the pictures from the booth walls.
    - ^ some lucky fans ended up taking them home.

Pictures:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?dea6bxmxvzz [RAR 81.9MB]
    35 files, uncompressed, unedited, should've used the flash more... :roll:
    Most of them were just taken in a point-shoot kind of style but could still be interesting.
    Of course, since taking pictures of the stage during the event was not allowed, don't expect too much.

3. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Dead, after being struck in the heart by Chiyuu~
    Nice nice! hahaha. Same haircut?! >_<;; I'm sure that'll change soon~

The wall of signed siggies. *steals* haha. I wish x] I see Tomo~mi's! :D and so many other nekos~ lol

4. Midori.48

Midori.48 Kenkyuusei

I've never seen their performances but I have registered in their website :lol:
    Introduce was too short :lol:
    What did I do?hahahahaha :lol:

5. ossan

ossan Member

Re: Your SKE48 Experiences

It seems mixture of AKB and SKE.

6. VoiL3T

VoiL3T Kenkyuusei

Beside Acchan where i can protect her 24/7
    ^ Oh thanks the review for SKE here. Hope there is more in the future :)

7. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Thanks for the great review, Tatami! SKE48 seems like it'll be interesting later on. I can't wait till they actually start doing performances.

8. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

Re: Your SKE48 Experiences

Thanks for the SKE48 1st ever review.

<3

I wonder will there be any reviews posted here if SKE48 starts performing their regular stages in Nagoya.
    My father's home (when he goes to Japan) is in Nagoya. I seldom go to Tokyo if I'm in Japan. Hopefully when I go to Japan in November, I can catch any SKE48 stage in Nagoya.

9. yumestarlet

yumestarlet Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the first SKE48 review, Tatami!

That's cool that Aki and Yuka are getting lots of cheers. :) And Haruka seemed cool from the audition video, so that's cool that she seems to be getting popular.

And in response to haruna, when I'm studying abroad in Japan next semester, I'll be a lot closer to Nagoya than I will be to Tokyo. So I hope to see a couple of SKE48 shows during the months I'm there. If I do, I'll definitely be posting here about it. :)

10. haruna_hamasaki

^ It's great then. I hope we can see progress from SKE48 too.

11. Adam Sensei

Adam Sensei Kenkyuusei

(I suggest this thread be moved to the new section)

With SKE48 1st stage starting today, dare I ask the question: Are any of you Japan residents planning on making the trip to Nagoya any time soon? :whistle:

12. haruna_hamasaki

Moved to the right place. <3

13. pandadash

pandadash Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    *Youkokurama, thanks for letting me know about this thread.

*Uploading photos
    I went to Nagoya on 6/14. That is my first to the city, first time to watch SKE48 live (I did it before I have my first experience with AKB48; I wanted to go the B4 show that day but I didnt win any tickets).

It is a pretty crazy trip. I got off the plane in Tokyo in early morning, and head straight for the shinkansen to Nagoya to catch the noon show. [​IMG]
    Everything went according to plan, I got to the theater slightly earlier than I expected, as I didnt spend anytime in getting lost Very Happy (you can see my how to get ticket thread for more detail description about how to get to the theater)[​IMG][​IMG].

Once I got out of the metro exit (that is about 10 am), there were already some fans there waiting for the show (you start to lineup for ticket at 1045, ticket sales start at 1100, relineup for entrance lottery at 1130). I saw the SKE48 'shop' on my left under the huge tv screen. [​IMG]Grrrr...they havent started the regular sale for S1 dvd then and Wimbledon he Tsuretette photo set was out.

I won 3 ippan tickets that day (yes didnt win any enpou)[​IMG], so I went through the entrance lottery. I did the best in the noon show which end up to be the only show I got a seat, 6th group to enter. My luck went down hill since, about 15-18th group to enter in my 2nd and 3rd show. The day before I went there was the debut of KII, some flower baskets from the debut were still around. I noticed Sato Seira and Ishida Anna got a lot of flowers, whats so special about them??

My impression of the theater, it is a nicer and newer place than the AKB theater. But it is not open until it is time to enter for the show, so cant really walk around and take pictures before the show like in AKB theater (this is the only picture I took, [​IMG]Jurina <3)
    There isnt much in there, a reception, a lockers area, and the theater/bar area (it is a bar when there is no performance). 1st thing I notice when I enter the theater, there is no column in the middle blocking the view Razz.

They have benches as seating, so no back support but I think they are more comfy than those seat in akb theater. If you have to stand, there is plenty of place to stand, coz 2nd half of the theater is a bar, with booths and stools. Of coz you cant see much standing that far back, there are quite a few of tv in the theater to help you out. I am glad that I am not too short, so I can still see the show pretty clearly when I have to stand.

Before the shows start, they played the PV of Namida surprise and some of the election video of their members.

Hiramatsu Kanako was absent from all 3 shows I watched, and Rinacchi was absent from the noon show (I was so pissed when I didnt see her in the first show. was ecstatic
    to see her back in the 2nd and 3rd show, Rinacchi )

As far as the performance goes, I watched S2 LOD beforehand so I thought I had a pretty good idea going in. Man, was I wrong! The energy from girls and the atmosphere created by the fans really dont translate in the LOD videos. One more thing, they are all cute in person, even those I dont think too highly of when I look at their photos.

Although I can only understand 10-20% of the MC, MC has been really important in my book. What I like about team S MC is that they are inter related to each other and the back and forth between girls, some of the members went to tokyo for recording the day before so many of them talked about it, and Rena said something about practicing French for the trip.

Two of the members caught my eye the most during the show: Nakanishi Yuka and Takai Tsukina. Yuka is a great dancer that give out great energy, she is perfect with Jurina in Glory days. I absolutely adore all the little things Tsukina does, it might annoy some other people (as I have read in other thread), I am totally eating them out. She is so FREAKING CUTE <3! I did notice her mind seems to wander a bit when it is time for other people's MC, thats a little knock on her.

One side note before moving onto the 3rd show, there is a guy wearing Haruhi costume sitting outside the theater :^^;:

To my pleasant surprise, the evening show is Kumin's birthday show(also the 99th Team S show, 100th SKE show but they didnt do much about that. May be they did something special for100th Team S show.), YAY! The committee handed out glowing stick and a fan [​IMG][​IMG]to everybody to cheer for Kumin. As good as the atmosphere in the first two show, the fans are turning it a notch. We cheered for her and wave the fan everything she sings, everybody did the wave of glowing stick during Wimbledon he Tsuretette and chanted for her during the encore call. It is so fun! During the encore they bring out the cake (they had two girls carry the cake out, poor girls, cant they afford a cart?), we all sing Happy brithday together (they used the happy birthday part in namida surprise, I thought we will actually use the song for celebration but the NS music stopped when it is going back to the chorus part). A girl read out a letter from Kumin's parent to Kumin (too bad I dont understand most of the content), Kumin bursted into tears listening to it. It is pretty touching even I dont quite understand the letter.

After the show, although I wish to stay around a bit longer, I had to rush to the station for shinkansen (otherwise I will have to take normal express train back to tokyo and wait till the next morning) back to tokyo. And that marks the end of my day in Nagoya (I have not venture more than 50 m outside of Sunshine Sakae the whole day, expect for transportation Razz)

All I can say is I love Team S even more after watching them live, I am so glad I made this trip. I will definitely go back next time I visit Japan; Team S = Team B > ALL!!! :1st:

14. SomethingWild

SomethingWild Kenkyuusei

^Thanks for sharing your expierences! Wow, Kuumin's birthday show.. lucky!

Quoted for truth.

15. lanisundae

lanisundae Kenkyuusei

.__. i cant remember much,
    i don't have to pay the ticket to see SKE,
    i don't have to line up and get seated first..and serve by staff-san,
    thats about it

16. hina

hina Member

thanks for the wonderful review panda! I'm glad you had fun! And nice timing for Kuumin's birthday too haha! I wish we could watch that. :D

17. Shoudou

Shoudou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kotaniriho
    well, short story

i went yesterday to the akb theater to buy the ske single, with the sinbgle i got a handshake ticket woth some of the KII girls, i felt little bad cause i didnt recgnise them at all, cause i only know girls of team S, but was a great experience.

18. P-ika

P-ika Kenkyuusei

Wow, amazing.

Anyway, I don't know any of the KII girls, so did you went to the handshake? Were some girls of team S? Was she even there? XD