1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Iwasa Misaki (Wasamin) / 7th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Mini-Live at Aeon Tokorozawa, Saitama Prefecture (2019/08/31)

wasa65.jpg

Jeez, it was less than two months ago that Wasamin appeared at this venue, the last time being a pre-order event for the re-release of her latest single. This weekend apparently will mark the close of the active promotion for the Koi no Owari Sangenjaya Special Edition. Her next promotional weekend in mid-September will mark the beginning of pre-order events for her upcoming album, Misaki Meguri ~Dai 2 Sho~. Although technically fans will still be able to buy the 8th single and get handshake/2-shot tickets...

wasa67.jpg
    from Wasamin's official blog

Wasamin was pretty busy this past week, first flying to Shimane Prefecture to film segments for the television show she co-hosts with Mizumori Kaori. Then yesterday she posted a video from Nishida Ai's official YouTube channel of the two of them whispering and eating those cheese dogs that are currently all the rage in Japan...

if the video does not show watch the video here

Meanwhile I received the latest edition of Misaki Magazine, filled with photos and commentary of her activities in the last six months or so; The play she was in, Nagara Group concerts, her trip to Okinawa, the Wasamin 'Club Room' at BIG ECHO, and off-shots of her hanging out with Mizumori-san. Apparently her lunch cruise event didn't make the deadline, perhaps next issue. There was also a flyer for Wasamin's next bus tour event this fall. This time the fans will be going to Gunma, and Lockheart Castle.

wasa64.jpg

Anyway, back to the event. I headed to Ikebukuro to connect with the Seibu Line, catching the express train out to Tokorozawa. Since I was early, I strolled through Tokorozawa's main shopping street scouting my lunch options, getting to the mall around 20 minutes before the first show. There were plenty of seats available in the back, but I was able to find a seat in the third row on the right. I forgot to bring my Happi coat, but did remember to bring an uchiwa since this mall is notoriously stuffy and hot. Wasamin took the stage in her light, multi-colored kimono. Here's her early setlist...

Setlist 13:00
    1. Saba Kaido
    2. Ringo no Uta
    3. Yarazu no Ame
    4. Koi no Owari Sangenjaya

They screwed up and played the long version of Saba Kaido, which Wasamin wasn't expecting. Usually at mini-live events she sings a version that skips the 2nd verse, and she was ready to begin singing the bridge when the song made the unexpected transition. She kinda guffawed and stumbled, but eventually was able to get back into the song. She sings the full version quite often, so it wasn't like she forgot it. By the way, that happened once before at her mini-live in Niigata, although that time she stopped the song, and then started it again. Her main MC centered around her recent announcement of her 3rd album. She mentioned something about the jacket cover being special or unique...or something. I think she was teasing us a bit. But considering there are a couple of anime-related songs on the tracklist, that could be a hint. Aside from that, the television show with Mizumori-san, and her upcoming "Setagaya Police Officer for a Day" event were the other topics of the day. That, and of course how hot it is in that mall. After the show they formed the queue right next to where I was sitting, so I popped up immediately and was first in line. I figured I would get my first 2-shot out of the way quickly and have plenty of time for lunch. Wasamin and I struck a pose, but it was then decided that we were in a shadow, and that we should move about a foot or so to our left. We then re-posed...

wasa61.jpg

Rabu rabu. I told Wasamin that I was excited about 'Hidarikiki' and 'Machibuse' from the upcoming album, which are the two pop-oldies tracks. I went on to inform her that I received my new magazine. So pretty much congratulations visit. I was hungry so I left immediately to go find lunch. Having a little less than two hours to spare, I ate, then went to a coffee shop, and then another coffee shop before finally heading back to the mall. I arrived only five minutes before the 2nd show, but was still able to find almost the same seat as before. The late setlist...

Setlist 15:30
    1. Mujineki
    2. Gakusei Jidai
    3. Fuyu no Riviera

The MCs were pretty much the same as the first show, with the obvious exception of the music screw-up. Interestingly, Wasamin usually promotes her next appearance during the final MC of the day. And considering that Sunday's event is in Iruma, which is fairly close to Tokorozawa, one would think that she would've mentioned it. But instead she mainly talked about her appearance next weekend in Odaiba. Ya know, Wasamin gets so busy that sometimes she DOES forget what day it is. So I'll give her a pass, and figure it just slipped her mind. Oh, and it is also interesting to people-watch at this mall. Vanda Records is opposite the clothing and shoe department at the mall, and the performance venue is an open space. Many of the songs she covers are classic oldies that are well-known by most people over-40, so it isn't surprising to see people running over during the set to check Wasamin out. Anyway, despite being next to the queue, I took my time before getting in line. I only had enough tickets for one 2-shot, and I had plenty of time to make the next express train. Instead I packed my stuff, put my electronics on the charger, and then queued up. The line wasn't very long....

wasa62.jpg

So this time I wanted to ask her why they were whispering on the video I posted above. It just seemed like an odd thing to do. I have never seen any of Nishida Ai's other videos, so I asked if she always does this. Wasamin said no, but gave me an explanation that I didn't really understand. In any case, I told her I liked when she whispered "I Love You" at the end. And with that my time was up.

I headed back to the train station, but not before I noticed that the mall did indeed have a food court. I went downstairs to check it out. Are you kidding me? Ramen, Takoyaki, and Ice Cream. That's it. It was the most anemic food court I have ever seen. For me the food courts are part of the fun of going to see Wasamin at all these malls. But at least the surrounding neighborhood is lively.

wasa66.jpg

So tomorrow I will go back in the same direction, only this time to Iruma which is a few stops further down from Tokorozawa. Oh, and this is another mall with a lame food selection. But if I remember correctly there was a grilled meat and fish skewer shop outside the mall. So that may end up being the call.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Mini-Live at Maruhiro Iruma, Saitama Prefecture (2019/09/01)

Sunday afternoon found Wasamin and her fans at another mall performance in Saitama along the Seibu Ikebukuro Line. And again, it was a mall she just recently performed at. Iruma is a sleepy little town around 12 minutes past Tokorozawa. The city is probably most famous for the nearby Japan Self-Defense Force Airbase, and you can see various military aircraft taking off and landing on the outskirts. Aside from that, there isn't much going on. I did notice that there seemed to be an excessive amount of hair salons in the neighborhood, although I am puzzled as to why. Oh, and Iruma-shi Station has a McDonalds inside the ticket gate, which I also found quite unique. Anyway...

wasa73.jpg
    The Iruma skyline, shot from the roof of the mall

I left slightly earlier than on Saturday, taking the bus to Ikebukuro instead of the train. I wanted to get to Iruma slightly earlier than usual since the mall is a bit of a walk from the station. Although this time I accidentally found a shortcut that made the journey significantly faster. I also found quite a few more eateries that I didn't notice when I came here in the Spring. I arrived at the mall and went straight up to the roof where the event was being held. That's a unique feature about this mall, they have a performance hall on the top of the building. It looks like it is also used for various other banquets and events. It's a very nice place to hold a performance. However, it virtually eliminates the possibility of foot traffic since there is no other reason to go on the roof. Not that it matters though, this mall is not very lively. That said, there were quite a few locals there to see the show. I'm guessing the performances are probably a big deal to the local community, and according to their schedule they get top artists there quite frequently.

wasa74.jpg
    The 'isolated' performance hall

I scouted the room for a seat, and found an open spot in the 4th row on the far right. This time I remembered my Happi, so after purchasing a few CDs for handshake tickets, I donned my coat and got ready for the show. Wasamin took the stage again wearing the black yukata that she seems to enjoy wearing in the summer. Here's the early setlist...

Setlist 13:00
    1. Saba Kaido
    2. Tokyo no Bus Girl
    3. Tonde Istanbul

Wasamin noted the big difference between playing in a private hall like this versus the traditional mall setup, where she is usually near shops, or by the food court. She really liked this venue, and noted that the fans can yell and cheer without interfering with the nearby businesses. She also spoke a little bit more about the upcoming album release, and that we would be seeing a different side of Iwasa Misaki. If you have seen the tracklist, you will get an idea as she is recording two "anime-related" songs for it. But the way she has been talking about the jacket shooting makes me think it will be something VERY different from her past covers. Oh, and there was a guy there, I am pretty sure he also was in attendance the last time she performed at this venue, but when Wasamin does her little shtick at the end about it being the final song, and the fans acting all disappointed until she "informs" us that there's a second show. He kept trying to interrupt her, like he's not in on the joke. I think I remember him doing the same thing last time as well. She initially ignored him, but then turned and acknowledged him when she "revealed" the second show. I took my time lining up to see her since I knew I would have a lot of down time between performances....

wasa71.jpg

One of the hand motions from 'Sangenjaya.' Wasamin mentioned that she is impressed that I seem to know all the hand motions for every song she performs. Heck, I should considering how often I see her, right? She also asked about my shirt, which was a Devilcraft Brewery 6th Anniversary T-Shirt. I think she was interested in the silhouette of the dancing guy. After that I gathered my things and headed out for lunch, but not before reserving a seat third row center for the second show.

After searching around the neighborhood, I found a Cafe Gusto a few blocks away. Gusto is one of the big Japanese family restaurant chains (along with Saizeriya, Jonathan's, and Denny's) I was thirsty more than I was hungry, and I knew that they had an unlimited drink bar. After lunch I ended up sitting in a park for a while, which may not have been the best idea since it was hot and humid, so I got a little sweaty. But at least I was in the shade. I eventually made it back to the mall, and to my saved seat...

Setlist 15:30
    1. Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara
    2. Niji wo Watatte
    3. Yarazu no Ame

Wasamin asked what we all had for lunch during the break. Someone blurted out karaage. She admitted that she was a little bit under the weather, but had a croquette for lunch. (She also had bubble tea, according to her blog) In introducing Niji wo Watatte, Wasamin noted the fan calls. She has also started mentioning it before the other songs we do Wasamin calls for too. She's always gotten a big kick out of us doing that, as well as the "Sou desu ne!" routine. Any time Wasamin mentions something and ends the sentence with "ne?" the fans all yell back "Sou desu ne!" It's funny because there was one fan who started it, and it has now caught on with everybody, LOL. She also did a small promotion of her show next week in Odaiba. I have never seen her onsen performances, which she is now doing semi-regularly. However, I think I might give this one a try. I only had one ticket for the late show, so instead of taking a 2-shot, I went with a straight handshake...

I removed my Happi so Wasamin could see the entire shirt, including the logo on the sleeve. But first I mentioned that I had a Caesar Salad at Cafe Gusto for lunch. She asked how it was. I said it was surprisingly good. I then showed her my shirt, reminding her that there's a Devlicraft not far from the Tokuma corporate office. Ultimately she stated that she thought the shirt was cool. And with that I told her I would see her in Odaiba next week.

I checked the train schedule, and the next express train back to Tokyo was leaving in less than 20 minutes, and there was a 30-minute wait for the one after. So I hoofed it back to the station in plenty of time to make the train, and had dinner in Ikebukuro before taking the bus home.

wasa72.jpg
    Spicy Ramen!

Ya know, originally I planned to make this a full weekend of both Wasamin and DESURABBITS, but after "DR" posted that they were doing performances in Tokyo throughout the coming week, I decided to take it easy and make it an exclusive Wasa-weekend. But DESURABBITS will definitely be on my shortlist of things to do in the coming week. Oh, and Wasamin is doing another YouTube show on Monday, so we have that to look forward to as well.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Wasamin's latest episode of Koi no Hajimari Roppongi...

This time Wasamin tries to guess the meanings of road signs from around the world.

4. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Wasamin has posted the covers to her upcoming album on her official blog...

Regular Edition

wasa1.jpg

Limited Edition (w/DVD)

wasa2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Mini-Live at Aeon Minami-Koshigaya (Saitama Prefecture) & "Police Officer For a Day" at the Setagaya City Citizen's Meeting (2019/09/14-15)

This is the first of two consecutive three-day weekends in Japan, and for this weekend Wasamin had a full-schedule of appearances, including two mini-lives and another special event. Since all of the performances were taking place around the Kanto area, I planned on attending all three, beginning with a trip up to Koshigaya.

wasa6.jpg

Koshigaya is known for the gigantic Laketown Mall complex, where not only Wasamin, but just about every idol group I have ever been into has performed. In fact, DESURABBITS is appearing there later this month. However, this appearance was taking place at the comparably tiny Aeon Minami-Koshigaya, which is just one stop away. I decided to get there relatively early, and perhaps get a seat for the show. Since I had never been there before, I got a little bit confused when exiting the station, first walking in the wrong direction, and then actually passing the mall before realizing I was a block off. I still found the place with plenty of time to spare. I immediately went up to the 2nd floor, and couldn't figure out where they were going to hold a mini-live, that is until I found a small stage and seating area tucked into a corner behind the women's clothing department. There were three rows of small folding chairs, most of which had been reserved. As a result I decided to stand for the show. I also noticed a couple of those "Turbo" massage chairs set up behind the seating area, so I decided instead of an early lunch, I would get a quick massage. After that, I was ready for action! We were advised to keep the calls to a minimum so not to disturb the shops. Here's the first setlist...

Setlist 12:00
    1. Hatsuzake
    2. Gakusei Gidai
    3. Yurazu no Ame

Wasamin was wearing the kimono from the limited edition cover of her upcoming album. When she first took the stage one of the sales ladies from the adjacent shop was completely starstruck. I don't know of she was a fan or what. Wasamin also talked about a new feature at her mini-live events, the sale of goods, pretty much old stuff that the regular fans already have. So it's probably a good idea to make it available at public events, just to get rid of the surplus merchandise. I had planned on two visits for the first event, the first being a two-shot....

wasa7.jpg

So I had to talk about the new album covers, especially the Regular Edition where she is wearing black. I told her how much I loved the cover, although I failed to mention which one I was talking about. But she immediately knew. "The black one-piece?" Yes!!! I told her that everyone I have showed it to was extremely impressed. After that I immediately re-queued since the break between shows was shorter than usual, and I wanted to give myself time to eat lunch and go to the 7-eleven ATM machine a couple blocks away. For my second visit I decided to break some news to Wasamin that I have been hesitant to reveal, that I will be leaving Japan soon. Wasamin has to maintain her demeanor for the event, but she seemed shocked, eventually exclaiming "sabishii!" However, I did let her know that I may be returning to Japan, but it might not be until early next year. I started getting choked up telling her this, but I maintained a stiff upper lip. And with that I went to lunch, returning shortly before the second show. Here's the late setlist...

Setlist 14:00
    1. Mujineki
    2. Ginza Kan Kan Musume
    3. Fuyu no Riviera

Wasamin asked what everyone had for lunch. Personally, I had gone to one of the restaurants just outside the mall for an Udon/Tempura lunch set, but it turned out most of the Wasafans went to the nearby Lotteria. Wasamin admitted that she didn't eat anything, and had a long explanation that I didn't completely understand. By the way, there was an eccentric fan at the show. This guy I have seen at some of the Saitama events. He has a bag of various homemade Wasamin signs and collages. Plus he has these little dolls that he cheers for Wasamin with. I mean the guy is harmless, but it's just funny the various strange fans that come to see Wasamin...

Personally, I was in a bit of a hurry since I had a ticket to DESURABBITS' one-man live in Shimo-Kitazawa. When I talked to Bucho-san (the stormtrooper guy from Desuravi) he thought it may be too far away to make it on time, but I checked Hyperdia (a reliable train schedule website) and the ride wasn't as long as I thought it would be. I still decided to make sure I was first in line, so I could get to the station as quickly as possible...

wasa8.jpg

I gave Wasamin a bit more information about my move. The fact is that I do have a tentative job offer (in fact I have a couple of them) and that I am going through company orientation and training in a couple weeks. Also, I haven't seen my family in almost two years. The bottom line is nothing is set, but the opportunity to come back early next year on a job visa is there. It's just a matter of if I want to take it. So Wasamin seemed a bit relieved, and when I mentioned how long it had been since I had seen my father and brother she totally understood. With that I told her I would see her tomorrow, and took off for the station...

And yes, I made it to Shimo-Kitazawa in time for the DESURABBITS show!

"Police Officer For a Day" Setagaya City Citizen's Meeting on Traffic Safety

wasa3.jpg

Wasamin has done the "cop for a day" thing a couple times before, but this was the first chance I have had to go. I didn't know what this event would be like, only that we were supposed to queue up at 1 p.m. and receive special Iwasa Misaki fan entrance numbers. I arrived at Setagaya City Hall just after noon, taking the Tokyu Setagaya Line streetcar for the first time. (It's the train featured in Wasamin's 8th single MV) There were around twenty people in line. I actually wanted to eat before queueing, so I left my backpack marking my spot in line, then went across the street to grab a couple things from the local conbini.

wasa9.jpg

Shortly before 1 p.m., the line had grown exponentially. However, the staff instructed all Setagaya Ward residences to form a separate queue. It became obvious that they were isolating the Wasamin fans, and that we were going to be admitted last. There were a lot of locals there, and for a while I wondered if we were going to be shut out. Ultimately this ended up being a huge auditorium, so that wasn't an issue. However, the Wasamin section ended up being in the top part of the theater, on the far right. It was like they put us as far away from the stage as possible, LOL.

wasa10.jpg

It turned out to be a full 2-hour program, mainly focusing on bicycle safety. After a series of speeches by a bunch of city officials, Wasamin was part of the second portion of the show. Of course she looked adorable in her police uniform. Along with a couple of young scouts and the Setagaya City mascot, they demonstrated a few do's and dont's when bicycling in traffic. By the way, they introduced her with the old bio that talks about her AKB days. And when they mentioned the name of her latest single, the entire local audience began mumbling in amusement since we were just up the road from Sangenjaya. After the safety lesson there was a short break before the entertainment portion of the show...

wasa5.jpg

The first group out was a teenage dance troupe called "ENCORE," who mainly danced to idol songs. Their setlist consisted of two AKB songs, (High Tension, KFC) Morning Musume's "The Peace," a Keyakizaka 46 song, and a couple of old classics (Koi no Dial 6700, Koi no Vacance) They were cute, although I thought their set was a little long. Wasamin took the stage right after, although she had changed into a Kimono for the performance. Her setlist...

1. Saba Kaido
    2. Tokyo no Bus Girl
    3. Ginza Kan Kan Musume

First off, Wasamin was completely amused that her fans were all grouped together at the top of the auditorium. The locals also got a kick of the Wasafans' calls and cheers, many of them looking back at us from time to time. But despite us being far from the stage, and not the majority of the audience, she still did the 'final song' bit where we act all surprised and disappointed, and she also used that moment to promote her Monday mini-live appearance in Western Tokyo.

The final performers would be a local youth orchestra and color guard. I used the opportunity to leave the theater, but still stuck around in case Wasamin was doing a post-show buppan. It turned out that there was no handshake event, and the orchestra finished 20-minutes after the scheduled ending, so I technically hung around for 40 minutes for no reason, LOL. Actually, I ended up taking the train with a couple of other fans, and we ended up chatting a bit along the way, so that was fun.

wasa4.jpg

On Monday Wasamin would be appearing at Aeon Mall Hinode, which is in Western Japan. It takes a while to get there, (four trains for me) not to mention the 1 kilometer walk from the station to the mall. But I was all-in for completing the full Wasamin long weekend.

• Like Like x 4
  6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Congratulations on the job!

7. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Mini-Live at Aeon Mall Hinode, Western Tokyo (2019/09/16)

Monday wrapped up a full three-day weekend of Wasamin events, at a mall I am well familiar with. Wasamin's last visit to Aeon Mall Hinode in the rural part of Western Tokyo was the wrap-up of her 6th single (Saba Kaido) promotion in 2017. It was a memorable event for me as I won a janken contest for a signed Wasamin cheki at the end of the event.

wasa16.jpg

The mall is also memorable for being out in the 'sticks'. To got there you have to take the Ome Line or the Seibu Shinjuku Line from Shinjuku out to Akishima, then transfer onto the JR Itsukaichi Line toward the mountains and a tiny suburb. From there it's a one kilometer walk to the only action in town, the mall. And what a lively mall it is! One gets the feeling that everyone living nearby converges on this place for their weekend activity. It houses a large movie complex, plenty of nice restaurants, and all sorts of shopping choices. It's amazing to see how bustling the place is in comparison to the quiet town that surrounds it. And for that reason it is a great place for Wasamin to do a mini-live. She always draws a big crowd at places like this.

I needed to head out early to make the 12:00 show since it takes me over 90 minutes to get there. It was raining steadily in Central Tokyo, so I decided to take one of my old umbrellas with the plan to ditch it later on. Ironically, the umbrella broke as I entered my local station, so I ended up tossing it early on. Luckily the rain stopped a short time later.

I decided to head to Western Tokyo via Takadanobaba Station since it was a cheaper fare. Upon transferring trains in Haijima I didn't see any other Wasafans on the small train, which concerned me slightly. But when I arrived at the station I saw two fans exit the end car, so I knew I was in the right place.

wasa15.jpg

Entering the mall, all the seats were taken. So I decided to grab a cold drink and relax before returning to the stage. I donned my Wasa-Happi coat, which drew the attention of a few locals who began asking me a lot of questions. They cleared a spot for me to get a nice view, which was very cool of them. I saw Wasamin coming down the hall toward the stage before the show, and she gave me a little wave. Eventually it was showtime, Wasamin wearing the kimono from the new album cover, Here's the early setlist...

Setlist 12:00
    1. Hatsuzake
    2. Niji wo Watatte
    3. Yurazu no Ame

Wasamin noted that she had performed at this location a few times before, but it had been quite a while since the last time. She also spent some time talking about the Setagaya City Police Event she participated in on Sunday. By the way, before the show we were again asked to keep the cheering to a reasonable volume. Ya know, I am beginning to think this might be a new Tokuma policy, rather than the request of the mall since this place was fairly loud in general. It was also ironic since Wasamin performed Niji wo Watatte, which is one of her famous audience participation songs. At the end of the day we essentially cheered normally, but nobody really went overboard. I was around 8th in line for buppan, and decided to do a horizontal shot for a change...

wasa11.jpg

So I basically congratulated her on the Setagaya event, and told her I had a lot of fun. Moreover, I mentioned that was disappointed that there was no buppan, as I really wanted to chat with her and take a 2-shot with her wearing the police outfit. It was funny though, Wasamin seemed to have a concerned look on her face while we were talking. I have a feeling that I know why, but I wanted to make this event an upbeat one. In any case, I decided to split for lunch....

wasa14.jpg

Jeez, for a mall in the outer burbs like this one, the food choices were amazing. The food court featured a Tomato Ramen chain I really wanted to try, as well as a few Western chains. Downstairs were a bunch of sit-down restaurants, including Ikinari Steak. It had been a while since I had enjoyed Ikinari. So after checking to make sure they were offering their normal lunch special, I queued up. Little did I know the wait would be almost 40 minutes, but I love this chain, so it was worth it! After lunch and a couple breath fresheners, I was back to the stage, taking a standing spot on the right side. The late setlist...

14:00 Setlist
    1. Mujineki
    2. Blue Light Yokohama
    3. Fuyu no Riviera

Wasamin decided to bait the fans into the "So desu ne!" bit, and kept ending sentences with "ne" just to get us to react. She has really started getting into the spirit of the various shtick the fans like to do, as it always gets a good laugh out of the local fans. I was sort of surprised she performed 'Blue Light Yokohama' as she usually saves that one for performances in Kanagawa Prefecture. But it's a nice song nonetheless. She has also started promoting her blog lately, today mentioning a couple times that she posted pictures in her police uniform, and for people to check them out. When she was in AKB she was really bad about updating her blog, but ever since she switched back over to Ameblo her blog gets updated multiple times per day, although some of the posts are written by staff. Anyway, I took my time queueing up for my 2-shot, as I knew I wanted to stay until the end of the event...

wasa12.jpg

Just before her manager took the shot a flying bug zoomed in-between us, as Wasamin ducked for cover. She refused to re-pose until she knew the bug was gone, which took at least 15-20 seconds of her frantically looking around. I was laughing the entire time, and she asked if I wasn't bothered by bugs. Well, honestly it depends on the bug. I don't like bees or wasps, but the rest I can tolerate. I then reminded her of how the mosquitoes had completely devoured me this summer. And with that I told her I would see her next weekend.

I stuck around for the end since this may be my last Wasamin mall event for a while. The queue was fairly short, and I was hoping the event would end soon since the local train runs infrequently (2-3 times per hour) and if I didn't make the 15:10 train I would be waiting for quite a while. Wasamin bid her farewell at 14:55, which gave me less than 15 minutes to get to the JR Station. I even mentioned it to a few of the other fans, but they were like "Yeah, whatever." So I took off in a brisk walk, and made it to the station three minutes before the train arrived. (IIRC, the last time I came here I wasn't so lucky)

Next Saturday Wasamin will be holding her "Wasamin Greeting Vol. 2" event. If you recall "Volume One" was the event where she and I posed with beer and scuba equipment, so that should be a blast. As it stands now, unless there is a last-minute addition to her schedule, that event may be the last chance I have to hang out with her before I fly to America, so I better make it count.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    'Wasamin Greeting Vol. 2' Fan Event at Shiodome Hall (2019/09/21)

This was an event I had been dreading, as I had be operating under the assumption that it would be the last time I see Wasamin for the foreseeable future. How would I handle it? How would she handle it? Actually, I'm sure she would deal with it a lot better than I would. All that said, my life has been in a continual state of flux for the past few months. I wasn't sure where I would be living, or what I would be doing. Would I continue living in Japan? Or would I have to return to the U.S.?

Things began to clear up over the past couple weeks when I finally started receiving job offers here in Japan, although some of them were a bit vague about the start date. It could be November, or maybe March of next year. However, over the past couple days it has become apparent that I may be starting a new job much sooner than anticipated, and my planned return to California may turn into just a quick vacation. Well, vacation may not be the best description, as I have a bunch of business to handle in America that will probably take up the entirety of my visit. The point is that what I thought would be a tearful farewell and "see you next year..maybe" with Wasamin turned into "I'm going to America, but I will be back soon!" A much more tolerable situation.

I set out for Shiodome early, figuring I would have lunch somewhere around Shimbashi before the event. Upon entering my local subway station, I was surprised that the destination of all the southbound trains was different from what I had ever seen before. Confused, I quickly looked up the Mita Line on my phone to see if there were any breaking stories, and it turned out there was some sort of signal or switching issue around Suidobashi, which was causing delays on the line. Moreover, the train I boarded was unusually crowded. I decided to transfer to my secondary route along the Oedo Line, which technically did get me closer to the event, but with 20 additional minutes of travel time. I decided to grab something quick to eat, ducking into a local fast food restaurant where I found 10 members of the South African Rugby team scarfing down their lunch, and posing for photos with some of the locals before heading to Yokohama to battle the 'All Blacks.'

By the way, while we were waiting a couple of foreigners came over to ask if this was a Rugby World Cup event, since the entire town is crawling with Rugby fans right now. Of course being the one English-speaker, I told them it was a music performance, and showed them a photo of Wasamin. But of course, for them it was "No Rugby? Not interested." LOL!

wasa25.jpg

Later on I saw the entire South African team posing for a group photo in front of the NTV Building too. But it was close to doors for Wasamin's event, so I hoofed it over to the Shiodome Media Annex, where I found all the fans milling around outside the venue. It was just a few minutes before doors, and eventually a staff member lined us up by the number on our ticket before leading us into the venue.

wasa24.jpg

At first I was led to believe the seating was 'first come first served,' and I had found a good seat on the right side in the second row. However, it turned out the seating was assigned, so I retreated back to the 5th row center. It was a very small room, so it didn't make too much difference. I received one free 2-shot ticket for being a fan club member but decided to purchase three more at the goods table, for a total of four. I wasn't going to see Wasamin for a little while, so I decided I would make the most of this event. Eventually Shinohara-san (Wasa-manager) made his introductions, and out walked Wasamin in what she described as a 'mustard-colored' one-piece dress. She was also sporting a fresh hairstyle. BTW, here is the event setlist...

Setlist
    1. Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara
    2. Toshishita no Otokonoko
    3. Kikyou

The soundboard guy had a bit of trouble at the outset, first starting the song then stopping it, then starting another song, and then going back to the original song 'in progress.' Wasamin turned to the sound guy (who was out of our sight-line) with a "wtf?" look on her face. It was pretty funny. As you can tell from the presence of a 4-song setlist, this event ended up being a 'fan-exclusive' mini-live, which was quite different from the previous Wasamin Greeting or the Ebisu fan event. Those events also included various games, where this event was pretty much just singing and talk. Among the things she talked about; her fresh hairstyle, which got raving reviews. Her dress. She had mentioned on Twitter that she had just purchased a new dress for 899 yen, but I didn't want to ask her if this was THAT dress. I mean it looked cute on her, but it's not a color you see people wear too often. It was definitely 'Autumn-colored' though. She talked about her Showroom the previous evening, which I forgot to watch since I was watching the Rugby World Cup, and she promoted the Hiruson 1-hour special, which I won't be able to see since I will be out of town. However the biggest feature of the day was the 2-shot shamekai/cheki portion of the event. I had four tickets since I wanted to spend a little extra time talking to Wasamin on this day, For the first two rounds we went by seat, and since I was #55 I would have to wait a little while before my turn.

Shamekai #1

wasa23.jpg

This was the meeting where I broke the news to her that I may be returning to Japan sooner than expected, and that I may be starting a new position at the end of next month. Moreover, the position is located in an area she is well-familiar with, since she performs nearby quite often. That got her really excited. I also complimented her dress, and told her that it reminded me of Thanksgiving holidays in America.

Shamekai #2

wasa22.jpg

At first I thought we could just re-queue since everyone had gone once. But since most everybody had multiple tickets they decided we would go in seat order again. This was merely a continuation of our earlier conversation, where I clarified the actual town I am supposedly moving to, and I admitted to her that part of the reason I wanted to work there was because of her frequency of performing near there. Yes, I make life decisions with Wasamin in mind!

Shamekai #3

wasa21.jpg

I asked her about the Hiruson special, confirming what day it was on, and sadly revealed that I would miss it. I also revealed to her that this is the last event I am going to see her at for a while. She only has a couple events scheduled in the next couple weeks, and one of them is in Hokkaido. Anyway, she thought this was my last ticket, and got sad for a moment, but I told her that I had one more.

Cheki #1

wasa26.jpg

I decided to mix things up and get one cheki. I wanted to tell her about the new izakaya my friends and I discovered recently. It's a Showa Era-themed restaurant called Yoyogi Milk Hall. They play 70s-80s J-pop music, and the entire restaurant is decorated with nostalgic records, posters, games and knickknacks. Even the food is Showa-themed. She seemed interested, and I told her about some of the songs they played, many of which are among the songs she has covered. Anyway, I wished I had talked to her about that earlier since this was my last ticket. But it was nice to end on something upbeat. As I left I told her I would see her again soon. (I hope!)

The event ended a short time later, and Wasamin said her goodbyes before heading to the airport. I walked over to Shimbashi station, and ducked into a bar to watch a little more of the Rugby World Cup before heading home. Tomorrow I am heading to Tokorozawa to see Minyo Girls, and I have a few other events I am aiming for before I fly to America. Wasamin has one event on October 2nd, but it is sold out, and I didn't get a ticket since I didn't know if I would be in town or not. So I will likely be missing that. However, if all goes as planned I should be back in time for her album release, so I am excited about that.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    A couple of photos from Wasamin's Bus Tour to Gunma and Lockheart Castle this weekend, Princess Wasamin!

wasa2.jpg wasa3.jpg wasa1.jpg

I was unable to attend the bus tour this time around, although I am in Japan. However, 1) I didn't know I was going to be in town for it, 2) it was really expensive, the most expensive event she's ever had, and 3) I am busy convalescing after breaking thee ribs in an accident last week. I'm not sure how comfortable I would've been anyway.

I haven't had the chance to see Misaki-chan since I came back. I do plan on going to her chara-ani event on 11/11, and I may head to Hamamatsuchon Monday since she is doing a free live.

Also...

Wasamin's latest YouTube broadcast:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    OH NO, she's cute!!!:inlove: Blue really suits her so well <3<3 and the dress is so fluffy and cute, I can't

11. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    This has just arrived from Japan: :)

IMG_2631s.jpg

On my first listen I like the new tracks, in particular #7 & #8 which according to CDJapan's Romaji transliterations are called 'Cosmos' and 'Tamashi no Refrain', is that correct? Also very nice to hear the older A-sides including some live versions. I'll watch the MVs on the DVD a little later.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki at Zozoji Temple (Minato Beach Festival) Hamamatsucho (2019/11/04)

wasa15.jpg

When I returned to Japan last month, I fully expected to see Wasamin at least a couple times before I moved to Saitama and started my new job. Unfortunately her schedule found her outside the Tokyo area most of the time, and once I moved to Saitama I didn't want to make the extra-long trek to Ibaraki or outer Chiba. However, I have always tried to attend the various Minato festivals that she regularly performs at. They were convenient to get to from my former apartment, and I could always visit my favorite pizza place/microbrewery nearby. So the afternoon before I started my new job, I headed to Tokyo.

Despite living in Central Saitama, the train ride into Tokyo isn't too long, however it is a 1300-1800 yen round trip depending where in Tokyo I'm heading. I was still a bit sore from my rib injury, so I slowly walked the crowded Hamamatsucho streets to the temple, which is just a stone's throw from Tokyo Tower. I immediately ran into Kentaro-san, who asked me when I got back to Japan. We walked over to the Wasamin booth, where I was hoping they might have Wasamin's new album available for furage, but they were only offering pre-order. I decided to order one copy of the regular version (the one where she is wearing the sexy dress) All the seats had long been taken, and there were a lot of people standing, so I decided to stand a little further back and watch from a distance.

wasa12.jpg

This turned out to be not so much a mini-live. Instead it was a one-hour radio show (which explained the 16:00-17:00 time schedule) Wasamin was one of four guests, the others being a pop singer from Hakkaido, a comedian, and a talento. She did open by singing Koi no Owari Sangenjaya, and later performed Watashi no Kare wa Hidarikiki. I was standing fairly close to Kentaro who was drawing the attention of everyone nearby with his loud Wasamin calls. I refrained from cheering very loud for her since right now it is painful for me to do. However, I did participate in the "call and response" when she sang "Hidarikiki." Admittedly it was a little bit painful, but it is such a fun aspect of that song that I couldn't hold back.

Wasamin was far and away the most talented singer on the program, although the comedian, who kept introducing himself as "Elton John" sang a totally respectable rendition of "Your Song" I'm not sure what his name was, but he was definitely the most well-known guest. Oh, and the radio show hosts too, who seemed to have quite the fanbase.

The show ended right on time, and I immediately headed back over to the booth where both Wasamin and the singer from Hokkaido were set up for meet and greet. The album preorder afforded me two tickets, which I planned to use for one 2-shot shamekai. The line to see Wasamin formed on the right side of the tent, and by the time I got there I was around 12th in line. I noticed everyone in front of the line were only doing handshakes, and I began to wonder for a moment if they were even offering 2-shots at this event. They were, so I handed my two tickets and my "new" phone to Wasa-manager. Yes, I was about to christen my new iPhone with its first Wasamin 2-shot...

wasa14.jpg

Considering how often I normally see Wasamin, and the fact I left Japan for a while, it seemed like a long time since I had seen her. But truthfully it had only been like six weeks or so. So Wasamin didn't seem surprised to see me. I had to remind her that it had been over a month, and that I had gone abroad. I also related my injury story, to her shocked reaction. She asked how I was feeling. I told her I was in some pain, but was okay.

I wanted to see her a second time, but I have to be very mindful of my budget right now, especially since my first paycheck isn't due until late-December, and I missed out on half a month's salary because of the accident. In any case, I would be seeing her the following weekend, so no worries. I headed back toward the station for some pizza, a beer, and my ride back to Saitama.

This past week was the celebration of the release of Wasamin's new album. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to any of the events since they were during the week, and during the day. I could conceivably go to her Sunday event in Kasai, but Minyo Girls are performing in Konosu, which is very close to where I live. There will probably be a few more album events in the coming month. Hopefully at least a couple of them will be in Saitama.

Oh, and @David61 , you have the names of the songs correct. If you aren't sure, you can check the album thread on the soloists section.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Chara-ani Cheki Event at Tokuma/Nippon Crown Head Office, Gotanda (2019/11/09)

Wasamin's twice-annual cheki event at the Tokuma offices is always fun for a myriad of reasons. It's a chance to take relatively cheap 2-hot chekis with her, she always picks adorable outfits to pose in, and it's a low-key, informal affair. Technically, getting tickets for this event is supposed to be limited to chara-ani pre-orders of her singles. However, as long as I have been in Japan they have offered tickets "on the day." And since I wasn't sure where I would be when the re-release of Wasamin's 8th single was released, or if I would even be in Japan, I was unable to participate in the pre-order. Hence, I scored my tickets on Saturday.

Per usual, there were three "slots" at the event. Slot 1 was at 11:30, Slot 2 at 13:30, and Slot 3 at 15:30. Since I had a good hour commute to the venue from my apartment, and I had a bit of work to do around the house, I decided to forego the first slot and instead show up after lunch. I got to Gotanda shortly before 13:00. It was sunny when I left Saitama, but in Tokyo it looked like it might rain. After grabbing a cup of coffee at Tully's I made my way to the office, which is a good 10-minute walk from the station. I didn't see any Wasafans on my route, which made me slightly concerned the event had been moved. But when I got to the label's non-descript building I saw the Wasamin poster, and a familiar Tokuma staff member who I last saw at FESTIVE'S mini-live in Kawasaki. I purchased 2 CDs, and received one ticket each for the 2nd and third slots.

wasa16.jpg

I was surprised by how few people were in the waiting room. Normally there are over 50 people there, but this time there were probably less than 30. There wasn't really a pre-queue, just people milling around. I was happy to see Ichiro-san, who is a Wasamin/Minyo Girls fan who often makes comments on my Twitter posts. I asked him what he was going to do about Sunday, where both Wasamin and MG had conflicting events fairly far apart from one another. If you read the Minyo Girls post I made the other day, I made the decision to skip Wasamin's event on Sunday since Minyo Girls were performing practically in my backyard. But Ichiro said he was going to try and make both events. Good luck. (He made it) I also asked him what Wasamin wore in the first slot. Here's the outfit I missed out on...

wasa11.jpg

Ooohhh! It's the outfit from the new album cover shoot. Sexy! Well now I was sorry I missed the first slot. However, my enthusiasm was redeemed when I saw what she wore in Slot 2...

wasa17.jpg

I mean everything about this outfit is sexy. The dress, her shoes, the jewelry, an of course Wasamin. I went on and on about how much I liked what she was wearing. I also updated her on my injury, to which she immediately filled in Sasou-san (who was taking the pics) and Shinohara-san (Wasa-manager) about my accident. The good news was that I felt better, despite still being a little sore. But I told her I was able to work the previous week, and the first week of my new job went well. With that I excused myself, and headed to lunch; Gyudon at Okamura-ya, which just recently opened in Gotanda. By the way, here are my two chekis...

wasa10.jpg

I returned shortly before 15:30, and it was pretty much the same routine, with the same 25-30 people in the waiting room. I wasn't in any big hurry since I only had one ticket, and the only mystery at the time was which outfit she would wear. This outfit was something she has modeled a couple times recently on her blog and Twitter. It's a typical Wasa-outfit; conservative and cute. And of course I made a big deal about it.

wasa18.jpg

I also gave Wasamin a taste of how I talk with my Junior High students. I figured she'd get a kick out of it since most foreign English teachers generally follow a similar format which is prescribed my the Department of Education. In fact, I now realize that when Yakata Miki used to try speaking English with me the things she would say were right out of the DOE textbook, LOL. Anyway, with Wasamin now snickering that I am now "Chris-sensei" I took my leave and headed back home.

It turns out that there are now tickets available for Wasamin's acoustic "Love Live" in two weeks. I really want to go, but I haven't pulled the trigger on purchasing a ticket yet. I do have a ticket for her December 1st performance, and the Fan Club Christmas event, so lots of Wasa-fun on the horizon regardless.

• Like Like x 5
  15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    From rka in the graduated members thread. She will be at the boat races on 12/1

GI 1st Boat Race Battle Champion Tournament

Sae Miyazawa & Misaki Iwasa Special Talk Show
    Venue: Event Stage
    Time: Race 5 on sale (around 12:05)
    Appearance: Sae Miyazawa, Misaki Iwasa
    MC: Kunimaru Nomura (Bunka Broadcasting Personality)

http://www.heiwajima.gr.jp/01event/01event.htm#r6963

16. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @sscrla

That event is the same day as the Minyo Girls / Iwasa Misaki 'Battle Concert' at Akihabara Zest. So Wasamin will be quite busy on that day. Also...

Here are the new goods for Wasamin's solo acoustic "Love Live" concert tomorrow...

wasa21.jpg

Wasamin 2020 Calendar. (I have had a Wasa-calendar for at least 7-8 years now, so I was looking forward to this)

wasa22.jpg

Acrylic Stand / Key Holder. (I now have a row of Wasamin acrylic stands on my window sill dating back to her AKB days. I'm excited to add one more although this would be the first one that isn't full-body)

wasa23.jpg

Wasamin Sticker. (Hmm, I may take a pass on this one)

wasa24.jpg

Set of 3 Can Badges (I have a ton of these too, debating getting this set. They look quite cute)

wasa25.jpg

Additionally, there will be a cheki giveaway for people who purchase over 5000 yen in goods, including at least one 'old' product. I was planning on getting another Wasamin Smartphone case for my new phone, so I would be eligible. I hope I get one of the random signed pics!

BTW, this concert has been 'sold out' twice already, but they just announced there will be a limited amount of tickets available 'on the day.' I still don't have a ticket, so I am heading to Tokyo tomorrow in hopes I can score one since I love Wasamin's acoustic show. It's supposed to rain pretty much all day tomorrow, so I hope I don't miss out after traveling all that way in foul weather. (Although I do have a back-up plan in case I do)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki Aki 'Love Live' Vol. 2 ~Mou Sukoshi Dake~ Solo Concert at Hamamatsucho Bunka Hall (2019/11/23)

To say this was a crazy day would be an understatement! It all began with my journey from Central Saitama to Tokyo in cold, rainy weather to hopefully score a last-minute ticket for Wasamin's solo-live. The reason I wasn't able to purchase a ticket during the normal sales period was because a) I was in America, and b) I was in-between apartments, and didn't have a proper address to send the ticket to. By the time I had all of that sorted the show was sold out. Staff hinted there were more tickets available, but the Ticket Pia website said differently. My last chance was the Friday announcement that there would be "some" tickets available 'on the day.'

wasa48.JPG
    Can't even see the top of Tokyo Tower

I arrived over an hour before the box office was scheduled to open (and 7 hours before the show) There were only three people in line. Cool! Ultimately only seven people queued up, so I figured we were all good to go. That was until the venue staff came out and said there were only three tickets available. WTF? And of course being fourth in line meant I got skunked. Obviously I was ticked off. I mean why make an announcement like that if there are so few tickets available? Moreover, nowhere did it say "first come, first served." Understandably the four of us who got shut out felt kinda gypped. Though the guy behind me really didn't take it very well, throwing a tantrum, on his knees begging the staff to give him a ticket. He wouldn't let it go, and at one point tried to break past staff and into the venue. I'm not sure what that would've accomplished though. He was an older guy, a Wasa-event regular, but he mostly keeps to himself. Anyway....

After standing there in vain for over twenty minutes hoping for a miracle announcement, I finally gave up and resigned myself to my "Plan B" to see another idol group later in the day. However, before I left I decided to grab some pizza and a couple beers from Devilcraft, which was right down the street. And for good measure, I decided to send a general SOS (translate: rant) on Twitter. Since many of the Wasafans 'follow' me, perhaps there was a chance for a 'miracle.'

Sure enough, after receiving a handful of consoling 'likes' I got a private message. "Chris, are you still nearby? We have a ticket for you!" I couldn't respond fast enough, and told them I could be back to the venue in 15 minutes. It turned out my friend Ichiro had an extra ticket that he had been trying to sell for a couple days. Ironically, I had considered messaging him on Friday asking if he knew anyone with extra tickets. I guess next time I should go with my instincts, eh?

wasa46.JPG
    Score-a-rooni!

So it all worked out. In fact, everyone behind me in the morning queue, with the exception of the tantrum guy, were all able to find a ticket. So it shows what a little patience and persistence can do, not to mention good friends who look out for you. Anyway, thinking I was missing the show I had spent some of the money I had earmarked for goods on pizza and beer, so I decided to be frugal and just get the two items I wanted the most...

wasa45.JPG
    Wasamin 2020 Calendar

wasa47.JPG
    Acrylic Stand

I skipped on the badges, but I am fairly confident they will have them at the Christmas event. I also skipped on another smartphone case, but maybe she will come out with another one soon. After going back to Devilcraft for one more pint, I returned and queued up for the show. I was in the 9th row on the left side. There were 10 rows in total, and a small 11th row which I'm guessing were the people who won the tickets in the morning. At one point I turned around to see the Iwasa family sitting right behind me. I have seen her parents and younger sister quite a few times in the past, but this was the first time I got a good look at her older sister. They mostly keep to themselves, slipping in just before the show starts and leaving just before it ends, so I left them alone. They have spoken to me a couple times in the past, but it's better to respect their privacy. Eventually the lights dimmed, it was showtime. Here's the setlist...

**= Wasamin on guitar

Setlist
    01. Kaze Tachinu (from the Studio Ghibli film)
    02. Kaede** (Spitz)
    03. Kimi wa Rock wo Kikanai** (AIMYON)
    04. Mizu no Hoshi e Ai wo Komete (Moriguchi Hiroko)
    05. Ai ni Dekiru Koto wa Mada Aru Kai (RADWIMPS)
    06. Hitachi no Meguriai (from Wasamin's 4th single)
    07. Iro Tzuku Machi (Minami Saori)
    08. M (Princess Princess)
    09. Akane Iro no Yakusoku** (Ikimono Gakari)
    10. Cosmos** (from Wasamin's new album)
    11. Yozora no Mukou** (SMAP)
    12. Kawaranai Mono (Oku Hanako)

EN01: Koi no Owari Sangenjaya (Wasamin's 8th single)

wasa52.JPG

First of all, Wasamin looked stunning! it isn't the first time she has worn that dress (it's from the new album cover shoot) but she always looks beautiful in it, and I love when she wears her hair with a bushy ponytail like that. Not to mention the shoes, and the jewelry. I thought she looked gorgeous.

wasa42.jpg
    From Wasamin's official blog

I loved this setlist. It didn't have a lot of upbeat songs, but of the songs she did choose, many were haunting, and most of them showed off her vocal chops. As for her guitar work, I didn't hear any major mistakes, and the one's I did hear were subtle at best. I was watching the way she transitions her chord playing. I think her biggest issue is that she has small hands, which can make some chords a challenge to play. Oh, and before the Ikimono Gakari song she got her earring stuck in her guitar strap, and had to take it off to get it untangled, LOL. I think my favorite song was Iro Tzuku Machi (#7) I had never heard it before, but it had a really sexy vibe.

The two most memorable MCs where when she promoted her mini-live the next day in Chiba, and of course the goods corner. She showed off a few pages of the calendar before stopping and saying you have to buy it to see the rest. She also did a drawing to win a free solo-cheki. The were five winners (out of an audience of 200) Unfortunately I didn't win, although had I won I would've probably offered it to Ichiro as a thank you.

wasa41.jpg
    with Senbei-san (from her official blog)

Like last years show, she was accompanied by Senbei-san on keyboards. Senbei-san looks like an old hippie with long gray hair, and he makes some great facial expressions while playing. Wasamin interviewed him during the encore, and he was very awkward. We were all calling his name too, which I think embarrassed him.

After the show I quickly grabbed an elevator back to the 2nd floor where buppan was being held. Everyone got to take a 2-shot with Wasamin just for purchasing a ticket, so I knew the line would be long. I managed to be third in line for the first go-round. Wasamin gave me a super-excited greeting, making me wonder if she read my earlier Twitter rant about not getting a ticket in the morning...

wasa51.JPG

I told her the show was perfect, I loved the songs, and she looked beautiful. She responded "Yokatta," but it was quick since they were trying to move the long line as quickly as possible. In fact, people with more than one ticket were not allowed to re-queue until everyone had gone at least once. So I had quite a wait before I could get back in line. I ended up being first in line for the second round, until they realized one fan sneaked into the first queue with his second ticket, so they moved him in front of me....

wasa50.JPG

Once again it was a quick visit, but Wasamin asked me how the new job was going. I told her it was totally fun. I started to say something about the students, and she asked me if the students are cute. "Yes, they are all cute!" I quickly said as I was being pushed away by Shinohara-san. I have a lot more to tell her about my job, but it will have to wait.

wasa53.JPG
    More Flowers!

And with that I headed back to the station. I debated getting dinner in Hamamatsucho, Ueno, or Omiya, but the was a Commuter Express train leaving soon for Saitama, so I decided to wait until got home, which was a major tactical error since almost all the restaurants in Okegawa closed early due to the Labor Thanksgiving Holiday. Though I was able to get something to-go from Lotteria. As for Sunday, there are a lot of shows I want to see, including Minyo Girls' Countdown Live, and of course Wasamin's mini-live in Chiba, but as I promised myself that I would be more responsible with my idol budget, I am just going to chill out at home. I am seeing the Minyo Girls/Wasamin Battle Concert next Sunday anyway, so it's all good.

• Like Like x 6
  18. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Over on Uchida Mayumi's thread, @hiroto has just discovered her YouTube channel which appears to have started back in April. I've just been working my way through the videos and I've reached the first one dated 04/28 which has Ucchi talking to Wasamin:

I've just run through the last few pages of this thread and I can't see any mention of this, so although it's a little late (and Wasamin doesn't appear until quite late in the video) I hope it's of interest!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    The 2nd Minyo Girls/Iwasa Misaki "Fighting Battle Concert" at Akihabara Zest (2019/12/01)

wasa67.jpg

Flowers!

As often as Minyo Girls do these "battle concerts," it is somewhat surprising that Wasamin isn't invited more often, That said, this was the second time in the last 3 1/2 months that Wasamin has made an appearance there. But before we get into the show....

I neglected to mention on the Minyo Girls thread that little Yutori, one of the original Mingaru members, graduated last month. And the morning of this show, two more members, Yuua and Ramukyun, both announced their upcoming graduations in January. It is quite the blow to what I have always felt was a promising newcomer group. Yutori was the original front girl back in the early days. Yuua, another original member, has functioned as the co-lead of Minyo Girls for at least the past two years. Then there's Ramukyun, the adorably quirky shamisen player. Her announcement may have been the biggest surprise. Not to mention a significant blow since I have to imagine that cute, teenage shamisen players aren't easy to come by. And even if the shamisen has become less significant on their recent releases, I still feel that it is an integral part of the group's identity. Anyway...

The other late announcement was Wasamin's scheduled appearance along with Miyazawa Sae at the boat races in Yokohama. Wasamin has appeared at the Shizuoka boat races quite a few time in the past, but this was the first time she was appearing at a Kanto location. Moreover, the co-billing with Sae seemed totally out of left-field. Ultimately I had very little interest in traveling out to Kanagawa, which is at least a 2-hour ride from my home. Seeing Wasamin and Minyo Girls in Akiba would be plenty of entertainment for me. So I spent the morning straightening up the house before heading to Tokyo in the early afternoon.

I arrived in Akihabara shortly before 3 p.m. I had over an hour until doors, so I decided to spend a little while at The Hub for happy hour. The tickets to get in were numbered, and I had scored my ticket at a recent Mingaru mini-live, which assured me of getting into the venue early. When I entered the staff asked me who I was there to see. Last time I came to this show, I told them I was there for Wasamin and there was no door gift. This time I wisely told them I was there for Minyo Girls (I was even wearing a Mingaru T-shirt) and received a bonus photo. I went straight into the stage area, and had a choice; Either one back from the stage on the side, or two back in the center. I chose the center since it would be closest to Wasamin during her set. I dropped my stuff on the floor to save my spot, and went to purchase 2-shot tickets...

wasa64.jpg
    The Minyo 5-nin lineup

I lined up for Minyo tickets first since the line was longer, and made a bit of a tactical error. I purchased two handshake/2-shot tickets for 1000 yen each, forgetting that I could've purchased a ticket to Yuua and Ramu's graduation for 1000 yen more, and received the same amount of tickets. I thought about returning to the table and asking to make an exchange, but I have done that with Minyo Girls a couple times before, and didn't want to be a pain in the ass. Meanwhile, I got one ticket for Wasamin since her line is always huge at this event. I figured one visit would be enough. With that I returned to my spot, and cleared away the people standing over my jacket. It was showtime!

Minyo Girls took the stage as a 5-nin group. Missing were Rio and Matsuri, who at this point seem almost like part-time members since they both live far from Tokyo. Also missing was Ramukyun, which was a real bummer since I wanted to talk to her after her announcement. At least I could talk to Yuua-chan, as well as Miyabi, who at this point is clearly my Mingaru oshi. After opening with the Yuua-led single from Minyo Girls IV, they did a series of intense and fun b-sides from their last two singles. In fact the only A-side they performed was Mirai. Yuua and Miyabi normally flank the sides of the stage, so I had Ryo and Minori in front of me most of the time. Minori is the group leader, and she is well-familiar with who I am a fan of, but she still found time to play with me once in a while. They neglected to do a photo-op portion of the show, which management apologized for on Twitter the next day, but they did post this photo of the encore...

wasa62.jpg
    BTW, that's my hand between Rinacchi and Wasamin

The Mingaru set was around 45 minutes, and Wasamin would come out after a brief break. She looked gorgeous, in what I thought might be new dress until she said she had worn it once before, and made the fans guess where she wore it. Still, she looked cute, and once again was rockin' her hair down which just melts my heart. She decided to do a slightly different type of setlist this time. Here ya go...

Wasamin Setlist
    01. Hatsuzake
    02. Watashi no Kare wa Hidarikiki
    03. Toshishita no Otokonoko
    04. Niji wo Watatte
    05. Koisuru Fortune Cookie (enka version)
    06. Heavy Rotation (enka version)
    07. Machibuse
    08. Ame
    09. Tamashii no Refrain
    10. Senbon Zakura
    11. Koi no Owari Sangenjaya

EN01. Aitakatta (with Minyo Girls)

wasa61.jpg

Well jeez, where do I start? Tracks 2-4 are the "call and response" songs, which the Minyo members all said they were fascinated by. By the way. Wasamin asked the audience who was left-handed. At first almost everyone raised their hand, but she again asked "No really?" Now I have told her at least twice that I am left-handed, but she still seemed surprised by the revelation. Next was the AKB-enka version section, followed by the new tracks from her recent album. Now I am guessing many of the people here have yet to hear her new album. Many of the songs are quite the departure from her usual material. Machibuse is such a sexy song, possibly my favorite of the release, and then you have 'Refrain' and 'Zakura," both anime-related J-pop songs. In fact, the Wasafans went into full wota-mode, doing calls, chants. It was the first time I had heard the Wasamin fans do anything like it, and she had a blast, laughing the entire time...

But the ultimate nostalgic moment was the encore performance of Aitakatta, which had Wasamin completely gassed out by the end. I'm not sure why she is so out of shape at 24, but whatever. She was amazed that none of the Minyo's were even out of breath at the end. They did a brief promotion for upcoming events, as well as the goods for sale outside, before ending the show. I quickly headed to the bar for my requisite drink, and a few minute breather before lining up for Wasamin...

I had contemplated using my to Mingaru tickets for a group shot, but when I found out it was only five members I passed. In any case, the group shot opportunity ended while I was still waiting for Wasamin. Eventually it was my turn...

wasa68.jpg

This picture is an inside joke between me and some of my students. I explained it to Wasamin, and she thought it was cute. After complimenting her outfit, I told her I was indeed left-handed, which is why I have always loved that song. Shinohara-san gave me an extra couple seconds to explain the gesture, and after that I immediately queued up for Minyo Girls. At first I debated; would I spend my two tickets for one signed cheki with Miyabi, or two unsigned chekis with Miyabi and Yuua? Ultimately I decided that I really wanted to talk to Yuua, so I would split the tickets. Here are my two chekis...

wasa66.jpg wasa65.jpg

My 'namida' pose with Yuua since she is graduating. It was funny though, while I was in line for Yuua, Miyabi came over to me twice asking if I was sure I didn't want to see her. Uh oh, she is growing up to be a possessive idol, I love it! They both asked how my new job was going, and I told both of them that I was having a lot of fun, and that my students are all very cute.

And with that I took off, first grabbing a quick dinner in Akiba, and then heading back home. But not before seeing Miyabi's parents, who I quickly said hello to and expressed my sadness about Yuua (she and Miyabi are best friends) I'm not sure when exactly I am seeing Wasamin or Minyo Girls again, but they both have plenty of events this month. I do have a ticket to the Wasamin fan club Christmas Party later this month, and I just received my latest copy of Misaki Magazine with a bunch of new events scheduled. As for which events I will attend, we will see. I suspect there will be a new single soon, as well as a solo concert, so I will need to check my Wasa-budget.

• Like Like x 4
  20. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz