1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Kato Minami (Katomina) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 8, 2015.

1. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    Can someone translate what she said in this video? I know it’s an apology. I just want to be sure I’ve got all the information correct.
    if the video does not show watch the video here

2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    From the English-language Twitter account 'Kato Minami Central' (@minaminaminam1):

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    The dislike to like ratio is exactly what she deserves. Almost 8x more dislikes. I love how the comments aren’t believing her shit and are pointing out how fake this apology is.
    The top comments are asking why she’s only apologizing to the world and never directly apologizing to Maho and co in the video, and another wondering also why she’s only apologizing now. Another top comment is saying that she’s only apologizing because she thought this would all eventually tide over, especially after she graduated, but it didn’t.
    The top comments on most of her videos talk about her bad character and that they don’t believe she’s the “sweet girl” that she portrays herself as. I’m glad the fans see right through this.

• Like x 3
    • Dislike x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
  4. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    This is her 3rd time apologizing actually. Just the first time in a video on her own.

The best way to show her your displeasure is by not giving her views/comments that make her videos more visible. Directing hate to her constantly makes her the victim of bullying and I don’t think that’s what the justice warriors want. She’s more than paid the price for what she did. (Which to be clear was voicing her displeasure over seeing constant negative press about a group she loved during her personal time. That’s it.) She will never have the future she did before. What else do you want from her? What would make people happy enough to leave her to live her life? Probably nothing. I don’t even think that retirement would make you all happy. What would you all do if this sparked someone to actually physically attack her? Try to rape her? For her to commit suicide? Would you then back down? Would you come to her defense like you seem to think you still need to do for Maho? Or would you say “Good. She had it coming!”? Because those are all very real possibilities.

I know that it’s not the popular opinion but frankly unless Maho names the persons herself you have only conjecture on who they might be. So unless Maho asks for an apology at this time I would caution people against speaking for her. Also, as a victim of my own horrors I can tell you that I would not want a traumatic event that I was the victim of constantly brought up to me.

Minami is no longer a member of NGT48. She had her bright future stripped from her because an error of judgement. She will have to live with that forever. What she should not have to live with is bully’s harassing her constantly in the name of someone they don’t know. This isn’t about “Maho & Co” anymore. It’s about all those people enjoying making Minami miserable.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  5. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I disagree with the bullying campaign, and I didn't leave a comment or dislike on the video myself. So I think the best course of action is really for people to just ignore Minami if they are still unhappy with what happened.

That being said, I am one of those people that are still unhappy. I understand her reasons for why she made that instagram post, but I don't accept it. She was being insensitive about someone getting physically assaulted and then disregarded. I personally just can't understand how she could have had so little compassion for what happened to Maho, and that is entirely ignoring any possibilities about her involvement. I don't think she was involved in what happened to Maho, but her reaction was cold.

Instead of being annoyed, she should have showed sympathy for what Maho is going through. If NGT48 members had done that, they would have received a lot more support from the public for sure. Instead, only a handful of girls (such as Rena and Riko) voiced their support for Maho. I just can't fathom how much you'd have to dislike someone to get annoyed when confronted with their trauma.

Like I said, I don't think she was involved in Maho's case, but she didn't show any sympathy for what happened to Maho at any point. She's sorry for having voiced her displeasure and that's fair. If she can't feel sorry for what Maho went through, she shouldn't expect people to feel sorry for what she herself has been going through.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    That’s valid. Overall agree with your statement. I don’t expect everyone to be happy with her apology. I don’t expect people to like her again. I do expect those who don’t like her/want her to fail to leave her alone and not bully her.

As far as the apology itself.... She really wasn’t apologizing to Maho or for what she said. she was apologizing for making the comments publicly on Instagram aka causing trouble to people. I think that’s more because she thinks the comments are coming from people who are unhappy with what she did vs what she said. That’s definitely an incorrect assumption on her part but I don’t think it’s impossible for her to make it. After all why would people who have no interest in her come and search her out only to direct hate her way? Unfortunately that’s what they are doing.

As far as why she felt the way? I don’t know. She may actually have an excuse for it, but voicing that is probably never going to happen. At the time of her comment, she was already being accused of being a perpetrator. People were going on her comments telling her she was horrible human being, to quit, etc all because she came from a rich family. People were accusing her of being part of the attack. I think that’s where it came from. But that’s my opinion, so that doesn’t make it fact. Ultimately we do not know what happened behind the scenes of NGT48 or what Maho and Katomina may have said to eachother. We don’t even know if they actually even were friendly before the attack. We don’t know anything beyond the accusations made by Maho and the case that was presented. We don’t have witness testimony. We don’t even have character witnesses. There simply is not enough legit evidence to form a conclusion and I don’t think there ever will be. What we do is that know a horrible thing happened to Maho. The energy people are using to hate Minami and the other members should actually be used to support Maho & the other girls. If someone needs to direct their displeasure somewhere they should do that to NGT management.

What I disagree with is your statement that people shouldn’t be expected to feel sorry for what she’s going through. Compassion and justice should not be selectively given. People absolutely should be ashamed and sorry for what she is going through currently. Hate and bullying are NEVER ok. Period. I am scared she is going to do something rash or someone is going to do something to her. People need to stop. Those who have done the bullying and harassing need to admit they have gone too far. At this point she deserves an apology from them. An apology is not support, it’s not even saying what she did was ok. What it is doing is showing that humility and admitting your wrong is the right way to go. If people want her to admit she was wrong, maybe lead by example.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vrs0Kc3PvUG0Z0aZIexGPwKX3kcEZcQx-EKrR3blj-Y/

Here's two minutes of hot air for you, bro, without the embellishments or the glorifications or the personal commentaries passed off as translation summaries. This is basically the "mistakes were made" level of template (non-)apology that nobody in their right mind needs to hear.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I find it amusing that someone is portraying mina as the victim now. As if YouTube dislikes and comments amount to bullying, whereas Maho was the subject of actual bullying by the gang Mina was "consorting" with. But hey I guess that's how the world is today.

I'd be okay with mina having a redemption arc if she actually meant the apology but that unfortunately was probably written by the shady management of her agency.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. shinra94

shinra94 Kenkyuusei

Retirement is the only apology she needs to make and get on with her life in private. She's done in regards to show business. No agency or TV show of any repute will have anything to do with her and the public clearly aren't interested.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I didn't say people can't feel sorry for her, I'm saying she shouldn't expect sympathy from people since the reason people don't like her is the fact that she had no sympathy for Maho. Basically the whole "treat others like you want to be treated."

In Minami's case, she is now being treated in the same way she treated Maho, but with an insane magnitude. I would feel bad for her if she got physically hurt or felt the need to hurt herself, but I can't say I feel much at all for what is happening right now. I don't exactly feel sorry for her because I believe it's just karma, but I also don't enjoy watching her get bashed continuously.

One more thing that bothered me was the whole agency switch, which she only advertised for in China, where people don't seem to care about the NGT48 scandal. She's still working together with Imamura Etsuro. Personally, I'd be super grossed out to work with this dude? It seems to me like he's taken her under his wing and is trying to push her career forward (maybe because her dad invested massively in NGT48 and Etsuro owes him something? Maybe they genuinely like each other [even though that's even more awful to me]? I don't know). They were sneaky and weird about this whole thing and tried to pretend Etsuro was someone else by listing him under a different name.

It's clear that Minami didn't and still doesn't feel like the way NGT48 reacted to Maho's incident (aka not at all) was wrong.

I've said this recently as well in the General AKB48 Thread, but the major problem I have with AKB and its sister groups is that people only look out for themselves and their own career. They need to realise that helping each other out would actually also support their own career. Had Minami just shown sympathy for Maho, supported her, voiced dissatisfaction with NGT48 management, people would have eaten her up. The fact that she's still working together with that guy is further proof to me that she hasn't changed or learned anything from this at all.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    She also knows significantly more about it and about what Imamura did behind the scenes than any of us do. Which, if you were so inclined, I suppose you could take as proof of any number of things.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Considering Maho's reaction and the fact that he lost his position as manager, I think most people will agree that he didn't do much.

People can defend the girls if they want, and like I said I disagree with actively making negative comments/leaving dislikes. I'm aware Minami still has a lot of fans, and I'm sure other members of NGT48 do too. Not sure what you get from defending management, though. They were neither able to protect Maho and friends, nor the other group of members that you still support.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Let's be real, he lost his job as manager entirely because someone had to take the fall, and can you really say anyone that followed did better? Certainly not Matsumura, whose bright idea it was to have Maho apologise. Minami was actually there to see what went on both before and after the incident, while we only know tiny bits and pieces of the story. She apparently still trusts him enough to work for him, and it seems a bit arrogant to dismiss that trust.

Also,
    Where exactly is the commonality here? I don't know why people insist on seeing Minami's instagram story as an attack on Maho herself, rather than what it obviously was--an expression of complete and utter doneness with the constant, misinformed rumourmongering disguised as news coverage that was already getting NGT48 members "bashed continuously".

Honestly I dislike(d) both Katomina and Imamura since long before the incident, but people have gone off the deep end in their hatred for both.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't consider it a direct on Maho either, but like I've said, she showed a lack of empathy for Maho's situation. Personally, if something like that happened to a work colleague, even one I didn't like, I'd feel bad that they went through it. Minami being done with the situation is just cold and emotionless.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Especially because she was the group LEADER at the time

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    LOL
    Go find me the May 20, 2019 episode of Miyane-Ya (the one shown in that Instagram story) and let's see here, all together, just how much of it was "rumourmongering disguised as news coverage", enough to make the poor daughter of Shinsen's boss grumble in annoyance, feel that a footage of the graduation stage of three coworkers was totally spoiling her much more important manicure session (at some salon in Tokyo, no less, don't they have that stuff in Niigata?), and try sharing that post with her unspecified e-friends either for bragging or to seek self-confirmation.
    Making apologetics based on flimsy sophisms this late into the story is the last thing I need to see. In fact, at this point it's just plain brazen-faced revisionism trying to take advantage of how much time has passed since then.

Oh wait, you know what, I'll post the video myself since I see nobody here does their job anyway... Here's your terrible "rumormongering coverage". Terrible stuff indeed (this is sarcasm, anyway).

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Please don't make me laugh, and please don't pursue this discussion any further.
    Funny thing is also that the scene in question depicted in that Instagram story is just 10 seconds (!) into the coverage, speak of ridiculously low tolerance threshold too.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    She was the Team NIII captain for about a year. There was no such thing as group leader.

I'll pursue what I think needs to be pursued. That said, as a whole that show is much better than I thought. However by your own admission her reaction wasn't about the content of that show, as it had only just started:

Most people don't live with blinders on, the past affects how we feel about the present, and previous coverage could easily have primed her to respond in this manner.

Or maybe it was simply distaste for those three and the mess left by their departure, she was never exactly a paragon of compassion.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Perhaps Mina was annoyed that Maho refused to subscribe to the "by any means necessary" method, that Maho didn't want to become a slut in order to get more success as an idol.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Calendar is here, halfway through the year due to pandemic shipping delays. It does run Feb '21 to Feb '22. Anyway just to support minami monster.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeKMyfYo/

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  20. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz